Agent Says Manchester United Now Interested in Demba Ba

Now it seems the agent of Demba Ba is talking about the transfer negotiations they are involved in,  to sell Newcatsle’s Demba Ba.

The Demba Ba management team is now headed by his brother, but Armand Doorn is a member of that team and he said today that Mancsheter United were one of the clubs interested in the player.

This is what Doorn told the IBTimes UK.

“A lot of clubs are calling for Demba. At this moment we are doing transfer negotiations with his brother, before we did it alone and now we do it with his brother,”

“Obviously he is doing very well at Newcastle, he’s not injured and a lot of clubs are showing interest, but there is nothing concrete at this moment.”

“It is true Manchester United, it’s true, but nothing concrete.” “No manager has called me and said, ‘Armand, can we sit down’ and everybody is asking how much his release clause is, but nothing concrete.”

“PSG did show some interest, maybe more concrete too, but this is because I know there are a lot of new people on the board there and a lot of people know Demba Ba already, since he was young.”

“So it is easier for them to talk to the brother, to the family and yes there is a possibility, but again, there is nothing concrete. We haven’t sat down with anybody yet.”

The Evening Chronicle reported yesterday that the clause wasn’t that simple,  and with agent and insurance payments Demba Ba would still cost around £20M, and that Newcastle had to pay his agents around £2M in the summer to get him to Newcastle.

Of course the Senegal international is now at the African Cup of Nations, and we assume that can delay any move Ba may want to make in January, and Newcastle should be able to keep him at the club this month.

But in the summer it will be a different matter,  and we hope that by then Newcastle can get things sorted out such as to offer the player a new deal,  or at least make it more expensive for clubs,  should he be sold in the summer months, by changing his contract, if that is possible.

And there should be some rules made that managers and agents cannot discuss their player’s transfer dealings  in the gossip press, but we know that would be a difficult thing to control.

I got a few emails from readers yesterday saying that Demba Ba had sent this tweet out on his Twitter account at 11:00 pm on Monday evening,  and translated  from the French it said:

I don’t want to talk to other clubs, and I am only  focused on Newcastle and the African Cup of Nations.

Ba has scored 15 goals in the Premier League this season for Newcastle,  and was almost unplayable against the Red Devils in Newcastle’s historic 3-0 win a week ago.

It was only last year that we were involved with the Andy Carroll affair, and it seems we are going to have to weather this storm brewing over Demba Ba possibly leaving this January, but we don’t think he’ll leave.

Not in January anyway.

Comments welcome.

• FloridaToon

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM

His agent and bother probably just want more money. I say redo the contract and double his wages….he is worth it.

• alex84

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM

bloody agents!!

id take carroll back, plus id have Erdinc as well

we would have 3 strikers that add something different.

• Super Simmo Strikes Again

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM

His brother hints at the type of clause as well.

[I]“There is a clause, but it is not simple. Newcastle knew when they signed him that it was in his last contract.”[/I]

From what I interpret, I believe he means that the Clause is similar to the Relegation clause at West Ham. However if he does leave, it would not be for free.

• BartZ

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I think his agent is trying to get across the point that nothing is concrete. Not sure if he mentioned this, just my view…

• Super Simmo Strikes Again

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:46 AM

What can Carroll add, that our current crop can’t?

• redondo77

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Damn leechers!
    Let Ba decide on his own!
    Stop influencing Ba in order to get more money in your pockets!

• Ollieh51

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Ba isn’t on twitter by the way…

He has a number of agents and one of them is saying that there has been loads of interest from other clubs yet the club has vehemently denied any bids for him.

Interesting.

Sounds to me like somebody is trying to instigate a move for his client.

New contract for him as soon as he arrives, if he signs, great, if not, oh crap!

Until then, he’s off playing for his country and will be with us until the end of the season.

This story is getting rather boring…

• BartZ

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM

On a serious note though i can’t see Demba leaving in jan like he said it would be to difficult but definately in the summer. PSG can offer the lad whatever he wants which is a shame for us, but we nee to be positive and make as much money out of this deal so we can continue to improve the club. Fingers crossed he may still stay but it seems doubtful

• radja in Indonesia

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Please DON’T SELL BA.. HE’S OUR NO 9..!!!!!

• redondo77

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Ba should look at Carrol. Being greedy will get you in the end.

• BartZ

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Redondo – agree with you mate but if you where getting offered £100k + over say £50k (no idea what they are on), you can see why they a slightly tempted… Loyalty goes out the window when money is involved, especially in this game!

• alec6247toon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:09 AM

It’s upto the player at the end of the day, and anything we say will not be able to influence his decision. I hope that he stays as he has been phenomenal this season, and hopefully he will see the excitement that is back in Newcastle, and will want to be part of that. If not then fine, he can leave and I’m sure that there will be someone who will be more willing to come in and stay with the club, and help guide us to where we deserve to be. Saying that I do really hope he stays though.

• FloridaToon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I just don’t see Ba or Tiote leaving this window. They are both at the ACN and I think it would be extremely difficult to iron out a contract while they are gone.

The summer may be a different story but I hope MA signs Ba up longterm at higher wages before then.

• ballerfan2

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Much as I would hate for Ba to leave, wouldn’t it be ironic if ‘arry’s “leaking” the news regarding Ba’s clause resulted in him going to one of Spurs main rivals for a top 3 spot as the addition of Ba would definitely push Man U out of Spurs reach.

• cyprus

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:19 AM

It’s straightforward. If we want to move up to the next level we must hold on to players like Ba and HBA. Surely, given the money we’ve taken in from recent sales, we can boost their salaries enough to ‘settle’ them for at least a couple of years. And AP, sort out the HBA issue, he must start and finish every game. It’s analogous to the Barca coach telling Messi, ‘look lad, you’re good but you don’t fit in my philosophy’! Change the damn philosophy dude.

• achtoon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Sounds to me like they are just trying to get abetter contract from newcastle. Same as the rooney man city saga last year. Some of the things being said dont ring true. I cant see fergie phoneing up some dodgy agent. the rules are clubs need to get permission grom the players club first. This agent is saying manure and psg have broken the rules. I also cant see psg, who have as much money as man city, being interested, not a. big enough name.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM

This is what Ferguson does .He did it when Fulham beat Man U a good few season’s ago & signed Saha so he couldn’t do it again. And Harry Redknapp is up to his old tricks unsettling players with untruths. If Dalgleish wants Ba tell him £35m plus Carroll & see if that tempts him. If this club is to move to the next level we need to secure our best players on good fair contracts & tell preditors they are not for sale .Ashley must now be prepared to provide sufficient funds (Not megabucks) to strengthen by buying a quality centre back, a proven goalscorer, another solid full back & perhaps a creative midfielder (cover for Cabaye). That means get Colo, Krul & Ba on realistic contracts, retain Tiote & sign Carroll (back on loan if necessary), Samba , Pieters & the lad from Dijon (believe he’s mustard). Jordan Rhodes from Lee Clarke at Huddersfield may also be worth a punt for the future.

• Graeme

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Guys, be realistic. In every walk of life, “Loyalty” is paid into the bank at the end of the month. The more that goes in, the more loyal we all are!!

If someone offers him more “Loyalty” elsewhere he will become even more “Loyal” to that offer. Its nothing more than school-yard economics!!

• FloridaToon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM

@grame

While I agree, they are still a few players willing to stay where they are for less money. These players, however, are becoming harder and harder to find.

• Ollieh51

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM

@ Achtoon – 100% agree mate. Simple logic applied to it all and this all seems like a storm in a tea cup.

I think people just see how we react to news like that and feed off it?

• Dannyo

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Again, the Carroll saga is bullsheeeeit. I liked this journos thought about it on the matter:

Luke Edwards
    #nufc have denied Carroll return story ever since he left and were still denying it last night. I shd know, I’ve asked them often enough!

• cyprus

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Graeme,
    I think most here are making the same point, ie. we have to buy his loyalty with a much improved contract. Look at Rooney, who was about to go (cross-town?) just a few months ago. Got a boost to 200k + and suddenly he’s kissing his badge! What we must do is a spurs: Announce that we don’t sell our best players and reward them for staying. Fringe, ok players can go, not the creme-de-la-creme like Ba, HBA.

• Dannyo

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM

But hey, have the press stay focus on the Carroll thing, then all of a sudden we bring in someone else that no one knew about.

• ross armstrong

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM

carroll wont be cumn and ba will leave in the summer !!

• FloridaToon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Myself and others have asked the question as to if a player can be sold in consecutive transfer windows. Well I have read the premiere league rules on transfers and nowhere does it state that you cannot do this.

Just thought I would share this with everyone. Here is the link if anyone would like to read it for themselves. Transfers are in section 7.

• Dannyo

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM

• martoon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I find it strange you guys moan about the ‘big 6’ trying to steal our best players but then go on to suggest who we should buy in January. Are we not ‘stealing’ these players from lower league or French clubs?

• Ollieh51

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Seriously guys – Carroll is on more than twice as much money now at Liverpool!

Why would we break our budget for a guy that scores well only when played it appears with a specific brand of football?

Look at how long we were considering Cabaye for us as a CM?

Notice how we have more players with assists this season as our game style has slowly started to change?

• Ollieh51

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:41 AM

@ Dannyo – I would climb the monument iin the buff if this happened!!!

But then as much as we can pick apart rumours of our players, I’m sure Blackburn fans can theirs too!

• FloridaToon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM

@dannyo

Espn is pretty legit. They rarely ever put something out that at least doesn’t have some backing to it. If true this is insane. Possibly Erdinc and Hoilett…..I think I wet myself.

• FloridaToon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM

@ dannyo

Looks likes MA may have dug in his pockets for some extra change. Maybe the team is financially better off they he thought they would be at this point.

• martoon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM

FloridaToon – I’ve looked at the rules and it says a player can’t play for three clubs in one season. However I am unsure in Demba’s case if West Ham counts as the first, if he played in friendlies for them etc, before his transfer and whether tranfers in the summer count towards last season or this season.

• FloridaToon

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM

@martoon

where were you before? Could have saved me alot of time. lol

• stuart no9

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM

if demba is doing the business on the pitch and doing what he is being paid to do, then give him more money ffsWe aint going to get very far without him, so what is the point in selling him and finding ourselves back to square 1. All this “ambitious club “rubbish is just a load of tosh. we have one greedy fat f,,,ing owner who under is regime , NUFC are going NOWHERE.

• Toon Tang

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM

nothing concrete

• Oleg G

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Ok. I changed my mind about Carroll. I want him back (don’t mind him back I mean), but as a free agent. And if not, max 1M, just so it won’t be for free, otherwise it will be too cheap.

And Ba. Hell, we need to do everything in our power to keep this guy.
    + I am sure that interview with him a couple of days ago was translated not in the best way and as I see the guy, how he talks, him character, he is a loyal guy. His agents are a different matter.
    Hope I am not wrong about him.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM

What about Matt Phillips at Blackpool. In terrific form – worth a punt?

• FloridaToon

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM

@stuart

Apparently nowhere but up the league table.

• Dingo†®

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM

fan power…..

BA written in black n white at the gallowgate end….

demba is a gerodie, demba is a geordie,

ba baa ba, ba,

ba baa ba ,ba … chants etc

always loved the shearer testimonial with the scarf waving and often wondered why we don’t do it all the time