Ryan Taylor A Top Professional At Newcastle

For those regular readers of this blog they will know we are fans of Ryan Taylor.

Ryan Taylor – excellent utility player for Newcastle

Ever since the lad arrived three years ago as a makeweight in the transfer of Charles N’Zogbia to Wigan, Ryan has been more than a decent player, but the thing we have liked about him most of all is that he’s a top class professional.

About a year ago, we even thought he may want to leave Newcastle,  because he wasn’t getting a lot of games, and here’s a lad who just wants to play football and earn his wages, and he hates just sitting on the bench.

But since Alan Pardew arrived on Tyneside just over a year ago, Ryan has played plenty of  games, including 21 appearances this season alone, with three great goals.

He started off at left back this season in place of the departed Jose Enrique, but with young Davide  Santon now ready to play in that position, Pardew put Ryan on the right wing for the tough game against Manchester United last Wednesday night.

And we though Ryan had a good game although Gabriel Obertan stared at Blackburn last Saturday, and now Ben Arfa could start there on Sunday against QPR.

In the Manchester United game Ryan brought a lot to that position in putting over some good crosses, he’s got a good throw-in and he tracked back like a Trojan.

Ryan was asked if this was his best season on Tyneside, and this is what he said:

“It is. To be honest I have never had a season like this in the Premier League.” “That’s because I’ve been dampened by injuries.”

“Whenever I got a run together, I got a serious injury.” “It’s not one where I have been out for two or three weeks, it’s been like five months or more.”

“I have been due a run of games where I have been injury free.” “I put it down to hard work and the gaffer believing in me.”

“I have played in completely different positions in recent games, but I enjoy being back on the right-hand side.” “It has just been a great season for me so far.”

“I will play anywhere for this club, I don’t mind. I played the first part of the season at left-back, if I played the second part right wing it would be fine.”

Newcastle have done well this season so far, and after a six game streak without a win we have now won three of our last four games including the historic win last Wednesday night when we trounced Manchester United 3-0.

Newcastle also beat Blackburn last Saturday 2-1 to set up a fourth-round away FA Cup tie at either Wrexham or Brighton later this month.

And if reports in the papers are to be believed,  Newcastle are busy doing a lot of transfer business at the moment, most of which will probably come to fruition in the summer.

Newcastle are likely to bring in another five or six top players this summer to further bolster the Newcastle squad.

Ryan Taylor is still looking at this season, as he continued:

“If we can stay in the top 10 then great.” “The earlier we get to 40 points the better.” “If we do that sooner then we will do well this season.”

“I don’t see why we can’t kick on from this point.” “We didn’t really need a break from the league.” “But it was great against Man United. Things just clicked.”

“We had one or two scares, but we kept the champions quiet.” “We just want to carry that on in the next few games.”

We will probably see Ryan out on the right wing more in the second part of the season, but one thing is for sure, if he doesn’t start games he will be brought on as a substitute.

That’s what happened  last Saturday against Blackburn when he helped to tilt the game Newcastle’s way, along with Ben Arfa being out on the right wing and scoring that unbelievable goal to put Newcastle level, before Gutierrez scored a nice winner with almost the last kick of the game.

Now to beat QPR on Sunday afternoon.

Howay The Lads!!

• GAZ09

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Almost 2 weeks into the window and no signings or any real ideas on who we are going to sign.

• Super Simmo Strikes Again

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Two weeks into the window and we still have our best players in the team.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM

peope only slated raylor off becoz he was played out of position instead of santon. As RM against manu he gave us a really nice balance.

• LGFUAD21

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

On subject of Benny. I think that Adel Taraabt proves that this style of player can be used well as an AM.

I think Benny needs to show off a bit more like Adel does. He looses the ball far less.

• Beattie25

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Gaz09

”We tried to sign players but we were just unable to get them over the line. We were not going to be held for ransom and we were certainly not going to sign anyone but our first choice. The real work begins now until the next window when we will look to strengthen the team. Obviously I am dissapointed but we will look to coninue with the team we have.”

Alan Pardew quote on 1st Febuary 2012

and again on 1st September 2012

and once more on 1st Febuary 2013

• JackButler

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

A great professional, a credit to our club

• GeordieGerman

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Talking about right. Any news about Simpson?

• toonoholic

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM

we have our best players in the team because they are currently in ACN . Thank god for that blessing as a curse.

• Beattie25

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Do you think if Newcastle win the FA cup and get into Europe there will be a film made similar to Moneyball? The premise will be the same, signing cheap players instead of exspensive stars and bringing success to the team on a budget.

Steve Martin could play Alan Pardew
    John Goodman could be Mike Ashley
    Willem Defoe should be Derek LLambias
    Samuel L Jackson might be a good Shola Ameobi
    Antonio Banderras as Xisco would be a joy
    Warwick Davis Jr. as Denis Wise

Any more?

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

From previous thread,
    As much as I dislike the fat contoller I’d rather have him than the funky chicken family who really do seem clueless on all things football,and we havent got a statue of the worlds most infamous peadophile out side the stadium.

• kevymartins

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

How’s it going all? … If we sign hoilett GG I will marry you

• toonoholic

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Beattie, statistics of baseball can be a little different that statistic of football.

• Indian Magpie

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Beattie25

it would be tough to portray Shola

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Indian
    I think Caster Semenya the South African middle distance runner would play an excellent Shola.

• kevymartins

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Moneyball was a good show reminds me off what nufc are trying to do get undervalued players such as tiote cabaye ba marveeaux to creat a championship team …an I think tbh sir alan has it in him

• Indian Magpie

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM

kevy martins – A Championship team

Jail,

did she not have doubts over her sex

• JamieMartin

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM

• kevymartins

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM

@indian in baseball that’s like the top so for us a champion team

• kevymartins

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

So has ruddy “have a titter of whit” marveaux finally gave up on picking on every1 on here or was it just me lol

• roblee7

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

team for sunday, what you guys reckon?

krul

simpson colo willo santon

r taylor cabaye vuckic guti

ben arfa
    strolla

• jakesome

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

@LGFUAD21 4
    taraabt’s passing is second to none bennys isnt
    abel is also a much more physicall player than hba thats why hes able to hold his own in the center of the park

• roblee7

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM

personally, id rather play ben arfa on wing instead of taylor, and then put best up with shola, cant see pards doin that though….

• Beattie25

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Does anyone know what happens if Ed refuses to display a comment? I sent one and I believe it is being moderated. It wasn’t offensive but I am unsure if he will kick me out.

• JackButler

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Chris Foy has been appointed as ref for QPR, should be fun

• martoon

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Ryan Taylor will always be the the type of player who is a steady, reliable good pro but will never be spectacular. Nothing wrong with this – in fact these type of players, in the future, quite often make the best managers. You heard it here first Raylor a future Toon manager 🙂

• kevymartins

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM

@beattie I’m sure edd wouldn’t kick you out ….I think if it has like 1 offencive word in it it doesn’t get posted

• Beattie25

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I had the alternative name for a donkey

• martoon

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Roblee7 – got a feeling Simmo might be injured so you might have to rejig – maybe Raylor dropping to right back so we might be forced to play Obertan unless HBA plays RW with Best partnering Shola.

• LewSpi

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:39 PM

The team I think he’ll play on sunday.

————–Krul
    Simmo, Colo, Willo, Santon
    Ben Afra, Guthrie, Cabaye, Jonas
    ———–Best, Shola

• LewSpi

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Martoon, I forgot about that injury yeah, on physioroom, it says no return date, I’d whack Tav or Raylor there then.

It also says Guthers is a slight doubt, if not him then Abeid.

• 2_goal_tino

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM

@9
    Tiote- Mr T.
    Yohan- Ryan Gosling or whoever the latest screen ‘hunk’ is
    Sammy Ameobi- Will Smith (Cult hero- aka- far too much coverage for thir talent)
    Jonas – Alan Rickman with his hair from Harry Potter

• WWJBD

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Nice guy but does that mean he should be in our team?

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

If Guthrie and Simmo are doubts for Sunday,it means RTaylor will have to play in one of the full back slots,I hope Abeid makes ahead of Gosling,and the 3 million pound question of who will start on the right.

• WWJBD

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

JB
    Foy? Really? Ah christ we are in for a long 90 minutes!

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I hate it when I post something thats just been said, doh

• Beattie25

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

This is one of the most boring transfer windows ever. Evertime I get a chance I try to catch a glimpse at potential Newvastle transfers and if the goes quiet then I am interested to see who our rivals may purchase but this year is soooo dull. I cannot turn away in case I miss something but nothing is happening anywhere and I am going insane checking the webistes over again and again and seeing the same old recyled gubbins.

I just want Pardew to come out and say we may be close on a target or we are still some way off…. anything please…. I am so bored I am considering making up my own rumours to keep me occupied. Oh well back to work.

• Eastander

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM

@35 were over 1/3 of the way through the window and according to the skysports totaliser a whopping 1.2m has been spent… exciting times!

• catchy in norway

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM

putting aside my disslike for obertan and thinking of him as a human , the best thinkg pardew can do for him right now is taking away from the spot light for a while

his confidence was low to start with and its only getting worse with every game, which in turn with every match he is getting more and more disliked by fans saying thats it i carnt defend him anymore,

pardew needs to protect obertan not throw him to the lions

• Beattie25

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Does anyone know anything about this Tim Ream that Bolton are after?

I know he is a CB, American international, 24 years old and would cost £2.25 million.

I know we had a bad experience with Oguchi ‘Gooch’ Onyewu, but American players are getting better and better and he may be worth a punt at that price?

• Sgt. Heagerty

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Raylor is a top notch professional and a perfect example of what Newcastle united can do to good players. The support of the toon army mixed I’n with the new feel good atmosphere and lack of shite going on at the club makes good players great when we need em to be. We need more players like raylor who bleeds black and white. Players that you would have to rip the famous black and white stripes off of em to get em outta the kit. not sell outs like judas and nobby who talked a good game but was about as loyal as Benedict Arnold when push came to shove….(see what I did there, american revolution isnt a touchy subject for you Brits is it, all I’n fun, have faught alongside Britains bravest I’n battle and have nothing but respect for England) anyways you get the point. I only want players who want to be at the toon, not guys who give lip service and wax lyrically about there love for the toon only to sale out for an extra 20 quid on there pay packet. Hwtl