Two Top Teenagers Out For Several Months At Newcastle

Two of Newcastle’s top local youngsters will be out of action for a while,  after picking up injuries recently.

Michael Richardson – out for three months with ankle injury

19 year-old Michael Richardson has an ankle injury, and he will be out of action for up to two months.

And our other 19 year-old local lad Sammy Ameobi was injured in the 3-1 Reserve team win against Wigan Athletic earlier this week,  and he is also ruled out for up to three months with a knee injury.

Richardson joined the club 18 months ago after starring for Walker Central in the local leagues, and he gave up his job as an electrician with the Newcastle City Council,  and the lad has been impressive in the black and white stripes of Newcastle for the Reserve side.

The development  squad were forced to train indoors last week because of high winds,  and as luck would have it, Richardson   fell on his ankle and will now be on the sidelined for a while.

Reserve-team coach Willie Donachie talked about Michael and his injury:

“Michael’s going to be out for a couple of months. When we were in the indoor barn last week having a game, because it was very windy, he went over on his ankle.”

“He’s ruptured his ankle ligaments. He was doing well.”  “He’s got a great attitude, and he’ll be out for three months.”  “But we all expect him to be back soon.”

“Michael’s a great example to everyone. He’s came here from non-league football, and his attitude’s tremendous.” “He understands what it’s like to have a real job.”

“He came here and is now getting paid for kicking a ball about.”

Richardson spent some time at Leyton Orient on loan earlier this season, and appeared four times for the London side with one goal against Southend United.

And it was more bad news last Tuesday afternoon when Sammy Ameobi suffered a bad knee injury in the Reserve team 3-1 win against Wigan.

Sammy Ameobi – cheer up lad – it’s not that bad 😀

Sammy had to come off just before the hour mark and the bad news is that he could be out for a number of months – with an estimate being thee months.

Sammy Ameobi has been on the bench a lot of times for the first team this season,  and has made 13 appearances with one goal, and he picked up two caps for the England U21 side last November.

That one goal was the great match-winner he scored at Scunthorpe United in the Carling Cup last August to get Newcastle a 2-1 win after extra time.

And this is what Sammy told the Newcastle web-site today:

“I’d had a good start to the season so to have an injury like this has just killed me a little bit. It’s going to be tough mentally for me to get round it, but hopefully I’ll be able to so and get back as soon as possible. That’s the plan.”

“It was just a 50-50 challenge and I came off worse, but that’s football. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn’t but hopefully I can come back from this stronger than ever.”

“It’s deep bruising in my bone on the left side of my knee. It’s all swollen up but they have to treat it like it’s a fracture so that’s why it’s going to be such a long time.”

“I’d say it’s the second bad injury I’ve had, but the first one was when I was in the Academy. But obviously since I’ve got to where I am today, this is the first big blow so hopefully I’ll get back soon. It’s just about patience, really.”

“It’s nice that everybody has given me so much attention and I’m glad that people have said they can’t wait to get me back soon, so hopefully I’ll be able to do that for them and come back stronger.”

“Stuart Pearce called me yesterday and consoled me, which was good.” “He basically said ‘get well soon,’ and I think he wants me to come down when they play at Middlesbrough against Belgium in February, to see the boys, so I’d love to do that.”

“To know that I was going to be part of his plans is obviously a good thing so hopefully when I’m back, I’ll continue to be part of his plans and go from there.”

“And as for Newcastle, I’ll be coming to all the games I can. It’s the team I support, the team I love, so I’ll be there whenever I can.”

That’s good man management by Stuart Pearce and it’s great he’s keeping Sammy involved with the young England side.

Injuries are part of the game of football of course, but this is still a bit of a setback for the lad and for Newcastle too.

And we have to hope that Sammy will be back sooner rather than later,  and get some more sub appearances and perhaps some goals before the end of the season.

Best of luck to both these young players at the club.

• Dannyo

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Guthrie fit for QPR, Loven is not.

• GAZ09

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM

any news on Colo and simmos contracts? and aslo any news on Clyne, Rhodes and Erding?

• jayphoto

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I’d play Guthrie over Abied against QPR! We don’t need a defensive midfielder in that game, theyre literally gonna park the bus!

• jayphoto

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Anyone seen Vuckic play for the reserves lately? Plays like an adult playing on a park with 12 year olds! If he can transfer that confidence to the first team he’s gonna be some player! Seemed nervous against liverpool but was dangerous against WBA! Hope he gets game time on sunday!

• LewSpi

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Ed ‘Rapid’ Harrison

• GAZ09

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Looks like chances of signing Gignac are gone, injured and out for a few months

• LewSpi

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Just been speaking to my brother, who’s a ManUre fan, about young Ravel, he can’t believe he’s leaving them.

He says if he moves out of Manchester and gets a new start and he is given the opportunity, he can be the best player in the premiership by the time he’s 25. Big statement, but an exciting thought.

• fgb224lbs

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM

@6 wouldnt want him. Lazy and out of shape and not the sort of player we need in terms o what he brings to the table

• boater

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM

jayphoto – You mean metaphorically going to ‘park the bus’, not literally. You can’t use a metaphor preceded by ‘literal’, it’s paradoxical.

• LewSpi

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM

@Boater, I’m failry sure he was just describing what the first thing they will do when they arrive. 😉

• boater

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM

This is without any shadow of a doubt our best team for Sunday:

krul/
    simpson/colo/wilo/santon
    arfa/guthrie/cabaye/jonas
    vuckic/
    shola

• boater

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Lewspi – shout. Maybe they will literally defend their parking spot with their lives while their at it.

• Sgt. Heagerty

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM

What’s the latest news lads?

• boater

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM

while *they’re* at it.. it’s catching whatever it is.

• martoon

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Boater – a lot of people on here can’t even spell let alone understand the meaning of words like metaphor or paradoxical 😉

• Sgt. Heagerty

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:50 PM

English, y’all kill me with me with your Proper grammar. Lol, some of you lads would have a stroke if you came to the dirty south where I’m from and heard my folks speak. Lol,

• jayphoto

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM

soz lads, my degrees are in economics and photography and my MA is in Fashion Photography… I should have said figuratively park the bus…..

• boater

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM

latest is – our skinflint owner continues to fatten his calves for market whilst chancing upon an unlikely sporting business model involving zero net investment in principle assets, misappropriation of funds, willful disregard of custom base, and yet miraculously appears to be achieving improved competitiveness in the short term.

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Boater, wholeheartedly agree with that team.

Now, it certainly sounds to me like Cissokho could be on the move – http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7427097/Aulas-tempted-by-Cissokho-sale – what would MAs verdict be, if we were offered him for 8m? Him (Cissokho not Chunk) and Santon marauding down the wings would be a tremendous sight!

• Beattie25

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM

@ jayphoto @boater

Whilst I agree that the wrong turn of phrase was used it isn’t a paradox as there are such things as literal metaphors

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Thinking about it, I’d pay good money to watch MA have a 90mins at fullback…..

• cyprus

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Boater @11,
    I’d cast at least a shadow of doubt on your team selection mate. Guthrie back from injury instead of others ( won’t repeat who here) who are ready? Shola (who never scores, let’s face it) over Best? Hmm

• boater

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:02 PM

jayphoto – very impressive. May I return to my quarters my liege.

• cyprus

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:02 PM

And although Vuckic was great against WB, he was terrible at Liverpool, which maybe was too big an ask..

• Toon Tang

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Michael Richardson looks like that crazy ginger kid who used to fly around the yard with the duffel coat as a cape haha

• Beattie25

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM

With regards to Cissokho, and as I have said before, and deal that Arsenal will be interested in will be laon only as the already have 2 first team LB’s and they will not shell out £8 million to have another.

If Newcastle are interested I believe we stand the best chance in getting him all we have to do is wait for Del Boy to try and sign him for £4 million and see how we move on from that.

It would be amazing to see Santon & Cissokho

• GAZ09

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:11 PM

when is Pardew gonna spend this mythical 8m?

• boater

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Beattie25 – For e.g. Maybe I am starting to make people crazy.

Cyprus – Fair enough, neither score, but in Shola at least you get more presence up front than Best – brings others in to the game, and I’d venture more of a team player. Guthrie has been training with the 1st team, and is the senior starter after Tiote. I reckon Pardew will go with him, but probably Best and Shola up front.

• Beattie25

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Gaz09

He will spend it when 32 red comes in on the roulette wheel

• martoon

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Jayphoto #17 – if you have a Mike Ashley in Fashion Photography does that mean you got to take photos of him in various outfits:-) (Don’t hold that thought for too long)

• GAZ09

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

might have to sell a few more players then so he can have a few more spins in trying to win

• boater

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Cyprus – Vuckic wasn’t great against Liverpool but we can’t hold that against him solely – tactically Pardew got it wrong by his own admission. Ba and Vuckic both benefit from a target man ahead of them. We need to see what Vuckic has in a game where we can expect to dominate possession.

• AshtreeKid

Cabaye
    Jonas
    Best
    Shola

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Actually, let’s divert our attention away from Cissokho. The new Djimi Traore anyone? 😉 http://youtu.be/qZta09mvtqs

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Vuckic was one of few players, who had the courage to try and make something happen against Liverpool and never quit chasing the ball down. One of the better performers, in my opinion.

• jayphoto

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

aye, iv done a lot of glamour photography to pay the bills in the last 3 years, but I’v never photographed a pair of boobs as big as his….not sure where i’d start!

• hrocks

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

link for ivory coast game. i think tiotes playing

• hrocks

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM

yeah i think hes number 9 and has hust been sent off for raising his hands

• cyprus

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM

@35, no, Vuckic had a real stinker at Liverpool but I agree with Boater, we can’t hold that against him. I do think that Best is a team player too, look how he set up Jonas for that extremely good goal which was overshadowed by that ‘Messi’ goal on that day.

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Tiote – straight red. Does this mean he’s useless to them during the group stages and we can have him back? 😛