Papiss Cisse First Interview – It’s Great To Join Demba Ba

Newcastle’s new number 9 is Papiss Cisse joined Newcastle on Tuesday in a whirlwind deal from Bundesliga club SC Freiburg for an undisclosed fee, but it is thought to be £10M.

Papiss Cisse – at St. James’ Park on Tuesday

Great Newcastle strikers of the past who have worn the number 9 shirt include Hughie Gallagher, Jackie Milburn, Malcolm MacDonald, Andy Cole  and Alan Shearer – heroes every one of them.

And Alan Pardew has said that he doesn’t think that Cisse understands just how important the shirt is,   or just how much pressure he will be under when he comes to Newcastle in mid-February following the African Cup of Nations.

There were bits of his interview in the previous article but here is the full interview the Senegal international gave before he jetted back to Africa to rejoin the Senegal squad.

“It is an honor to play for such a big club and I am looking forward to it,”   “First of all, I would like to give good value for money for the people who brought me here.

“I want to pay back the confidence the Club have shown in me, and give the supporters something to be proud of.”

“I am a goalscorer, and that is the thing which gives me the most pleasure. But it is also important that I help my teammates and bring something to the team.

“Primarily though, my major strength is my goalscoring.”  “I am aware of the importance of the number nine shirt, and when I spoke with the manager he made it very clear how important this shirt is.”

“I will treat it with the respect and I hope to do my very best in this shirt.”  “I spoke with the coach of Senegal and was pleased that he allowed me to come here and join the Club,”

“Obviously it is great for me that I will be with my colleague Demba, who plays with me for Senegal, so I am hopeful that we can form a great partnership.”

Alan Pardew was interviewed on nufcTV and I was going to put the video out,  but you need to have a subscription to see it.

I wish on these very important occasions the club would just put the interviews  out so all  Newcastle fans could  hear what Alan had to say.

Alan said  it should show the fans that Newcastle mean business,  and that as soon as Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool this man was top of the list, but Newcastle simply couldn’t afford him last summer.

And Alan the politician turned it all around and said that players like Leon Best, Shola Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands and Ben Arfa now had to step up to the plate to show what they can do for Newcastle before these lads come back from Africa.

And that should start with Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon.

I couldn’t have said it any better.

What a motivator Alan Pardew seems to be,  and we think his performance as Newcastle manager over the last year has convinced Mike Ashley that Alan knows just exactly what he’s doing.

And the owner had backed his judgement big time today.

Howay The Lads!!

• soundoid

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Shola

• ToonDownSouth

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Long Live Shola. Hopefully he’ll teach Papiss everything he knows (;

• MacToon

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Shola indeed

• Ryan2502

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

@ToonDownSouth
    That shouldn’t take too long!
    Absolutely over the moon with this signing! Where the hell did this come from! Actually I don’t care, just glad we’ve got our new No. 9! Long live the Demba’s!

HWTL!

• nickfish90

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Hi guys, some quick stats.

Over the last 6 seasons the AVERAGE points needed for 6th place is 61 points.

That would mean in our remaining 17 games we would need 25 points:

7W 4D 6L = 25 points.

PPG = 1.47

We can certainly dream about Europe points, not as far away as we might think.

• Benry

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

• Geordie_boys_taking_the_papiss

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Double Ds are gonna terrorise the PL!

• Miserable Now

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I’ve just wet myself a little bit.

Any of you boffins out there able to track down Cisse and Ba’s goal scoring exploits for Senegal?

• soundoid

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Shola is the new first, you heard it here … well … Shola.

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Simply ecstatic. Let’s take the league by storm! 😀

• PUMMELLER

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM

All the Shola bashing has left me going to bed annoyed when we should all be happy that we have signed a fantastic striker.

Be under no illusions..this boy can play and will form a great partnership with Demba no1..

If you watched the QPR game and you know and understand football you would be able to see Shola did his job and helped us retain the ball well. We could have played better and will do with the two Dembas..but all this bashing is so childish

Anyways..rant over and to all the real NUFC fans . . . the march forward continues and is picking up speed.
    Cissoko is needed and a young quality CB and top 6 will be sorted…

• GeordieToon89

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

We could turn out to have one of the leagues most feared strikeforce.. Demba–Ba–Benny

• Miserable Now

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Just come back from the boozer and one of the lads with us was a Mackem-
    he was absolutely gutted about this signing happening as a lot of 5under1and fans really thought he was going to sign for them.
    We didn’t wind him up at all!

• mikeashleyisamackem

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

adam johnson should be our next target ,we could probs get him in the summer

• wynsleap

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM

For Premiership defences it’s going to be like facing the the ghosts in The Muppet Christmas Carol –
    “it’s Demba and Demba – whoowhoooooooo”

• PUMMELLER

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

@12
    Same here..mate at work going on all day about how they are getting him and how they are gonna chat us up..blah blah blah..
    hahahahahaha.. mackem mug

• MacToon

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

4-3-3 sounds like the way to go, can Pardew carry it off?

• ~Krul World~

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

YES!. WOOOHOO

The best thing is, him and Ba should know how to play together, since they both play with senegal.

Can’t wait for the ACON to finish! So excited to see our Double D strike force!

• PUMMELLER

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

@13 even

who looks the mug now..lol

• Beattie25

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I think Ed has hit the nail on the head there.

Maybe Mike didn’t want to splash the cash until he was confident he had the right man for the job.

He didn’t like Fat Sam, didn’t trust Keegan, Joke Kinnear was a stop gap, Chris Hughton was under qualified and Pardew has had to prove he is the right man for the job.

Will it now be a case of ‘Mike this player is great, lets get him!’ and Ashley thinks Pardew knows what he is talking about.

On a much leeser scale if I had a tenner to spend I would only give it to someone I trusted could get me a return before handing it out.

Come on Mike spend another 10 and you’ll get it all back in Europe!!!!

HTFL

• Brutooon

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Shola Ameobi is a good Example for young and new players coming

because

Manager and Coach want to avoid players to be a Shola Ameobi (Lazy, Slow and Inconsistent)

• LenDixon

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Toondownsouth – I certainly hope Pardew doesnt let Shola teach Cisse everything he knows, Cisse might become cr@p lol!

• mikeashleyisamackem

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM

i hope ashley splashes some more money cissoko and samba and we will be a shoe in for champions league

• Cisse09

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Also – Andy cole .. les Ferdinand .. Ruel fox .. Faustino asprilla all top strikers for Newcastle … But I’m sure Ba + Cisse will b the bling! Lool!

• GeordieToon89

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Right im going to bed and we shall see what tomorrow brings for our amazing club and ambitious manager! A CB and Hoillet please thats all i want =] champ league here we come haha

Night lads

• LenDixon

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

We should sell Smith, Loverkrands, Shola and bring in Onuoha who would be good cover for rb and cb.

• PUMMELLER

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Brutoon…must be a mackem?

what you think guys?

1) would explain the bitterness wouldnt it?
    2) would explain him not understanding football?
    3) and most importantly…
    would explain him being a tw@t…

• GeordieToon89

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM

One last thing quick stat:

Ba – 37 goals in 97 games for Hoffenheim(good team)
    Cisse – 37 in 65 games for Freiberg(poor team)
    Both German teams so going on those records Cisse could really take the premier league by storm and score even more than we would expect :\ 20 this season and 35 next haha =]

• LenDixon

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM

We got some real African wilderbeasts on our team now =)

• soundoid

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM

LenDixon

Sell SHOLA are you on crack.

• mikeashleyisamackem

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM

this hopely will signal collo and guthrie and simpson to sign new deals also i think there will be a couple more yet to come in a cb at least but i also think we are going for that cisokko kid if the moneys right ,the good thing is we are offering cool cash ,but if we only get a cb i will still be delighted ,in the summer if we identify another 2 top quality players at good value we have to be considered contenders if we can keep our current squad

• Beattie25

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:20 AM

f**k it, lets get Moussa Sow n’all

• Brutooon

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Would you prefer:

1) playing Ameobi week in week out and we will struggle around 10-14 position in the league

OR

2) playing both Demba and we will at least get 6 position and above (maybe get a decent run in the cup)

• Brutooon

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

lets MOVE FORWARD

1) forget the past (Shola Ameobi missed chances etc)

and look forward to

2) Demba Ba and Demba Cisse hundreds of GOALS !!!!!!

• nimo

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM

ashleys 5 yr plan lookin good at the minute… b happy if no1 else comes through door we tie up collo and simmo and no1 leaves.. maybe tap up a few for summer when smudge .. lovers.. and rest of the wagebill goes

• soundoid

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM

How much for your Granny LenDixon.

One Feeking signing and we want to sell the old silver.

Put it in a cupboard and bring it out in special occasions. Like Sunderland, I’m sorry to bring your Granny into this but SHOLA is here for keeps. Like someone said he’s our little luxury.

• Miserable Now

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM

His middle name is Rodney you know-

that’s class!

• PUMMELLER

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Brutoon..

You have been going on and on about Ameobi for hours…
    He is playing cos there is no other option at the moment…and of course we all want the Dembas playing as i said in my last post, we will play so much better with the two of them in the team..but Shola is doing his job well in their absence

Can you please talk about something positive..??

• soundoid

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM

And we would only get a bag of chips for him:)

• mikeashleyisamackem

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

the best srike force the prem will ever see
    DEMBA BA