Davide Santon Now Looking The Part At Newcastle

It’s always difficult for a youngster to leave his home country and settle in England.

Davide Santon – has settled down well on Tyneside

But that’s exactly what Davide Santon had to do last August, when Newcastle signed the Italian International for around £5M from top Italian club Inter-Milan.

And when he came over,  his parents came with him to ensure the lad settled down well in Newcastle, but Davide’s parents didn’t stay as long as they thought they’d need to, since Davide settled very quickly on Tyneside adn was helped big time by the club and his fellow players.

The 21-year-old 7 times capped Italian international  has started Newcastle’s last three games, and he looks like a top player for Newcastle in the future.

Alan Pardew has talked about Santon  today:

“Davide was only kept out of the team because Ryan Taylor was absolutely brilliant, and probably the outstanding player in the first half of the season in terms of what was expected of him.”

“He’s had to be patient, but that patience has helped him settle.”  “His English is better, and I think he’ll grow with every game now.”

We’ve been very impressed with Davide when he’s played in the Newcastle shirt, and it’s obvious he’s already an accomplished player with great technical ability.

While he’s right footed and started his career as a right winger before being converted to a left-back by the great Jose Mourinho , he seems very comfortable at left back.

But we have a suspicion that Newcastle will sign a left footed left back maybe this summer,  and that Davide Santon will be moved over to right back at some time in the future.

Of course,  Danny Simpson will have something to say about that,  if indeed he sign his new contract and stays at Newcastle.

We think Davide already looks like a good signing at just over £5M for the magpies, and there’s a lot more to come from the young Italian.

Davide has so far played 9 times for Newcastle and he played 53 times at Inter-Milan, and 11 times for Cesena while out on loan there early last year.

The 6’2″ Santon  is currently captain of the Italian U21 side, and has played for them 15 times.

He has yet to score a goal in his football career.

Maybe this afternoon at Craven Cottage?

• Rosted Pork

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM

on my home fron kfc . bought zing kong box .will eat wen da match starts 😉 cnt wait for da match

• nufc786

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM

http://mypremium.tv/ link to chelsea norwich game

• nufc786

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM

sky sports 2

• pardew no 1

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:07 PM

he is such good player and another great find mr carr keep it up and a win would be nice today

• WWJBD

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Is Terry most hated man in PL?

• Wor Shearer

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM

@wwjbd

I hope so

• Pendza

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM

http://www.realtvsport.com/index.php boooooooom channel 2, its okay lads, send me your thanks in the post

• WWJBD

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Wor Shearer
    Me too haha oh and a side question Holt one of the most likeable people in the league?

• ToonMauritius

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

• jackk

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Reporting on SSN?

He told The Sun: “Right now I’m fully behind Harry. I hope he gets it because he’d understand that role.

“He’s experienced enough and has the motivational devices to succeed.

“Hopefully I’ll get myself into a position where I’m experienced enough to be able to do that. I want to be at the top of my profession.

“I’d like to expand myself and manage overseas but, ultimately, would I like to be England manager at some stage if I was lucky enough to be asked? Yes.”

• Brutooon

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Santon adapt to the Premier League faster than Jose Enrique

• Sgt. Heagerty

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Big match today lads, the top 4 or 5 are all playing each other, we could really make some ground with 3 points….. 2-0 toon Besty and hba

• Pendza

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I find first row a pain in the ass, can sometimes watch a decent quality picture on http://www.realtvsport.com/index.php at least weve got a couple of choices if one goes down.

toon 3-1 win today, gutted not able to make it, a

anyone know when brighton goes on general sale?

• Wor Shearer

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I think both Norwich strikers form a great pair, and both work as hard as our own Jonas.

• WWJBD

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Aye Norwich strikers are real grafters, I also like that Pilkinton

• Rosted Pork

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM

not a easy match. il b happy with a draw .

• LewSpi

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I always use vipbox.tv more often than not a decent stream on there.

• Sgt. Heagerty

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Santon will be better then enrique I’n 2 years max, he is already doin better then Enrique did his first year I’n premier league, the kid is so comfortable on the ball for a fullback and especially at his age, he has linked up very well with spiderman. His defense needs to improve but he has given a very good account of himself I’n thAt regard too. Spiderman, since I’m thinking about it, has played his socks off this season. He has tracked back phenomenally and helped rayls when teams were trying to exploit him and also with the youngster. Jonas is who I have on my kit. Anyways, bright future for this youngster and def head and shoulders better then Enrique was his firSt season and I dare say within a season or too he will be a better player then mr ambition who is sitting behind the mighty magpies!!!! Hwtl

• Rosted Pork

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

wow foster made a class save for celtic

• Toonboy_83

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Can someone please tell me when Demba Ba, Cisse and Tiote are all scheduled to be back at the latest?

• Toon Tang

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

its mad how standard-looking man city are with just a couple of there ‘big names’ not there.

never again will i give our boys grief when we have such problems haha makes ya think eh. if these massive spending teams are struggling at times then weve got nowt to worry about.

1-0 win today. Best again. i saw his face, now im a believer.

• Premiership Manager

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I think Santon has too much technical ability to be a full back and although he can fill that position comfortably I think we’d get more benefit from him playing either on the wing or as a defensive midfield player.

His passing, distribution and ball retaining qualities are too good to be wasted in defence.

Both Obertan and Jonas are very poor crosses of the ball. Marvaux when he is is fit and Santon both cross the ball well as does Ryan Taylor.

With Ba and Cisse we will need to play with width and they will thrive on good crosses however if we have Obertan and Jonas cutting in to thread the ball through we’ll be far less efective going forward.

• Alinufc

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM

speaking of foster and loanees does anyone know how our very own “gangsta” ranger is doing at barnsley. Just looked at him online and it says he still hasnt scored a goal…? know hes an idiot but surely would have expected him to have scored 1 or 2… has anyone seen any of his matches is he only playing last ten minutes or something?

• WWJBD

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Luiz ahead of Cahill surely thats madness?

Alinufc
    He isnt there anymore he got crocked and headed home last I heard

• Toon Tang

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM

WWJBD

luiz is an absolute liability defense-wise. how he ever ended up there i dont know.

must be coz hes got good hair , he gets picked.

• Alinufc

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM

ah thanks but still 5 games played and not a single goal, in the championship as well!

• WWJBD

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Toon Tang
    I agree Neville was dead on with what he said about him. Price they paid for him as well…ouch

• Rosted Pork

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:59 PM

any news whos gona start? also i heard cabaye is fit an is in the team 🙂

• WWJBD

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:59 PM

No bother mate, yeah u’d think he would atleast get 1 goal but I dont know much about his loan I didnt care enough to follow it

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Ben Arfa, Guthrie, Cabaye, Gutierrez; Best, Shola Ameobi.

• Toonboy_83

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Good team: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Ben Arfa, Guthrie, Cabaye, Gutierrez; Best, Shola Ameobi

slightly disappointed for Ryan Taylor but for the greater good and all that.

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:01 PM

substitutes v #fulham: Elliot, Ferguson, Perch, R.Taylor, Gosling, Obertan, Lovenkrands

• GeordieToon89

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Alinufc – Ranger only started 2 of those games at Barnsley he had assists and also apparently played excellent and was very highly rated down there but he got a bad injury

• toonthompson

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Good team for today

• GeordieToon89

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Woooooo ben arfa starts

• LenDixon

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Toon Tang ur just a shit colloccini!

• check the toastie

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Pretty good team, looking forward to the game. Pleased Benny, Cabaye and Guthrie are playing, should be good to watch. Looking for a win, away the lads…….

• WWJBD

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Hope Cabaye is fit enough to start, I know he is starting but I hope he is fit enough to do so

• toonthompson

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:07 PM

obertan on the bench

• Alinufc

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:07 PM

ah thankyou gt89 i was expecting him to have got a few assists and the like, just shame he still hasnt got his scoring boots on yet. he was so promising but hes still only scored 2 in 49 for us :/