Win The Next Three Games Rather Than Just Apologize

There were a number of Newcastle fans angry at the capitulation against Fulham on Saturday afternoon.

Yohan Cabaye – in action on Saturday – has aplogized

That much is clear from the reaction of both myself and my son Neil after the game (and during the game) , which completely ruined the weekend.

I had lunch with my son yesterday afternoon and he couldn’t even watch the whole game during that destruction in the final 45 minutes,  of  what was a very good Newcastle side in that first half.

And I could hear my wife Madeline again talking about  “don’t take it all so seriously.”

Right!

She just doesn’t understand. 😀

We don’t mind the side being beaten,  but Newcastle were their own worst enemies in that second half,  and we were wondering when an apology would come.

And in fact young Danny Guthrie immediately after the game acted like he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and was completely  apologetic for the capitulation.

Danny was very upset after the game, and you could see it in his face and in his words.

And Danny Guthrie was the one who scored  that wonderful goal to put us 1-0 up just before half time – his second goal of the season – and Ben Arfa scored his third goal in 6 games just before the end – but they are getting very little credit for that after the game.

French International Yohan Cabaye has issued an apology to the Newcastle fans following the total capitulation at Craven Cottage:

“I apologise to them. I don’t know what to say, it’s difficult for us.” “It was a very bad afternoon for us. It was like there were two games in 90 minutes.”

“In the first half we played very well and in the second, we played very badly and were very poor with and without the ball.”

“I don’t know why, but maybe we thought the game was won at half-time.” “In the end we lost 5-2 and it was very, very bad.”

“We are still very disappointed with ourselves.” “We just have to forget Fulham now and look forward – as long as we learn from it.”

“We have the FA Cup next weekend at Brighton and this for us is a massive objective.” “We have to be ready for the game, we just need to learn from the defeat and keep working at it.”

“I don’t know quite what happened.” “The only thing I do know is that we didn’t play with the same spirit in the second half.”

“We have to learn from that second half. We have to work to improve, we can’t play like we did in the second half ever again.”

There’ss come a time – andit will be very soon believe me – when we have to move on from the Fulham debacle.

But we’d like the players to make up for the disaster on the field of play and in our next three games we play Brighton, Blackburn and Aston Villa, and lal those games are winnable – if we play like we did int he first half on Saturday.

We looked terrific and Fulham were completely dominated.

We’d like to see the lads win their next three games, and all will be forgiven and forgotten. 😀

Howay The Lads!!

• G

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Lets face it, pretty much every team gets a tonking once a season. As long as I never see us play as badly as that 20 minutes in the 2nd half, I will forgive pretty much anything.

• JackButler

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:03 PM

There is no excuse for our total collapse in the second half.
    I just hope we see the perfect reaction from the players AND the manager.
    We bounced back and put things right after the Liverpool embarrassment and we have to do the same after saturdays embarrassment

• Dannyo

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM

It’s one of “those” games. I doubt it’ll affect anyone in the squad tbh, it was a lapse of focus and concentration, u could see it on the squad.
    Also partly due to the high line, that should’ve been reacted to.
    But there u go, its a one off tbh, It’s not like we were shit, even when Fulham scored the three goals, it was a laps of concentration.

• -Tendo-

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM

This made me laugh….first few lines and Enrique’s tweets, the grass is definately not greener in mersyside

• nightfa11

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:28 PM

cabaye – future captain (in a few years time), great attitude..not to mention ability & football intelligence.

• arctoa

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:46 PM

He’s a good player but he’s looked a bit lightweight in the past two games. I’m not judging, though; I remember how shocking Coloccini was in his first season with us and now he’s captain.

I reckon that this mire of a result will do us good in the long run. Too many people both inside and outside of the club were getting cocky and talking about overtaking the teams ahead of us and getting into Europe when we should be concentrating on beating the teams below us, one game at a time. Get that right, and the league position will follow.

• aussietoonfan

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I spent the entire second half swearing at the T.V.
    I’m talking language that would make a sailor blush.
    Funnily enough, NONE of the tirade was directed to the lads, or coach, or owner but to that piece of shit in the middle who awarded Fullham the opportunity to win. Make no mistake……..that idiot cost Newcastle the game. I have never seen a team of players become 10 feet tall like Fulham did. And their fans cheering them on made me even madder. They were shit, they were playing shit, and WE WERE BOSSING THE GAME!!!!!!

Enter officials to %$#@ it all up!!!!!!!

Hang your heads high boys, you can’t help shitty decisions.

HOWAY THE LADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Irie-Magpie

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM

How often have we heard this, this season, we played well in the first half but badly in the second half or vice versa, we need to be focus and consistent for the full 90+, I know AP said they adapt their game plan based on the team and the conditions but we need to bring the same work ethics that we had against MAN U (3-0) into every single game.
    We have to want it more than the other team, If they dig deep, we need to dig deeper, if they are at home we need to make them think they are at ours.
    If we’re leading 1-0, our mentality should be we’re losing 2-0,
    We need to stifle them in there own half so that they make mistakes (MAN U) … Collo should’ve being rally our guys when we went 2-1 down..
    THIS IS NUFC we will not drop our heads and call it quits..
    HWTL

• stuart no9

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:21 PM

we all have our opinions about pardew. I think he is doing a great job at present. Can he take the team to the next level? i dont know. I very rarely have a nice comment to make about him, but it is at times like this when i realize why.I want him to be successful , it means the team are doing well, i want to like him, but i struggle when you get a performence like saturday-ok guthrie- cabaye have come out and apologized and fair play to them, thats it sorted now,however, still not a sorry from the man responsible for the shambles.I have never heard pards once apologize or take responsibility for his actions.The buck stops with him, he is the one accountable for failure. On saturday he blamed everyone of his players for “switching off” what about blaming himself for his tactics. he loves the praise that everyone of us give him for his work leading up and during the stoke and man u games. The least i expect after games like saturday is a short “sorry”. He projects himself as being very arrogant – nothing to say sorry for coz he feels HE has done nowt wrong.I hope in the future he changes, i really do.

• max

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM

i also dont know what happened