Are Newcastle About To Sign Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha?

Cardiff City beat Crystal Palace tonight in the Carling Cup semi-final when they won 3-1 on penalties.

Wilfried Zaha – top young youngster

That was after the score was 1-0 to Cardiff after 90 minutes and after extra time, and on display for Palace were at least players Newcastle have been interested in – 20 year-old right back Nathaniel Clyne and 19 year-old winger/striker Wilfried Zaha.

21 year-old striker/winger Sean Scannell has also been linked with Newcastle, and he came on as a sub after 75 minutes and looked impressive.

Cardiff City went ahead after just 7 minutes when Anthony Gardner scored an own goal, and Cardiff were well on top and hit the woodwork three times in the game.

And after 78 minutes Palace were reduced to 10 men when McCarthy was handed a second booking.

And we suppose Newcastle fans had been tweeting to Lee Ryder about Zaha during the game on TV.

And Lee Ryder, the chief correspondent for the Newcastle Evening Chronicle, tweeted this just about 20 minutes ago:

“All those asking about Zaha , have been reporting #nufc interest since October, watch this space”

That’s a very interesting tweet.

Is Lee letting the cat out of the bag?

Wilfried is a great little player with lots of skill, and if Newcastle can get this player through the door at St. James’ Park,  it will be another coup for Newcastle.

For the record,  Zaha has played 75 times with 6 goals and 7 assists for Crystal Palace, and he has also played twice for the England U21 side..

Here’s hoping.

• ToonIcon

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Cant see us in for zaha at 10 mill how can he possibly worth the same as Cisse?

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM

If we sign a decent centre back and don’t sell anybody in the next few days community service and a stern talking to should be good enough for Ashley

• ToonIcon

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:44 PM

also has Lee Ryder ever tweeted anything that turned out to be accurate ?

• Beattie25

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I think if Zaha put in a transfer requet we could get him for £5 million.

Especially now as Palace won’t have the pay day of a Leauge Cup Final!

Watch this space… i feel it in my waters.

Zaha & Clyne in – Tavernier to Palace on loan

• Beattie25

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM

JFA

Ha ha

• jayphoto

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Heard Ravel Morrison is on his way upto Newcastle for a medical in the morning! Not sure how true it is but I remember marveaux had his medical at 2am!

• ToonIcon

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Clyne & Morrison would certainly beef up the squad
    i still think we will get Mbiwa

• ToonIcon

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Jay post 6 you hear this from a realiable source ?

• Beattie25

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Clyne, Morrison, Zaha, Mbiwa and Cisse

What an effin transfer window

• ADAM-NUFC

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Maybe it would be worth signing him (if we are) then let him stay at Crystal Palace on loan for the rest of the season? Not sure if you can do that or not and maybe get Ferguson to go onloan to Palace as part of the deal? Ad be happy with that like

• free giveaways

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Man Utd and Liverpool want Zaha too so I can’t see it really, and Palace are asking for too much. Think Ravel Morisson is probably on par with him in terms of ability but has a terrible attitude.

• Brutooon

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM

correct me if i am wrong but this guy score ONLY 3 goals in 66 championship appearances???

• jayphoto

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Not a particularly reliable source no! I was told Morrison story is gonna take a big turn in the morning and he thought Newcastle are the club taking him on!

• pengy

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM

keep zaha would rather have shakiri for 12 million much better player. don’t rate zaha at all if I’m honest.

• Tramp

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM

This won’t happen, we spent 9 mill on Cisse, we wont be splashing the cash for ayone else bar a defender. No Ravel Morrison, No Zaha, no Mbiwa…

We should concentrate on what defender we’ll bring in, let’s guess away because one thing we can all be certain of is… None of us will guess who correctly! 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM

jayphoto,
    You havent heard this on one of those twitter threads or whatever they call them,because by the sounds of things I could set up a name that sounds like a name and start a rumour(if I knew how like).

• Tsunki

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Just going back to the Lyon soccernomics hoojiemajig, which states that English players are over-valued, I would say that we will be offering silly cash for young English talent in the hope that one might get ‘over the line’, meanwhile the real targets are covert foreign ones along the line of absolute bargains like Santon and yes Cisse.

• ITUNDERASHELL

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM

We are the only club buying players at the moment, so its possible we might get Zaha in and if we were to get Clyne as well that would be a fantastic development. A serious sign of ambition from Ashley.

• jayphoto

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Nah, heard it from a sports photographer named jimmy who works for Manchester City 🙂 he told me about obertan before it had broadcast but then he’s been wrong a fair few times!

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Tskunki’
    Do you think its better to get one over the line or two in the building ?

• spitfire_

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:06 AM

The english players are overpriced… so no. I prefer rely to Carr to find another gem.

• Tsunki

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Really think Morrison is coming here? You actually think an 18-yo asbo boomerang that demands £30k/wk for starters and is prepared to leave Man U of all clubs to get it is Mike’s kinda kid? Pffft!!! (You watch he will now I have said that).

• Tsunki

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Jail – I prefer one in the hand. BTW do you know me cos you keep calling me tSKUNKi? I swear I really do use right guard.

• jayphoto

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Mike signed barton, ranger, hba etc think the club like unruley players as they can knock a few pence of the transfer fee!

• Beattie25

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:13 AM

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Sorry about that Pal,I never realised have I always spelt it way or is it just tonight,I probably smoked too much of it back in the day,just when you mentioned about Pards getting ‘one over the line’,his other favourite is getting them ‘in the building’ just wondering which was better.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Clyne yes zaha no not for £10mil £4-5 maybe but even them the lad would need to ho back out on loan y not just wait til summer? Cmon AP lets just get a cb in son!!!

• GeordieToon89

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM

a dont even want Zaha a think he’s over rated and he wont cut it in the prem goes down far too easy and hes very weak

• Beattie25

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM

From Ravel Morrison’s twitter:

RavelMorrison49Ravel Ryan Morrison

LOng Drive WinDow Down Fresh Airr

53 minutes ago

Where is he driving to at this time of night that is a long way away?

• Tsunki

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Jail no just tonight and it’s ok it’s not my real name anyway. Really. Yep I know what you meant about the building thing just my crap witticism/prediction on his next phrase for landing a player for example ‘I won’t be happy until I’ve got Shittu in my hand’……ok I know my bus is here anyway

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Beattie
    A crack house that hasn’t got one of Fergies spies sat outside.

• Tsunki

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Beattie – if he added ‘bars at the windows’ I would have guessed Franklands prison. Fresh air means he’s not going down weary way tho.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Tsunki
    I liked the one about “thats how the Christmas fixture list crumbles” before sort of realising how it sounded after a 3-1 humping and facing the champions next game.

• Beattie25

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Even dropping the soap in the shower is too good for Morrison

• ITUNDERASHELL

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Ravel Morrison, he is worth the risk in my view. Just keep him away from Ranger and house him up with a mature level headed player.

• Beattie25

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Set your alarms, get up early and get ready for an action packed day of transfers on tyneside. I can feel it in my waters.

• Beattie25

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Hang on, rain check. Pardew is in Tenerife and will be flying back tomorrow! I doubt that Del Boy and Big Mike will do any transfers without Pardew knowing.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Beattie
    Nothing happens at this club without the Pardfather knowing about it.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:44 AM

beattie ur gettin every1 excited about nothing u headcase

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:46 AM

morrison should go down and see if he can find barnetta in the jesmond gene them foreigners wear lovely watches i hear!