FA Cup Very Important To Newcastle – We Want To Win It

Haris Vuckic has been interviewed by the Newcastle web-site while he was in Tenerife, with the rest of the Newcastle squad.

Haris Vuckic – FA Cup is important for Newcastle

The lads returned last night to continue their preparation for the FA Cup 4th round game at Brighton on Saturday – a game Newcastle will be hoping to win to get into the pot for the 5th round draw.

Haris talked about the FA Cup:

“Before I came over to England I knew a little bit about the FA Cup but I now know how important it is to people in England,” “If you win it you get a place in the Europa League, so it is important for us.”

“We want to win this cup because we want to be playing in Europe next season.”  “We have been training hard and will be fully prepared for this game. I know we had a bad result against Fulham, but sometimes you have a bad day and have to just kick on.”

And the 19 year-old seems to have been really impressed with the Tenerife facilities, which Alan Pardew visited personally last summer to check it out.

And expect these January mini-breaks for as long as Alan Pardew is manager at the club.  Their purpose is to allow the players (and the coaches) to recharge their batteries about half was through the season, and be fully prepared for the run-in to the season.

Haris continued:

“Where we are this week is fantastic for training. The hotel is great, the weather is especially good – very warm – we have good facilities, have trained well and the atmosphere is great. Everything is perfect.”

“We are all looking forward to the Brighton game. We know we are not just on a holiday, so we need to train well and train hard. We have to be prepared for Brighton.”  “I just want to stay fit, train hard and train good every day,”

“I want to show the gaffer that I can play for this team. Hopefully I continue to get chances and when they come along then I will perform at my maximum.” “In this season I have had a few games from the start and that is a good feeling.”

“I know I am still young, so I need to wait for my opportunity, but my time will come.”  “It is always good to train with players like Yohan Cabaye and Danny Guthrie.”

“They are experienced, they are older than me, and us youngsters can always learn from good players.”  “And they are not only good players but good people too, so that helps you.”

“When I made my debut everyone was there for me to help me, and that kind of support is great to have from your teammates.”

Vuckic has had to be patient at Newcastle,  and he signed almost exactly three years  ago from Slovenian club NK Domžale, and he has made 12 appearances so far for the Newcastle side, with five of them coming this season.

Haris so far has 4 caps for the Slovenian U21 side.

The Ljubljana-born youngster is still considered a star of the future for Newcastle, and Alan Pardew has decided not to send the lad out on loan.

That tells us he must be fairly close to a first team place, and it’s good that the 6’3″ Slovenian U21 International central midfielder seems content to wait for his chance.

Since time is very much on his side, that really is a good thing to hear.

• hainesy

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM

These youngsters are gonna be key in our Europe push.

• GeordieToon89

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM

hainesy – A think its pretty astonishing the amount of talent we have bursting through our youth system its not really known for us to have the talent its been mainly boro and sland at times in the north east but this decade is our turn weve got so many coming through and not only that they nearly all play in different positions aswell haha

• Rosted Pork

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM

guess v gona,sign sum1 2moro

• hainesy

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Zaha/Elia/Hoilett/Moses/Redmond/Dyer – I’d love one of these guys to come in like.

Douglas/M’B(what’s he called)/ Mariappa/ Dunk / Maguire – desperate for one of these this window.

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM

No chance.

• bambams

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I think this bloke is going to be some player, I have watched him in the first team and at a few reserve matches- he can play !
    If he gets a run of games, well just watch. He is a confidence player, once he settles and does not feel under the pressure the first team brings he will show the skills he has.
    I would genuinely put him up there with a player i watched when i was a lot younger- Gazza.
    When Gazza first broke through he had talent, then the confidence took over and the rest is history. This lad i feel is as good as an early Gazza- IMO

• hainesy

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Some of them are looking like outrageous players. Vuckic is my bet to be the next big player we have on our hands. Saying that I think he’ll be the biggest and NOT the only big one we’ll have.

• GeordieToon89

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Hainesy – A like Scott Sinclair..

Onuoha signs for QPR on four and a half year deal!

• fgb224lbs

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Haris seems to be at sub level. Too good for reserves but stuck behind cabaye guthrie gosling and benny in the run of things. Such a prospect though

• Toon_Tom

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

hainesy – i totally agree mate – Vukic is quality.

Abeid is also one for the future, he has played brilliantly too when he has had his chance.

• hainesy

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM

GeordieToon89 – ooooh aye. Sinclair, Williams, Dyer, Vorm. Swansea have got some really different and exciting players.

• hainesy

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Half of the reason we’re in this position is due to players stepping up when called upon. I love that I got tickets for villa on the 5th! We could be seeing the Demba – Demba partnership!

• hainesy

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Sorry for taking up all the comments but…
    Any Villa players we fancy? They’ve got a rather old team when you look at it. Big talking point Agbonalahor? Opinions?

• GeordieToon89

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM

hainesy – A dont rate Agbonlahor, he doesnt score enough goals for the chances he gets hes done okay this season but he’s not for me.. Only Villa player when at his best who could push for a start is Zogbia

• GeordieToon89

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Oh and Marc Albrighton

• hainesy

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Mark albrighton? That lad can be magic on form. He’s lost it a bit since young left mind

• bambams

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Collins looks a decent CB but he seems to have been playing 30 yrs !

Given would probably walk back but we dont need GK as long as we keep what we have.

• hainesy

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Darren Bent cost £24M and wouldnt get in our team ahead of a free agent. Wow 😀

• bob

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM

All my years of watching Newcastle, i don’t think that Haris Vuckic has got what it takes and comparing him with Gazza is the mutterings of a few keyboard Anoraks who could benefit from a hard days work instead of typing daft rumours that get on here, in my day they used to be called trainspotters – the internet has got a lot to answer for.

• GeordieToon89

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM

hainesy – Andy Carroll cost £35million and wouldnt get into our team neither.. haha

• bambams

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Just watching re runs of The Fall Guy (Lee Majors ITV4), my god that Jodie (Heather Locklear) is fit…..

Like to see her at CB !

Sorry boys just thought i would share this with you..(for those of us old enough to remember hat i am on about)

• bambams

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

hat….what i am on about, sorry

• RonVanDam

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I’ll be happy if we sign Jan Vertonghen, Douglas or Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa to cover our DEFENCE

Luuk De Jong as our striking option if one of the Demba’s goes down with injury

And 2 Good Left and Right Wingers and we’ll be sweet

Get rid of Perch, Strolla, Gosling (yes he’s shit) Smith and Loverkrands. These guys will never be big time players. Waste of time and money

• toonruz

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM

RonVanDam
    gosling is a very good player he had a very bad injury give the lad time he got a very bright future

• ToonDownSouth

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Lol, I’m sure De Jong would be happy to warm our bench…

• Tiote

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Vickic= gazza. Heard it al nw

• bambams

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM

@Tiote
    Just my opinion mate, just said he reminded me of a young Gazza.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM

fgb224lbs honestly think vukic has jumped in front of gosling now

• Tiote

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Sorry bud at work had a quick flick through. Agree he reminds u of a great talent. Thought u wer sayin he’s as good as gazza was. My bad

• RobertNufc25

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Gosling is a good player he’s just never had a run of games for us yet.

Look at Guthrie loads of people used to say he was shit,then he has a good run of games and looks the part.

It’s a bit unfair to say somebody is shit when they haven’t really had a chance yet.In my humble opinion.. lol

• fgb224lbs

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Tds but gosling gets played ahead of vuckic is what i meant. Vuckic excites me more.
    Gosling needs to get his confidence back and i have no doubt he’ll come good too. He seems to be in the place guthrie was when he first came in/ during his injuries

• toonruz

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM

that a problem on here to many people slag our players off on here , some people need to realise that players read these blogs , and if they see bad things being said about them it can nock there confidence even more ,

• bambams

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM

@Tiote…..
    Enjoy your day at work mate, I am days off and as you can see not very busy…

SSN……….further bid rejected for Mariappa, did not say how much (1205hrs)

• toonfan_Ew Ew

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I’m genuinely excited to see the likes of Mehdi Abeid, Haris Vuckic and I hope Shane Ferguson in the First team squad in the near future!!! I don’t get why Gosling never gets a game though??? That’s always confused me as I thought we signed him for the first team. I didn’t get why Guthrie started over Gosling at first, but credit to him he’s done a really good job in place of Tiote.

• Whos_SuperMac

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Going to be tough for Pards to keep, Gosling, Abeid, Vukic etc happy, we definitely need Europa league football next season to keep fringe players happy. If we don’t get into Europa then these boys will want to go out on loan, n won’t sign new contracts when there due.

• toonfan_Ew Ew

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM

*I know Gosling was injured all last season…but still?

• bambams

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Does anyone know anything about this Mariappa?

Cant say i have heard/watched anything relating to him

Anyone?

• Beattie25

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I think personally Vuckic will be a star but to keep him on the bench will only hamper his progress. I am sure nearly all the teams in the Championship would want him and any team coming up next year would have him in their first team.

I think drawing a parallel to Gazza is correct, not in playing style or skill but in progress. He just needs that exhuberence and confidence to add to his undoubted skill and talent.

Bob, let’s have a little bet. I reckon Haris will be a starter in the net 2-3 years and beuality, you don’t think he will make it. The loser has to get a Shola Ameobi tatoo.

• RobertNufc25

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Gosling should go out on loan to the championship & get a run of games under his belt & then come back.

Rolling back the years here championship manager days.lol

Tactical genius… 😉