Lovenkrands Wants A Chance – And Wants To Stay On Tyneside

Peter Lovenkrands was signed as a  free agent by Joe Kinnear in January of 2009, the season we were relegated.

Peter Lovenkrands  29 goals in 81 Newcastle appearances

And Peter has been a good player for Newcastle, especially during the promotion season, when he hit 16 goals in 32 appearances for the side.

And in total Peter has 29 goals for Newcastle in his 81 appearances, including three goals in 8 appearances so far this season, all in the Carling Cup.

So with that good record,  why has he not been given a chance lately, especially with Shola Ameobi and Leon Best not looking too sharp at the moment?

Peter has talked to the Sunday Sun today:

I am desperate for a chance.  Last week at Fulham we played with Shola up top and Hatem on the right and Bestie on the left.

I was the only striker on the bench. I was sat there thinking OK, if you need me I am surely the next one coming on.

I am just hoping I get a few minutes soon because I know when I come on I can score goals.  It is frustrating. You want to play and knowing your contract is up at the end of the season you want to show yourself.

You want to prove what you can do.  In the past I have proved that I can score goals and I have got a pretty good record really.

I want to add to my three goals and I am just one away from 100 career goals.  I am dying to get to that. I cannot leave it at 99!

This year I have got three goals in the five games I have started,   I know what I can do, the boys know what I can do. The gaffer knows what I can do as well and when I have come in I have done my best.

The manager is not the kind who does not talk to you if you are not in the team. He has had a few little chats with me and that keeps my confidence up.

That is part of the reason why we have got such a good team spirit here. He keeps us all in the loop, no one is outside the squad and that’s why I feel like I can get my chance.

We were surprised that Peter wasn’t given a chance to play in the game yesterday, and he was a substitute on the bench.

His contract runs out in the summer and we had thought he wanted to move on, so that he could get playing time elsewhere, but if Alan wants to keep him around at the club. we should hear something on that in the next couple of weeks.

Once Wednesday rolls around and the January transfer window is over,   Pardew wants to ensure some of Newcastle’s players are given new contracts, so we’ll find out if Peter is one of those.

With Papiss Cisse being signed this month, we don’t think the chances are high that Peter will be offered a new deal on Tyneside.

What do you think?

• spitfire_

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Thats not gonna happend… Pardew and Shola obviously are lovers.

• JackButler

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Lovern and Best are being linked with Wolves, I’d offer them Lovern, Shola and Smith in exchange for Jarvis

• Brutooon

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Best and Lovenkrands up front. thats the best partnership we can get at the moment

Lovenkrands and Best linked with Wolves?

Shola Ameobi NEVER been linked with anyone because he is SHIT

• keeganjr

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

i think we have too mutch deadwood in the squad.. i see 5-10 new players in longterm and some one have too go, like:bambi (ameobi),smith,loven, maybe best,elliott, simpson and maybe perch.. we need more quality in the squad..

• archaeomag

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

The most charitable way to think about our strikers, is in terms of the goals they have scored, and the good memories that invokes, after all, it is Sunday . . . .

• Rosted Pork

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

lover deservs a start but its to late with da return of dembas. lover is much better than donkey uncle shola. has shola even crossed even 80 goals?

• ToonMauritius

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

JB
    Jarvis & Sinclair on the flanks

• GeordieDan

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Lovenkrands should get the nod over Shola at the very least for the rest of the season.

At least nobody can question his effort and he is technically a very good player, he’s just lost the yard of pace that use to set him apart.

Picking Shola as captain was a massive mistake as his complete lack of effort rubs off on everyone around him. He should have ran himself into the ground yesterday and he just couldn’t be bothered-what a shining example!

• nufc mad man

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM

the express reporting wolves show interest in loven and best hope it’s true and bid for carroll or get him on loan but what ever we do it had better not be a swap deal for ba also daily star reports totenham having clear out which includes bassong leaving i think he will be the defender we should get and can be used as cover for taylor he may dislike being on the bench but with taylor so injury prone he should get a lot of playing time

• level7wonder

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

“newcastle stars in booze bender on “no drink training camp”

wow.

• santoooooooooon

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

McLoven has been a good player for us but he cant improve the squad and needs to be moved on. Tbh he could probably do a better job than best and ameobi just he isnt being given a chance.

and @JB last thread…

to get into europe squad players like perch are just as important than simpson etc, I’d love to see jonas and simpson dropped against blackburn, give them a kick up the arse and play perch at RB and fergie at LM… but it wont happen haha it will be the same team

• Brutooon

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Demba Ba score 15 goals in 18 starts

Shola Ameobi score 14 goals in 82 starts (5 seasons)

Stats said it all.

• JackButler

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM

level7wonder – No one said that it was a ‘No drinking camp’

Another sensationalised headline by the Sunday rags who have absolutely no shame in inventing a story to try to sell some copies

• darko

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Jack butler – Jarvis is a winger who actually crosses the ball.
    I like your thinking.

• boardman64

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I’ve always liked Lovenkrands, he gives his best every time he plays and he has a way better work rate and goalscoring record than Ameobi… Just doesn’t get a chance for some reason which is a big shame

• JackButler

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM

darko – I would to love to see a left footed winger on the left and a right footed winger on the right, none of this cutting back inside all the time, get out wide and run the full back and cross the bloody ball, its an old fashioned way I know but it works

• level7wonder

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM

JackButler
    I never said it was mate that’s what i was getting at!

• JackButler

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM

level7wonder – Wasn’t having a go at you mate, sorry if it came across that way, its the BS thats printed every sunday that I was getting at

• nufc mad man

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM

level7wonder i like that report you showed. pardew must have not learned how bad the performance can become with the team after doing stuff like that e.g. the rugby union world cup england did this and look how bad they did. PARDEW IF YOU ON THIS BLOCK I WANT TO SAY THIS TO YOU. MAYBE IT WAS DOWN TO LUCK WITH THE START WE HAD, AND THE GAMES IN DECEMBERS GAMES MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN THE ONE BLIP MOST TEAMS HAVE BECAUSE THE FA CUP GAME, FULHAM GAME, AND NOW THIS ARE SHOW MORE AND MORE SIGNS YOU MIGHT NOT BE AS GOOD AS 1ST THOUGHT.
    SO PLEASE DO NOT GET THE ENGLAND JOB IF RED NAPP HAS NOT GOT IT LET HOGSON GET IT

• Nufcjoss

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Give Lovendkrans a chanse!! I belive that he could accomplished great things now as he is so desperad to prove him self! It’s not like Shola and Best is pulling this of, not at the moment anyway..

• Rosted Pork

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM

awww pardew the granpa looks young with the ladies

• Rosted Pork

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM

unless one of the dembas get injurd. lover must b given a chance. n for Christ sake i.dnt wana c strolla in the sub or in the startng 11 against BB

• partizanovec

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

He was signed on a free, from Germanee! No singing of this song lately. Løvenkrands is more suited to play yesterday’s Best role, and would have been more effective, that’s for sure. The lad lacks real quality, but he tries.

• darko

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Jack Butler – agree mate. It’s far harder to defend a cross that way then someone cutting inside and swinging the ball in. Very simply.

• Rich TOON Bristol

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

1000000000% deserves a chance over shola!!!!!!!!

• ToonMauritius

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Rumours is circulating that NUFC is dealing with Ajax for defender, hope it is true http://twitter.com/Stefano_Black

• nufc mad man

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM

loven if pardew does with cisse what he did with santon when he 1st came here, i hope you do get the chance to start along side ba because best and shola have had enough chances to prove they should be in the team and have only scored 1 goal during the time ba was away. mind i myself hope cisse starts and you come on as a sub before best and ameobi.

• JackButler

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Stefano_Black Stefano
    Newcastle locked in talks with Ajax over the deal for Jan Vertonghen. Can they pull this off? #nufc

Stefano_Black Stefano
    Newcastle contacted Ajax last night. They are VERY close to agreeing a fee I am told. All parties want this done ASAP. #nufc

• Rosted Pork

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

m.skysports.com/article/football//7463033

y would man city take andy carrot in a swap for tevez lol.

• Oleg G

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

The first 11 should get their last weeks wages canceled and given to charity because they definitely don’t deserve it.

• JackButler

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Rosted Pork – We should offer City Shola in exchange for Johnson 😉

• nufc mad man

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

oleg G i would say 9 of the 11 as perch and krul were never to blame perch was excelent yesterday

• nufc mad man

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM

what is this ajax defender how old is he

• JackButler

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Reports in Holland claim we are close to agreeing a fee for Jan Vertonghen.

Hope this is true and not just another ‘Sunday Story’

• nufc mad man

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM

if totenham are in need of a keeper offer forster for bassong

• JackButler

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Bassong is not wanted by the players, they are said to have serious issues with him and the way he left the club

• ToonMauritius

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:52 PM

JB
    hope this is true, is the Stefano reliable?

• nufc mad man

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:52 PM

also try making shola, bas identical twin they both have same skin colour then swap shola for carroll and liverpool will think they have ba

• JackButler

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM

ToonMauritius – Don’t know mate, I hope he is, but there are few saying that we are close to agreeing a fee for the lad, so fingers crossed it’s true

• Rosted Pork

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM

shola for city lol. da city fans will go on riot 🙂

1 2 3 8