Cabaye To Vigorously Fight FA Charge – Pardew Absolutely Livid


Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye will vigorously fight an FA charge of violent conduct.

Yohan Cabaye – will fight FA charge tooth and nail – good

And the really good news is that the player he collided with – Al-Abd of Brighton –  has now offered to help him clear his name.

Cabaye clashed with Adam El-Abd in the second half, during Saturday’s 1-0 FA Cup fourth-round defeat at the Amex Stadium, but it really looked nothing other than Al-Abd fouled Cabaye with his initial challenge on the right wing.

No foul was given against Al-Abd adn none against Cabaye,  but it seems retroactive action has been taken by the FA – but if they take action over non-events like this then football is in big trouble.

Not surprisingly,  Alan Pardew is said to be very upset that his summer signing has been charged with violent conduct, and Newcastle will help the player defend himself, and that’s good news indeed.

“I am absolutely livid about it, if I am honest, because firstly, when the incident happened, I didn’t see anything wrong with it.”  “After the game, someone said to me the TV coverage, especially the presenter, Ray Stubbs, was so ferocious about it, and I couldn’t understand that.”

“He had two professionals on that show telling him that the guy was trying to keep the player from tumbling on him.”  “I have reviewed that about seven or eight times and seriously, he is trying to stop the boy falling on him.”

“He does make a gesture to push him away and in doing so, catches him just on the lip.”  “If you find that that was a malicious attempt to do that then, my goodness, you have never played this game.”

“I cannot believe that the referee, after the game, has gone back. Now whether this is pressure that he’s under, I don’t know.”  “Yesterday, I had a call from the Brighton coaching team to suggest to me that their player wants to support our player, and I have never had that. “

“We never instigated it, we never asked or put a phone call in to Brighton .”  “In fact, I didn’t see Brighton manager Gus Poyet after the game, and I must apologise to him for that, because I had to shoot off.”

“We have sent our letter in, a strong letter, and we have also, after the contact from Brighton, asked the Brighton player if he would forward a letter to us, which he has kindly done, and that will go in as well.”

“If we had 18 cameras at every game, you would be sending two or three players off at every set-play because there’s contract, trust me, more intended contact than there is with Cabaye’s incident.”

“I really do think they need to just take a deep breath on this one, have a good luck at it. If you asked every Premier League manager about that incident, I would suggest 17 managers would say, ‘No way’.”

“The three teams we are playing might say yes, it probably should have, but 17 wouldn’t. That’s my opinion of it.”

And we criticized Al-Abd for bringing this incident up after the game,  but it seems he has watched the video again, and thinks it was nothing malicious from the Frenchman.

But the problem in all of this,  is that people who have never played the game at the top professional level,  are making decisions on these things.

And as the great Bill Shankly the Liverpool manager used to say about referees:

“They know the rules, but they don’t know the game.”

But it’s also the TV commentators who show the replay again and again during the telecasts, and try to make a  judgement on stuff they know very little about, and it’s nothing more than mischief a lot of the time.

We are pleased Newcastle are going ahead with the appeal,  and it means Yohan will play tomorrow night at Blackburn Rovers.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

169 comments so far

  • joppadoni

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:23 PM

    Comment #1

    well ofc he is…

    0
  • JackButler

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:23 PM

    Comment #2

    If Lescott, Rooney and Johnson can walk away with no FA charge after something that was ten time worse that what Cabaye did then there is no other option other than to fight this pathetic charge

    0
  • t00ntime

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM

    Comment #3

    contact not contract and look not luck ed 😛
    pumping to many articles out in such a short time? lol

    hopefully one more about mariappa signing 😉

    0
  • check the toastie

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

    Comment #4

    At least this means he plays 2moro night, hopefully collos back as captain and the stand in is stood down, only hope of points me thinks.

    0
  • toonpanda18

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

    Comment #5

    well maybe the brighton player has turned from villian to hero

    0
  • Dannyo

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

    Comment #6

    I wonder if we’ll still be 6th after tonight 😉

    0
  • mattyNUFC

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

    Comment #7

    JB

    doesn’t mean that Cabaye’s kick wasn’t exactly that just cause others don’t get punished. just my opinion

    0
  • bob

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

    Comment #8

    Pardews livid hes also clueless and for the next 3 games pointless!

    0
  • TimKrulFan

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

    Comment #9

    any else see RVP looks and elbows someon inface and get away

    0
  • JackButler

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:26 PM

    Comment #10

    It seems if your English then you can get away with bad, dirty challenges, but if you from overseas then the FA have an issue with you

    0
  • super magpie

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

    Comment #11

    Bob, are you planb?

    And in other news, mariappa is a panic buy, why not? We need a cb, the disappointing thing is that we have taken this long, I was ecstatic when we signed cisse but I didnt say things like ASHLEY IS GOD like some of you, I’m reserving judgement until 11pm, if we don’t get a cb in, it’ll be a disappointing transfer window IMO, some of you will say well we haven’t sold anyone, so why should we? If we want maintain a top 6 challenge you need sufficient back up. But we shall see at 11pm. Oh and Wayne bridge? Pahahahahahaha! SMB!

    0
  • craigTnufc

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

    Comment #12

    Bob (planb) please die you mackem scum get off our blog!

    0
  • check the toastie

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

    Comment #13

    Dont get this cloke and dagger stuff regarding Marriapa to save a bit of cash, i know our admin enjoys a bit of brinkmanship but if Watford accepted 2.5million from Wigan surely we can match that, whats the delay with the lad signing he obviously want to come.

    0
  • MacToon

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

    Comment #14

    Good on Al-Abd wanting to defend Cabaye.

    0
  • t00ntime

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:28 PM

    Comment #15

    plz nobody respond to bob, just ignore him and he will stop, having an opnion isnt bad but all he ever says is negative… he must be suicidal :O

    0
  • richard

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:28 PM

    Comment #16

    well that delays it by 1 game if it fails will he miss the makem game coz he will geet a 4 gamer

    0
  • MacToon

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:29 PM

    Comment #17

    JB, it might also be which club they play for!

    0
  • RobertNufc25

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:29 PM

    Comment #18

    Pardews on the drink a think.lol

    Do you think Mancini & Man City will be happy if he doesn’t get a 3 game ban?? after Ballotelli..

    Appeal it & You’ll get a extra game added to the ban.

    He deserved the 3 game ban in my opinion,It’s been coming for weeks.

    0
  • allan666

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:29 PM

    Comment #19

    bob ,what do you think of your new left back

    0
  • check the toastie

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:30 PM

    Comment #20

    CraigTnufc – just say what you think dont hold back:)

    0
  • ToonDownSouth

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:30 PM

    Comment #21

    Please can everyone ignore that Bob kid.

    His comments are bad enough, but it’s ridiculous when there’s 10 responses to everything he says.

    I didn’t actually see this incident – has anyone got a link to some footage of it?

    0
  • JackButler

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:30 PM

    Comment #22

    matty – agree it was stupid of Cabaye to react, but taking into account what Lescott did, or Johnsons two footed tackle, it was very, very mild by comparison, this may sound stupid by I honestly believe that if Cabaye was English, no action would have been taken

    0
  • Klatoon

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM

    Comment #23

    If any team would be happy with Cabaye getting banned its A.Villa,we play them Sunday and he absolutely run the show at Villa park,should of scored too but for Given’s wonder save.

    0
  • t00ntime

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM

    Comment #24

    robert if the player who was ‘hurt’ says it wasn’t violent the FA cant really say that it was… that wud be like a shop owner saying he wasnt a robbed and then the police arrest some guy…

    0
  • Tooooon

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM

    Comment #25

    anyone got a video of the cabaye incident?

    0
  • ToonDownSouth

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:32 PM

    Comment #26

    And won’t Cabaye get a 4 game ban? Seeing as he has already served a suspension this season…

    0
  • JackButler

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:32 PM

    Comment #27

    MacToon – Could do mate, but I remember Shearer trying to volley Lennon’s out of the ground and got away with it as he was England captain

    0
  • check the toastie

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:32 PM

    Comment #28

    He will miss the Mackem game but by then Tiotes will be back and the team will be on the up again (no shola) Demba and Papas lashing them in so wont be that big a miss, might just be a liability for that game anyway, hes dodged a few bullets lately to be fair.

    0
  • Stuart

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM

    Comment #29

    bob – Must suck having so little of a life that you come on a newcastle blog as a mackem to cause trouble.

    Definately winning at life you mate!

    #50alone&livingwithparents.

    0
  • toonLYF

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM

    Comment #30

    not to worry lads, Yanga-Mbiwa is round mine now sinking a few bongs before he’s gotta go sign his contract, all is well

    0
  • geoff777

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM

    Comment #31

    So nobody in and nobody out?

    0
  • Tooooon

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM

    Comment #32

    Doesn’t work like that ToonDownSouth.. they don’t accumulate like that. It’s only the yellow cards which accumulate

    0
  • mattyNUFC

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM

    Comment #33

    JB

    correction: if he was in the national team set-up it’d be a non-issue

    0
  • JackButler

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM

    Comment #34

    TDS – Cabayes ban could be increased to 4 games if the FA deem the appeal to be frivolous

    0
  • mattyNUFC

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:35 PM

    Comment #35

    toonLYF

    nice!

    0
  • toonashwin

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:35 PM

    Comment #36

    jack butler rvp is no english he is orange

    0
  • MacToon

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:36 PM

    Comment #37

    JB, that’s a while ago lol, there are some clubs which seem to be FA’s favourites and willing tobend rules for, only my opinion though.

    0
  • RobertNufc25

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:37 PM

    Comment #38

    Taking the Newcastle hat off.lol

    Seriously lads it was defo a kick out.

    If the Brighton defender had of done the same to Cabaye,we would all be crying about it.

    Seen a ban coming weeks ago…

    0
  • brobrotwins

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:37 PM

    Comment #39

    @bob is that your mum ( dads sister ) shouting for bath bottle and bed little boy scruffy mackem

    0
  • JackButler

    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:37 PM

    Comment #40

    MacToon – agree mate, some clubs seem untouchable by the FA

    0
1 2 3 5

You must log in to post a comment.