Ba – I Guess There Are Lots Of Senegalese Newcastle Fans Now

Demba Ba has given an interview in the Guardian, and he says some revealing things.

Demba Ba – after scoring his 16th league goal of the season yesterday

The main thing he says is that he has no desire at all to leave Newcastle,  and he is very happy at the club, and he thinks it’s just great that Papiss Cisse has joined him on Tyneside.

Ba, who scored a real opportunist goal after 30 minutes yesterday in the 2-1 win against Aston Villa,  his 16th league goal of the season – not bad for a free agent – has said he is really happy that “very quiet guy” Papiss Cisse has joined him at Newcastle.

We’re sure there are a  lot of Newcastle fans who agree with him on that, and there are an awful lot of people today talking about his wonder goal after 70 minutes,  that won the game for Newcastle yesterday.

This is what Demba Ba said in his interview:

“I never talked to anyone to say I wanted to leave,”   “I was just listening to people saying ‘He’s going there, he’s going there, he’s going there’ and I had a big smile on my face. It was funny to me.”

“The most important thing is being happy with your football and I am happy here.”  “I always said that I wanted to keep my number 19.”

“I always said that, if someone comes in and you want to give him No 9, don’t even ask me – just give it to him if he wants it.”  “The manager asked me if I didn’t mind it going to Papiss. I said just give it to him if it helps to sign him.”

“Papiss was a great signing for us,” “I was really happy when he signed because I talked to him a little bit beforehand. I just said, ‘Go on. Sign.'”

“He asked everything about Newcastle, about the supporters and the club but I’ve not told him everything, because I wanted him to see for himself what it’s like here.”

“I think he loved the reception he got but he hasn’t seen anything yet.” “I am really, really happy for Papiss,”  “Both of our parents are from Senegal and, even though I grew up in France, I always lived like I was in Senegal.”

“It’s really important to score for a new club early on; when you come in and score right away you feel much better. It helps a lot and his was a goal of real class on the perfect return to Newcastle for me.”

“It was such a good day; there wasn’t even too much snow.”  “I think the Senegalese are happy about it,” “I guess there are a lot of Senegalese Newcastle fans now.”

“But Papiss is a very quiet guy, all the fuss and hype will not affect him.”  “I’ve told him everything about the No9 shirt here but I’ve always said it is just a number.”

“We go to Tottenham and believe we can win,” “I look at the table and think ‘Fifth, woah.’ Now we just need to continue our road, continue what we are doing. We need to keep our focus but, as long as we do that, we’ll be dangerous.”

With Tottenham and Liverpool playing out a rather tame 0-0 draw tonight at Anfield, where Tottenham seemed content to hang on for the point in the second half,  it behooves Newcastle to go all out for the win at White Hart Lane on Saturday afternoon, however unlikely  a win may be.

Faint heart never won fair lady is a slogan we should remember as well as fortune favors the brave, and neither Liverpool nor Tottenham  were brave enough tonight to get the win, and so they settled for 2 points lost.

And tonight’s result means Newcastle gained 2 points on Liverpool, Tottenham,  Manchester United and Chelsea  in the latest round of games in the Premier League – round 24.

Newcastle are not expected to do anything at White Hart Lane on Saturday afternoon, other than to surrender 3 points in the nicest possible way to top London club,  Spurs.

So let’s go all out for the win, and scare the living daylights out of them at White Hart Lane on Saturday afternoon.

We’ll have two lads up front who could certainly scare the living daylights out of  any defense – as we all witnessed yesterday.

Howay The lads!!

• Wor Shearer

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Haven’t been so excited by our strike force in gods knows when!

I think they’ll give Spurs a real problem to deal with, even without our starting midfield.

• Brutooon

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

and more Newcastle Fans will support Senegal

work both ways hehe

• Nufcjoss

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM

agree, there is alot of positiv energi now, and i belive a draw ore even a victoy could be our resault on saturday! go lads!

• nden85

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

i friggin love demba ba, has everyone seen his interviews with sky, 20 minutes worth of pure gold, you’ll find them on youtube. he’s an absolute joy to listen to, especially when you consider what complete wankers have played for this club in the past.

• veto

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

been a great season so far , havent enjoyed me footie as much for many a year , lets hope it keeps up!

• boater

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Tiote is a huge miss, I agree we can cover Cabaye who will probably come into his own next season – he prefers to sit deep and spray passes rather than get forward and support like guthrie. The two could be a good partnership in fact.

Got tickets to the game on saturday. Reckon it will start tense and end up being a slugging match between two attack minded sides, as with the SJP game earlier this season.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

4-3-3 against Spurs really kept them quiet although they didn’t play to their strengths tonight at all, we will see a much more positive Spurs side next weekend but I am starting to think that we should try and match them man for man, not just sit back and try and stay tight but to try and outplay them!

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

@ wor shearer i think the last time was shearer and fergusson his last proper partner

• Wor Shearer

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

@BB

I agree. It’s been a while.

• Trent Toon

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

What a master stroke of ‘daring and genious’ by Mike, Derek and Alan to bring Papiss in!

Not only have we significantly increased our striking capabilities but we have signed two players that link well with each other (as far as we have seen). What a time to increase the strike force in janurary transfer window especially as we were not expected to sign a striker, and we can really attack and chase the teams above us now rather than consolidating our current position, and who knows where we might end up. Also bringing Papiss in has obviously made Demba Ba happier to stay and he could sign a new and improved contract in the summer, so if when he eventually leaves the club he isn’t going at a lowly 7million pounds release clause. What a great piece of transfer work Alan has done.

Hats of to Mike, Derek and Alan – smartest signing yet!

• Scottishtoon95

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Was only two when shearer signed so can someone tell me whether he scored over 20 goals in his first season with us?

• JP...from The Rock

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Our Cisse signing has brought more belief that this club is going places and the good vibes are spreading to everyone connected to the club. I am really excited to see this amazing strikeforce blossom. It’s such a pity Marveaux and Saylor are out injured as they would have completed the final pieces of an incredible team. I can’t wait to at least see this for now; Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Ba and Cisse on at the same time that must be amazing.

This great news of Ba’s desire to stay long term just makes the smile on my face even wider.

HWTL

• soundoid

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

This is a game that i think no fan would give pardew a bashing for going all out attack. It’s a good time to play spurs, the manager has his mind on other issues, they have as many if not more injury worries than us.

The spuds bench looked thin tonight. We also have a player who they don’t know much about. Glad we waited to buy this lad think he’s going to be massive for us.

• gaz 44

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM

last partnership that gave defenders a fright was shola and Leon.. only problem is it was our defenders when they saw the team sheet

• Wor Shearer

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM

1st season with us in 96/97, he scored 30 (25 league)

• lesh

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM

What a star Demba B is. So modest and unassuming and of course a prolific scorer.

Let’s hope that the powers that be give a contract that reflects his worth to us.

As a by-the-by…. Redknapp’s been talking about that great result at Liverpool…… considering he’s facing a potential jail sentence tomorrow, not a sign of nerves at all!

It just beggars belief and may show he’s just oblivious to the notion of crime and its ramifications.

• Wor Shearer

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

The man crushed every defence in the league, Ba none 😉

• gaz 44

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

hearer is by far the best premier league striker in history .. not just his goals as top scorer ever in.premises will tell you but his whole play was fantastic..

• pbNcl

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

God bless the demba’s

• Trent Toon

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM

@lesh

Haha ‘the powers that be’

• pbNcl

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:12 AM

grange park

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM

i think if we can make 2 or 3 quality signings and take the square pegs out of the round holes we can really move on to the next level id love to see jonas and santon down the right both are right footed cissokho at left back would be great and a top left winger and ctr back oh id be drooling man fcukin droolin

• soundoid

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM

For spuds.

———timmy———–
    simmo willo colo santoon
    ———-perchino——-
    ET——-guthrie—–jonas
    ——-Double D’s——

If we are winning at 70mins Cisse off. fergie on.
    play guthrie and perch as holding players move jonas into the middle and fergy as an outlet on the left.

If we are losing perch off HBA on go 4-3-3 shit or bust.

• Scottishtoon95

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Cheers wor shearer, Ba will have his work cut out to beat that, 10 more to go lol.

• Scottishtoon95

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Like your thinking soundoid

• Wor Shearer

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM

• soundoid

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Scottishtoon95,

I think we should use fergie a bit more as a sub he can whip a cross in loads of pace and if he gets a bad tackle we are going to get a free kick because he looks about 12.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM

@ soundoid fergie cant p[lay against spuds hes making his confirmation!

• GeordieToon89

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Btw lads, Im going to put me neck on the line for a little bashing but a honestly think if we get something from Spurs we will finish 4th.. thats my honest opinion as if we draw or win then it will give the lads so much more confidence to go on and really have a go more so than what they doing it will make then strive to get the champions league place because we could be actually 2 points ahead of chelsea after the game!! they playing away to Everton

• GeordieToon89

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM

?22 points above Relegation place, 9 points ahead of Mackems, 1 point below Champions League and 2 points clear in Europa League place.. Thats the good old Toon Army..and we still have Cabaye, Tiote and Marveaux to return to the side!

• Scottishtoon95

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Lol, don’t think Pardew will play him on the wing though as I think he will only ever see him as a full-back. Worked with Arshavin ref took pity on him until he realised that he was 28. Lol

• soundoid

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM

@ Boom Boom the 1st

Really! Back to the drawing board…..

• Scottishtoon95

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM

GT89 – with the absentees returning u might be right, however your last point suggesting chelski will lose to everyone is slightly unrealistic as everton havnt been great this season, saying that Chelsea havnt been on top form either.

• soundoid

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Scottishtoon95,

He played him on the wing as a sub v brighton or am i just making that up i was spitting teeth out at the time.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM

ha ha hes the youngest lookin lad ive seen in b&w since jj 1st signed he is a very talented young lad

• Scottishtoon95

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Missed that game so don’t know

• JP...from The Rock

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I seriously think that if we get a good CB/LB and a quality ‘Solano’ type winger we are clearly a top 6 even top 4 team. Imagine a winger with Solano’s technique placing balls at pace to our Demba’s heads! Yup I’d say top 4 with everyone fit. Then a couple of quality promising youngsters and we’re sorted in all positions. Damn I am excited WOOOOOOO!!!!

• soundoid

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:48 AM

He came on for santon just checked. I’ve had to erase that game from my mind. Lucky i was at a wedding for the fulham game.

• GeordieToon89

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Soundid – He came on for Santon against Brighton…

ScottishToon – when did a say Chelsea would lose to everyone :s a says ‘We could actually be two points clear after the match’ ‘They player away to Everton’ … Everton away is still a hard game they proved that by beating City last week lol