Cisse – It’s Such An Incredible Crowd – I Couldn’t Be Happier

Cisse didn’t take long on Saturday to convince the Newcastle crowd he could become a big star on Tyneside.

Papiss Cisse shoots with the left foot – GOAL!

His overall play was good and his goal to win the game after 70 minutes was simply a stunner, and only a player with great technique and technical skills can score a goal like that.

Not surprisingly Papiss Demba Cisse to give him his full name, has been interviewed today by the local Newcastle press, and the welcome he received yesterday was overwhelming for the 26 year-old:

“From the moment I started warming up I felt them behind me. I was thrilled with the crowd.  In fact I didn’t feel like I needed to move because the Newcastle fans were warming me up with such a great reception!”

“It’s extraordinary for me to see such an incredible fan base. I could not be happier.”  “I dreamt about it. But there you have it. It’s been a great moment for me.”

“It wasn’t in my mind to start the game so early but I was ready to come on. I was just waiting to come on.   I watched Demba playing and I was growing in confidence and waiting for my entrance.”

“I didn’t expect Leon to get injured so quickly but I went on and tried the best I could.”

Cisse and his Senegal team-mate Demba Ba have not played too much together for Senegal, as Alan Pardew pointed out after the game.

And you have to remember that Senegal are blessed with some great strikers and they also include Moussa Sow and Dame N’Doye, who has scored 67 goals for Copenhagen in just 121 appearances.

Moussa Sow was at Lieel last seaosn with Yohan Cabaye but he joined Turkish powerhouse Fenerbahçe in the summer for €10M – about £8.3M with today’s conversion rate.

It’s interesting that all four top Senegal strikers are all 26 years old.

Papiss Cisse now has a great chance to form one of the best striker partnerships in the Premier League with Demba Ba, since they seem to complement each other with their different styles.

It all sounds very good to us, and such a huge change in the fortunes of Newcastle United, since those depressing summer months of 2009 following our relegation.

• toonLYF

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

———————–Krul———————-

-Santon——-Willo————Colo——Jonas-

—————-Tiote——Guthrie—————-
    ——————–Cabaye———————-

-Ben Arfa———– Cisse—————–Ba-

Strong team there, although Simpson has impressed me massively this season, but i just has to fit Jonas into the team as he has been back to his outstanding best at times this season. Looking forward to seeing Marveaux back and Obertan improving, and i can’t wait to see this team in full flow with Santon/Cabaye/Ben Arfa bringing the flair and linking up to find Ba/Cisse, what a team!

• G

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Cisse comes with a hair trigger mind. Not seen anybody rattle away a shot as instinctively since we had Andy Cole in a toon top. Cisse’s accuracy on target looks far superior though. Looks like a fantastic signing.

• Rowan Milsted

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Well, that’s something we can offer that some of the other top teams around us can’t – one of the best fan bases in the world!

I can’t remember being more excited about a strike partnership since Shearer and Les, and I was only young then… we could be one for some very exciting times!

• Rowan Milsted

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

*on. See, so excited I forgot how to type!

• Yohan4

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

would be nice if Benny could nail down a starting position but if Pardew say no then thats good enough for me at this stage and I dont even care if it is because he cant play or manage a player “as big as” benarfa because one thing is for sure he can manage and get the best out of the majority of the team (Q the shola bashing) if pardew cant work with BenArfa because they have different foot ball phylisophys then he will go and although I would be sad to see a great talent leave I would sooner see BA leave than AP

• JackButler

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Two or three shrewd signings in the summer with no major departures and we have one hell of a squad 🙂

• Yohan4

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

by BA i mean BenArfa not Demba, I think pardews done great but dont know if I would have hime over keeping the goal machine though

• Toon Tang

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

dont know about that yohan

• geordiesteve520

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

@1 Do you not remember how horrendous Jonas was at left back during the World Cup?? Imho Simmo is playing out of his skin at the moment and deserves his place, Santon gets better every match at LB and is building up a very useful relationship with Jonas which hopefully can continue to flourish. Once Tiote and Cabaye come back they will walk straight in; we will never play 3 in midfield, it is just not feasible in the English game as width is a valuable asset to have, just look at how effective Spurs are. They would tear us apart with that line up.

• Yohan4

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

And by AP I mean Alan Pardew not Alan Partride 🙂

• Yohan4

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM

which part toon tang?

• Rowan Milsted

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Yohan4

Haha, that cleared that up! Smell my cheese you mother!

JB

Exactly. Get new contracts sorted for Colo, Krul, Guthrie and Ba (minus the release clause) keep HBA happy, add a CB, LB and maybe RB and winger, keep Tiote, Cabaye etc, and we’re on for a top 4 finish. That’s a lot to ask for, I know, but when teams show commitment and ambition it becomes a lot easier to keep key players.

• Klatoon

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Before he came on,the camera’s zoomed in on him trotting alongside Shola and then AP called both of them over,i was so nervous thought he was sending on Ameobi instead 🙂

• jayphoto

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM

3 or 4 signings and no1 leaving and we’ll have a top top side! Need a centre back, a full back , a back up striker and a few young players and we’ll look immense! I’d settle for Pieters, Yang-Mbiwa, Clyne and Jay Rodriguez! Add that to Marveaux hopefully staying fit and we’d have a top 4 side I think!

• Londtoon

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Taylor’s leg luckily didn’t fracture. Leon looks like he will be out for a fair few weeks with his knee

• Yohan4

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

same team as Villa with obertan and Papisto starting for taylor and Best, (obertan up front and Papisto on the wing of course 😉 )

Need ober on for bale, he done well against him and you have to keep bale quiet with workhouse wingers, takes away from our attack but where not ready to try and outscore Tottenham (would love to be wrong about that)

I have a good feeling about the tottenham game follinging Pardews let the hair down comments as we are nor safe first target achieved they will be up for it!

• LEROI

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Demba Cisse, Demba Ba,…Demba,Demba!
    Demba Cisse, Demba Ba…..Demba,Demba!

When they get the ball and score a goal
    The opposition can do f@ck all

And we all love cisse & demba baaaa!!

• Toon Tang

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

i thought you meant ba yohan4 – didnt see the other post.

• rudy

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

@toonLYF
    like ur line-up mate. Very Cruyffish actually …

• Sgt. Heagerty

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Still buzzing from that half volley…..what a goal. Where is warnocks three match ban studs showing bad challenge

• taker83

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM

@Toon LYF, that is an awesome team.Agree with you 100%.

• Lynxie

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Sgt Heagarty:
    Well said. Warnock deserves 4 games for that, because he has almost finished a number of players already this season. He is a career finising injury waiting to happen for sure.The FA need to show some bollix and prove they are consistent. Its a pity Stubbs wasnst the commentator yesterday, oh wait, is he not a Villa fan?

• Lynxie

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Sgt Heagarty:
    Well said. Warnock deserves 4 games for that, because he has almost finished a number of players already this season. He is a career finising injury waiting to happen for sure.The FA need to show some bollix and prove they are consistent. Its a pity that tool Stubbs wasn’t the commentator yesterday, oh wait, is he not a Villa fan?

• True-Geordie123

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Krul
    Simmo Williamson coloccini santon
    Ben arfa Guthrie perch Gutierrez
    Ba. Cisse

This would be my team vs tottenham

• Lynxie

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Big shout out for Ryan Taylor by the way, very very brave to be first to the ball which led to demba’s goal. I know one or two players who may not have been so keen, and the chance would have been lost…………
    Get well soon Raylor, most improved player of the season by a mile.

• estechco

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Ed, I think Moussa Sow only joined Fenerbache a couple of weeks back, not last summer

• tooninspain

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM

How many more times are we going to have posters wanting to see Jonas at LB? He is NOT a Left-Back. He can’t head a ball, he can’t tackle and he kicks the ball like a 10 year old. Thank God it’s Pardew who picks the team…..I despair sometimes

• magicmac

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Geordiesteve i would just like to tell you that jonas did not play left back during the world cup, he actually played at right back. Great result yesterday, and its obvious the 2 Dembas are going to give some premier leauge defences a lot of problems this season, howay the lads.

• RobertLeeNo.7

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I agree with toonLYF that team at home would be a good starter… but I think you’d have to keep simpson in he is better defensively than santon at the moment, I’d play santon left back and jonas where you have guthrie for home games too.

LOVING DOUBLE DEMBA! ba looked knackered yesterday and apart from his goal did not look sharp at all hope he returns to his best form soon.

• max

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM

low body balance. but i hope he can improve that

• DxK

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM

@GeordieSteve520;

Totally agree, I have no idea why people are trying to shoe horn Jonas into a full-back position and play without wingers to accomodate Ben-Arfa, particularly against a side like Spurs who have got Bale, Ekotto, Lennon and Walker flying down the sides.

Thanks f’k Pardew’s not that much of a fool and he’ll realise that Bale and co are too powerful to take liberties with.

Great result yesterday and I think our Demba boys could cause problems for pretty much any defence.

• AndyMac

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Dear old Jonas got to play at RB for Argentina mainly because Maradona had promised him a starting place in his team but found he couldnt play him on either wing because he had to accommodate Di Maria, Pastore and Maxi. Even so he eventually lost his RB place to Otamendi as Maradona eventually recognised he wasnt a defender.

It was interesting that Jonas told NUFC.co.uk, after the game on Sunday, that he was happy being back in his “preferred” position of LW after Pardwho’s attempts to get him playing in Centre Mid.

The one problem I have with two Demba’s is it tends to stereotype us as a 4-4-2 side whereas I firmly believe we should be looking towards a more “Continental” formation for what will hopefully be a return to European football next season.