Papiss Cisse So Humble – Thanks Newcastle For Signing Him

There’s one thing that makes Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse come across in a similar way at Newcastle – they are both very humble men.

Papiss Cisse – in action during his Newcastle debut

Newcastle fans have taken to Demba Ba this season, not only because of his 16 goals in the league, although that’s certainly a big help, but because he seems to love life at the Newcastle club, and he’s such a very humble guy.

And enter Papiss Cisse stage right, make that stage center,  who is even more quiet than his Senegal team-mate, and comes across as a very modest and humble person.

He did great things in the Bundesliga with SC Freiburg, and like last month at Newcastle, he joined Freiburg in January two years ago.

And in the two years he was there he scored a massive 37 goals in 67 total appearances for the club, and even this season he scored 9 goals in 17 games for a team which is rock bottom of the Bundesliga.

And while in Germany the humility came out whenever he was interviewed, and he had this to say while he was doing so well:

“I never would have thought that I’d be competing with players like Ruud van Nistelrooy and Raul.”

“I still don’t want to put myself in the same bracket as them now. I know my strengths and qualities. Ultimately it’s just hard work every day.”

It’s been well documented that after the game on Sunday afternoon where his goal raised the roof at St. James’ Park, the 26 year-old went into the Newcastle dressing room and shook the hand of everybody there, players, back-room staff and the kit-man too.

And the Dakar, Senegal born player had this to say after the game, when he was interviewed and former French left-back Olivier Bernard, who was calm and smiling a lot during the interview, acted as the translator:

“The aim from now is to keep working hard in training,”   “If I do that I would like to think that I can get more goals like that. Firstly, I have to work hard and get to know my team-mates.”

“I’m happy with my first goal, but I have a lot of thank yous to give out. Firstly the club for signing me, my team-mates and to all of the fans who made it so memorable. “

“When I signed for the club, to score in my first game was one of my aims. To do that is fantastic. I thank God for that.”

Newcastle fans are hoping there will be many more goals from this great lad, and he’s certainly got off to a fantastic start in his career on Tyneside, not only with that goal, but with the humble way in which he handles himself.

That’s a great credit to him – and the same goes for Demba Ba too.

We think these are two classy guys – and they are not too bad at putting that ball into the back of the net either!

Howay The Lads!!

• duNNYNUFC007

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM

1st!

• duNNYNUFC007

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Had to be done! back to the pointi think Cisse was a quality signing and it shows that we now have intent to be pushing at the top of the table.

• Colo-Sus

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM

That is great stuff to read. One f the best things about Alan pardew/Carr and his team in my opinion is that they hold a players Character in just as high regards as his playing ability.
    I think that ethios is fantatsic and so refreshing in football. It shows the class of the guy to go and shake all his team-mates/coaching staffs hands after the game.
    How many of you think the like of N’Zogbia. bassong, martins would ever have even contemplated doing that. This team ethic is THE MAIN reason that we are where we are this season and I am proud of our players and staff and club. More importantly I feel positive and proud to e a toon fan, and long may it continue..

HWTL

• Wor Shearer

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Balls in your court Papisto!

If you play like Van Nistelrooy, I see a statue on the horizon!

HWTL

• PHOENIXNIGHTS

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM

A mix of Andy Cole and Et’o I think, a great finisher to be sure. May we think of our owner/chairman and manager in a different light now. Another centre back and a back up forward in the summer and we will have a decent team. If Pardew can fit HBA in and he is playing well we will a really good team. Is Ashleys plan bearing fruit – can we win something over the next three years? Its looking promising. I still see people unhappy on here and will spend time to slag everyone off even during a great season.
    Keep the Faith and enjoy.

• Colo-Sus

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Pheonix

I really think we will be in the CL in the next few seasons. From Shleys point of view, he needs this as if we make it in he will start making money. Our gate money will obviously go up and if you couple that with the TV/advertising/ sponsorship revenue that CL football brings, alongside the fact that he almost has us financially self sufficient, He will be quids in …..fair play to him. At the same time I think his youth policy is fantastic as it will mean we have a staedy stream of Quality youngsters coming through, with the addition of probably one or two signings per season, wuith older players being moved on or retiring. Its an excellent plan and one that I think alot of clubs will start to follow.
    Make no mistake CL football is Ashleys aim, with a few cups along the way….and who knows a prem title eventually…Im not getting carried away Im talking our the next few seasons. But Pardews attitude seams to be ”If we are in amongst it, then lets have a right good go at it” and AMEN if you ask me, no point in just settling for top 10 and seeing how it goes!
    Great time to be a toon fan and the Neggars are just a joke, I know i used to be one

HWTL

• ashwin say's

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM

would like to see the oberton pace is how useful against bale’s , and if santon can shut the show of ronaldo he can shut nyone , and dembas can give us attack we need against their cunning defence the major problem is central midfield against modric and RVV ,if we can cope that then win is not far away

no high line pls. We r not ready 4 it yet

• toonincheek

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Goal every two games for Ba and Cisse – hope that doesn’t mean they won’t score on Saturday!

• toonlad989

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:08 AM

You would think that they had won the ACoN the way they were commiting themselves against villa, it is great to see demba and papisto full of confidence and hopefully they can terrorises defences for the toon for years to come. I dont think (and i dont want to tempt fate here) we will sell the core of players we have in our team in the summer, obviously where we finish will impact that. Id imagine the players believe in themselves to get top 6 now with champs league being the absolute icing on the cake. My mouth waters at the prospect at the likes of inter and barca coming up against us. If you think about our squad as a whole, with the likes of with the likes of saylor and marveax fit and the addition of another cb we have side capable of playing against the top sides in europe. I think santon would be better paired up against bale for the spurs game but as the saying goes ‘if it aint broke….’ we have nothing to lose but at the same time they will know what our squad are capable of and may infact be more nervous than we are after seeing what demba 1 and demba 2 did to a physical back 4 v villa.

• Sav

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Sssssshhhhhhhhhh!

• eastend toon

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM

rav, still got those tickets for sat? los_miller@hotmail.com

• poolytoon

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I for one can’t fault either of them, which is nice to see nowadays with all these spoilt,rich ididots playing the game

• Brutooon