Pardew – I Am Not In Running For England Manager Job

Alan Pardew has quickly said he is not in the running for the vacant England manager job.

Alan Pardew – not in the running for England job

Fabio Capello resigned at the worst possible time for England last night,  and the FA will now need to appoint somebody to take over the reigns.

Fabio and the FA clashed over the firing of John Terry as England captain, and it seems Fabio couldn’t accept the decision when he met with the FA Chairman David Bernstein yesterday, in an hour long meeting.

And it is almost ceertain that the new manager will be English, and Alan believes that Harry Redknapp, Roy Hodgson and Sam Allardyce are the leading contenders and have more experience then him for the position.

This is what Pardew said today:

As an Englishman I am proud to be in the frame but I am not in the running. I am happy here and want to see it through.

The passion is here and we have a project here. Roy Hodgson and Sam Allardyce are the right age for the job and that role but Harry is an outstanding candidate this time around.

When the job comes around again there might be some outstanding candidates from the Championship.

Redknapp has been priced as the clear front runner for the position at at 1-5  on at SkyBet.

Under-21 manager Stuart Pearce is currently second favorite at 15-2,  but that would be a similar appointment to when the FA appointed Steve McClaren in December of 2007, after Sven Eriksson left, and that appointment was an absolute disaster.

Jose Mournho and Guus Hiddink are next in line at 12-1,  but Alan Pardew is near the bottom at 100-1.

Harry Redknapp is the clear favorite at the moment, and it would behoove the FA to appoint somebody to the position as quickly as they can – especially if it’s going to be Harry.

Comments wleocme.

• Wor Shearer

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Don’t worry Pards, nobody mentioned your name.

• Jonny

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM

steve mclaren and phil neville are also ruling themselves out!

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Whenever international managers come up I still think about Gary Speed. He had done great things in a short time with the Welsh side – just as Sparky did before he went into club management. I would have loved to have seen Gary move into club management at a good level after a few years of getting the Welsh side to overachieve.

The England job is your classic ‘poisoned chalice’.
    How about agent Bruce ?

• Stuart

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Im more worried about Spurs coming in for him to replace floppy chops myself like.

• Dannyo

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM

@Stuart
    I worry about the same, but then again, Mourinho wants a return to England, or maybe we could sneak in agent Bruce somehow 😛

• Stuart

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Haha weyaye Dannyo!

To be honest I couldnt care less who gets the england job, or the spurs job, aslong as we keep Pards.

I mean, does anyone even give a sh1t about international football anymore? We never even get close to winning anything anymore lol.

• Lynxie

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Great article. For more of the painfully obvious, see Alan Pardews other comments which include:
    I am not the tooth fairy
    I am not flying a solo mission to Venus
    I am not in the running for Prime minister
    I shall not be taking part in the boat race, using a hollowed out log borrowed from an indiginous tribe in West Boldon,
    I shall not be walking to the centre of the Earth’s core in a reconstruction of the famous journey undertaken by ‘Arnie Sachnosum’……..

I shall not be evading tax byemploying my dog as my financial advisor and accountant.

• ITUNDERASHELL

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Pardew knows a car crash when he sees one.
    He wants to take the Toon to the top and its a work in progress he wants to complete, he has never managed a big club before and the Toon have the potential to be HUGE.
    This bull is all speculation, but it is rather strange don’t you think that floppy chops walks away from court a free man and Coppello’s son has said he cannot talk about his resignation due to a legal obligation/payoff.

• Stuart

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I think the fact he cant talk about his resignation is because he’ll have struck some kind of deal with the FA to keep his mouth shut in exchange for a payoff.

FA wont want this story to drag on too long.

England manager quits after siding with a racist. Doesnt make for positive headlines before the euros like haha.

• ITUNDERASHELL

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Lynxie, you are a very funny man and also very aware of bull shit and corruption when you see it.
    I work with people from Boldon and it has become so unbearable I am moving to a new job.
    They really are inbreeds, a subset of humanity.

• ITUNDERASHELL

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Terry has previous, don’t forget his little fling with a fellow England players fiance.
    He should have been not only stripped of the captaincy then but out of the squad permanantly.
    England have a bunch of premadonnas running it and playing for them, Lampard and Gerrard won’t play together, Rooney is talented but a bloody idiot and after the world cup should never wear the white shirt again.