The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Santon – I Play For Historic Club In Historic City – I Am Happy

12:05 pm, Thursday, February 9th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 83 Comments

The news that Davide Santon was doing well in the Premier League was picked up by the Italian press yesterday and the 21 year-old got headlines in Italy.

Davide Santon – I play for a historic club at Newcastle

It’s not too often a player leaves Inter-Milan, but Davide was also courted heavily be Roma in the summer, but he chose to come to Newcastle in late August.

And along with his good form for Newcastle they also reported some of the comments he made when he first joined the club last year, so it gets to be difficult to know which were recent comments and which were from last August.

Davide had said that Newcastle are a historic club who play in a historic City.

This is what he was quoted to say yesterday in the Italian press,  but this seems a comment from last August:

It was the right time for me to leave Inter.  It was not an easy choice, but this is a historic club and a historic city and I am really happy to be here.

I can play left back or right back and I like to attack and to defend too. We have done well so far this season with our style of play.

And for the record these are the comments the Italian International made during his first interview last August, after arriving at Newcastle for around £5M:

I am really happy to be here. It was not an easy choice to leave Inter but this is a historic club and a historic city.  It is excellent timing for me to leave Inter and join Newcastle.

The timing could not be better. I can play left-back or right-back and I like to attack and to defend too.

I am here to give evidence that I am a good player and a champion. I am happy to be here in Newcastle to do that.

I can play in different positions, as a defender on the right and left or as a midfielder the same.  I like to go forward but also to defend.

I am here to give everything. We can achieve great things here. We can grow up together and help each other.

I am here for the future and this is a great life experience. I want to play for this club 100%.

I want to show I can be a great player, but that is a compliment.  I have watched a lot of Premier League games on television in Italy and I hope I can play well and be settled in this league.

I will be comfortable here.  There are a lot of great players in the premier League like Rooney and my good friend Balotelli. But I am not afraid.

I am here to play and fight for Newcastle. It is a great club in England and a historic city, with great players. Of course, I know of Alan Shearer too!

For the first few weeks I will settle and have my mother Renata and father Mirco over here.  My mother is a beautiful cook ,  the best, and I need her here for her lasagne!

That will help me play well. Newcastle have a young team and are signing young players and we all want to improve and do our best.

His mother  Renata and father Mirco only stayed for about three weeks because the lad settled in so quickly.

Those comments will be a reminder for the Newcastle fans since the lads is now coming into his own at left-back for Newcastle and he has so far made 13 appearances for the first team.

And we are hoping Davide gets into the Italian squad for the European Championship this summer, and the fact that Newcastle are doing so well and currently 5th in the Premier League, will not hurt the 21 year-old.

Tags: Davide Santon · Newcastle News · Other News

83 responses so far ↓

• 1 JackButler // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM

For such a young lad to move away from his home country and come to the most physical league in the world and to settle so quickly show what a talent Santon is

• 2 Eastander // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Santon is some talent, considering he’s only just turned 21 as well

• 3 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Agreed – imagine how good he’s gonna be in 1-2 years.

Frightening.

• 4 bob // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I hope Simpson doesnt get a new contract

• 5 boater // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:14 PM

These quotes are from ages ago.

Indian Magpie and Gorgonzola’s comments about how good it will be for us if Pardew leaves (because he hasn’t played their fave player Arfa enough and once even brought Smith on!!!) has left me dumbfounded and a little sad.

It seems the players – including those International world beaters Perch, Ryan Taylor, Best, Williamson, etc – are making him look good.

I almost give in.. not quite but almost.

• 6 JackButler // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

To think that we have two potential class players in Streete and Tavernier coming through as well at right back and centre half we are looking very good for the long term as well

• 7 Toon Tang // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

@ gogoboots (previous thread)

excellent analysis and post, 100% agree with the guthrie and cabaye points.

• 8 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

@ bob

Yeah me too simpson is useless. I mean an 11 game unbeaten run – pathetic. Oh wait he was ‘carried’ by collo who did all those goal line clearances.

• 9 Wor Demba // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Seems to be great guy all around. Feet on tthe ground and good player. If he can sort out his defensive positioning and tackling i.e. get them on par with his ability going forward, he could really be the one of if not THE best full/wing back in the league

• 10 roshan MAGPIE // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM

who wants ENRIQUE when you have SANTON

• 11 MagpiesFlyHigh // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

We need to find him a top Geordie lasgane maker quick – he’s beginning to show his talent and we want him here for when we get to play in the Champion’s League

• 12 Eastander // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM

@Bob, would be a bit further down the league if simpson hadnt put those goal line clearances in like

• 13 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM

i have to agree he is an amazing wing back

best ive seen for like ever.. if ginola was a wing back id say he is that good. cant wait for his first top corner postage stamp goal. hopefully against spurs.

though he needs to learn to get back to his defensive duties more. causes too many problems that are easy to see for the opposition

• 14 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM

@ Boater

They spoil this blog at one of the most exciting times for the team. I wish you could block posters on here. I don’t know if they’re mackems in disguise or just delusional.

• 15 Stuart // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Nail on the head their boater. I reckon they have a little man crush on Benny like, upset they cant stare at his legs every week.

You’d never guess AP had got us to within one point of 4th in our second season back in the prem with only pennies spent in the summer.

Sack him, sack him now.

#facepalm

• 16 MagpiesFlyHigh // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM

@ bob

Simmo has improved this season and is pretty solid as a defender, maybe not as strong moving forward but a worthy member of our back four.
    I’d want to keep him.

• 17 AussieToon // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Davide is a star.

• 18 Stuart // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Also, I really hope Simpson gets a new contract like. Played every game this season and is always improving.

Maybe still sign another RB in the summer, but definately a player we should be keeping in the squad anyway.

• 19 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM

simpson is fantastic in my view. he has the look of a very very good defender for his age. i hope he signs as we wont get better than him. we wont get someone with his ability and more importantly, his class as a work ethic, he has it all.

• 20 JackButler // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Simpson may not be the best right back in the game but to look at him now to when we signed him there is no comparison between the two, he has improve so much over the past 12 months and has saved us so many points I hope he does get his new deal but we need another right back at the club to ensure that Simpson is pushed for his place and continues to improve

• 21 roshan MAGPIE // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM

marveux saylor and now best out for the rest of the season that sucks

• 22 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

@roshan – id have enrique tbh. but id stick santon on the wing :P the guys got quality forwad play but lacks in defensive duties. not what ya want in a defender. although ofc he can learn as he is a young man.

• 23 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

gorgonzola // Feb 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Exaclty my point Indian…

TO furhter add

1.I haven’t seen him do a magical tacitca switch that has Changed the game ever.

2. I haven’t seen a plan B as so often our main plan has not worked so we get hammered or we barely escape unscathed, hardly his magic work at play

3. And in all honesty we where playing OK with Houghton it not as if we where PATHETIC then came the messiah in Pardew all lies….

Lol Embarrassing

• 24 MagpiesFlyHigh // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

JB & joppadoni

All the squad players have improved from last season and have a good work ethic. Can’t really think of anyone who has performed worse. Going to credit the coaching team for that.

• 25 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Yeah Best looked really good last game too, playing off Ba. Hope to see you back next season.

• 26 Stuart // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Im sure at one point gorgonzola was one of the happy clapping ‘everything will be great’ lot?

Funny thing is, now that it is he’s a miserable sod.

• 27 boater // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM

It’s the loony minority. If they won a luxury holiday to the Maldives they would complain about the peanuts on the aeroplane.

Another grumble is the talk of Pardew replacing Redknapp at Spurs – as if that’s some big prestige deal. Spurs are no bigger or better a club than us, they are just the darlings of the press at the minute because so many journos support them. We’ve finished top 4 much more than them during the Premier league years.

• 28 valle // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Boater… Hang in there mate, allot of sensible fans out there still! AP Will guide this club to glory I am sure, just like old Bobby did, and just as was the case with Bobby, there will be hyena’s screaming for his head even then.

• 29 roshan MAGPIE // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM

team for spurs KRUL SIMPSON WILLIAMSON COLO SANTON OBERTAN PERCH GUTHRE GUTI BA AND CISSE IN A 4 4 2 FORMATION

• 30 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM

@jack – tbh simpson is like jonas in my opinion. neither need pushing to perform. perhaps i should even say simpson needs it less he tries his heart out when on the field. perhaps jonas didnt on the wing. although now with the range of play jonas has he does. or do we have someone chasing his spot? i dunno. tbh though jonas is man of the decade for me.. so much effort the ticket price isnt worthy :D i <3 jonas hes mint :D

• 31 JackButler // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM

MagpiesFlyHigh – You have to be careful when giving any credit to Pardew and his coaches as there are quite a few on here who believe that he’s clueless and has no idea regarding how to handle players or tactic’s (even though we are fifth in the league).
    Pardew, Carver and Stone have worked wonders as far as I’m concerned and deserves so much credit for his part in turning this club around

• 32 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM

@magsFH ill give it to the players :D not the coaches. have you ever met any? lol lazy bastards haha. not met pardew like >.<

• 33 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

@ jackieB – only some people are arseholes. never fear though! im a pardew fan and backed him when we got him though! superpardewman!

• 34 MagpiesFlyHigh // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Spuggy – previous thread

I’ve never seen such a hard working NUFC team. We have a defence to be proud of (when we have been a joke in the past).

I’d totally agree with that but we’re still conceding too many goals to be a top 4 side.
    We’re 90% the way there in terms of back 4 though and injuries really affected our shape when Saylor got injured. We need cover here next season

• 35 boater // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Gorgonzola has a boner for Ben Arfa. We all have our favourite players and tactical views. I rate Ben Arfa – the potential at least – and would like to see him get more time in the future, but if you can’t put that to one side when things are finally stable and we’re exceeding all expectations to doff your cap it really does lack class.

• 36 Wor Demba // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Anybody know whats goin on with Raylor? Has he recovered from bruising or is he definately out of spurs game? If hes out how long for?

• 37 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

btw ed to use a title from when he signed as news is like me saying the sea is now officially wet… :S

• 38 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM

A realistic review of Pardews reign:

– He had a lot of crap to deal with when he arrived, including the Barton debacle. All handled with style and grace.
    – He has worked on such a tight budget yet him and his team have brought in some of the best players in recent years to be seen in a B&W shirt.
    – His work ethic – instilling in the team that they have to work hard in both attack and defence for 90 mins, and displaying their stats so each player can see how hard each other worked – genius.
    – His blend of solid defending and exciting attacking. This season we have seen some of the best goals in a long time, and enjoyed some great passing football at times.
    – He has got it wrong at times and he’s even admitted it openly. Inspite of this, he has a reputaion for being stubborn, I haven’t seen this myself.
    – His handling of the media is par excellence. He knows what to say when and always gives a balanced but not overly critical view on his players.

Is he Mourinho – no. Is he learning his trade and growing as a manager in top flight football – yes. Does he fit in with NUFC right now and handle MA and DL well – Definitely.

• 39 Thump // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I actually stopped reading the comments on the last article because I saw Gorgon’s post. He needs to give his head a shake like.

• 40 Diggedydaws // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Santon will be a fine, fine player, the lad’s a thorough bred, that’s why I think he struggles with lower league opposition in the cup, wey and B-Burn.
    Simmo is a good defender, his crossing needs improving but he’s a willing performer who put’s it all on the line for the club…week in week out, you’ll do for me kidda!

• 41 JackButler // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM

joppadoni – I’ll be the first to admit that I was left scratching my head when Pardew was given the job but from that point on he has won me over with the way that he has dealt with the job. We’ve lost four of our biggest players but I don’t think we’ve missed any of them in fact as a team and squad we are now stronger and he has maintained the team spirit at the club

• 42 billy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Bob on the subject of Simpson if you judge a player by the fact he cannot Tackle,dribble or head the ball then you are spot on about simpson being one of our worst players maybe if the guy could do his job he wouldnt need to do goal line clearances teams have sussed that the rightside is our weak spot.

• 43 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM

@ Bob and Billy

I’m just waiting for Bert to show up now.

• 44 boater // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Spuggy – I can’t argue with any of that.

As for England – I couldn’t give a monkeys. This may make me a traitor but I was actually hoping we lost in the WC. I couldn’t bare seeing the pampered haircuts and sleazy playboy yobs that are meant to represent us. I was supporting Ghana, Japan and Mexico instead.

• 45 Thump // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM

@billy: wow, how fast is Simmo to get from his marker to the goal line after bodged defending?

• 46 ~Papiss-Toon~ // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM

@38

Simmo’s positioning in the box is brilliant as well. Evident in both game’s against Manure where he cleared the ball off the line.

He just seem’s to have the instinct to get his body on the line when the opposition is in our box.

• 47 billy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Spuggy change your name then berts got to be better than that crap spuggy it sounds like an ailment!

• 48 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

i liked pardew like a hamster likes cats when he came in. but his attitude, debonaire, control and funkyness :D has changed me i have to admit. although this season isnt a surprise.. i want to be PARDEW :D yee i said it. lets move on

• 49 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

@ boater

Totally with you re: England. Bored with it all – I hate international breaks. I used to be a huge fan, but sick of the media, some of the players. We could not even clean the boots of Spain and it’s about time we admitted it.

• 50 Thump // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Am I the only one thinking we may have finally found bills-son’s father?

• 51 ted // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Aye simpson showed how good he is against Brighton

• 52 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Spuggy is a proud traditional geordie nod in the way of the excellent biker grove and Spuggy’s famous line : “but frasier man, I’ve got nee boobs”

A Classic, all true Geordies know that.

Yours,

Spuggy

• 53 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

@billy and bob. youre talking crap you flids. enough said arguement over

• 54 ash-out // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I simply cannot believe that there people who are seriously grumbling in regard to Pardew’s management of the club since he took over.
    After relegation and worries that if we didn’t come straight back we may go out of business, I would have thought absolutely everyone would have been over the moon to see us so high in the premier league and signing excellent players for reasonable fees. The squad is getting stonger all the time, we are reducing our debts and moving toward becoming self sustainable and not requiring financial assistance year on year which simply increases the clubs debt.
    We are in a great position. Enjoy the football and look forward to even better times.
    If you think Pardew is tactically inept and a liar whilst almost everyone in the country is touting him as manager of the year, you must be an sackless, gibbering, goon, who has no knowledge of football. Please go and support Manure if you are whinging att his point.

• 55 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

spuggy is mint, she got off with marcus if i rem correctly :D

• 56 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

@ Thump

Haha class.

Bills-son: He told me my father was dead.
    Billy: No, I AM YOUR FATHER (que…. john williams strings)

• 57 joppadoni // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM

yet ash-out…. you still use the name ash-out… guurrrr… durr

• 58 Doilatoon // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Mmmmm,lasagne :):):)

• 59 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Wibble

• 60 Level 7 Hero // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Going against the grain here but has Santon really been that good? I can’t see it myself.

He sooo young and been really really solid, I think that loan move to Cesena done him good like, getting him experience of not being in a team winning 4/5 matches.

No doubt he’s going to be good as Enrique, but at the minute he’s doing ok, not stand out for me.

I’m mean this seriously… when has he actually put in 1 cross from the left flank all season? Try and remember a cross… theres not 1. He always cuts inside then looses the ball (Maybe because he can’t cross on his left foot).

Great potential, but still very raw for me.

• 61 Gash // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM

@jackbutler
    Spot on lad. I think we all had serious misgivings about Pardew at first. But as you say, he has overseen the leaving of 4 “star” players and we haven’t really missed them. More importantly would we even have them back in the side seeing what their replacements have achieved….I think not.
    Slowly slowly and gradually we build on each little success until we are a top 4 team again and players who come here want to come to win things which is what will eventually happen if we keep following this path.

• 62 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM

@ Jopp

Inspite of having nee boobs.

• 63 JackButler // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

It tickles me that some people are STILL nit-picking when we are have a brilliant season.

These people must have been devastated when we didn’t sell anyone in January to give them something to bleat on about for the rest of the season.

Just enjoy where we are in the league and that for once the long term future looks very good

• 64 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Anyone think it’s time for a MA clanger, things are going way too well.

Iron statue of Barton outside the ground?

• 65 MagpiesFlyHigh // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM

@ joppadoni

Agree with most of your posts but
    PLEASE do not use the word ‘flid’.
    I’ve got a friend who was a thalidomide baby. She has tiny malformed arms, is really bright ( has a doctorate) and is one of the most cheerful positive people I know.

Billy and Bob, Bill-son, Brutoon, Matty, Indian etc., may be many ***** things but flid is not one of them.

• 66 Wor Shearer // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Never thought Pardew would be able to keep the dressing room together the way Hoots did, but he’s certainly proved me wrong.

I still think he can improve in certain areas, like 1st half tactics and a little with squad selection, but i’m only nitpicking.

Overall I’m very happy with Pards nowadays and hope he stays a while.

• 67 billy // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Nice one ted yes simpson is a disaster zone as a defender most people that watch football properly understand how inept the guy is of course you always have the social retards who dont have a clue about football and fool themselves that simpson can defend when he cannot.

• 68 toonincheek // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Santon – maybe not quite as good as Enrique was when he left, but Santon will only get better.
    Given a straight choice, I’d already choose Santon.

JackB @30
    Good managers (in any business) get the best out of their staff – that’s their primary role.
    If they do that (and assuming they have good staff, as AP does) then the manager just has to be right in deciding whose advice to follow.
    Wouldn’t matter if he was clueless about tactics, formations etc. (and I’m NOT saying he is!) but he makes the final decision on what to do.

The proof of the puddin’ is our league position.
    At the very least, AP has done that.

• 69 JackButler // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Bill and Ted’s excellent adventures in to grumpiness

• 70 Wor Shearer // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM

@billy

I agree in principle but I wouldn’t go as far as saying he’s a disaster. For starters his goal line awareness is only bettered by wor Krul, no outfield player makes goal line clearances like Simmo.

BUT, his tackling is pretty poor and he seems to get beaten a lot for someone with a fair amount of pace, one little trick and you’re past him. Also, he’s far too small to cause an aerial threat (defensively or attacking) , but you’ll tell me that’s not a FB’s job.

I wouldn’t be sad to see him go, imo. But if he was willing to be backup then i’d definitely keep him.

• 71 bob // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Dont just single Simpson out what about Williamson the big bulls knacker hes crap as well he gets out muscled out jumped he runs like hes shit hiself ive seen harder tackles going in at the post office on pension day.

• 72 ITUNDERASHELL // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Santon will be brilliant for us especially when he is playing in his best position, is it left or right? Once that has been sorted out we can then see if we need a left or right full back to occupy the space he has vacated.

• 73 martoon // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Spuggy @36. That was a well thought out post probably one of the best I have read on this blog.

• 74 martoon // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Sorry @38

• 75 lewytoon // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM

i think pardew has done really well, considering losing his star player so early in his reign. he has created the french revolution of the league and were sitting happy in 5th, 1 point off 4th place. some people don’t like him? tell me why, im sure if someone said to you we’ll be here at this point of the season, you’d laugh? yeah you would because of how unlikely it seemed, yet he’s done it so i don’t see why people are calling for him to be sacked.

however i am quite dissapointed at 3 cup exits under him so far as i hoped we were to win the f.a cup this year

• 76 Spuggy // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Cheers martoon.

WUM @ Billy, ted and bob (aka mackems)

• 77 roshan MAGPIE // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

it looks like Cardiff will take VUCKICK on loan deal good for the lad really need games under his belt

• 78 cyprus // Feb 9, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Interesting how people instinctively gang up with like-minded bloggers in order to attack others with whom they disagree. Goup-think mentality, the foundation of fascism…

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”. Voltaire

• 79 martoon // Feb 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Cyprus @78 – Try telling that to the PC brigade.

• 80 MUTINYbyLEMONS // Feb 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Best strike partnership since Les and Shearer. One of the best goal keepers in the league. Had best defence until Taylor got injured. One of the best midfeild pairing in Tiote and Cabaye and capable young players pushing them in Guthrie, Vuckic and Abeid. Stable financially. And ofcourse we are FIFTH in the league and fighting for EUROPE. If we forget about the way he did it, was Mike Ashley right to sack Chris Hughton so he could bring in Alan Pardew? (yes)

• 81 True-Geordie123 // Feb 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM

We have plenty of young potential in our youth ranks such as
    Abeid vuckic ferguson tavernier streete

• 82 Munster Mag // Feb 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Spuggy @ 38 – spot on my friend. However, there is NO WAY that Santon is i Enriques league – not yet anyway. On his day Enrique was unbeatable for a winger and was excellent going forward and had a brilliant understanding with Guti. There’s no way he’s in that league just yet, no way.

• 83 HKTP // Feb 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Santon has been very impressive since he came into the team. Pardew said there were aspects of his game which he needed to improve when he arrived, glad to see him put his head down and do this. He has been caught out of position and dispossessed a few times but overall he has done very well. He cleans up fairly well and seems excellent in attack. When he gets the ball in an advanced position, you just know he will send in a decent cross or make a good pass.
    Same can’t be said of the other side, I don’t rate Simpson at all. He has poor positioning, reads the game terribly and can’t cross properly. It’s his pace and his team mates which have got him out of trouble. I’ve lost count of the times he has been caught out. Against the top opponents you expect him to get found out, but he looked all at sea against Brighton.
    I hope we can move Santon to RB and get PIeters in at LB. Get another quick, strong CB and I think that would be a great platform to build on.

previous post: Mike Ashley In Newcastle To Discuss Transfers And Players’ Contracts

next post: Papiss Cisse – We Can Go To Spurs With Confidence