Ryan Taylor To Resume Training On Monday

It’s really good news that the ankle injury Ryan Taylor sustained against Aston Villa, in our 2-1 win, has not turned out to be serious.

Ryan Taylor – resumes training on Monday

Ryan injured the ankle of the leg he broke at Wigan, so as you could see on the field there was a lot of precaution by the medics to ensure no further damage was done to the leg, as he was being taken off the field.

But at the time it looked a really serious injury,  with his leg in a cast as he was being stretchered off, and he could have been out for the season.

But after X-rays and scans were carried out, there was no break and no ligament damage to the leg, and although there was a huge bruise on the ankle, it seems to have cleared up well, and  Ryan will return to full training this Monday.

Ryan has been working with the physios at Newcastle since the injury a week last Sunday, and this is what he told the Newcastle web-site about the injury:

“I’ve had a few tough days with Hendo – Dave Henderson, the  Newcastle physio –  but I’ve come through with no problems so I am hoping to be back in training with the lads on Monday morning,”

“I’m itching to be back if I’m honest because there’s nothing worse than being out injured.”  “It wasn’t anywhere near as bad as first feared, thankfully. I went off and there was a lot of precaution being took to make sure that I was fine.”

“When they took my sock off, the lump that stuck out of the side of my leg was quite worrying, But after X-rays and scans it has settled down nicely and, touch wood, I’ll be fine.”

“If we had a game this weekend then I might have been touch and go, but this way I can concentrate on next week now and I know I can be right,”

“So it’s nice for me, whereas for some players that might not be the case. I don’t feel like I have to rush back.”

As we mentioned yesterday Ryan Taylor has been one of the success stories of the season so far, and we expect the Liverpool born player to get a starting position in the team to face Wolves, in what is another important game for Newcastle.

We didn’t expect to get anything out of the last game at Spurs, but there again we didn’t expect to get hammered either, but we do expect to be able to secure all 3 points at home against a side who are perennially fighting relegation.

Having Cheick Tiote and Yohan Cabaye  back and having the two humble assassins – Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse up front – should surely be too much for a mediocre Wolves side.

A win is what we need and a win will raise the spirits of the Newcastle fans,  after that walloping we took  in our last game.

Howay The Lads!!

• Toon in Nairobi

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM

get in Over the wall

• Indian Magpie

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM

in my side he would be at right back only, makes the best of his ability

• jesperfuglsang

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM

In my side, which by no means is a 4-4-2, he would make the bench. I don’t believe in playing people out of position so I would finf it hard to fit him in.

Nice bloke and a model professional non the less. Hardly a success story in my eyes, but that’s another discussion 😉

• pbNcl

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I thought it was a shame bout mick mcarthy like, I know he was employed by the unwashed but Ill not hate on him like big daft judas nose, steve ”not a clue” bruce. I liked mick’s interviews, never spoke a word of bull

• pbNcl

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM

as for raylor. another integral cog. top bloke

• roshan MAGPIE

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

i agree with you INDIAN he can defend like simpson and can pass the baLL or cross it better than simpson

• pbNcl

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

his goals against sunderland and everton were top drawer like

• Indian Magpie

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Ben arfa’ s goals have been good, no flukes, he does not get into the side

• markmac

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I think simpsons biggest problem is his lack of composure, he always looks panicky on the ball, he knows where the goal line is though !!

• toonincheek

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM

pbNcl – absolutely no sympathy for McCarthy.

He had Wolves set up to play physical agressive football to try to intimidate the opposition. Gave them licence to kick – that’s what led to HBA getting injured.
    De Jong wanted to intimidate him.

Not saying he meant to break his leg, but even if he got the ball first, still dangerous play IMO.