Newcastle Club A Lot More Stable – It’s Nice Now

Ryan  Taylor has certainly done his share of the interview duties this week, and he’s been interviewed once again on the Newcastle web-site.

Ryan Taylor – taking one of those free kicks

Ryan has had a great season, and  he has 26 appearances for Newcastle with two great goals this season, and since he joined just over three years ago from Wigan Athletic, he’s played 80 times with 9 great goals for Newcastle.

Given Ryan only played 8 times last season – but still scored 2 goals – he’s pleased to play some games again after being out for quite a while last season with an ankle injury.

And Ryan even thinks things have calmed down at the club, after all the messy stuff that went on in September of 2008, when Kevin Keegan left the club and Newcastle did most things wrong, and it all ended up that we were finally relegated to the Championship.

One of the real low points of Newcastle United was in the summer of 2009 – it was a very painful period for Newcastle fans.

This is what Ryan had to say today:

“I think I’m in the top five for longest-serving players here, which is ridiculous! That’s how much things have changed,”  “Managers have come and gone, but it’s nice now.”

“Things have settled down a lot more on and off the pitch, the Club is a lot more stable now, and the team we have got it fantastic. I’m just made up to be a part of it.”

“When we went down the main thing was just to get back up, and then after that we wanted to just establish ourselves back in the Premier League.”

“We had a great squad in that Championship season and a lot of big players who got us back up. A few have obviously moved on, but the team has gone from strength to strength.”

“We are talking about Europe now, but two years ago it wasn’t on the radar. Maybe on a five or ten-year plan it was, but these things happen and thankfully it is happening for us now.”

“It’s been a great season for me this year. I think I’ve started something like 24 games and chipped in with a few goals and assists too,” “Other than my recent one, it’s just been nice to stay injury-free and playing regularly.”

“It’s what I’ve needed for a long time. In the past I’ve had some bad injuries, which have stopped me from playing and were not really my own fault.”

“But it has been a dream season for me and the team so far and long may it continue.”

It’s a good question as to which position is Ryan’s best position,  since he started the season at left back, but now he’s being used on the opposite side of the field out on the right wing – how’s that for versatility.

We expect Ryan to be on the right wing a week tomorrow  against Wolves, when Newcastle will hope they are able to get back on track with a win at home, after the disaster that happened at White Hart Lane last Saturday.

• gonz

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Hope in the wolves match we give HBA a start. Try putting him on the left and move Jonas to the right. I think that’ll be better for HBA as Simpson has a terrible cross and he’ll do better with Jonas covering the positions he should be in.

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Sorry for Ryan,
    Great goal Vs Sunderland and all, great work rate and professionalism, but if the team is to kick on then he won’t be ‘made to be part of it’

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Gonz….And Guti’s crossing from the right will be?

Definitely more cover for simmo though

• gonz

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

——————————-Krul————————————–
    Taylor/Simpson—Willo———–Colo————-Santon—

————————–Tiote—-Cabaye—————————–

HBA/Jonas——————————————–HBA/Jonas
    ——————————–Ba—Cisse—————————–

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Gonz, of course I agree regarding you know who. In fact, I hope he gets a start and a finish, that he is not substituted after 1st half for a misplaced pass or two. Look at Gerrard, 50% pass completion (he’s a detriment to them right now) and he still plays. Not to name some of our players.

• gonz

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM

@Ibizatoon,

a little better than Simpson’s! very little, but a slight improvement. I just want HBA in the team when I’m at St. James’ and I want to be entertained. We should go at Wolves with all the attacking threats we have to expose them and we really need to improve our GD.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Agreed….We should have the firepower to overrun Wolves and if it’s not working we can always revert back

• VanToonMan

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM

This is one game…(at home to Wolves!)….where we can be a bit more attacking and really aim to take the game by the scruff….so with that in mind….this is my team:

———————————–Krul————————————

Simpson—————Willo————Collo————-Santon

Ryan Taylor———-Cabaye———Tiote————-HBA

————————–Ba——————Cisse———————

Thoughts guys?

• gonz

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I’m guessing that Simpson isn’t in Pardews or Ashley’s team next season. We should drop him and try Raylor at RB. He should be rewarded with his performances playing at LB/CM/RM and given a go in a more natural position for him. Simpson just wonders about and can not pass the ball. He’s kept us in the game quite a few times with his goal line clearances, but that seem’s to be it.

• JackButler

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I would with HBA to start on the left and Ralyor on the right as Jonas needs to sit out a few games as he’s run himself into the ground this season

• drongo

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

@ cyprus – spot on – start and a finish for 2-3 games…. we’d see a different player in my view.

As for misplaced passes… Perch against spurs anyone….?

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I think that’s probably the formation will go with Van Toon…except Pardew will probably go Gutti instead of HBA. I’d like to see…

Krul

Simmo – Willo – Collo – Santon

Cabaye – Tiote

Gutti – HBA – Ba

Cisse

Why use the wingers in this game. Pass and destroy them. Cabaye and Tiote should (That’s a should) be able to drop back and help cover any wing attacks from wolves

• gonz

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I agree with that team VanToonMan! Only difference to my team would be to drop Simpson and put Raylor at RB and Jonas on the right! But, you have HBA in the team and that pleases me.

• SuperShearer

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Sorry, don’t see HBA starting against Wolves. They’re a very physical side and that is one area which HBA has struggled to adapt to the league. I hope I’m wrong but I think AP will not start him but bring of Cisse or Ba for him in the second half.

• wynsleap

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Yeah Ed – You’re right – we ARE a stable club.
    We have some superb throughbreds and some willing workhorses.
    Unfortunately we also have a donkey who should have been put out to grass years ago. (No prizes for guessing).

• VanToonMan

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I like your formation too Ibiza…I just feel that Ba would be better up top. I know he played out on the left in germany and at times for west ham….but he is so prolific in goal scoring whether it be poaching or any other way at the moment that i think he has got to be up to and more central than further out left.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM

VanToon…so swap Ba and HBA? or would you prefer:

________Tiote________
    Gutti___Cabaye___HBA
    _____BA____Cisse____

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Probably a complete waste of our time this….99.9% sure it’ll be a 4-4-2

• gonz

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I don’t even want to talk about Perch! People on here were talking as if he was amazing. The Spurs game just goes to show you he isn’t EPL material. He’s just not that good. Even during the Villa game people were raving about him, but they failed to see it was him why Keane scored, Perch was on him and he let him go. Also, during that match right at the end he let Gardner run straight passed him who nearly got a late equalizer with that header. Perch shouldn’t be on the bench. I’d rather Abeid given the chance, he’s young, talented and hungry for an opportunity to prove he’s ready to play. I’ve seen him a few times for the reserves and he looks the part.

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM

@12,
    Don’t usually agree with your posts but your line up there is spot on

• VanToonMan

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Ibiza….Yep swap HBA and Ba….and I would leave Guti on the bench for this one and put Raylor in…guti for me only provides defensive duties now and has lost his attacking abilities. So he would be on bench for me in this kind of game which seems a lot ‘easier’

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Good points @19

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

@ Cyprus 20 – Why thank you…Are my posts usually off then?

• Toon Tang

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM

me
    me me me me
    me me me me
    me me

my team for if i ever wanted to win a couple world cups , maybe the odd champions league

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Van Toon,
    statistically Guti has done the most running than any other player in the PL – that is something to be proud of- so he must play, even though all that baby sitting has impacted on his attacking flair. till, wasn’t it he who passed all the wolves defence to score? didn’t he score the other great goal when HBA scored?

• gonz

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I have to say of late Jonas has played better going forward then going backwards. Remember last month in the Cup game he scored from a terrific run into the box and nicely dinked it over Robinson to score the winner, and let’s not forget he crossed it in for Cisse to score with unbelievable tekkers against Villa. Jonas deserves to be in the team. But, you’re right, he’s ran his socks off and may need a rest.

• gonz

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

HAHA Cyprus @25/26 comments

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Ibizza,
    maybe I’m wrong there, is it you who place people in neat groups for and against? I just don’t like it when there are frenzy attacks on some bloggers for having a different opinion. Again, apologies if I’m wrong and it’s not you 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I normally would start Gutti…but he has looked a little run down lately. Although they will have just had a 2 week break

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Gonz, you reading my mind!?? 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM

for and against certain opinions? Don’t believe so…might be how it comes across though. I try and stay neutral, however I have been known to be somewhat arrogant at times 🙂

Apologies if that has been the case

• Tubai

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

So many of u want HBA to start but still pardew is reluctant to give him a start even at home against lower ranked teams he is just so obsessed with his 442 that he doesn’t cares about fan’s perceptions. Still i am putting up my best team for the wolves game _ krul_r.taylor_colo_willo_santon_ben arfa_cabaye_tiote_jonas_ba_cisse what do you all think? Please respond

• Irie-Magpie

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

@Ibiza 12, 4-2-3-1 definately the way we should play, this formation has positives all over it’! i would however i would drop Simpson and but Raylor in there.

• Tubai

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Anyways,
    This place is always buzzing and I guess that’s the beauty of it. Sometimes it gets out of hand, but what the hell, that’s life and that’s passion for you. I wonder if Ed has a quiet laugh about all of this. Unless you are a secret blogger here Ed 😉

• jonnymcdonald

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM

We need to play like we hve 13 cup finals???

A hope not, with our track record in cup finals!

Think a return for beni is in order! Need creativity!

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Irie…seems to give us the best of options tbh and as I said before…if Wolves are dominating us, we can always revert with ease back to Pardew’s tried and tested 4-4-2.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Cyprus…i’m sure you’re right…Edd must have a jolly good time reading some of the bickering that goes on here…it looks like we sometimes forget we all support the same team 🙂

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Tubai, see formation @12

• Ibizatoon

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Jonny…cup finals? When did we last make it to a final? I’m with you…let’s not even begin to compare these games to cup games….disaster looms 😉

1 2 3 5