Alan Pardew Says Newcastle In Good Shape

Alan Pardew has talked to the press today, and has said Newcastle are in good shape.

Alan Pardew – Newcastle in good shape

And Alan was asked today about the taking down of the St. James’ Park signs by the workmen last Thursday,  who used crow-bars to take those sacred black letters off the wall.

And news yesterday that twelve MPs appealed to the Newcastle United club to reconsider their decision to change the name of  St. James’ Park to the Sports Direct Arena, named after owner Mike Ashley’s company.

Alan was asked about the name change today, and he had this to say:

“That changed a while ago – it’s the product on the pitch that’s important.”

“They might be upset beforehand about taking the signs down, and I can understand that from a fans point of view.”

“They trust the players, and they know they’re going to get a performance out of them.” “I think we’re in good shape.”

“And it’s important that we put in a performance that justifies where we are in the division.”

“I’ll pick my best team – that’s vital now.”

Of course Pardew is not involved in the naming of St. James’ Park and his job is completely on the playing side, and he will be hoping to get the lads back on track against Wolves.

It doesn’t look like Wolves will have time to appoint a manager before the game kicks off at 3:00 pm on Saturday afternoon.

Assistant manager Terry Connor will be in charge of Wolves for the game, and it seems those still in with a chance to become the new Wolves manager include  Steve Bruce, Ray Wilkins, Ian Holloway, Lee Clark, and Roy Keane.

Alan will be able to field a very strong side for Saturday’s game with Cheick Tiote, Yohan Cabaye and Ryan Taylor all available again, and Newcastle are still in great shape in the league with a win taking us to 45 points, which is  just one point behind last season’s grand total,  and we would still have 12 games to play.

As we said, we’re still in great shape in the league, and a win will surely put the smiles back on Newcastle fans’ faces, after the Tottenham mauling.

That’s what we are hoping for. 😀

• JackButler

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM

And so the HBA debate is about to begin

• tomtoon7

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM

its true we are in good shape,possibility of European football next season is just TOONTASTIC!! With a few needed additions,heres hopin 4an even better season.HWTL

• JackButler

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM

If we can get through the summer without loosing anyone of note and add three or four Carr Specials we will have a squad to rival any we’ve had for a very long time

• tomtoon7

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM

would love 2c more of Ben arfa on the pitch rather than just readin negativity on ere.With ryan taylor at right back i feel that wud allow HBA 2b his creative best!!HWTL

• planb's revenge

• JackButler

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Tsunki – Yes mate, you left out Perch being useless 😉

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Jack

Do you really think we could get through the summer without losing anyone of note? 😐 Can’t see it to be honest. How we replace them is what’s important.

• JackButler

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM

TDS – Yes mate I think we can, if we were fighting relegation or even to get into the top ten in the league then yeah, I think we’d lose players but seeing as we are close to a European spot I think we can keep our best players, but at the same time I think our recent signings have shown us that we are capable of replacing players if need be

• spitfire_

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:36 PM

@ Tsunki

Be more grateful to Pardew. Yes he made many tactical mistakes but at least the club is there where belongs. Chelsea, Liver-pool and Arsenal have bad season but nevertheless the club is much above the expectations before the first kick of the season. He may not be tactical genius but at least he works to our team.

• tomtoon7

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I dont think we’ll lose ANY of our top players,why wud they consider leavin(dont say higher wages)as at the TOON they must realise we’re buildin an excellent Young squad that playin at their best,we can beat the top teams.HWTL

• Tsunki

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:38 PM

JackButler – yes sorry and the phrase should have been ‘ Perch is championship quality at BEST’!
    Who we keep and more importantly who we sign all depends on how we end the season. The run in is crucial and we need to hold it together and it would be magic to pull off a couple of good results against the scousers and citeh. That would make the hot prospects turn their heads toward us.

• Tsunki

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Spitfire – all those comments were jokes mate 🙂 other posters will tell you I don’t do the bashing, there’s really very little wrong going on at the moment imho

• Colo-Sus

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Tsunki

Yes you left ou

-Tsunki is a complete fool.

Pardew should be sacked……Oh my word, please back this up….

=========Krul=========
    Rylor=Colo===Wilo=Santon
    HBA==Tiote==Cabaye=Jonas
    ======Ba===Cisse======

Best team in my opinion, Raylor gives assurances defensivley,

Ben Arfa has to put a massive shift in if he plays…

• JackButler

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Tsunki comments we tongue in cheek and not serious lads

• spitfire_

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

@ Tsunki

Sorry mate. I don’t know does my english is appalling or I just don’t get what you wrote.

• SurefootedShola

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Pardew: “I will play my best team, that’s vital now.”

Look out, we’ve got a Mensa candidate on our hands!

• martoon

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Tsunki – don’t worry some of us do understand satire. Plus you miss out:
    MA is a FCB
    Change the name back to SJP
    AP is tactically inept

• chris_g

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I agree with Tsunki, but he forgot to mention that Ameobi is really really LAZY. Everybody knows how useless he is, but has anybody else (apart from Brutooon and me) noticed how LAZY he is?

• Cheick and Bake

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:14 PM

You missed .. sell danny simpson and buy either nagatoma or rafinha .. some people live in cookoo land

• Thump

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Perch will be sold in the summer Marseille I reckon. Smith off to Barca.

• Indian Magpie

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM

i dont like pardew bcoz of double standards he sets for the likes of HBA and Ameobi and perch

• Cheick and Bake

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Shut up indian …

• Indian Magpie

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM

i will write what i feel like

• djchrisanders

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM

@Tsunki

Think your tongue in cheek comments flying straight over a few heads here

😉

• Charlietoon

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM

It will be

……………………..Krul
    Simpson…Willo…Collo…Santon
    Raylor….Tiote…Cabaye….Jonas
    …………..Cissse….Ba

There is your team for Saturday no doubt what so ever.
    Bench – Hatem, Obertan, Guthrie, Perch, Elliot

• ToonHeart

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I really want to see HBA play with Cisse!

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Indian

How has HBA got anything to do with Perch? You think we should play Ben Arfa in a holding midfield role?

And if your suggesting Perch doesn’t work hard enough, then I would question if you actually watch the games or not?

• Tsunki

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Djchrisanders. – do you really think so? :):):)

Martoon – ha ha I forgot those pearls. I guess I’ll go down in history now as penpals with planb brutooon etc 🙂

On topic, I think AP is correct although a bit obvious now his core players are back. I am looking forward optimistically as ever to the run in and once we have swept wolves aside like training bollards I can’t wait til noon sunday week! I am thinking Pards tactics might change to a more static back line to watch for the mackems going at us on the break. Cut out sessegnon and larsson and the rest are leg-snapping neanderthals. And Cattermole – why???

• Owldman

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Tsunki go to the doctors & get your medication changed whatever your taking is addling your brains

• matias

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I Agree with Colo-Sus on the best line up. Next Sat would be perfect opportunity to test this.

• Widowmaker

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Ooops

Products on the pitch?

Mr. Pardew, I am happy with the table, but the football? Second rated.

• Tsunki

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Oops backtracked accidentally and got here by mistake only to see your incisive wit, Owldman. Don’t know how I offended you but I apologise for compelling you to come onto the blog just to give me a rake over. I shall indeed visit my general medical practitioner and ask him to give me something strong enough to prevent me from surviving long enough to become an Owldman. How’s that?

😉