Top Newcastle Youngster Hoping To Return Soon

It seems that Sammy Ameobi thinks he will be back soon for the Newcastle side this season.

Sammy Ameobi – hopes to return soon

Sammy injured his knee in a Newcastle Reserve game against Wigan on 10th January, and at the time this is what a club spokesman said about the injury:

“Sammy Ameobi will be sidelined for a period of time, likely to be a number of months, as a result of an injury sustained in the reserves’ win over Wigan.”

Since it’s been only 45 days since the injury,  it would be a surprise if  he’s anywhere near a return to training, but the 19 year-old thinks he’s at least ahead of schedule.

It’s  a pity Sammy was injured,  as he had looked good out on the right wing for Newcastle,  and he’s made 13 appearances this season with 10 of those being in the tough Premier League.

The 19-year-old 6’2″ winger has come on a ton this season, and he was recently capped at the England U21 level, much  like his older brother Shola was, early in his career.

But Sammy looks like he will turn into a better player than his bother, and he had this to say today on the Newcastle United web-site about how hes coming along:

“I’m walking without crutches now, which is good and I think we’re ahead of schedule,”   “There’s still a bit of swelling there so I’m just waiting for that to go down before I can really push on. But it shouldn’t be too long.”

“It has been quite frustrating because I was playing well before I got injured, and everything was going well. It was a big set-back but I’m just going to have to bounce back and that’s my plan.”

“When the injury first happened I found it really tough to watch the team, knowing I was going to be out for a while. But I’ve got used to it now and I’m just trying to stick to the positives. Hopefully I’ll be back soon.”

“I’ve watched all the games. We’re doing well, which is great, and hopefully I can be a part of that once I’m back.”  “I’m gutted that I won’t be a part of the Sunderland game.

“It’s a massive game for everyone involved with the Club, obviously because they are just over the road.”  “It’s a local derby and a big blow for me not to experience that, but hopefully we can go out and get a win, which is the most important thing.”

Maybe the best Sammy can hope for is to maybe be fit again around early April, and Newcastle still have eight league games to play in April and May,  before the season ends early on 13th May, because of the European Championships.

Sammy is one of the top youngsters at the club along with Haris Vuckic, James Tavernier, Mehdi Abeid and Shane Ferguson, and we’re hoping at least two of those youngsters will have long careers in the Newcastle first team.

But it’s also such a difficult thing to predict which youngsters will actually make it – and we’re still shocked that Hungarian Tamas Kadar didn’t make it on Tyneside.

We hope it will be different for some of those other lads, and it will be great to see Sammy back in action – maybe in about six weeks time?

Comments welcome.

• planb's revenge

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM

get him fit and loan him out. needs playing time elsewhere before our first team

• Brutooon

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Hope he DONT follow his brother’s footsteps – Because Shola Ameobi is SHIT

• planb's revenge

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM

brutooon
    how do you pronounce your username?
    is it b r e w like special brew?
    or c u n t as in brutooon is a……

• planb's revenge

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

and im sure he means follow his footsteps and become a regular first team member. not to play exactly the same. any excuse to abuse him isn’t it?

• planb's revenge

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM

except it doesn’t mention anything about following in footsteps lol. he’s still very different to shola

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM

stuart

“How many times have newcastle came out 2nd half and were totally s..t. ”

Well seeing as we’ve been much better in the second half – both in points and in performance – in almost every single game this season, I’d say that argument is fairly flawed.

The Fulham & Wolves games are probably the only one I can think of where our performance has been been worse in the second half, all season.

Do you seriously think that Pardew is just randomly coming out and saying the players are nervous? Do you not think he may have thought stuff through? If Pardew is good at one thing it’s motivating his players.

• Toon_Tom

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM

TDS > AGREED!!!!

• AMEOBI

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Brutooon how come i knew that comment was coming?

• martoon

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Love the typo ‘he will turn into a better player than his bother’, I think a few here would say that the problem is he is not bothered 🙂 Before you have a go planb’s revenge I actually think Shola is still a good squad player who can be a handful for a lot of defences. I think he is one of those players who is too good for the championship but not quite good enough for Premiership a la Chopra! Hopefully Sammy will not fall into this category!

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM

AMEOBI

I’m wondering if he’s actually a real person. Maybe it’s just a bot, programmed to post nonsense about Ameobi.

He doesn’t reply to anyone, only posts about one topic, rarely makes sense, and never joins in with conversation.

It all makes sense!

• planb's revenge

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM

@6
    well said. pardew is a good man manager and doesn’t take crap from his players. look how bad tevez is. pardew wouldn’t play him because he’s gotta bad attitude.
    seems most of our lads are on the straight and narrow. of not they’ll probably be shipped out. can’t see ranger playing in a toon shirt again. not unless he makes big changes

• AMEOBI

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM

TDS, haha really needed summit to laugh at today mind, cheers..
    A bot hahaha ee lad quality

• AMEOBI

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Anyone for a game on F.U.T xbox soon?

• Indian Magpie

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM

i think Ferguson is much better than Ameobi, both of them

• planb's revenge

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM

martoon i won’t have a go at you. you made a sensible well worded comment which furthered discussion. brutooon is an uber troll. or a bot as tds says lol

• AMEOBI

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM

IM,
    Ferguson and Sammy fighting for LW that sounds great to me

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM

gorgon

I was so confused – Assumed it’d be about Sunderland!

Indian

Yeah, the lad has got a lot of quality. I think Sammy could be decent too – but 19 is a really bad age to get a massive injury, just when he’s developing and getting some first team chances.

It seems like we’ll have Santon at RB and Ferguson at LB next season. Pardew & Ferguson have both said that his position is now LB, and Pards doesn’t seem bothered about Simpson’s contract.

• planb's revenge

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM

@15 i have a lot of time for Diane Ferguson. i see him as pushing first team in a season or two

• kevymartins

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Here’s a fun thing to think about …if you ask every1 in st.james park to give you 1p each you will end up with 5 thousand 300 pound 5,300 @D

• JackButler

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Find it strange that Pardew see’s Fergie as a full back rather than a winger? When I’ve seen the lad play on the wing he looks like a really prospect but I think he’s too light weight to play as full back

• Rocknstrolla

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Take your time Sammy! 1 donkey iz enuf

• Indian Magpie

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM

awesome Gorgonzola,

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Jack

I know what you mean, it’s an odd one. I guess that’s just part of Pardew’s vision for the team.

There’s an interview with Ferguson on .co.uk from when the team were in Tenerif, and Ferguson said that the reason he hasn’t been involved in the first team is because Pardew sent him away to bulk up and work on his strength.

• Indian Magpie

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Toon down South @ 24

Pardew has a vision? surely wont be 6/6 😉

• planb's revenge

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM

supposed to say shane. bloody touch pad phone

• jesperfuglsang

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

If AP would just stop playing Ameobi when he has other and better options, then Brutooon wouldn’t keep slagging him off…

It’s just too easy. And if you all would just stop commenting on it, then it would slowly fade away…

Myself, I think it’s funny – funny because there is some truth to it 😉 lol

• Indian Magpie

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

planb’s revenge@ 26

we are not pardew, we got it, atleast i did

• JackButler

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM

TDS – Yeah I read that too, just think he will offer more in an attacking role than in a defensive one

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

jesper

To be fair he’s barely played this season, except when Ba was away. In which case I wouldn’t call Lover a better option!

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Jack

But isn’t that impossible? What with Pardew being the most defensive coach in the world? (;

• jesperfuglsang

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM

TDS

For me he is.

But then again if you don’t have enough forwards to field two, then don’t.

A lesson AP just won’t learn.

I’ll repost something from earlier today. One sec. 🙂

• jesperfuglsang

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Repost

My professor at the Aarhus School of Architecture ones told me doing projects; kill your darlings!

Meaning, that the idea itself might be good, but in its context it didn’t really do any good for the project as a whole.

So Pardew, a little advise even though I am no PL Manager – when it comes to tactics and your beloved 4-4-2, remember “kill your darlings”!

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Krul’s in the squad for the game against England on Wednesday!

Chuffed for the lad, but I do hope we show some desire to keep him!

• planb's revenge

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM

jesper
    i don’t think ameobi is a terrible option to have as backup really. and brutooon is not funny to most of us, just annoying.
    jail for ashley is funny. a lot more inventive too. he also contributes something to this blog unlike brutooon.

• Indian Magpie

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM

;(

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Personally I think it’s a bloody miracle we got a single point with Ba & Tiote away – and Cabaye as well.

The cup defeat was unacceptable to be honest, but who of us actually has any expectations of this club in cups any more? I would genuinely kill for a decent cup run!

• JackButler

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM

TDS – Awww, your right I forgot about that 😉

• Indian Magpie

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM

any of you watch 2 and 1/2 men or big bang theory

• jesperfuglsang

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM

planb that may all be true and all, but I still find Brutooon funny as hell sometimes – it’s funny ’cause he winds you all up sometimes. 🙂

We all have different options regarding Ameobi my friend – to my he’s chronically injured and shouldn’t play. He cannot run at full speed anymore and seems reluctant to chase the ball anymore.

Partly the reason why HBA hasn’t come through this season it because he has had both Ameobi and Best in front of him…no movement at all.

When there is no movement at all you loose the ball and you don’t create anything.

But hi, that’s just my opinion!

1 2 3 5