Who Was Newcastle’s Best Player Against Wolves?

Let us know who you think was Newcastle’s best player against Wolves in the disappointing 2-2 draw this afternoon at St. James’ Park.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Wolves?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Barras

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM

@steve

Wow I honestly have a lot of sympathy for you right now, that is such bad luck considering we were 2-0 up at home after 20 minutes.

@ (Everyone who replied to my comment)

I’m glad to see you all take that stance after those comments from Pardew that’s why I wanted to post his quotes, I think its shocking, that is a defeatist attitude.

I think we have done brilliantly to be 6th this season, and I think Pardew has done a superb job, but at the minute were declining rather than improving. So either Pardew changes his management style, and first 11 selection. Or we desperately need to change management before its too late.

• nufc786

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

so

• t00ntime

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

cisse or santon no doubt… jonas was good for hmm 5seconds…

• roshan MAGPIE

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

ben ARFA should have started in place of RAYLOR because if PARDEw IS not going to give him game time then how can he be match fit ever

• MacToon

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Hard choice (again) today.

• Crawfordladd17

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Kevin Doyle was man of the match

• steve

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Haha tell me about it, you get used to losing when gambling but this one hurts 🙁

Might send my betting slip to pardew and get him to pay up.

• spitfire_

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Pardew was the best man.

• toonruz

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM

just got in from the match and for me ben arfa is playing out of position , he needs to be playing on the left and jonas on the right , and prdew tactics are wrong again

• toonruz

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

pardew not prdew

• Barras

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

@steve

Haha agreed! They ruined my accumulator today as well but I only put small ones on for small returns (£30-60 returns). Plus That accumulator would of failed anyway. I have another one running at the minute though, and its doing well 4/8 teams have already won. I think you should send that straight Williamson rather than Pardew pahaahah.

• Indian Magpie

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Danny guthrie was poor

• toonruz

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

tiote was man of the match for me today he was all over the place

• steve

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Were at a vital point in the season and the result next week will tip the scales big time. Win and I am sure we will kick on to Europa Cup. Draw and we will most likely end up 7th, closer to 8th than Euro. Lose and I fear the worst, low morale and some tough games mean we could go a few games without a win.

• davybtoon

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Well. That was crap Simpson n Williamson r not good enough, pardew needs to drop Simpson ASAP for rtaylor switch jonas to the ryt n hba on the left 3 simple changes sort it

• t00ntime

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM

@toonruz where was he playing :S he came on for a striker and guthrie was on the wing :S ben arfa went on to the wing when shola came on and looked better… cisse never shud of been taken off :S he was our best striker shud of stayed 4-4-2 and benny shud of came on for either winger

• Indian Magpie

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Ben arfa, i thought was trying so hard that, it was looking bad for him

i know i will be shot down

• toonruz

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

williamson is shirt

• steve

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

No barras i’m sending Williamson his P45 !

• toonruz

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

williamson is shit not shirt my stupid phone

• nufc90

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

toonruz agree with you about ben arfa.. think he’ll get more joy down the left as he always looks to cut in from the right (bit too predictable). would’ve played obertan from the right today or brought him on, i thought he would have had an impact.

if we beat the scum this result will be forgotten but we need to kick on, hope AP gave them the hairdryer behind closed doors

• toonruz

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

he needs his p45

• MacToon

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Crawfordladd17 @ 6, I agree 🙁

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

davy

I’m not sure Raylor would do any better to be honest. Our defence is just dreadful. Williamson, in my opinion, just isn’t top half standard.

I did think Santon was fantastic today, both in attack and defence. Made a brilliant run in behind the fullback and got wrongly judged offside at one point.

• AussieToon

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

We need to have a team that can play 433 and adapt to 451 and 343 when the time needs.

We need a better right back, better right mid and left mid.

………………KRUL
    ______ COLLO _______ SANTON
    ……CABAYE TIOTE ________
    ….BEN ARFA BA CISSE

Then we need a manager that can enforce this to the players. Instruct Krul to play the ball out from defense and NEVER bomb forward that gives possession to the opposition.

At home, we have the ball, we pass, we move, we attack. If we start to get pinned back we drop more numbers into the midfield and hold possession for 3 – 5 minutes, swing momentum and tempo back with us, then launch again.

We look at teams like Wolves and say we will try and win 5 nil. If we score early we maintain the rage and keep at them. Teams like that crumble under pressure. They do not have the skill or guile to respond.

Unfortunetly most supporters on here think having a go at Pardew is jsut for the sake of it and think I take enjoyment out of it. Unfortunetly I have seen football from all over the world. I may be born in Australia yet I have travelled the world watching football and have a coaching licence. I see the Bundesliga as a very enjoyable league, and think tactics engrained by the Dutch should be utilised more in England. Here in Australia, it is starting too. No longer do we hire England hoof ball managers, our juniors right through play a more continental style.

We want Newcastle to play Europe? First get in a manager who understands what Europe will be like.

• nufc mad man

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

i want to see ferguson at LW jonas RW and raylor RB for the next game

• Brutooon

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Kevin Doyle is definitely MOTM

can we sign Doyle and Jarvis?

• nufc90

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

and whenever williamson runs he looks like he’s running through quick sand and so nervous.. ideal buy would be vertonghen in summer but can’t see it after his performance vs man utd

• tomtoon7

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

SO SO SO disappointin result from wot should’ve been surely a must win game. Bring on the Mackems!HWTL

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

MacToon

Were you at the match? On TV sounded like it may have honestly been the most silent SJP I’ve heard.

• Indian Magpie

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I am not saying it wll be done, but i think santon will be amazing at ryt back, he could cross the ball, he looks good at lft back

• toonruz

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

nufc90
    pardew is really pissing me of with his neggative tactics , cisse should of stayed on the pitch with ben arfa in the same team ,

• toonruz

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:01 PM

at least the scum got stuffed

• nufc90

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM

yeah i know same and the whole making subs at a set piece.. that’s schoolboy stuff. have to look with perspective though we’re still doing quality, upsetting everyone’s expectations with us and hopefully pardew will learn from his mistakes. wolves were definitely there for the taking at 2-0 though we coulda pushed on just needed to show the desire

• ToonDownSouth

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Hahaha. That’s bloody brilliant. Great that it got some news coverage as well.

• AussieToon

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quite honestly, that coffin thing is a disgrace. A few fans ego thinking they represent the fan.

Whilst changing the name of St James Park is wrong, the “death” is wrong. It will never die whilst the fans are around. This was a bad move by some egotistical fans

• MacToon

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM

TV camera’s were there too mate, BBC and Sky but not seen anything yet, tbh this is only the first of things to come, some things take a little longer to organise lmao.

• MacToon

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Ha ha AussieToon, look on the funny side of it, shame we couldn’t have invited you along 😉

• davybtoon

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Rtaylor wud b better than Simpson IMO I want santon rb n ferguson lb with jonas ryt wing n hba left wing, Guthrie was terrible today, thought Ohara was superb for wolves by the way