Nile Ranger Blots His CopyBook Again

Nile Ranger, Newcastle’s 20 year-old striker had managed to get himself into trouble again.

Nile Ranger – has got himself into trouble again

This time he has been charged buy the English FA with improper conduct related to comments he made on Twitter.

Newcastle United have today issued this statement from the Football Association relating to the charge:

Newcastle United’s Nile Ranger, Walsall’s Manny Smith and Manchester United’s Federico Macheda, currently on loan at Queens Park Rangers, have all been charged with improper conduct in relation to comments made on Twitter.

The charge is that the players acted in a way which was improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.

It is further alleged that the breach included a reference to a person’s or persons’ sexual orientation.

Each has until 4:00 pm on Wednesday, 29th February, 2012, to respond to the charge.

Nile is almost fit again after recovering from injury but it will be surprise, if he ever plays for the Newcastle first team.

We expect Nike Ranger to be sold in the summer, but like the case with Xisco, it’s whether  Newcastle can unload the player to some other club, since both players are on high wages at Newcastle.

Last November Ranger was fined£3.3K with costs after admitting drink-driving after the Newcastle striker had been arrested at 4.45 am on September 11th, after being pulled over in his black and white Range Rover in the Newcastle city centre.

Tests showed Ranger had 94 milligrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood, when the limit is 80 millilitres.

Nile is bringing the good name of Newcastle United into the headlines for all the wrong reasons, and he cannot say he hasn’t been given every chance by the Newcastle club to sort himself out, and get his career back on track.

We should add that on the current charge he is innocent until proven guilty, but we think he was already on his way out of the Tyneside club.

• Tsunki

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I’m so shocked at this. Shocked that he is still embarrassing us this way and splashing his potential round the side of the bowl. Please let him go.

• Whos_SuperMac

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Isn’t it the FA youth cup tonight? Quarter final. Anybody know the score.

• Tsunki

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:33 PM

its 2-2 in penners now

• cupiddstunt

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Unlike Xisco who cost considerable money Ranger cost buttons.

Now it’s about time we cut losses get rid of the buttons and replace with a zip.

Ranger is eminently replaceable he may have promise but that promise is coupled with guaranteed trouble.

Let him go to the first bidder he is a distraction that we don’t need.

• Tsunki

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Oh well bairns got beat such a shame.

• alip123

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Blackburn won 3-0 in the shoot out. And ranger should be sacked IMHO.

• t00ntime

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM

We are worse then liverpool at taking pens xD

• Charlietoon

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Get rid of him and Mcloven and give their wages to Ba. Get rid of Smith and use his wages to bump up Collos wage and still have enough to pay a good centre back 40gs a week. Give Rtayls another contract he deserves it. If we can get rid of xisco too thats a rumoured 35gs a week free’d up. I can see us substantially improving the contacts our best players are on and having enough to pay some players that will actually contribute to the team as well…if the money freed up is actually reinvested.

• BeeGuy

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Is this another of the FA situations where they can decide how many games or years a player gets sat? Whatever the case, you can bet the Mighty Nile will get the biggest punishment.

Sad to see such talent go drifting into oblivion.

• Tsunki

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Charlietoon – good points aren’ they – so whats all this talk about needing more sponsorship money to keep our best players? Tosh

• brklyngeordie

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I used to think this lad could be a player looked promising for his age when we were in the coca-cola league and thought he would progress… Man was i wrong! I hate Nile and all athletes or better yet people who are presented with opportunity in life and foil it away time after time after time.. No sympathy for this loser get’em out of here…A lad like this should really make people think twice about bashing Shola maybe he is not the best player and we always want more out of him but compared to a moron like Nile give me Shola all day…HWTL!!

• Charlietoon

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Tsunki – Well it still costs money in transfer and agents fees doesn’t it 🙂

I think Pardew operates as best he can as a manager and as a business man following Ashleys direction. We want to hear he has a 40m war chest. It would make us all so happy. All that means though in a business sense is that agents and teams will try and charge us more money. Other than a temporary high for the fans, saying we have lots of money to spend does nothing and by crying poor we leave ourselves in the best position to negotiate.

• Gascoigne - Legend

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Charlie Toon spot on mate ! Ranger has never done anything on the pitch whilst he has been here! All promise never delivers! A waste of space and trouble. Bin now!

• Brutooon

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I was hoping Nile Ranger to step up when we sold Andy Carroll last year but too bad this guy got attitude problem. Felt sorry for him. He should focus on his football first

• arctoa

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM

This sort of negative press is why I was happy we didn’t make a serious pass at Ravel Morrison. He was barely through the doors at Upton Park before getting into hot water with the FA and the club over homophobic remarks himself. I’d rather take honest grafters like Williamson and Raylor than have wasters like this around, however naturally gifted they may be. They’re a bad example to anyone coming through, and it only takes two or three of these types in a squad to ruin the entire ethos of a club.

• arctoa

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM

As for the headline title, I think you’ll find that his copybook has been left soaking in an inkwell ever since he came here. I reckon most clubs won’t touch this guy with a barge pole in the summer.

• Sav

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:38 AM

So much for investing in youth.

This is what you get by looking first at whether the guy is on a free and only later looking at what kind of bloke he is.
    No doubt Mashley picked up a pup this time. Unfortunately, this one isn’t house-trained and leaves his crap everywhere.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:50 AM

@8:

Original idea to solve a continuing problem!

• chris_g

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:49 AM

“We should add that on the current charge he is innocent until proven guilty…”

Good point, Ed.

Does anybody actually know what comments Ranger is alleged to have made? I’ve had a look through his twitter pages and I’ve only found one instance of him using a word which might be considered homophobic. Andy Mogwo (who Ed featured in this article: http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/02/16/focus-on-newcastle-youngsters-andy-mogwo/ ) tweeted this:

Andy Aaron Mogwo ? @ANDYAMOGWO 14 Feb
    Fifa ranking of tday.. #PatrickNzuzi , me @ANDYAMOGWO @NilePowerRanger & #SamAdjei 😉

and Ranger replied:

Nile ranger ? @NilePowerRanger
    @ANDYAMOGWO no I’m top.. Faggot

That looks to me like a bit of banter between mates, and hardly the sort of thing that the FA should be getting involved in.

• chris_g

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Just out of curiosity I also had a look through Macheda’s comments on Twitter, and I thought that one looked a bit iffy as well.

It all seems to have started when Macheda tweeted this after QPR’s 3-2 defeat against Blackburn on 11th Feb:

federico macheda27 ? @machedinho27
    Bad result for us….we trow it away at the first half!

and somebody called Sam Capps replied:

Sam Capps ? @cappsy14
    @machedinho27 you’re wank, you really are.

(Sam Capps is an apparently heterosexual 17 year old Norwich City supporter)

Macheda responded to the ‘wank’ insult by calling Capps a ‘little stupid gay’.

A week later, on 18th Feb, Capps reported Macheda to the FA as follows:

Macheda has since tweeted this:

federico macheda27 ? @machedinho27
    I didn’t mean it in the homophobic way…I just answer to someone that insult me, and I didn’t want to say gay, buy guy! That’s it!

I think it’s quite possible that Macheda accidentally wrote ‘gay’ when he meant to write ‘guy’ especially as English isn’t his first language. And I doubt whether he would have called a complete stranger ‘gay’ if he had no idea of his sexual orientation. It seems to me that he deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him lodge an appeal, as well as Ranger.

• Best9

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:46 AM

the twitter comments have been removed as far as I’m aware.
    I agree with majority of posters on here, get rid of him! waste of money…bump Ba and Collo’s wages!

• ShanghaiMag

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:46 AM

“when the limit is 80 millilitres.”

The limit is 80 milligrams in 100 millilitres, not 80 millilitres. 80 ml in 100 ml would mean that your blood was allowed to be 80% pure alcohol!

(sorry for being pedantic).

• Rotonda heights

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:48 AM

surely there is enough ammo to tear up his contract now.
    He’s got a rap sheet as long as his arm and makes barton look an angel.

• ShanghaiMag

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Reports say the twitter message was homophobic, if any player should avoid using twitter it’s Nile Ranger.

Why can’t the club just ban Nile from using twitter? If anyone can’t be trusted with twitter, it’s Nile!

• martoon

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I’m not condoning what Nile Ranger has done but I am thinking if I had, had his money when I was 18 or 19 I probably would have bought a fancy sports car and ended up being done for speeding too. You hear racist/homophobic banter in a pub frequently but if you put it on twitter you get done. As I say I am not condoning it but I can understand how it happens to a young lad with more money than sense.

• thebionicMAG

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:11 AM

@Martoon (25)
    Yep I’m with you on this one. Another thing that p_isses me off is the way ‘fans’ think they have the god given right to call players what they like, but as soon as the offended players give them a bit of banter back they go crying to the FA or the police to report them. That really makes me sick.