Can Ryan Taylor Do It Again On Sunday?

Ryan Taylor has already booked his place in the annals of Newcastle  United, because of  his fabulous goal from a free kick that gave Newcastle their 1-0 win over Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on August 2oth.

Ryan Taylor – after scoring winning goal last August

Ryan has spoken on the Newcastle United web-site today, and he’s likely to keep his place on the right wing on Sunday, because of his ability to cross the ball well, and also of course for being able to take those great free kicks, along with French International Yohan Cabaye.

Ryan has been a stunning success this season for Newcastle, and it says a lot about his character  that he’s fought so well to become a regular in the Newcastle side this season, and he’s made 27 appearances and scored three great goals so far this season.

This is what Ryan had to say about the upcoming derby game on Sunday:

“It’s a one-off game and if we can get six points off Sunderland then it would be fantastic,”   “We’ve got to knuckle down this week. Training has got to be spot on, because you can’t switch on and off.”

“You can’t expect to train badly all week and then turn up on Sunday and beat Sunderland.”  “They are a tough team, so training has to be spot on and if it is then I know that come Sunday it will all fall into place.”

“If we can beat them then we open that gap up between us and the teams below a little bit more.”  “We are a few points ahead of Liverpool and it’s looking okay at the minute, but if we can beat Sunderland then, who knows?”

“We can go on to bigger and better things.”  “Europe is in our sights now.”  “We had a bit of time to ourselves to have a bit of a rest and get ourselves together, but it was nice to come back training,”

“Training has been quite good and the lads seem like they are right at it because they know how much this weekend means, and we’ve got to get things right.”

“Yes, it was disappointing to lose a two-goal lead against Wolves, but at the end of the day we didn’t lose a football match and there were positives to take out of it into Sunderland.”

“It’s always tough to put together any sort of unbeaten run in the Premier League, but we have got a good one at home and we take it into the biggest game of the season for us so far.”

“We want to keep that run going, keep our stadium a tough place to come and that will be no different on Sunday.”

One worry we have about the game on Sunday is that even if Newcastle go ahead in the game, like say 2-0, there’s no guarantee we will be able to hold onto that lead.

That’s unless our defense and team  play a lot better than we did in that  second half  last Saturday against Wolves.

But enough of the gloom – here’s  a  look at Ryan’s great goal last August, and maybe  he can serve up another one on Sunday to make it four great goals this season?

We hope so.

• LewSpi

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Thanks for the shoutout Colo, it’s nice to know somebody reads my posts. 😉

Davy, I know that’s what I was thinking (re. Ranger), I don’t know the exact terms of his bail, but I’m fairly sure they don’t say he’s allowed to go to be in Perdu on a Wednesday at like 2:00am.

Regarding, Raylor talking about “knuckling down this week”, I was slightly worried when Santon and Abeid came to an after party, where there was copious amounts of alcohol, strippers and cocaine (I never touched any, I’m a good lad 😉 ),and they were there until sunrise(ish). I hope “Newcastle” doesn’t go to these young lads’ heads and they don’t get led down the path which we have seen one or two follow in the past.

• New kingdom United

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Raylor has to go right back….HBA right wing. Raylor for me our Player of the season. Some real fight in this guy. Great accuracy.

Raylor……….. Saylor……….. Colo………… Santon
    HBA………….. Cabaye……….. Tiote……….. Guti
    ………………………..Cisse………..Ba…………………..

• Brutooon

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Ryan Taylor should be our Right Back !!!!!!

He got an extra height therefore will be a bonus

• davybtoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Rtaylor has been great this season I wud have him ryt back

• davybtoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Danny Simpson is my pet hate ATM along with willo, we can’t drop willo simply bcoz there’s no one to replace him but we can drop Simpson

• davybtoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM

A 40 year old mackem has seen is team relegated more times than they’ve beat Newcastle

• New kingdom United

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Perch for Willo? there must be some punishment.

• ted

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Pardew should bite the bullet and bench Simpson and play raylor at rightback simpsons prone to make mistakes and he unsettles the defense its bad enough having williamson the big wally tiptoeing around the backline sunday isnt the time or the place to play these two clowns together.

• Klatoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Ba seems to have taken a deeper “playmaker” role since Papiss joined,the three games so far he’s been outside the box more than inside. He however seems to like it as it allows him to collect the ball and run at the defenders. This got me thinking,why not play the 433 and put him in that role Leon Best had @ LW? Not confined to the touchline but free to roam. Yes i heard the “why put our top-scorer on the wing” argument but his game is about receiving the ball and running with it,not standing in the box waiting for non-existant service. Just a thought

HWTL

• check the toastie

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Lewspi – are you for real, dont tell me some of the lads are in bars until after 2am, with a big match coming up, would be amazed if this was allowed?

• bettyswallocks

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I would like to agree with previous posts from Beattie and Norway etc.

Our style of football is based on grinding out results at the expense of suppressing all flair and flowing football from players that could excite and entertain if allowed the freedom to do so.

With our current squad I am sure the likes of Wenger Redknap ferguson Benitez Jol etc. etc. would be able to produce good results with a far more attractive style of play.

• check the toastie

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Ryan Taylor cant run by the way, if we play him in front of simpson again we will be luck to get away with a point, must not play at the weekend for me, simply not good enough, has no energy whatsoever.

Need some pace on the flanks hopefully benny but obertan would be an improvement on Raylor for me, and i expect pardew to pick him.

• ted

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM

We have two top class strikers who dont get any service into the box wolves was a prime example cisse was having to play out on the wing because raylor cannot, why pardew the wally bought obertan just to keep the bench warm i suppose and simpson the clown cannot cross the ball because hes shite the rightside is a disaster zone.

• Mark29Hungary

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Come on Ryan, score another brilliant goal, like that free kick!

He should replace Danny “goal-line” Simpson, like this:

————–Krul
    Santon, Willo, Colo, Raylor
    ——–Cabaye, Tioté
    HBA———————Jonas
    ——-Cissé——–Ba

• check the toastie

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

ted – I Agree the Rightside needs a complete overhaul, either Santon Switched and Fergie/Raylor is played LB, or Jonas switched and then Arfa is played in front of Santon, need something doing and doing sharpish before it costs us more points,

i just hope willlo can refind some form, as hes having a nightmare currently, hope he pops up with a goal sunday, come on Mikey boy, if dabizas and Andy O Brien can do it you can.

• EuannnBnW

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Lewspi
    I’m sorry but I find it hard to believe that you were out with any of them players last night … As Santon was captaining the Italy u21s last night and ranger , even though he is daft , would not be daft enough to break his curfew …
    Also my pet hate ATM is willo, his pOsitioning is so poor but something that’s getting to me is Hba not getting a fair crack.
    He tears teams apart in an instant eg man city when he hit te post, Blackburn goal…
    He makes runs that no one else can make in our team

• Rotonda heights

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM

bettyswallockks

spot on, but that’s what we’re stick with, a very very stubborn manager.

The technical players we have shoud be freed from their strait jackets, played in a 433 and allowed to express themselves and impose themselves on the opposition.

It just doesn’t make any sense this 442 and long ball with a high line approach.

• cyprus

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Raylor has been tried at RB, with disastrous results, ‘contributing’ to many conceded goals from that position for which he was bought from Wigan. When Simpson came in he shored up that side, it’s hard to understand why so many slag him. Is he the best right back? No. does he (like Raylor) give his all? Yes. Raylor’s free kicks have been a disappointment generally. That work should be taken up by Ba – Cabaye. Conclusion: If we are to move on, Raylor must be a squad player, not the ‘stunning’ revelation you state, Ed. He’s, unfortunately, the natural person to be sacrificed in order to give a permanent place to HBA. BTW, he was at fault when we conceded our first goal vs. Wolves.

• chris_g

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

check the toastie // Mar 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Yeah, I didn’t believe it either. Nile Ranger’s bail conditions state that he has to remain outside central Newcastle between the hours of 9pm and 7am (according to BBC website). Also, Papiss Cisse and Mehdi Abeid are both Muslims, so I don’t think they’d be hanging out in bars either!

• ParisToon

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:35 PM

just heard from a colleague of mine here in paris that PSG are interested in Cabaye apparently there was an enquiry at the back end of the Jan window but with the manager issues at PSG the enquiry was not followed through.
    As for Sunday Pards will probably give HBA a start in a hope that he ‘proves’ to his manager he can cut the mustard especially as its a derby match.

• ParisToon

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM

On another point, I worked with a guy called Billy when I was at Swannies back in the 80’s he had a mate call Ted and they were both Mackems season ticket holders at joker park……are these the same geezers??

• martoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

ParisToon – I don’t think HBA will start when all the ‘agricultural’ tackles will be flying about. I would put my mortgage on same starting 11 as against Wolves except if Cisse is not fit then Shola the mackem slayer.
    There are a lot of Bill & Ted’s in the world and I suspect these are kids because of the way they talk (none of us would call eachother a ‘mug’) and they don’t normally come on the blog until after school.

• LewSpi

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Ha, why on earth would I lie? I got a picture with Jimmy Bullard, I’ll post it if you’s still doubt? But the Newcastle lads wouldn’t let me get a photo. You could try the Dirtiz @Perdu’s photo album on Facebook once its posted, but again, I doubt they’ll have let the photographer take any pictures of them.

• ParisToon

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:09 PM

@22 Point taken but agricultural tackles or not I think Pards has to give the opportunity to HBA that if he wants a regular place in the team the best stage to do it is in derby match. Who is the ref on Sunday, this could be an important factor.

• check the toastie

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:12 PM

lewpsi – because you’re a liar?

• check the toastie

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Plus i was playing golf with Pardew, Ranger, and Santon first thing this morning, me and pards beat the young uns 4&3, couldnt believe it, Ranger turned up in plus fours, looked well gangster.

• martoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

ParisToon – the ref is Mike Dean (don’t know if that is good or bad)
    LewSpi why on earth would Jimmy Bullard go drinking in Newcastle – he is a London lad currently playing for Ipswich?

• BringBackTav

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Krul
    Simpson Willo Colo Santon
    _____Tiote__Cabaye____
    Raylor_____BA____Jonas
    _________Cisse________

AP will not drop Simpson as much as we all cry for it so if Raylor starts he’ll be on the right and Obertan should come on late for pace.

• check the toastie

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Mike Dean might be a good thing, he knows he owes us one from the chelski game, old skinny git, Montgomery Burns lookalike.

• EuannnBnW

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM

well, please explain how Santon was there @23 Lewspi even though he was Captaining Italy u21s?
    and explain how you spoke to him and told him about the derby etc, stop lying you’re desperately trying to make yourself seem popular,
    and Agreed @24 ParisToon, if he’s going to ensure he’s a regular sunday is the ideal game to be doing it.

• jesperfuglsang

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Hi guys, what’s new?

Do you think there will be any surprises for the Sunday game?

Good surprises I mean 😉 lol

• Ibizatoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Jesper….In the derby there will always be surprises….not sure what they’ll be, but let’s hope they’re good!

• Dannyo

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Oh, Luiz slamming Lampard saying he has to listen to the coach. He’s deffo not gonna win a popularity award by stating it, but it confirms everyones thoughts that there are a central group of players running the club.
    Barton and Nolan anyone?
    I hope Chelsea can get rid, a club shouldn’t be like that. Make an example of them and show players around the world that a player is never as big as the club.

• martoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Nothing much to report Jesper apart from LewSpi reckons half the Newcastle squad along with Jimmy Bullard were out with him on the p*ss last night 😉

• billy

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM

ParisToon you mean you actually worked alongside platers and welders and theres me thinking you were a football scout!

• LewSpi

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Be serious, why on earth would I make it up? Colo-Sus said in the previous thread that I was ‘one of the most valid posters’ on here.

If you dont believe me, fair enough, but here is the picture of Jimmy Bullard.

twitter.com/LewSpi/status/175227966664605696/photo/1

• ted

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM

By that ParisToon can talk some barry white regailing people about billy and ted the swanhunter makems old ParisToon sounds like a red and whiter with his contacts in europe scouting cabaye more tripe first it was Ba for PSG now cabaye he sounds like an ex welder they can talk underwater!

• Beattie25

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I’ve for one believe Lewspi as he is an honest blogger who has had many an opportunity in the past to post b*ll*cks but never has. This is the first time to my memory he has mentioned seeing the lads out.

Did he say they were out on the lash or that they were in a night club?

I just think the young, single lads were out on the pull and they were all tucked in bed, banging away, and in training today.

Its not a crime (unless your Ranger) to go out at night.

• Toon_Tom

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Beattie > it was at an after party, full of narcotics, women and booze.

Sounds like my kitchen on a saturday night 😉

• Ibizatoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Sounds like a good night out to me