Good News Today On Top Newcastle Striker

Top Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse should be fit for the very important game with Sunderland on Sunday afternoon.

This is what we want to see from Papiss Cisse on Sunday

Papiss had to leave the filed in the second half of the frustrating 2-2 at home to Wolves, with a groin strain, which thankfully was only slight.

And while the striker has not trained since pulling his groin Assistant manager John Carver expects Cisse to recover in time to make his very first Tyne Wear derby game.

The last time Sunderland beat Newcastle at St. James’ park was back in 2000, so we cannot let that happen again, and John Carver says Papiss is OK for the game, but still cannot understand a lot of what John is saying:

“He should be OK,” “He had a problem with his groin, he hasn’t trained yet. He didn’t train on Wednesday and I think the fortunate thing is that we have the extra day with the game being on Sunday. But fingers crossed he should be OK.”

“I know a lot of people have asked whether the foreign lads will know about the derby. Don’t worry, we’ll make sure they do.” “We’ve got a few new additions, Papiss in particular.”

“He’s finding it hard enough to understand what I’m saying at the minute, no matter what this game means.” “By the time we get to Sunday he’ll have a good idea, don’t worry about that.”

We have to think that the two major keys to the game on Sunday is whether our defense can play somewhere near their best form.

And also if Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba can get goals out of nothing, as they’ve proved they can do in the past.

We are hoping it will be a Senegal celebration after the game on Sunday afternoon, but the Sunderland defense seems quite good statistically, and they have only conceded 30 goals in their 26 games, 8 goals less than the Newcastle defense have conceded.

That makes the Sunderland defense the 6th best in the Premier League and that’s after conceding 4 goals away to West Brom last weekend.

But Newcastle’s defense is not too good at the moment, and that gives us some cause for concern, especially after conceding the two sloppy goals against Wolves, which lost us a valuable  two points.

Cisse and Ba could be the key for Newcastle on Sunday, which is why it is very good news that Papiss Cisse should be fit to play.

Howay The Lads!!

• sammydolan

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Thirst.

• planbillytedbob

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM

trés bien. papiss and ba both to get a brace 4-0 final score

• sammydolan

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Of all the derbies for many years, I am nervously looking forward to this, annoyingly rejuvenated by MON! Scrappy 1 nil i think…

• Beattie25

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM

It’ll be interesting to see how we approach the game.

9 times out of 10 we set up to counter the threat of the opposition which is not a good mindset as I believe we should set up to cause a threat.

Hopefully our form will allow us to cause problems rather than look to stop the mackems causing us issues.

• Colo-Sus

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Beattie

Replied on the last thread pal.

• markmac

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Not going to be an easy 1 this time lads, going to have to watch sessagnon, i hate to say it about a mackem but he looks quality

• Beattie25

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Knickers are now back on colo-sus

Sometimes I just see what I want to see and I thought you were trying to vindicate but now I realize you were offering up an explanation so I appologise.

I think that the problem with the fans is that we have come to expect bad football so there is no pre match excitement. There only seems to be a buzz when we are playing away or we are against the big teams.

We fans need something to cheer for and the football is hardly exciting so we settle into our seats half expecting the 90 minutes to be ugly and a struggle (as more often than not it is).

If Pardew stuck Ben Arfa, Fergie and Guthrie in against Wolves the stadium would have been electric with anticipation. But we all knew it would be same old Simmo RB, Raylor RW and boring 4-4-2.

I am one of many frustrated fans that struggles to watch the team this season because of the horrible football. I will still support them but 52 000 fans in St James and millions all over the world are feeling the same reservations.

I used to look forward to the games, always now I watch them because I feel its my duty. Once a privilage now a chore and that is down to the ugle football.

It was once called the beautiful game, our football looks like Dean Gaffney.

• wynsleap

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM

markmac @6 – To be fair so do Larsson and McLean.
    The rest isn’t much to write home about, though I do worry about Clattermole’s probable game plan to kick everything (and everyone) above grass height.

• martoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Still got a sneaky feeling we will try to protect Cisse and start with Shola the mackem slayer!

• Beattie25

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Just watching highlights of the Germany-France game.

It is no mistake to say the Cabaye plays better in a 3 man central midfield partnership whether in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3.

It just gives him so much more option as he can go back to DM or play it forward to the AM.

He was excellent for Lille in a 3 man midfield in the CM position.

The same can be said for Tiote at Twente in his DM position.

It is no suprise to me that we are after Corgnet to give us that 3 man CM partnership as it offers so much more option when playing a passing game.

Cabaye just looks so uncomfertable in a 2 man midfield especially as Tiote spends most of the time behind him.

Also as I read a few moments ago I agree and I really think that we could use Ober as a winger in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 up front alternating with Benny.

Turn him into our Henry. A winger come striker with bags of pace and lack of creativity.

• jimmymagpie

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Beattie – agree with everything you say at 7 mate. It really is hard work watching us this season, with only 2 or 3 outstanding exceptions. The thing is, outside of the top clubs, there is a very thin dividing line between success and failure in this league. We have lost 8 out of our last 15 games, conceding 30 goals in the process, and arguably fortunate not to have lost more. Thank you Krul! This is perilously close to relegation form, and thank heaven for the first 11 games, and the fact that this is a very poor league. Even Ferguson admits that his team aren’t playing great, but grinding out results. Of course, our very mediocre run can be traced back to the loss of Saylor, and the ineffective displays of Cabaye in recent weeks.

• Colo-Sus

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM

@Beattie

No worries mate

Yeah I see what you are saying..Some good points and I agree in part.

I dont think we have been quite that bad though tbh. Thre have been flashes of total dominance in games eg. Man U, Fulham away 1st half (we were superb in that 1st 45).

I think the key to all of it is Ryan Taylor and Danny Sinpson.

Simpson is in my opinion a waek RB, and needs help at times, and due too his form this season Pardew sticks with Raylor all to often.

I think for us to play that brand of attractive football we need a new fullback, and a new CB or Saylor back in as we are just not solid enough at the back currently.

You can see Pardew wants to play HBA it was apparent when he fired him up before coming on V wolves, but realistically he is a luxury player. I think if we signed an Erik Pieters for example and Santon went RB, then HBA would start and we would most likely play the 433 we all crave.

But personal wise right now aI dont think we can. we need results at the moment regardless of it being pretty, I think the football will come in time, i really think it will. Its not all that bad pal come on, we are going to beats the Scum on Sunday!!

HWTL

• markmac

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM

wynsleap@8 – Yes he’s a bit of a lad, reckon tiote can hold his own though, yeh larsson aint to shabby especially from freekicks etc,

• jimmymagpie

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Beattie – just read your posting at 10 – actually against Wolves, Cabaye spent a lot of that game BEHIND Tiote, which is a waste in my opinion. I know he doesn’t have much pace, and should be played where he can damage the opposition most. What would we give for the 12 goals from midfield that Nolan provided? No, I’m not suggesting I wish we still had him, but we do get precious little in the way of goals from midfield.

• davybtoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Beattie i think your goin way over the top on our style of football, I’ll agree that away from we set up to play counter attacking football, but not at home, sunday will b one hell of a dull game by your remarks because all mon does is stick 11 men behind the ball n that’s every game, our football was a lot worse under Chris houghton if u can’t stand it now bloody hell what did u think when he was here, ppl like our seeing what u want to see to hav a good moan, when in fact if u watch u will see there r only 3 players who kick it long n 2 is bcoz there uncomfortable, Infact tim krul kicks long but if u watch a game u will see he does it no more than most opposition keepers

• redondo77

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Mar 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM

“Top six i,me happy with, but then according to some on here my expectations are Mediocre!

I honestly believe that some think we should be pushing for the title this year and Champions League and not just trying to go as high as possible!”
    —————————————————————————

I think you missunderstood, Newexpatmagpie.
    We are all happy what the team have achieved so far including me, but you need to see that the teams from 4 -7 are so close and they are not doing well. What I’m trying to say to all is why not take this opporturnity to go 4th? But we can’t do it if we play like the way we are playing and I think other teams also saw and learn what our style of play and weaknesses and how to exploit it. Everyone watch the same game even though not watching it in SJP, even the players and the manager themselves are not happy with their performance on the last 2 games.
    So even if we are not finishing 4th, me and others here are happy.
    My point is try to be little bit ambitious or greedy, sometimes it’s ok .Also, we are getting too predictable.

• Colo-Sus

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

@ Beattie

Agreed re Cabaye in 433 as well, I think Corgnet would be the perfect compliment to him and Tiote.

Guthrie and Simmo will be off in the summer and we wont miss them.

Summer Trans (if i was boss lol!)

Ins

Smith (permanant)
    Foster
    Harper
    youth exodus

• davybtoon

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Jimmymagpie n how did the majority of nolans goal come about from the long ball tactics of Ch we used to pump it long to Carroll who wud flick down to Nolan or set pieces pumped long into the box

• jimmymagpie

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Colo at 12 – good posting mate. By, there’s a lot of good sense being spoken this morning lads, good craic, and good constructive thoughts, without some of the usual bile.

• jimmymagpie

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Davy at 18 – yes, you’re quite right, but of course CH was making the most of what he had. I was just trying to point out, probably clumsily, that whatever our style of play, there is a chronic shortage of a goal threat from midfield in the vast majority of games. Part of the problem is our ball retention isn’t very good.

• argentoona

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Hope we play Ben arfa on the wings as it should b less risky

• Neun78

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM

shola ameobi must start that game on sunday. cisse on the bech for me

• Jinky Jim

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:18 PM

you can pick all the players you like folks AP is still going to play Hoofball