Newcastle’s Top Midfielder Is Going Nowhere

We suppose we’ll have the same stuff going  on in the transfer window  this summer, and we could possibly lose some of our best players.

Cheick Tiote – in action against Wolves

But we don’t think one of them will be Cheick Tiote, since this lad is very happy on Tyneside, and he has come out today and said he is already at a big club – Newcastle United.

Cheick has done great in football, and  a year ago he signed a bumper deal to stay at Newcastle until the summer of 2017, and we think the lad  is here for the long haul.

Cheick has continually been linked with Chelsea, and yes, each Newcastle player has their price under Mike Ashley.

But we think the Newcastle owner will demand ridiculous transfer fees for his top players, now that club have their financial matters under control.

It is expected they will even be in the black for the last financial year,  when the results are announced today, and that’s the first time since Ashley bought the club in the summer of 2007.

But if a club who likes to spend big money – like Liverpool as a good example –  comes along and bids a ridiculous fee for one of our top players, like Liverpool did with Andy Carroll – Newcastle will again have to take their money – in cool cash and not in installments as is usually the case.

But we think that’s very doubtful these days, especially with the new UEFA Financial Fair Play Rules coming into effect over the next few seasons.

Cheick has today talked to the local press and has this to say about Newcastle:

“I’m already at a big club.”  Newcastle is a big club and we have good players in the squad.” “Even when I was away at the African Cup of Nations knew that we were in good hands. OK, we lost to Tottenham and Fulham but we won other games and we are still sixth.”

“When I was in Africa as a youngster I didn’t think it was going to be like this.” “I see myself long-term as a Premier League player.” “I always wanted to play here because it’s the best league in the world.”

“For me there is a big difference, it isn’t like the Dutch League, the Premier League isn’t always about tactics and technical ability, it is about battling too.”  “Physically it can be hard, if you don’t run enough and work hard enough you can lose a game.

“So the Premier League is very different.”  “It did take a little time for me but I was ready to come to England.”  “When I was an FC Twente player I was watching Premier League games a lot.”  “I knew it wasn’t an easy competition so I had to be ready.”

“We are confident that we can make Europe.” “If we work hard we can finish fifth or sixth but fourth is hard.”   “I am happy with the way my career is progressing.”

The 25 year-old former Anderlecht and FC Twente midfielder is a big favorite with the Newcastle fans,  and we expect the 29 times capped Ivory Coast International to start hitting his top form in a game or two,  as he gets acclimatized again to the Premier League.

He has only played a couple of games since helping the Ivory Coast reach the final of the African Cup of Nations in February, when they were beaten on penalties 8-7 by Zambia, after extra time .

And Cheick still supports his five brothers and three sisters back in the Ivory Coast,  with the wages he gets at Newcastle.

Good on him.

Comments welcome.

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Reading between the lines, he’s leaving in the summer..

• check the toastie

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM

He is a class act and reading between the lines i think he is due a sending off.

• Indian Magpie

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM

definitely leaving

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Our most important player IMO,

• Ben

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

5 Tiote brothers!? Get Carr out there and sign them up immediately!

• sirtoongospel

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Just regarding Willo, if he hadn’t conceded the penalty on Sunday, he would have been foot perfect all game. It was a bad error, but other than that I thought he was great.

Yeah we will probably buy better in the Summer, and Saylor is coming back, but he always tries and I want him to stay, we need a bigger squad if we get Europe. Not just replace like for like.

The same player helped keep a clean sheet against Man U. He’s not the greatest, but he isn’t the worst either. Is on low wages compared to the rest so I hope he stays.

• sirtoongospel

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Ben, I have met 2 of his brothers…….they are smashing fella’s, but trust me, they don’t look like footballers!!! lol!!!

• Jonny

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I once heard that Cheik Tiote does not sleep, he waits…

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM

@sirtoongospel

You have just re-affirmed why you are one of the most accurate and best posters on here.

Here here. I totally agree he was good on Sunday, barring his mistake for the pen, and to be fair Syalor does alot worse alot more often in terms of fouling players. He just gets away with it more often.

Still Saylor is clearly a btter all round player, but Willo is a perfect backup for us. Imagine if next season, Colo and Saylor both get injured…. What then our new CB and Perch?

• Beattie25

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I need to email Alan Pardew does anyone know his address?

It is concerning the free signing of mo Diame from Wigan. He is out if contract this summer and the thought of him and Tiote playing together against teams we have taken the lead against gives me the biggest stiffy in the world!

Please Pards get us momo

• toonruz

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Colo-Sus and
    Colo-Sus
    y dont the pair of u go back on your stupid little mackem blog , the way u 2 go on u r no nufc fans and u 2 dont belong on this blog ,

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM

@Jonny

haha,

There was a good one he other day.

”if you seach Tiote in Google it comes back with…You dont find Tiote ..He finds you”

Lol,

Class act is Chieck

• toonruz

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Colo-Sus and
    Indian magpie

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM

@toonruz,

What are you on about?

How on Earth am I coming accross toyou like a Mackem,
    #
    I would love to hear your logic there.

Helmet

• martoon

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I’m surprised he can still talk after the bone crunching blow to the jaw he received from Sessegnon 🙂

• toonruz

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM

cos the pair of u are always saying people r off get a grip

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM

@toonruz

If your reffering to my comment ”reading between the lines hes leaving in the summer”

You obviously have not been reading the posts over the last few days form everyone, Its sarcasm mate, look over the last few days posts from Ed and the comments, its just a joke pal, of course I dont think he will leave.

Please read before you write you tit

• Beattie25

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Colo-sus

More often than not he is average (Willo) and I would much rather see to CB’s come in and allow him to leave.

If we only bring one in then yeah, but we are heading onwards and upwards and need better quality or we will just even out and become a mid table team.

I not a Willo hater I just think there is better and younger out there at cheap prices

• Indian Magpie

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM

i am sorry i dont get it, willamson son was poor and i mean poor.

it was his mistake and thats what costs you games. could haveeasily on sunday.

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM

it started because Indian wrote that HBA will be leaving, and from the post it was obvious that HE WONT BE.

its a joke son…let me know when your ready to apologize..

• Beattie25

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM

* to? It was meant to read 2 CBS

• GeordieGesus

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Reading between the lines toonruz will be leaving in the summer.

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM

@Beattie

Yeah i agree there mate, we need better players bringing in at CB, my oint is if we only get say Douglas for example, id keep him a fourth choice..you see what I mean?

I see your point pal, and agree partly, but I think we get behind him for now, hes a good guy and plays for the shirt.

By the way ”Reading between the lines @toonruz is a helmet

• Indian Magpie

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

why r explaining it to him, no sense of humor

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

GeordieGesus

Haha, I hope so, what an in idiot. Bet hes reading through now going,, oops.

• toonruz

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Colo-Sus
    ok i may of picked a few things up wrong there , and sorry for for calling u a mackem ,

• Indian Magpie

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

toon ruz called me a mackem too

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM

@Indian

Because he started calling me and you Mackems mate,

The worst possible insult you can level at somebody.

needed putting in his place, dont worry Indian, ive got your back, despite the fact you infuriate me at times mate haha 😉

• Colo-Sus

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM

@toonruz

Apology accepted,

Must do better in future lol!

HWTL

• stuart no9

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

after the jan window i looked at rhe and wondered who would be leaving in summer -cabaye-tote- ba – krul -bennie? i dont know, however if i were to pick the most likely to be away i would opt for tiote. i even think it could be 2 of them. Krul just signing a contract means nothing, if spurs or chelsea want him they will get him. Ba has always said he will see out the season at the club , but has never looked further than that, which makes him a possibility, so i am going to predict 2 star men to leave this summer.

• Ewokshatemackems

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Sound like a pack of girls with all the group hugs

• Griff-toon

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:11 PM

There is a medical term for those who willingly defy Tiote… organ donors.

• max