If Ashley Gets A Good Offer He Could Sell Newcastle

The financial figures released by the Newcastle club yesterday showed the club are getting into good financial health, and things are certainly going in the right direction.

Mike Ashley – right offer could tempt him to sell?

And Mike Ashley still has a loan of £140M he has given to the club,  and for which he is receiving no interest, and he doesn’t seem to want paid back anytime soon.

We think that loan will remain outstanding as long as Mike Ashley owns the club, and then when he sells it, the loan will be paid back as part of the deal.

And LLambias has also said that if Mike receives a decent offer for the club, he’s not sure whether Mike would sell, and of course if somebody came in right now and offered say £400M,  then that’s a good offer and presumably will give the owner more than £100M in profit on the deal.

Whether anybody would be willing to pay that for Newcastle we have no idea, but this is what Derek said about Mike possibly selling the club:

“If somebody came along with the right price, we’d have to consider it.” “Whether Mike would sell it I don’t know.”

“He’s comfortable and it’s not as if he has reached that platter where he has to put loads of money into it.”

“We are in a very good space with it. Would he sell it, I’m not sure?” “As for the loan he’s prepared to leave it there and he’s not charging for it.”

“He still dips into his pocket for players.” “He’s give me permission to buy another player.” “We haven’t sold anybody, and he knows his responsibilities.”

Mike Ashley’s financial vision for how Newcastle is run is starting to be seen by the fans, hopefully, and certainly things look good for Newcastle over the next few years.

We have to hope the club continues to build up their squad, and from what we can tell,  the financial picture will only get better and any profits will be ploughed straight back into the club, according to Managing Director Derek Llambias.

That sounds good to us.

What do you think?

Comments always welcome.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM

We’ve not sold anybody? Is he talking about this January just gone?

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Isn’t £140m a lot of money? If not, can I borrow some spare change Mike?

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I think he is Ibiza,

I like what they are saying though tbh.

I have faith, and to be honest whats the use in complaining, it wont change anything, we as fans just have to accept what happens and trust in the owners and managment to run the club.

True fans will support the team regardless of who comes/goes etc. If they are in a black and white shirt they have my full suopport.

HWTL

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Ibiza (From last thread)

Yeah I agree,

We will get the usual dreamers on here saying we should sign x y annd z (all good players mind )
    But in reality we wont be buying lots of players, we will fill needs like CB and CM cover, and then pick up bargains perhaps. Like last summer, We signed Cabaye for cash then got Ba and Marv for nowt.

i think the young striker will be an unknown probs as well or someone on a free,

It wont be De jong etc, lets be real. If a big name goes, then so be it, onwards and upwards

And itll be Pieters OR Douglas ihmo not both, but im fine with that. I trust them like I say.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Colo…I agree. I do understand some fan’s frustration at some of the things that have happened. But b*tching on a blog isn’t going to do anything.

• planbillytedbob

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

just been watching a cheik tiote tribute video on YouTube. i didn’t know you were allowed to upload snuff movies

• WWJBD

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Won’t shed a tear when he gets on his bike and leave our northern lands

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Ibiza

yeah totally mate, freedom of speech etc, and everyones opinion has a right be be heard.

But like we are saying it wont change anything. The clubs ethos is obviously different now and I tell you what this fair play thing will have an impact on the trnsfer market, we are well plced for it as well.

The ket to it all is Europe,

we get into Europe we get more money, more status in player eyes (current and potential signings).

Its an obvious pint but its key..its all about Europe, if we finish 8th then the summer will be more worrying than positive.

• Grafton83

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM

If Newcastle finish in Europe this season it’s an amazing achievement for everyone at the club including Mike Ashley.

Fair play to him he has taken a lot of critism (often justified) over the year but he is his own man and he’s made a sucess of us.

I think he is long overdue some recognition, when you consider how many clubs are run extremly badly to the point of bankrupcty sometimes we have been very lucky in that respect.

I still wish he didn’t plaster the club in sports direct, renaming the ground is unforgiveable but if that’s the worst thing that ever happens to us then we haven’t done to badly at all.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM

WWJBD….I just hope if / when he does leave, we don’t end up going “remember when MA was running it? Those were the good days”.

There are a lot of clubs much worse off than us due to bad club management

• FatmanJoe

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Don’t forget we’ve got Taylor and marv to come back from injury which will be a massive bonus. For me a lb and cb are priorities for sure. They probably will bring in a cm but I don’t think it’s necessary if our young players are developing as they should.

On a sidenote, I started working at a Cambodian orphanage/ school today. They don’t know much about football but I think I can slowly develop 70 Newcastle united fans. And in a few years of coaching graham carr will be looking for Cambodian starlets. That’s the dream anyway 🙂

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Neither will I,

But they have done a good job on the financial side of things, credit where due mate, yes there have been mistakes i agree.

Whats your take on the way thwe club is being run? Would you have Shepherd back?

not arguing mate just asking your opinion

• Dannyo

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM

A huge interview from Llambas this one.
    It’s more honest that i’d think it would be and it’s a very realistic interview.

This interview excites me tbh, and i’m inclined to say that my resentment towards DL has dropped a bit after reading everything he’s had to say.

Credit where credit is due, this is allot better than the Q&A we had early in the season. Good stuff.

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Last post to WWJBD btw

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Colo…freedom of speech isn’t allowed on here!

Europe competition will certainly help attract and retain top players. As will a trophy in the near future.

I genuinely believe most of the squad are happy with the club and the progress we’re making. If we fell a little short this season I wouldn’t expect the players pushing to be sold quite yet

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Dannyo…Right, you’re on my list now

• Grafton83

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I would rather slam my head in the door all day for a year than have Sheppard back. I think most people feel the same way.

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Ibiza

Im not sure I think its key really.

say We ont get europe and Man City bid for Tiote, DL has said its up to the plyer too…

I know Tiote is happy here but if hes offered Champions League Football, its more likely hell leave…

However if we are in Europe and we sign a few players, theres a damn good chance players will stay imo…

What you reckon?

• planbillytedbob

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM

we have mike ashley as owner for the foreseeable future. we’re moving up in the world. we are looking to get into Europe. lets be happy and support our team hwtl

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM

@plan

AGREEEEDD

• Toon_Tom

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Grafton > agreed mate, however I wouldn’t mind some Shiek come in with any amounts of money!!!

• stuart no9

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

enter Mr branson . what a breath of fresh air he would be . As for the SUPPOSED £140m loan – he gets that back in free advertising at least – cmon richard the savior make an offer.

• WWJBD

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Ibiza
    True but there are also clubs better off than us and better owners out there haha

Colo
    Hey mate I have never had a issue with how he eventually dealt with the money side of things (he had a fair bit to do with the debt to begin with though which is often over looked)
    As for Shepard no I wouldn’t want him back but at the same time I don’t really want MA in charge now. A owner with the heart of Shepard and the business sense of Ashley would be ideal

Dannyo
    U feel better about DL? Do u not recall his drunken ramblings on mags from not too long ago?
    Anyone can sound good when people are telling u what to say

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM

WWJBD

Cheers mate, good points well made.

Should we petition Branson for the crack? Might be worth a go?

• WWJBD

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Colo
    Oh and no worries mate I get ur not trying to have a argument haha

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Haha

yeah cheers, at least you do, some people on here chuck their toys if you even slightly disagree with them. lol!

• FatmanJoe

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM

17 agreed. At the beginning he was being a right smug bastard when the fans hated mike. Now in interviews he sounds like a bitter old man

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Reet lads

Off for some bait

catch you later

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Colo….I honestly believe that the team are proud and believe in what we’re trying to achieve. I think if after next season we’re not progressing much, certain players will be starting to think about “bigger and better” things. Just don’t think they’re ready to jump ship at this point….will likely be proved wrong

• Colo-Sus

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Ibiza

I hope your right pal,

In a bit

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Bye for now colo

wwjbd….There are better, yes. Let’s hope that as and when mike does leave we get one of those!

• WWJBD

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Colo
    Haha no need to say cheers am open for discussions anytime.

Branson does seem a nice blokebut I don’t think he will be interest in taking over a football club right now the bloke loves to fly that’s his thing.

My ideal owner (upsetting as it is to say) would of been Liverpools current one

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM

The type of owner that says “you want £35m for a bloke with a ponytail that’s played half a season in the top flight? OK!”

We can only dream 🙂

• FatmanJoe

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I thought liverpools owners tried to influence dogleashes purchases. Wouldn’t want an interfereing owner. Look how kenny now looks like a mug with some of the dross he bought

• Pardew's fist pump

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Afte ploughing substantial cash into a F1 team that is almost certain to fail and be dissolved this year, I doubt Branson will be looking to invest in the sports industry again, any time soon.

• Sav

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM

This pair would sell their own grandmothers, lets be truthful.
    There’s no revelations or shock news in this article. For months its silence and then some decent financial figures come out and the ‘avin’ it large’ and the hubris and the preening begins. I wish he’d just shut his gob again now. Or better yet, whip down your scabby plastic signs and p*** off back to your Walthamstow Bingo Halls.

And yes, Derek, we DO know just how HORRIBLE the pair of you are. You told us and for once, we believe you.

(reached that ‘platter’ = plateau, I presume, Ed?)

• planbillytedbob

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Joseph Kony started building an army to protect himself 26 years ago. less than a year later tiote was born. its like kony knew what was coming

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Sav…I think he was talking about a platter of food

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM

On the advertising Tiote matter. We all know / knew this before the article. If a big money offer comes in we’re going to sell. We’ve asked the owners / director communicate more. Would we prefer he said “we won’t be selling any players no matter what the offer”. That would be a lie. Nothing new has happened here. If we’re going to lose players, let make sure it’s for good money.

P.S. This isn’t me saying I want or think Tiote should be sold, just trying to be realistic