Tour Location Not Decided – Ryan Taylor Has Surprised Everybody

Newcastle have already had a number off offers for their summer tour.

Ashley and Llambias – getting good press on finances of club

Alan Pardew had said that the club has already had offers from America, the Far East and Europe, but that it hasn’t yet been decided where the lads will tour this summer.

In the many interviews he has given since the unveiling of Newcastle excellent financial results yesterday, Newcastle’s  Managing Director Derek LLambias has verified the club still have to decide on the location, and of course he is the man who will make the decision.

This is what Derek said about the summer tour:

“We’re overseas again in the summer. We can’t say where yet.”  “It will be a different type of experience this time.”

“We want to get our brand out there and we want to grow our international brand over the next four or five years.”

“It’s difficult but it helps when you are in a good position in the league.”  “If we maintain that it makes everybody’s job easier and maybe one day will get the value for the shirt.”

We would think the best place would be somewhere in Asia,  as far as getting the Newcastle United brand recognized around the world, which is one aim of these tours, and China is a huge growing market for football.

We should know in a few weeks what Newcastle have decided, but it appears they will be having tours every summer to different locations around the world, as they attempt to make Newcastle United a world-wide brand.

And on Ryan Taylor signing his new contract – the third player since Saturday to sign on at Newcastle – manager Alan Pardew had this to say today:

“I think we have shown we are a good side and next year we want to build on that, so it is important to secure the players we think are going to take us forward next year and that’s what we have done.”

“Ryan has had a year, really, where he has surprised everybody, not least me, so he deserves that new contract and it will be nice to have him in the group next year.”

“Full-back, midfield, centre, right, you can play him anywhere he will give you a sound performance and he’s a great person too.”

Ryan Taylor has been a huge surprise on the positive side this season, and he thoroughly deserves the two year extension to his current deal, which will keep him at the club until the end of June, 2015, and he will  have been on Tyneside for six and a half years.

And we would hope that Danny Simpson, Danny Guthrie and Demba Ba would be the next in line to sign new contracts at the club, and the sooner the better as far as we are concerned.

What do you think?

Comments always welcome.

• Jinky Jim

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM

China

• SwedishMagpie

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM

come to sweden ! 😉

• niafron

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Oh, yes nothing to do with football, but before i forgett, just want you to see this superb vid in order to remind you french cavalry will tear you up this sunday:

• Bryan

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Having read the interveiw with D.L. today I find it hard to question anything that he has said. He really has answered are few questions that I certainly was wanting answered. I now think it is time for all of us so called fans to give credit were credit is due. Our club is being run in a way that is admired by many a fan and chairman of other clubs. It is a fantastic acheivement considering where we were just 2 years ago. We have a solid 1st team which with a little investment in the summer will turn into a very good 1st team which hopefully will put us in a position to compete once again for a top 6 place. So come on guys lets ALL get behind the whole club and with our support the sky’s the limit. I for one are not afraid to thank M.A. & D.L. for the fantastic job they have done in getting our club to where it is today.
    My only gripe, why does DL not speak to the media/fans like this more often.

• Tsunki

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM

It’ll be a far east tour. Sorry Indian – It’s not you! They tried USA already and I think that went ok, sure they will go back in a few years time to consolidate. I also think Mr Carr and his gang will have a field day looking for hot prospects too, you never know we might get a Park, and not a Dong. 🙂

quick repost as the thread moved on –

Ibiza – the red striped trinity disappeared about quarter past five mate. Curious that because it’s not a school night so why the weekday curfew? Anyway I’m glad I avoided the banter this afternoon a quick scan shows that it was horrific as usual. I wish that they could be modded out they really ruin this thing sometimes. Now I have to get myself into the banter groove and this threads about talked out now!

In space, no one can hear you scream. Unless it’s Tiote’s space.

• philippealbert

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM

@Bryan

Agreed. It does feel a little odd to have responsible owners, people who are running the club as it’s meant to be run. Ashley clearly wants the club to be self-sustainable. That’s a great thing. Chelsea and Man City will be looking across at us. I hope they’re worried. That kind of money is not going to stay in their club forever. When they melt, we will remain. Thank you, Mike Ashley and co.

• niafron

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Bonne soirée messieurs.

• gorgonzola

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:59 PM

niafron 🙂

cool man you like Rugby 🙂 awesome, I like French style of play and I have a major soft spot for them, on teh day they will lose to Tonga, but on their day they will smash the all Blacks 🙂

• super magpie

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM

After reading the interviews today with llambias, I’m very surprised at what he has said. He cleared some things up well and that’s good, and it’s communicating with the fans which is suprising. The club looks to be heading in the right direction and next year I wouldn’t be surprised if we made a profit, footballs a business now and people need to realise this, I guarantee Man city have a monstrous debt. Eventually their owners will get bored , sell up and leave the club in crippling debt, leaving them in a Pompey/rangers situation.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Hi Tsunki…Sorry for the late response, internet died on me.

Was good fun…not. Mindless idiots.

Anyway…anyone still around?

• super magpie

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Also I saw that tool, billy, ted, bob was back again.
    Wow! What a SMB! It must be plan b, what’s even sadder is that’s it’s all one… Well they aren’t a person, backing themself up on different accounts which are the the most simplest names to come up. Does anyone know how to contact Ed? Because this low life needs to be kicked off the site. Also where has daffy disappeared to since the derby? Still crying that they can’t beat us :). No doubt he’ll be on before the next derby saying exactly the same crap.

• hotdog

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Aye Super Magpie – We should do what they did in the old days with spies…………..shoot them!

I have one wish on Monday night and that is for Ben Arfa to show his true class against top opposition. If he does, then he could really be the difference in the run in.

• Tsunki

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:42 PM

It would be good if we could shock arsenal with a demoralising beating, and end the season with massive points. Having trouble using the Force with this one though… Would be excellent if HBA put in a performance and Tiote just frightened RVP away.

• pbNcl

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I can’t believe I feel this way. But credit where credit is due, I am starting to warm to MA cos I believe were not gonna get a better owner. Seriously, we have got it good. Bar the name change, but like somebody has already said.. If that’s as bad as its gonna be then so be it. The future looks bright, and that’s what we geordie’s deserve really. I think them 3 plebs are quite funny actually, the one’s who are the same person. Dick dom and frank or summit

• VanCanToonFan

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Would love to see Newcastle United come to Vancouver. There is a natural connection in the form of Peter Beardsley!

Whitecaps FC hosted Man City last year 🙁

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM

gorgonzola

Hope you also like the Welsh style of playing rugby….
    JB and me on here are both Welsh, not sure who else..
    grand slam still on for us this year..

• super magpie

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM

@hotdog
    I think pardew has basically said he will start him after last week, I read an interview that he did a couple of days ago and he said that when he broke his leg he lost all his passion for football and didn’t feel right when he started playing again. He said how he didn’t really care when he played because he lost his love for the game. Which is probably why pardew has hardly started him. So now the people who were criticising pardew for not playing HBA (including myself) thats why. But now he has redound his love and passion which is why he will hopefully be playing a lot more during the end of the season.

• pbNcl

Mar 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I seen ban arfa in the backseat of a car at a roundabout once. Not flash in the slightest. Seems like a down to earth modest lad. And he’s some footballa like

• stuart no9

Mar 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM

ash and lambias dont give 2hoots about nufc. If they thought by changing the name to SPORTS DIRECT UTD they would make more money , they would do it . They have already proved that by renaming SJP., but i suppose a lot of so-called fans wouldnt mind that either .

• super magpie

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:01 PM

@stuart

If we finish in a European place this season will you still be totally against Ashley?

• cheick Norris

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

if wewonsomething would Stuart still be totally against ashley?

• sahil

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I have matured and grown, especially with this long injury. But, deep down, I remain the same. The other day in training everybody shouted at me because after tricking the goalkeeper I then waited again to trick him again and then shot wide…I know it annoys everyone and I know I won’t change. But, it’s that kind of football that I like. But I am adapting and I am correcting myself to fit into the professional mould because I know I am paid to win matches and not to amuse myself. But learning to adapt doesn’t mean I will forget my instinct”.

Interesting quote from Ben Arfa.

• MacToon

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM

stuart, you’re not wrong there and super magpie, daffy is the resident makem and he’s honest about it and pretty harmless for one of the unwashed.

• pbNcl

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I don’t think he’ll change the name from newcastle united to be honest. Sports direct united? I doubt it like. He makes bold brash decisions and like llambias says they’ve made mistakes, that’s a good statement as it sort of implies they’re trying to stop doing such. Wise and co were a mistake. This name change thing could be to, or we could end up with nike taking it over and reapplying the name St James’ somehow. Imagine the sales of nike shooting up! Either way, things are most definately better than the last long years. Since Sir Bob if you ask me

• alex84

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Super Magpie, thanx for the interview link, i really love reading his interviews, so insightful, such a unique talent, i can see why Niafron follows his career.

I just want him to play the way he knows he can, with skill and freedom

• geordiejamie89

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I think Newcastle are doing the right things as I’ve said before, but it’s even better that we’re setting the club up as a business while others are still spending like there’s no tomorrow. I think in future we’ll be thankful for the way things are going now. I think Newcastle should take the league seriously next season, and the Carling, FA Cup. The last two years Birmingham and Cardiff got to finals. Not because they’re great, but because they put out good teams. I think winning one of those competitions and finishing in the top 6 again in the league next season is a reasonable and acheivable aim, and I wouldn’t be suprised if the people at Newcastle are looking and thinking something along those lines. We need players though. If we keep ourselves where we are though, it’ll be easier to sign players with Europe on the cards.

• Toon Tang

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM

is that the reincarnation of geordietoon89 ??

• toon_army_redlichtie85

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Can anybody find alfantinos wiki ?

• stuart no9

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM

super magpie and norris – the answer is yes to both of your questions.the reason is, i am against every thing he stands for. i will be chuft to bits for the team and i wil be there cheering them on and ending up losing my voice for a couple of days as always, but that wont make any difference at all for my feelings towards them 2 guys the sooner they sell the better.

• Dondatta13

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM

A quick question or two for those who might be able to answer them…

Q1) When we got relegated, we qualified for parachute payments. I believe the payments get payed over 3 or 4 years? Do we still have that coming in or did we fore go that, once we won promotion?

Q2) How much interest would you get for having £35million in the bank for a full year?

Thanks in advance, as I’m sure someone will come good 😉

• shanghai fan

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Shanghai please… Obviously size of market china is massive, but for the benefit of the club, disposable income in America and then japan/Singapore/Malaysia/hong kong are probably better… 🙁 From memory didn’t they say Americas facilities were amazing and were a great prep for the team? A really hot and humid Asian tour might not be the best way to prep us for the new season… No china, damn…

• Marty-Toon

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Must say i didn’t like it that he owned the club and wanted him out like most but someone buying the club could destroy what we are achieving at the moment.
    The guy has a great business model plan and even the best Toon fans ambitions of buying the club for the fans to own couldn’t do any better than things are going now.
    AP is doin good although he seems naive in his team set up sometimes,he’s learning hopefully.
    The scouting and youth system is great.
    Would hate it if that got destroyed with trophy signings and glory hunters and cry babies of players

• shanghai fan

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Don The bank of England rate is 0.5%. If the 35m was kept in a bank for a whole year, it would gain 175,000pounds at that rate. It is likely to be less as savings rates are lower than the boe rate and loan rates are higher. Banks make money on the difference.

Also it would be affected if it was drawn upon, as a I say the 175k is based on a whole year. Not much right?

• lizbeth

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Come to America – WE HAVE SYRUP!

• StuW

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I found a cracking gem watching some French football. 20 year old striker from Sochaux(not Maiga) called Sloan Privat. Big lad, strong, has a good eye for goal, quite highly rated in France apparently.

• GeordieToon89

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Toon Tang 89 – Nooooo mate im still here, just dont come on as much due to the amount of arguements and negative behaviour of some people on here, Shame as a love have good banter with most people on here

• GeordieToon89

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Toon Tang** not 89 ha

• Sav

Mar 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM

If these 2 jokes have anything to do with it the touir will likely be to Monte Carlo or Las Vegas – no doubt to blow the Tiote ‘windfall’.