Poll – What Do Newcastle Do With Nile Ranger?

Nile Ranger has significantly blotted his copy book since last summer.

Nile Ranger – will he stay at Newcastle?

Nile must  still go on trial in late June to face  assault charges, but he has been interviewed by the local press today and he is talking about still making an impact on Tyneside.

The first thing this lad must show, is that he can handle himself off the field, because when he joined in the summer of 2008 from Southampton, he had a murky past and had his run-in with the police during he early teenage years, and was basically kicked out by Southampton, if truth be told.

With his latest misdemeanors that may happen to him at Newcastle, and there;’s a very good chance Newcastle will try to unload the 20 year-old over the summer.

Newcastle strikers  Leon Best, Peter Lovenkrands and Sammy Ameobi are all out injured at the moment, and it seems the Londoner is keen to make an impact:

“I just need to keep my head down and work hard – simple. I’m like a forgotten man.” “It would be some story if I did come back and get in the team because I’ve been getting into a bit of bother now and again.”

“People think ‘This guy just gets in trouble week-in, week-out’ but it would be good to get goals and show people a different side.” “My outlook is whatever doesn’t destroy you makes you stronger – that’s definite.”

“Hopefully I can get involved here. Peter Lovenkrands is out with a bad one and Besty has done his knee, so it only leaves Demba, Cisse, Shola and Ben Arfa really.”

“My focus is to still break into the team – it always has been – but if I don’t get games I will have to keep going out on loan.” “Hopefully I don’t have to and I can stay here.”

“The key for me is to make the headlines for the right reasons. People know me for the wrong thing. I just want to play football and keep my nose clean.” “My challenge is to show people my talent.”

“That’s what I wanted to do as a youngster, just go out and show everybody what I’m about. I still want to play for Newcastle – of course I do, it’s a massive club.”

Those are good words from Nile, but we’ve also heard them before and we don’t know what Alan Pardew’s views are on the youngster, and those views will be important.

The Newcastle manager has shown he will not put up with any nonsense from his players,  so Alan may have already have  decided to unload Ranger this summer.

We don’t know what will happen,  but it would not surprise us one little bit,  if Newcastle move him out.

Let us know what you would do.

Should Newcastle Unload Nile Ranger This Summer?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• billy

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Well he certainly is not a striker of any description so he could always mow Ashleys lawn

• lewytoon

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM

first?

• lewytoon

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM

🙁

• Toonboy_84

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I left u a nice post on the last thread billy boy. But u seem to have moved on.

• billy

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Toonboy_84 Yeah i replied did you send it from your cell?

• Phatoon

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Personally think this guy could still be good.

He needs to go out on Loan to get his goal scoring confidence up. He also needs to ditch those “friends” that he keeps getting into trouble with. I bet he wouldn’t be as bad without them.

• Toonboy_84

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM

@billy

I’m sad? Coming from a troll? Nice 1 mate!

• Rotonda heights

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM

heard it all before, plus he can’t hit a barn door in the first team

• Beattie25

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Kelp him for 1 year, let his value go up and go on from there

• wingspan

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:08 PM

@beattie
    I really really hope that your right mate. But i dont think we should get ahead ourselve, theres notthing wrong with dreaming but i just dont think people should get there expectations up too much!

Theres 2 things your forgetting that i think backs my argument up,

a) If we were to sign 4 top top quality players that are premier league proven i would say we had a chance of top 4, but were not going to!! We know were not gonna spend big transfer fees on a player or wages. Which means were relying on GC to find diamonds in the rough. Now the mans a hero and has done exceptionally well so far and ling may it continue, but if he does keep finding them theres 2 worries, reselling obviously and also allowing the players time to adapt to the prem. We all know it takes time, so if he found 4 worldy players i think next season would be too soon.

and

b) We would catch up if eveyone else stood still, but there gonna be recruiting like crazy too so its a never ending battle to catch up.

Lets assess your dream team and see who in it would get into the Chelsea, Utd, City or Arsenal team starting 11.

GK- Krul, Forster, Elliot – Krul maybe at Utd – No
    others

RB- Santon, Tavernier – Neither of them

CB- Colo, Saylor, Caulker, Streete – Colo and Saylor maybe at arsenal tho there lookin better now.

LB- Izaguirre, Fegie – Not seen Izaguirre but not fergie

DM- Tiote, Diame – Tiote at all i think, Best DM in the league in my view. Not Diame

CM- Cabaye, Guthrie, Abied – Cabaye maybe at Arsenal and Utd, but has been poor of late.

AM- Corgnet, Alamfitano, Vuckic – Dont know enough about the frenchies but i would say none

RW- Benny, Marveaux – Benny i think is good enough for any team in the prem on his day, marv ive only seen glimpses of

LW- Guti, Hoilett – neither

CF- Ba, Cisse, Obertan, Rhodes – Demba at Arsenal (when RVP wasnt fit) maybe chelsea and at a push utd no chance at city tho

So not many players really, and to be in the top 4 i think you need 2 quality players for each position.

Like i say mate i hope your right and im wrong, but i just cant see it.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Never mind his nefarious activities,I think his one in thirty five goal ratio should be good enough reason to get rid.

• wingspan

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM

@beattie25
    Ive just read your post again, where u say there or there abouts. I agree with that. I think we can finish 6or 7th next yr.

• Lee Dodd

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM

We all Know that Nile Ranger is a First Class Pratt But He was in the Same Reserve Team as Andy Carroll and The Pair of them were heading for The Big Time at one stage . I would Shove him on the Bench and Give Him a Chance to Proove Himself. Put him in the Shop Window and Sell Him,. if He scores Then Wicked !!!

• Tramp

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Get rid!

He’s not good enough for where we are going.

He will never be a great player because his head is not there.

I don’t think he even has the raw talent let alone the frame of mind.

Bye bye Nile.

• tarie4

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM

wingspan I think u are missing the point here mate…if we get 4 more first teamers will defo have a shout for top 4.
    we might not get it…but we will be in with a shout.. I disagree you coz….. U dnt/shud never compare players or teams…why coz there are 38 games in a season..about 10 of them with the sides above us..and 28 with the team below us…
    What pards shud be looking at is adding quality players (not necessarily top 4 quality…Douglas hoilett etc…this will give us enuf strength to atleast take 4 points from each of the teams below us..and take atleast 1 point from the teams above us… That my good man will make us into a top 4 team…and that to my fellow toon is how mike GC and pards are looking todo…. If we had beaten Norwich Swansea wolves westbrom. Would we not be in the top 4?? We lost coz we had no depth..if we have that….the skies the limit…

• GeordieToon89

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM

He even talks like a pr*ck.. we should send him back on loan this season in the hope he can score goals and be sold

• geoff777

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Someone at the club took a look at Nile last year and thought he was a promising young striker who was worth giving a five year contract. (Pardew + G.Carr?)

Young lads in town-centres across the country make arses of themselves every weekend.
    Some end up in court.

Most learn from their mistakes and grow-up.
    They all deserve to be given another chance.
    You don’t right people off at 19.

I hope Nile gets his chance and now his foot injury has healed he starts to behave like a professional athlete and look after himself. Which includes regular sleep patterns – ie not cruising around at 5am.

C’mon Nile lad!!! Grab your chance.

HWTL

• ilovetoon8788

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM

With the type of players at our disposal, if we could play to the same standard of passing football of Swansea we would be flying in the league.

• wingspan

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM

tarie.
    Thats a very good argument and i cant disagree with what youve said. Maybe im just being overly pessimistic, i hope so. i just think this seasons been a bit of a freak one and weve won at the right times and when weve lost everyone else has too. I think my main point is we shouldnt get our hopes up too much because it creates unecessary pressure on the players.

We played our best at the start of the season when everyone was tipping us for relegation and there was no expectation on the team and they were trying to prove people wrong. Its amazing how the mindset of now trying to qualify for europe can change a mindset and it just means more pressure on the players and i think they are feeling it.

We will see wha summer brings.

• benarfa23

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

i think keep send in on loan next season is the best option, and maybe he will come good, if we ship him out this summer we will not get more than 500k i think

• martoon

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

He has acted like a pr*ck but to be honest if I’d had his money at 19 then I would probably have done a few stupid things – I certainly would have bought a flash car and probably crashed it! I think he deserves one more chance.

• Tsunki

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:03 PM

You can right anyone off at any age for being a recidivist asbo-magnet. Can’t think of many jobs where he would have lasted this long and if you can’t inspire a young ‘un to get his head down for a few grand a week over 5 years guaranteed at the Toon of all places, then you never will. Bye Nile and thanks for all the daily star headlines.

Looks like toys day and early finish for teacher training then btw. 🙁

• cheick Norris

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM

billy must have taken his pills today. bob and Ted are missing.
    i think we should loan ranger out next season. see if he gets his head down and try hard/gets some goals. or if he reverts to type and acts a complete tool.
    1years trial for him

• 09nufc09

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM

At the start of the chapionship season he was a better player thn carroll thn got injured n carroll got games and ranger got put on the bench, its obvious for any that he has talent, pace and strenght n hes scored goals for fun in the reserves! He needed to be loaned out at the start of the season and pardew has admitted that he made a mistakenot loaning him out, if anyone watchedhis few games for barnsley he was oneofthebest players on the pitch his hold up play is very good. Hes made mistakes but so did joey barton, craig bellamy and andy carroll. I would rather have him playing up front for a full game than shola because sholas legs give up after 30 mins, ranger proved he can play in th pl inthe games against liverpool and arsenal last year, he changed a few games last year with his pace and hold up play. If we get in the europa lg thn it will be perfect to let him play some games and get some exp, thats how steven taylor, carroll, krul all made their names.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Get rid, gangsta ranger will never be good enough for the first team, whittle out the crap and move on. How there is even a debate about this issue is beyond me.

• GeordieToon89

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM

ilovetoon8788 – The only way we could play like Swansea is if we got a new manager in, but im quite happy with Pardew atm even though we play shit football and concede loads and only have 1 goal scorer, out of both cups from lesser oposition and conceded 5 away to spurs and fulham and also got beat at home to West Brom. Im still happy with our achievments this season haha

• wynsleap

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM

How about saying sorry for all the things you’ve done Nile? That would be a start.
    You haven’t just let down the manager, the club, your fellow team mates and the supporters but yourself too.
    If you really show remorse and dedication there’s always a way back but the hard work starts NOW.
    If you don’t grab it you’ll never get another chance in the big time and you’ll be lost to the game when someone like Accrington or Halifax takes you on.

• shanghai fan

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM

What to do with Nile ranger?…

I would hand him a set of overalls and a mop and have him clean the toilets for a week. Then he probably would appreciate his football career and not turn up for work late. I would also buy him a watch.

Then I would send him on community service to help victims of gun crime, then he would realise what guns lead to.

Finally I would get him to soend half an hour with Alan Shearer, to teach him how to find the bloody net. 1 in 35 ratio, omg saylors got a better ratio in the last 12 months and he’s supposed to be on the other end of the pitch.

Ability x 0 motivation = 0. I would really love dedicated players at the club.

• StuW

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I would rather see us perennial top 6 team than anything else. That is where we can realistically aim at this moment, as we have no financial backing of a Sheikh or Oil Mogul(if only…). Our first 11 is fine, but the lack of quality depth has killed us at times this season. We lost Saylor, and there should have beem a lot more work done to get a replacement in, even a loan deal.

I don’t expect much change to our starting XI next season, I think if we get five or six good quality squad players in, without losing any of the core players, we will be a much better side. We need a CB, LB(natural), CM, RM and a CF in minimum, and any youngsters we can get.

• shanghai fan

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM

And you guys are probably not surprised I voted yes to ed’s great poll. Thanks Ed

• Rotonda heights

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM

write off even !!! not right off

• ToonHeart

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM

“whatever doesn’t destroy you makes you stronger”
    These words alone make me think he won’t learn his lesson!

• stuart no9

Mar 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM

cant see what all the debate is about ranger.he s a waste of space who cant even score goals , he certainly is no striker. dont know what he is really, just give him away to anybody that will have him.

• gonufc

Mar 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I’ve never seen anything from him that makes him look anywhere near good enough regardless of all this trouble he’s supposedly got into.

• Toon Tang

Mar 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM

defo keep him. he will come good in the end

• davis_toons

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Anyone remb LouisSaha ?

• davis_toons

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

He should be put out on loan and watch at. Prove it words means nothing.

• FAU

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:57 AM

He was good in 2009, and okay in 2010, and downhill started.

sold him