Shola Ameobi Is Banging The Door Down To Play

With Papiss Cisse struggling just a little bit in trying to deal with the English language while also getting to grips with the Premier League, it could be that a certain Shola Ameobi will come to the fore in the last 10 games of the season.

Shola Ameobi – after scoring equalizer against Sunderland

Earlier this year Shola had made some sub appearances, and he was in that form that is so frustrating,  when he seems to do nothing right.

But when he came on against Sunderland, the old enemy, he got the penalty and scored the dramatic equalizer in stoppage time, and Alan Pardew is saying he is banging the door down to play for Newcastle.

This is what Alan Pardew said yesterday, starting off talking about Papiss:

“If I think he needs a rest, I will take him out of the team because Shola Ameobi is banging the door down to play.”

“We have players on the cusp of really playing well and we have to just push them over the edge.” “I don’t think it settling in and dealing with the language has affected his ability.”

“I just think that maybe the role that he plays for us is slightly different to the one he’s played before – and when someone is asking you to do something a little bit different, it can knock you out of what you were doing well.”

“So I have to get the balance right with him, but of course I am not getting much feedback at the minute.” “He is finding his feet and he is not too sure about me and he does not know me – it is a relationship you have to build as you go along.

“I had the same with Demba. I think that there were three or four games earlier this season where Demba didn’t start. When you look at him now you say ‘why did he not he start all of those games?’

“You have to understand each other to get the best out of each other, and the language is an issue with Papiss.”

Shola will definitively play some part in tomorrow’s game against Norwich, and the Nigerian-born striker will be keen at to add to his two goals of this season.

It wouldn’t surprise us one little bit if Shola gets a goal tomorrow, and since it’s now three games since Demba Ba scored against Aston Villa, he’s due a goal too.

3 points tomorrow against Norwich is what we want to see, and things in the Newcastle garden will look a lot better tomorrow if we can accomplish that – that’s for sure.

• cheick Norris

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM

check tiote banged the door down. shola just stood there looking quite meek and said “boss. i would really like to play the next match. pretty please.”

• LewSpi

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Shola will start tomorrow, in a 442

————-Krul
    Simmo Willo Colo Santon
    Benny Cabaye Tiote Jonas
    ——–Shola Demba

It’s not what I’d choose, but I reckon it’s what he’ll play.

• tdt

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I really hope Everton and Spurs win the FA cup games today, then spurs win the final. That’ll keep the mackems down physiologically and create an extra Europa league spot for 7th place, I think!

• tdt

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Lewspi – going on the comments from Pardew this morning I’d agree that’s a likely line up. Id prefer Cisse in stead of shola, and then sub Cisse for shola after 65-70 mins.

Not confident about Williamson either, although aerial ability is his strong point, so maybe this is a match he will excel. Hope so anyway, he’s struggled with the passing game of the past few opponents.

• DarloGeordie

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Just got my new shirt sent over to Australia with Cisse 9 on the back, hope he comes good and settles into the English game. Looking forward to wearing my colours again and spreading the passion down under…

I don’t mind Shola I have met him twice and he is a great guy he gets far too much stick from us, just like Simpson, I see he has deleted his Twitter account due to some of the Mackems in disquise that pretend to support this club. Pure scum.

5 more wins please Mr Pardew

HWTL

Loving life living the dream

• nightfa11

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM

jonas is clearly in need of a rest, but pardew talks about pappis who has 4 apperances:D

• Benton Toon Exile

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Shola looks to have slimmed down a bit, and is obviously hitting it off well with Ba and Cisse.

I would love it! Love it! if Shola scored a hattrick against Norwich……He’s a Toon player and a Geordie!

Haway the lads!

• Cheickn Stevens

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Barricade the door! Do not let him enter!

• North Atlantic Magpie

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Shola can be an impact sub late in the game but the is way too lazy to start a game.

• max

Mar 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM

he is only good as our supersubs