Pardew’s Astute Handling Of Frenchman Paying Big Dividends

Ben Arfa is getting a lot of good press at the moment, and we suppose that’s not unusual for a footballer who is so gifted.

Ben Arfa struggles with van Persie for the ball Monday night

Ben Arfa wasn’t used to tracking back or doing many defensive duties when he played for Lyon and Marseilles in France,  but the Newcastle manager has insisted that he do his fair share of work, when he’s in the black and while colors of Newcastle.

And he worked his socks off at Arsenal on Monday night,  and also managed to score his 4th goal of the season, and it was another beauty that was in the net before we realized it.

And it was certainly past Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny before he could  react too much, as the Frenchman took the shot so early.

Ben Arfa was interviewed in the Sunday Sun today and he had this to say:

“I have been waiting for an opportunity to play games and now it is here – I want to make the most of it,”   “It is very important to be on the pitch and now I am there, it is on me to help the team.”

“It is correct that when you’re a football player, you want to be on the pitch, but I carried on with training, getting fitter and trying to get better.”  “The manager told me to keep training hard.”

“He insisted that I was here for training all the time – the more you train and the better you train, the more likely I was to be on the pitch.”  “It took me time. It is a different league here. It is a 90-minute energy that you need.”

“The coach and the staff put that philosophy into us all the time, it helps.”  “I am very happy to be on the pitch and now we are into the last 10 games.”  “Those are the games where you have to do something good and I hope we’re ready to play these last 10 games.

“I’m very, very ready. I really hope that we can make it into Europe.”  “If it is possible then that is what I want.”    “There was big pressure in France on me. But it is part of life, and I take responsibilities for that status,”   “I think it is good to come to England.”

“I feel less of the pressure that there was in France.”  “I really hope to be there with the team. Whether I am going to be part of the group or not is up to me. If my performances are good enough I can be part of the team.”

Those are really good and mature words from 25 year-old Ben Arfa, and we’ll have to drop the tag that Ben Arfa is a problem player, because Alan Pardew has said that he has been no trouble at all at Newcastle.

Reading what Ben Arfa says above,  it seems some of those words are what Alan Pardew has not only been drumming into Ben Arfa, but also into the other Newcastle players, and the penny has certainly dropped with the French lad, and he will become a uch better player for it.

There were a lot of  French press there at the game in London on Monday night, and they were there to see Ben Arfa, one of France’s most mercurial players at the moment, and he seems to have recovered  well from his double leg break, and  still has all the skills he had before the injury.

The French press saw Ben Arfa in great form on Monday night,  and he scored a wonderful goal, and if he can keep that form up  through the rest of the season, he will see himself in the French squad for the European Championships this summer, and Newcastle will have done very well in the league come the end of the season.

It would be great for Newcastle fans to see both Yohan Cabaye and Ben Arfa starting for France in the European Championships this summer.

It says a lot of Alan Pardew that he is now bringing the best out of Ben Arfa, and he is making him into a better player for Newcastle,  and for France too.

• gorgonzola

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM

“totally unimportant wih the Muamba business right now, but did anyone see swansea last night?

Now that is how you play football.”

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaapp Rudy…did you watch is quick passing, player to player I am envious, and before they start screaming we are sixth well they are 8th so NO we dont need to play hoofball…

• Dannyo

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM

U all forgetting how we demolished Swansea last time we met them? Just sad we couldn’t grab the win at the time…

• jesperfuglsang

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM

We might have demolished Swansea, but so were we against Fulham and Spurs.

If I had to choose between the way we play and the way Swansea play it is an easy picking 😀

Swansea it is!

• Shearer260

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Great for Newcastle fans, but not for England fans.

• davybtoon

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Ffs this long ball thing with us a myth we get it down knock it around, dannyo spot on we simply man marked n high pressure n Swansea jus didn’t have a clue what to do, we jus couldn’t score

• ToonDownSouth

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM

It’s dumb how people think Brendan Rodgers made them play like that over night.

It started years before he was even at the club. You can’t just adopt that style of football at the click of a button.

It took Swansea 5 or 6 years. It took Barcelona even longer. But Newcastle fans don’t have the patience for anything remotely long term.

• Black White Army

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I know the whole situation that occurred yesterday was tragic and i hope muamba a speedy recovery, but out of curiosity as the game was suspended, what happens next? do they play only one half with the score 1-1?

• davybtoon

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Tds exactly it was even longer than think it was about 7 year ago they started like that n there only seeing benefits now n who started it Roberto Martinez

• jesperfuglsang

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM

It is really not that difficult and I would say if you get players whom are used to play 4-4-3 to play 4-4-2 and you could do it the other way around as well.

It is not rocket science 🙂

Our limitation is probably whether Pardew can make the change. Time will tell.

• davybtoon

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Jesper pardew has always played quick passing football at other clubs, trouble here is he has trying to do the basics ryt n once we do the football will follow

• jesperfuglsang

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM

So what’s with the 7 years and so so 🙂

We have the players and if Pardew knows how to play quick pass and move football on the deck, then what’s holding him back 🙂

• Sgt. Heagerty

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Most of the lads who are on this bologna weren’t here two years ago when we spent the better part of 2 months hoping, wishing, ans praying this lad would come to the toon. GEORDIE TOON ARFA I dubbed him at the time. This blot has changed so much since then. Its hard for me to comment anymore. I will always read the bologna but the comments of the newer people to this blot sicken me at times. We are bloody 6th in the league less two seasons removed from the biggest crisis in club history. We were on the brink of administration. Had been relegated with a core group of so called superstars ( overpaid over the hill no heart mercenaries) and still the toon army stuck by the club on this blog. I haven’t posted on here in almost a month due to.some of the utter shite I have read on here. Some people were calling for the sacking of the best gaffer we have had since sir Bobby Robson. Some people were bashing our players. Some were not satisfied with our current spot in the table. This sickens me. What drew me to Newcastle United in 2004 when I was fighting for my life in Baghdad was the Geordie pride and spirit. The heart and grit of the club. The history of the club. But mainly the tenacity, spirit, never say die, uncompromising loyalty, and overall brilliance of the toon army. The vast majority of the toon army is still the same but some of you negative bums need to read this and pull your heads outfall your arse and get behind our troops. I cannot listen to the utter garbage anymore that Alena pardew should be sacked, the man should get a raise and a statue. I will not listen to anymore bashing of our own players if they are playing theeir guts out for the strip. I will not listen to anymore Ashley bashing either and I have never like the man but through all his.mistakes he has learned and saved our club. I’m sure ill get blasted for this but I don’t care ive been on this Bligh for 6 years and have even had a story done on me for this blog and ill have my say. Some of you lads need to look in the mirror and fix this shite and help out for the push ti Europe. Newcastle United til death.

Sgt. Caleb heagerty us army infantry (medically retired due to wounds in Iraq)
    howay the lads!