Potentially Hopeful News On Patrice Muamba

There is news from the London Chest Hospital in Bethnel Green and the Bolton Football club that Fabrice Muamba appears to be making some progress.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle addresses press outside London Chest Hospital.

This is the joint statement issued tonight:

“Fabrice Muamba remains in intensive care at The London Chest Hospital. He is continuing to show signs of improvement this evening.”

“He is currently able to breathe independently without the aid of a ventilator. He has also been able to recognise family members and respond to questions appropriately.”

“These are all positive signs of progress. However, his condition remains serious and our medical staff in intensive care will continue to monitor and treat him.”

“His family and club would like to thank the media for continuing to respect their privacy at this time.”

In these situations people are warned not to get over-optimistic, but Bolton sources have told Press Association Sport that the 23-year-old has made considerable progress,  and the signs are looking  positive for the player.

23 year-old Zaire born Patrice Muamba

And Bolton FC have pointed out that it is not unknown for patients to plateau at this stage, and that Patrice Muamba remains in critical condition,  but these are certainly hopeful signs.

We continue to hope and pray the 23 year-old will come out of this okay.

• pengy

Mar 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Fantastic news, hope he makes a full recovery and bolton can stay up for him.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Mar 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM

here’s hoping

• t00ntime

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM

will he still play football for bolton afterwards? I would understand if he hung his boots up

• rich_toonfan

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

sure it will depend on the cause of his cardiac arrest…had a specialist saying its unlikely to be a heart attack so if an underlying condition he might not be able to risk it again

• thepict

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

This is positive news. Hope he recovers.

• Marty-Toon

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Get well lad,been praying for ya.
    May the lord take ya through this ok

• pbNcl

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Everybody’s rootin for ya Muamba son, your in good hands.

I think we’re havin a crackin season, I’m not too bothered if we play scrappy games and grind out a result by the skin of our teeth. That’s competition for ya, I don’t share the arsenal philosophy of ”attractive” football. You see the demba lad’s’s goals this year, ben arfa, and the odd belta goal from gutierrez and raylor, and I’m a happy lad. We do have class, but were gritty bas*ards. We’ve been kickin around the top all season and I’m chuffed to bits

Rootin for qpr this wed big time! Come on barton lad do us a favour haha

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Think for the sake of his young family, Fabrice would much rather that he just lives. Whether he is able to play football again is irrelevant. Apparently he is an intelligent young man so I think he will be ok.

Let’s hope he pulls through 😀

• Toon Tang

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

no way will he play footy again . not a chance . any history of serious heart problems such as this and they tell ya to take it easy with only really light exercise. 90 minute of midfield battling aint taking it easy haha

get well soon anyways eh

• reverend-of-toon

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Fab news (excuse the pun lol) I hope he can remain in foota in some way as he can be a positive infulence on the younger players in English game as a whole.

• nufc786

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

tough as nails that lad wish him a speedy recovery

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

If the lad gets through this alright being alive will be enough of a shining career I would think. He should be able to retire and still be part of the football world in some way.

• jimmymagpie

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Just been told that it is hitting the press tomorrow that Chelsea are to pay £30m for 2 Ncle players, believed to be Tiote and Krul.

• t00ntime

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I first of all hope he recovers of course
    I was only wondering about the football thing cause I wudnt like to see it happen again but also dont want him to be unhappy thinking what cud of become of me if it didnt happen

had a friend who was paralyzed in a motorbiking incident (only one arm but still) making it almost impossible to ride a bike, he was very good, weather he wud of made it to the prof’s is another question but he got very depressed thinking about what he could of become if he didnt get on the bike that day. (he is alright and happy now)

I’m sure like tsunki said he can get a job somewhere in the football industry, when he recovers!

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Hmmmm. Who told you that jimmymagpie? Is that a joke? Can’t see us dropping back to our reserve keeper and we dont really have a replacement for Tiote lined up. Unless we get swapsies 🙂

• t00ntime

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

@jimmy and they will be told where to get off, krul is worth atleast 10 and tiote 15/20 ATLEAST

MA knows how much money chelski have and how much they blow on sh1te (torres) so he will want more then 30mil…

• jimmymagpie

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Tsunki – It is in the press tomorrow, the Independent, amongst others. They state that Ashley is a Chelsea fan and a friend of Abramovich.

• ochytoon

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Jimmymagpie
    I see you’re back with your bullsh*t rumours again.

MESSAGE TO EVERYONE WHO DOESN’T REMEMBER THIS GUY, ALL HIS RUMOURS ARE COMPLETE TOSH, DON’T THINK HE GOT A SINGLE ONE RIGHT IN THE SUMMER.

• jimmymagpie

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Krul is the one I don’t want to lose – how many points has that lad won for this club this season? I have seen Elliott in a few reserve games, and the thought of him playing in the Premier League horrifies me.

• jimmymagpie

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Ochytoon – look again mate – got them all right. Barton ? Noble? Carroll? Enrique? Confusing me with somebody else. Read tomorrow – if you can, or, read the latest tweets from Mark Douglas, he’s obviously seen the same story – there is even a picture of Krul attached to the story!

• pbNcl

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

We all know Krul won’t go, he’s proper commited like. He’s one of us. Chelsea have been sniffing round tank for ages its old news. I’m not sure he’s a ship jumper, I’ve always thought he’s settled well and by no means are chelsea gonna offer 30m for Tiote alone. Cos that’s what it would need for ashley to listen. Daft cash

• ochytoon

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

jimmy
    Don’t want to accuse you of being someone your not but I believe I and a few other members had multiple run ins with you during last January/summer transfer windows. My sincerest apologies if it was not you but I can’t be certain it wasn’t.

• rich_toonfan

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

they both have 5 years left on contracts so ball in our court, we can demand silly fee’s if they go

and tiote for over £20mil is amazing, he fouls too much and looses possession in our half a lot…..best we have but can be replaced

• jimmymagpie

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Ochy – I haven’t indulged in any gossip since last march, when after telling you that Carroll would leave in January, I told you that Noble, Barton, nd Enrique would leave in the summer, and because I got such abuse, I haven’t divulged anything since. What I have said above is being reported in the press tomorrow – I haven’t claimed it to be true or otherwise, because I don’t know.

• jimmymagpie

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Rich – to be totally controversial, I thought that Perch was our man of the match in the Tiote role yesterday.

• davybtoon

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

It is in the paper tomorrow but so what doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen when will u ppl learn, how many players the paper linked us with since jan how many we signed none

• pbNcl

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

If were sellin the likes of gosling, guthrie, alan smith etc etc… Then it wouldn’t make sense to sell arguably one of the best dm in europe to our opposition. When our financial position looks so strong. I don’t buy into the ”ashley’s just in it for the cash” anymore so I think it would take a daft offer and even then I’m not so sure.

• JAMSHA

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

great news on the lad. prayn he recovers very soon

• t00ntime

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

@rich just need to wait for us to starting passing! when AP can settle benny cabaye ba and cisse (if we keep em) they will all shine including tiote.

AP said hopefully raylor will be back for liverpool, that cant be nice for ben arfa lol who did good/great last 2 games and is now pretty much been told when raylors back ur on the bench :S

• ToonDownSouth

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

All jimmy did was post tomorrows headline. Didn’t make anything up.

But lets be real here, the papers have had Tiote to Chelsea about 20 times since he joined us. And already joining Spurs and Liverpool.

• davybtoon

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

N I will tell u why it’s crap bcoz Chelsea hav an amazing young keeper on loan at athletico Madrid

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Best credit I can give this rumour is that players agents are cranking up, rival top of the table clubs are stirring the large pot of boiling crap, or the fishing has begun by the media in the same way as the ‘Clausegate’ scandal with Ba, whcih while I mention it, will be regurgitated again without doubt. If this does appear in newsprint, remember to cut it into squares and pierce a hole through the corners for the string to thread through.

• MacToon

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Good news about Muamba and hopefully he’ll continue his fight for recovery. We’re all routing for you.

that American on twitter, Walken4GOP should be strung up to be honest, he’s an embarrassment to the human race.

Jimmymagpie’s right that it is being talked about by Douglas on twitter and looks like it’s in the papers tomorrow.
    An interesting point though, Chelsea haven’t got a permenent manager so who’s buying them….. Abramovich? lol, the worlds gone mad… oh it’s ‘cos Ashley’s a Chelsea fan ofc!

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Ah the whole “we’re selling our best players” crap has come early. I would have least thought that the scare mongerers would have had the courtesy to wait until the summer before bringing the rest of us down.

• ToonDownSouth

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

* And Krul is already joining Spurs and Liverpool.

• davybtoon

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

U lot need to learn that if it’s in a paper it doesn’t mean it’s true, if that’s the case we already have 20 players signed for the summer lol,
    Also most journos are Chelsea, spurs, arsenal n man utd fans hence the reason they always get linked with the best players

• pbNcl

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I think john terry is the chelsea manager

• jimmymagpie

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Toontime – Ben Arfa was great yesterday? Did you go to the game? Toon down South – thanks mate. If we took no notice of what was in the papers or elsewhere in the media, it wouldn’t half cut the talk on here, because I know that a lot of you don’t go the games, as i come home and notice that some of have been blogging whilst the games are being played, which I find incredibly strange. Anyway, goodnight lads, HTL!

• davybtoon

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Lol I think tiote got linked with Chelsea the week after his first game for us haha

• MacToon

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

pbNcl@ 37, lol very true.