The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Tiote Fails Fitness Test – Demba Ba Not A Streaker

11:14 am, Saturday, March 24th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 246 Comments

Cheick Tiote was said yesterday to be only 50-50 for the game tomorrow against West Brom at The Hawthorns.

Cheick Tiote – has just failed a fitness test

That’s what Alan said in his press conference  yesterday, and he has come out today and said he will not risk the Ivorian,  if he’s not fully fit:

“I won’t risk him, 100%, no way will I risk him.”  “He is as important a player as we have here.”

“I have made that very, very clear in my team selection.”

And the  Daily Mail is reporting  that Cheick Tiote has just failed a fitness test today, and will not play tomorrow, so it looks like it’s the second game in a row without the Ivory Coast International in the starting eleven.

With Danny Guthrie just chomping at the bit for a start we wouldn’t be surprised if Danny gets another  start tomorrow, but where he would play we don’t know.

Newcastle started last week with James Perch and Danny Guthrie in central midfield, and Yohan Cabaye  out on the left wing with Jonas Gutierrez at left back, but we’d be surprised if that’s the team tomorrow.

It seems that James Perch will keep his defensive midfield position,  but who gets the other spot in the middle of the park we don’t know, although Pardew will hardly start Cabaye on the bench?

And we know that Demba  Ba has not scored in his last three games, but it seems that Alan Pardew is not too concerned about that.

After all Demba  Ba went a good number of games early in the season,  before he netted his  first goals for Newcastle, a hat trick against Blackburn Rovers at St. James’  Park on September 24th.

And Ba now has scored 16 goals in the PL, and is in 4th position in the goal-scoring charts behind only Robin van Persie (26), Wayne Rooney (20) and Sergio Aguero (17).

Alan Pardew has pointed out that Ba in his career has scored regularly, and doesn’t have too many of those barren spells:

“If you look at the history of Demba, he does not get streaky periods. He’s consistently knocking on the door.”

“We’re only talking four or five games with him and, don’t forget, he missed a penalty two games ago. He will score ­before too long, for sure.”

So - given what Alan has said above,  we suppose we could say our Senegal striker is not a streaker?

We are expecting a goal from Demba tomorrow, and how Newcastle do could well depend again on what kind of game James Perch has – if he starts in defensive midfield which now seems likely.

James had had a number of good games for  Newcastle this year already, and long may that continue.

Comments welcome.

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Danny Guthrie · Demba Ba · Injuries · James Perch · Jonas Gutierrez · Newcastle News

246 responses so far ↓

• 1 Cool Hand Luke // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM

1st

sorry

• 2 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM

if any comments are left by billy/bob/ted please do NOT respond

• 3 Toonboy_84 // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM

@1

Congratulations! Your parents must be proud.

• 4 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM

luke were not doing first anymore, were warning people not too speak to the makems on the blog

• 5 t00ntime // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I’m not saying he didnt fail a fitness test, but how would the daily mail know? Simpson did his fitness test on the sunday (last week) just before the game so why would tiote do it on a saturday?

On the last post I saw some comments about Douglas and Pieters coming in and making our defence look good. The only pronlem is we need a RB and CB cover. Next season Steven Taylor will be back and you will have a hard time finding a better CB with the same passion and comitment.
    Last week Santon started on the bench even though he is better then Simpson, this tells me that Pardew knows Santon is a LB and not a RB meaning we need a new RB.

Pardew keeps talking about Ryan Taylor been a big miss (press confrence post match). I don’t see where Ryan is going to fit in, Ben Arfa is a must! Other then Jonas no one else has created a chance in the last 2 games. Ben arfa was outstanding against Arsenal, he wasnt too shabby against norwich neither (not great either) but just when he started attacking and getting in the game he got subbed. This tells me that Pardew wants to play safe the last 9 games and I can tell you out of experience (watching England and Newcastle) that scoring 1 goal and then defending for the rest of the game doesn’t work! definatly not when the keeper gives it straight back to them, it’s just a relentless attack for 90 mins, Krul is good and all but NEVER KICK IT AGAIN lol

• 6 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM

————krul—————
    santon–willo–collo—jonas
    ——–perch–guthrie——
    HBA——————cabs—
    ———–ba—————-
    —————-cisse——-

• 7 steve // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM

t00ntime – I agree with all most everything you just posted. Especially the last line lol :D

• 8 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I’m sorry, but if we could get 25m for Tiote, I’d take it. I’m a huge fan of his, he can dominate the midfield by himself on his day, but he’s not on the pitch often enough: injuries, suspensions, AFCON, how many matches as he actually played this season, for us? I’d say it’s probably shy of 20.

• 9 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

we could easy get £25mill for tiote. best DM in the league bar yaya

• 10 ~Papiss-Toon~ // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM

30mill + van aanholt for tiote and i’d consider.

• 11 steve // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:48 AM

No offence lads but I reckon your valuations are off the mark. Look at what was spent in the winter. 10mil was the biggest fee paid. We can speculate and that’s fair enough but who is really going to pay 25 million for Tiote. 20 million would be the very top end for me. More like 15ish.

• 12 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Steve,
    Here here,and I’d like to think we’re in a position to turn that kind of money down.

• 13 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Don’t believe a word the Daily mail spouts…

Hope it’s not true, Tiote’s just the man we need to protect our defence against the pace West Brom have. Every cloud has a silver lining… Guthrie deserves more game time, so it’s not the end of the world if he starts instead of Tiote, but I thought he was pretty awful against Norwich. He kept disappearing! We’ll need a big game from him if he starts.

• 14 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

He’s appeared in 17 of 34 matches so far (according to Wiki), by the way.

• 15 geoff777 // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM

If Chelsea / Man Utd decide they need a strong DM there is no better than Tiote.

If they think he’s going to help them win titles, cups and the Champions League then 25M is a fair price.
    Ashley may play hard ball and hold out for 30M+ who knows, should be an interesting summer.

• 16 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I don’t know if she’s got the X factor but that Tulissa has definately got talent.

• 17 t00ntime // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

You try and put something productive in too the conversation and everybody just goes back to the ‘how much is tiote worth’

It all depends on who wants him, Carroll was wanted by liverpool and tottenham (dont know why like) once 30mil was offerd (that shocked me ) It was all about who wanted him more, in the end liverpool offerd 35 and carroll was gone. The same for tiote, MA will let the first bid come in reject it and wait to see if any other big clubs want him, if not he ain’t going nowhere if they do it depends on the cash ;-) valuating players is hard simply because it depends which club is trying to buy.Man city will offer more then norwich chelsea more then arsenal etc etc. (for some reason liverpool only want to buy tripe so we are safe from them :D )

• 18 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

It’s a tough call for the formation ’cause we need to be strong in the middle but not too narrow or they’ll use their pace to get behind us from the flanks. It would be good to see players swapping around and popping up in different places, which is what we seemed to do vs Norwich, quite effectively at times. You have to get your tactics right against a Woy Hodgson team.

• 19 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

t00ntime

If we get an early goal and try to defend a slender lead for the rest of the match… I’m not sure I’ll cope!

• 20 Tommyy // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Rowan – If we do that, not only will we probably mess it up and concede, but I’ll also be thoroughly annoyed. I wish we’d just go out to win and play some football and keep the tempo high for 90 minutes. Instead of in a brief 20 minute period in the first half.
    This won’t happen though, I think we will attack from the off for the first 20 or so, either score and sit back. Or revert into hoofball and get dominated.

• 21 ilovetoon8788 // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM

It’s becoming dubious this Tiote fitness test thingy. Most likely they are negotiating deals for him. 25million and i’d take it. 20mil is fine but we should ask for more. 1 of the best in the league.

• 22 Kebabacus // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Tiote will be a big miss, but having arisen from the flames of derision, I believe James ‘The Phoenix’ Perch will be our saviour.

—————Krul
    Simpson – Willo -Colo – Santon
    ———-The Phoenix
    Ben Arfa – Guthrie – Cabaye – Guti
    —————-Ba

• 23 Tommyy // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Either way, I highly doubt we will play well, and if we win it will be by 1 goal, some resolute defending and a barrel load of luck. As per.
    Saying that, let’s hope I’m being overly pessimistic!

• 24 Tommyy // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM

If Perch plays we are in for a rocky afternoon, he might play decently but he hasn’t got that presence and saps others confidence around him.

• 25 Tommyy // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Kebabacus – that’s actually a good formation, if Perch sticks in there and offloads it to Cabaye and Guthrie to play it about abit with Ba and HBA passing and moving.
    The trouble will arise when Cabaye starts to sit back alongside Perch, inviting them onto us and leaving Guthrie isolated and therefore out of the run of play.

• 26 GeordieToon89 // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Ben3Arfa – A think thats your name, from the last article you said if we dont manage to tie up Guthrie we’ll bring in Danny Drinkwater from Barnsley.? He doesnt play for Barnsley he plays for Leicester, he signed for Leicester from Man Utd in January for an undisclosed fee, he’s also always injured he cant keep himself fit and wouldnt get any where near our team

• 27 mickg108 // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I would be happy with £25 Million,,we have Abeid ( Although AM) can play in Tiote’s position…Wonder why Pardew Bottled it during ACON & never played Mehdi..

• 28 Benton Toon Exile // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM

To all those who are saying sell Tiote at the right price!

Can you play a big bag of money in midfield?
    Who would you get to replace him?
    Oh! yes, I forgot Graham Carr will pull one out of his arse!

Have you watched the Toon without Tiote in the side?
    Have you looked at the results when he plays v doesn’t?

I would fight tooth and nail to keep the fella and build the team around him……And he also happens to love Newcastle unlike the mercenaries who might replace him!

• 29 GeordieToon89 // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Everyone saying if Chelsea/Man Utd need a defensive midfielder than Tiote is the best.. Well imo Diame from Wigan is just as good and would do much better in a good team and he’s available for FREE so why would they spend £20/£25million on a player when they can get someone just as good and slightly younger who is much more experienced for FREE lol!… but if they do want to buy Tiote then fair enough i’d be quite happy selling him for £20million and getting Diame for a free transfer

• 30 Ben3arfa // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Krul
    Simpson Williamson Collo Jonas
    Perch Guthrie Cabaye
    HBA Cisee Ba

Thats Our Most probable starting line up tomorrow
    Same starters as the game vs norwich

• 31 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Tommyy

Yeah, we do have a habit of being too negative and inviting the pressure on ourselves. We really can’t afford to do that tomorrow. The best example was vs wolves – we should have beat them 4/5-0, but after 2 quick goals we sat back and tried to defend for over an hour… bad move.

Kababacus

Haha, ‘The Pheonix.’ Love it! Though it may be a bit premature to start singing his praises too much… he’s definitely improving and was very decent against Norwich, so that’s really good, but he’s still got a way to go to prove himself a consistent and reliable performer for me. Here’s hoping! I also agree that’s a good formation but it would be cruel to drop Cisse after his last game, great goal, should have got another but he made a hell of a nuisance of himself. you have to reward players for good performances… it’s a tough call, no doubt.

• 32 GeordieToon89 // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Diame is also a team mate of Ba and Cisse from Senegal, not that it makes a difference but still

• 33 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Benton toon
    Exactly,the stats don’t lie and we have performed much better with Tiote in the side than out,Graham Care is a talented scout not a f*c*king magician.

• 34 Kebabacus // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Tommyy – After the performance against Norwich I just hope Pardew changes things. It would be nice to see some youngsters on the pitch too. We looked tired last week, and the lack of ideas and energy was scary.

• 35 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM

On Tiote…

Yeah, £25m would be nice but in today’s financial climate it is probably a tad unrealistic, unless City or Chelski came in for him. I think the days of big, big spending might be almost over… althopugh he’s worth every penny, so you never know. But we must fight to keep him! He’s everything we could want in a player: great performer, great attitude. He’s said he loves it here, he wants to stay loyal (I think) so we should recognise and reward that and keep him. It’s good to have players who genuinely love playing for the Toon, and I think he’s one of them. Plus, he’s awesome.

• 36 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I don’t care the least how we play tomorrow, as long as we bring home those vital 3 points.

• 37 Kebabacus // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Rowan – Yeah, dropping Cisse would be harsh… but if we go with 5 in midfield the ball needs to stick up front, and Ba is a little better at holding it up. Plus, we can bring Cisse on after 60/70 minutes with his pace up against (hopefully) tired legs.

Talking of impact subs, am I the only one who thinks Shola has been playing amazingly well recently? Super-sub is definitely his role.

• 38 GeordieToon89 // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Dannyo – Same here mate a honestly couldnt care if we get battered for 89minutes and we score in the last minute and win 1-0 couldnt careless aslong as we win 3 points is the most important, weve played sh*te nearly all season and still won so why change now ha

• 39 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM

And if these players are so easy to replace why didn’t Spurs cash in 40M for Modric and then just go and buy a 3.5M better replacement.

• 40 Sgt. Heagerty // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Lads, I cant hardly comment on here anymore. I am so sick of the.negative shite on here. You would think we were about to go tits up like rangers and fighting a relegation battle. We are bloody 6th in the league, 2 away from chelski and 5 clear of the evil wallet snatchers. You idiots calling sir Alan pardew a hopeless manager and questioning his tactics are licking windows with a safety helmet on. You don’t get to 6th in the league after losing 4 of our best players at the time with limited funding by being a terrible gaffer. We are on the verge of the most points since sir Bobby (God rest is Geordie soul peace be upon him)

• 41 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Kebabacus

An impact sub is a good option for Cisse, agreed. We have a few players who are good for that – HBA, Cisse and yes, Shola! I agree. He was good vs Man Utd, pretty awful after that but in the last few games he seems to have come back into form. He’s a great option to bring off the bench and he can hold up the ball very well, like Ba in that respect. I think a 5-man MF is probably the way to go tomorrow as we have to bully that area, accommodate their width and protect our CB’s. Colo and Willo can’t handle pacey strikers running at them so we need to back them up as much as possible. But if we’re going to do tat then we have to support Ba in attack – HBA and Cabaye in particular will have to be very mobile and run their black n white socks off.

• 42 Sgt. Heagerty // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM

How about some pride and Geordie spirit we are so famous for. How about some respect for the ex felon Mr Ashley ( charged and convicted.of first degree relegation, served his time and is now on the up) and Sir Alan pardew aka the silver fox. Please lads ive loved and been a member of this blot since 2007 when ed did a story on me. Don’t take.this away from me.

• 43 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Sgt. Heagerty

I agree that calling Pardew a muppet, Pard-who etc is ridiculous but it’s fair to question some of his tactics. He’s really grown on me and I think he’s done a fantastic job overall, no doubt, but sometimes he has been too negative and sat back in games too early. That’s happened a few times. He’s doing a great job so far, but he has made some mistakes – which is only to be expected, I just want to see him learn from them, that’s all. But yeah, calling for his head (which I’ve seen a few times on this blog) is pretty outrageous.

• 44 Robby Bobson // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Sorry but Pardew didn’t say hes out.

He said he won’t risk him…basically if hes not 100% tomorrow, he wont be risked.

• 45 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Dannyo

I’ve got this down as a 1-0 to us – I even used my £10 free Skybet on it! I don’t think we’ll get battered as we’re good enough to cope with West Brom, but I think they will batter us in spells – it’s the way they play, and their pace can cause anyone problems. So long as we survive the spells of their attacks and don’t make silly mistakes, we should be OK to win this one. A late Cisse strike to bring home the 3 points!

• 46 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM

With Tiote – P 17 W7 D7 L3

Without Tiote – P 17 W9 D1 L7

• 47 Kebabacus // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Sgt. Heagerty – all pretty positive on this thread mate. I’m loving this season, those who aren’t have no idea about football. Anyway, I’m in sunny Spain, my glass is always half full over here :)

• 48 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM

So we’ve got 28 points with and without him? Hmm… Strange. When does that record date back to?

• 49 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM

If anyone thinks we play too negatively they need a reality check on where we are and the players we have.

We don’t have the player (yet) to play open creative football, if we attack we get spanked – so you have to play conservative. I don’t think we have played to badly, it’s been mixed bag AND when we have played route one football we have actually been relatively successful it – if it ain’t broke.

Once we bring in 3-4 more players of the calibre of what we have recently THEN we can start to pass and attack more – when we once again have a solid back four like we did start of the season.

• 50 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Kebabacus – you swine! Though it’s a lovely sunny day here in England too…

• 51 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Anyone watching the Chelsea – low and behold two quality teams are passing sideways and looking nervous – not just us then eh? ;-)

Come on spuds! We need to overtake chelsea tomorrow.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Pfp
    Interesting.

• 53 Kebabacus // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Oink! The jamon is amazing out here ;)

• 54 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I have a good feeling for tomorrows game, something i haven’t had for a while.
    I think the lads confidence is on its way upwards.
    But also, i think we’re nervous and feeling the pressure, so i don’t expect much of a football match.
    It’s a battle with Nervousness vs Confidence tbh, a win would help us, a loss or draw would make us feel the pressure.

Remember, we haven’t been at 50 points since 2006, we’re a fairly new team overall, so we’re not settled our that experienced. It’ll be gritty imo, but hopefully we’ll still grab the win.

• 55 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Nah, some of those are of course cup games (3 wins and 2 defeats without him) then there’s the Saylor factor (he’s been a startling miss).

So league results would read the same in the ‘with’ bracket: average pts 1.64

Without: P12 W6 D1 L6 average 1.58 pts

• 56 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM

L5*

• 57 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Tottenham playing totally devoid of heart in this game.

• 58 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Amazing to think this is the tottenham team that spanked us! Never been the same since.

• 59 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

@Pardews fist pump
    Imo, Saylors absence is more missed than Tiotes.
    Saylor was still top on headed clearances 13 games after his injury. That says a bit.

• 60 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Dannyo

Agree, Saylor plays with a genuine passion that’s rare these days, on another level. Love watching him play.

Can’t believe we were debating Saylor vs Willo at the beginning of the season, funny isn’t it? Willo hasn’t got a patch on him.

• 61 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Haha, enjoy it Kebabacus… hopefully we’ll all enjoy tomorrow!

spuggy

Yeah I see your point but I wasn’t really talking about playing open and creative football (though I agree with what you said there) I was talking more about sitting back too much and too early, especially when we could have got a another goal or 2 if we’d have carried on the way we were. It’ll be really interesting to see how we play next season if we get the players in we’re hoping to get.

• 62 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:32 PM

@Pardew
    It seems to me that Willos confidence is shot, he doesn’t seem to handle the critisism, and it’s just making him worse.
    He’s been poor over a long period of games, being average at best and far from any MOTM performances.
    Could also be cause of the lack of competition atm.
    He was magnificent when he came back from injury.
    Also, he was good for us last season.

Been an odd one for him, i still want him in the squad tho, but as 4th choice. A CB should be able to handle critisism and pressure, one who doesn’t turns out like Willo. It makes our defense too dodgy.

• 63 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Willo’s a decent squad player, handy to have on the bench and was a bargain, but when he gets a run of games you can really see his weaknesses. We need to sign a CB with a bit of pace.

• 64 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Pfp
    Yup,its hard to believe that Willo was looking so assured that he could justifably keep STaylor out,can only put it down to the fact that there’s no competition on his place which in turn is heaping the pressure on him which he is oobviously having difficulty

• 65 pbNcl // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I think silver Alan has done a fantastic job, truly fantastic. I really like him now, when he first came I was furious but he’s completely earned my respect.

Never mind 25m for tiote. Keep the money. We need to keep this lad and build around him. A player like t is incredibly rare. World class dm are hard to come by.

Yeah, another scrappy game tomorrow will do me fine as long as we win. I’m not into arsenal football. We go out to war, and if we win scrapping about then so be it! HWTL!!!!

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM

In coping with.

• 67 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Sgt. Heagerty

Thank you for injecting some much needed positivity. You should comment more.

Wouldnt mind seeing a bit of Vuckic this weekend. Really want to see what the lad can do. Or maybe even Abeid in the hole. He seems to be able to pick out a canny pass.

Also Im also curious hy Abeid hasnt featured because from what ive seen of him he does like to play long ariel passes. But he has the ability to do it right. I reckon hed be quite creative in the centre picking out Benny and Jonas on the flanks from a deep position

• 68 pbNcl // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Haha off topic, but tulisa looks good eating sausage for breakfast ; D

• 69 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I’ve seen the blog a hell of a lot more negative than this! Just thank your lucky stars we don’t have to deal with pspclarn any more – BOYCOTT!!! That guy was a clown.

• 70 GeordieToon89 // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Name me 1 player who’s better than Modric and more experienced in the premier league and is £3.5million

• 71 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:41 PM

PbNcl
    @16

• 72 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM

The lads beat Scum 3-1 today :)

• 73 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Yeah, he’s a little feeble-minded, which is the difference between being consistent or erratic. That manifests itself in his hesitations and not playing his natural game, illustrated by that bizarre attempt at tricking his way out of trouble, last weekend.

• 74 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Great stuff! A good weekend already

• 75 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM

pbNcl

aye

There are times I do miss the outright battles of last season. Where we didnt play nice but we fought like warriors

• 76 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM

GeordieToon89

Well, apparently Bendtner is the best striker in the world! How much would he cost..? ;)

• 77 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Haha yeah this article is one of the most positive I’ve seen in a while.

Where’s indian magpie and gorgonzola with their doom mongering?

That’s a rhetorical question.

• 78 Rowan Milsted // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I’m off, have a nice day everyone

• 79 check the toastie // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Think willo looked OK last year as all he needed to do was boot the ball onto Carrolls head, however this year he has been found out as being distincly average, shame because he is a good lad eh. looked much more composed last year, he is having a bit of a nightmare, Kadar must have really blotted his copybook, hasnt had a sniff.

Willo needs to be strong on set plays 2moro as olson and mcauley are giants so he has a big job to do, our skipper gets a lot of credit but it is Willo who is responsible for all set plays defended, currently willos only plus point.

• 80 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Just incase anyone is missing them….

Pardew is clueless!
    Arfa is god!
    Shola is useless!

• 81 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Chelsea Tottenham (Spurs)
    Arsenal Aston Villa (Villa)
    Bolton W. Blackburn R. (who cares)
    Liverpool Wigan Athletic (Wigan)
    Norwich C. Wolverhampton W. (Wloves)
    Sunderland Queens Park R. (QPR)
    Swansea C. Everton (Draw)
    Stoke C. Manchester C. (Man City)

But what will really happen probably is:
    Man C will win
    Spurs win or draw
    Scums win (hope not, but QPR are weak, even after the game against Liverpool)
    Arsenal will kick A.Villa
    Liverpool – draw
    Norwich will win poor Wolves
    Everton – can go either way

What do you think?

• 82 Cool Hand Luke // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:52 PM

@ 3 and 4, i know, but the opportunity was there.. and i took it knowing full well that what i was doing was wrong, hence the apology.. it wont happen again i promise :-)

• 83 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I think Shola’s last few sub appearances have been great.

He’s been giving defenders a tough time with his movement.

He also delivered a good cross into the box last weekend, unfortunately Ba wasnt in the right place to convert it.

Feel Shola is a player that we can be using to win games for us through cameos.

When he plays full matches he looks really tired but when he comes on late in games he looks almost a completely different player.

I’d like to see something like this tomorrow

Simmo Wilo Colo Santon
    Perch
    Cabaye Guthrie Jonas
    Benny
    Ba

Then put Cisse on and switch Benny to RW second half when legs are tired. We dont make those subs anymore. Remember last season when we used to suddenyl put Ranger on, and although he never scored he did shake up defences a lot. Freshened up the tempo. Sammy was decent for that at the beginning of the season also.

• 84 pbNcl // Mar 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I was honestly chuffed when I clapped eyes on tulisa with her mouth full of rapper. Should boost her income somewhat. Didn’t do paris hilton any harm haha

Back on topic, for the first time in ages there’s a bit of headache when it comes to team selections and what we want for next season. New rightback, and then I struggle. We need understudy’s but not many first teamers I reakon. Attacking winger. You could say cb but as already stated, we’ve got the illustrious saylor comin back

• 85 Cool Hand Luke // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM

……………….Krul

Simmo…..Willo….Colo….Santon

Jonas….Perch….Cabaye….HBA

………Demba #1
    Demba #2

theres my team, of course Pardieux will have to have a quiet word in Santons ear to make sure he picks the right moment to venture forward

• 86 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Watching Chelseas Spuds. And while its not agreat game Ive been noticing 2 very simple things top teams do that we dont.

Chelsea look more dangerous atm and thats because of their mobility. On the attack the whole team is pushing up and back when needed.

Spuds are working the triangles and dominating midfield. They just arent attacking.

We miss these 2 very simple things.

We crowd ourselves out and actually limit the amount of space we have to work with.

Spuds players always have options and are quickly able to work the ball into space.

They have also been patient which is why Chelsea look more dangerous but if Spuds can keep it tight defensively they will eventually get a pay-off up the other end

• 87 pbNcl // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Agree with your selection Luke,
    But switch benny and jonas for me

I’d start perch ahead of guthrie aswell, I think guthrie’s head is elsewhere to be honest

• 88 ende // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Here’s the new slogan lads: “We sell when we want to”

Our finances are good, are scouting is good, our system is good. WE dictate the market from here on out, and we only see when we want to make money. We only sell when the price is right. I say the starting price for every quality player is .. lets go with $30 mil. Ridiculous? Who cares, teams pay that or they don’t get our players. If they don’t like it, well, then I guess they’ll stop trying to take our players now won’t they?

• 89 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM

How I rate Kyle Walker.

• 90 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Self proclaimed best midfielder in England warming the bench at the stadium of sh*te today won’t do his Champions league aspirations any good sitting there.

• 91 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Poor change I think. Reckon Spurs will take it without Essien on

• 92 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I still think 5th is out of our reach, but it’s still fun be able to chase it for real like this :)

• 93 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM

JFA do you know why barton was booed of by the qpr fans against the bindippers?

• 94 Cool Hand Luke // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM

@ pbNcl, i just want to see both wingers be able to whip the fast balls into the box without having to shuffle onto their strong feet, thats why i had HBA on the left. All of Cisses goals have been from crossed balls.

• 95 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Fernando Torres – Footballs prettiest man?

• 96 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Drogba is possibly tge greediest player on the league no matter how many players are in the box he will shoot

• 97 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Ashley Cole. What a diving prick

• 98 check the toastie // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM

People talking about who is going to move in the summer wil it be tiote or Ba maybe Krul, in my very humble opinion if Pardew fancies flogging anybody i think it will be Ben Arfa,

i could see plenty of top teams fancying him, in fact he is good enough to play for anyone, if somebody offers 10 million me thinks he will be away as Pardew seems unconvinced (poor), it will be a big mistake, but nobody mentions ths possibilty but for me this is the one that may happen. Sadly……

• 99 check the toastie // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM

TDS – he may be on a goal bonus, ala Obefemi, smell a rat eh.

Not a bad result for us i suppose, wud sooner of seen a spuds win though, cant have everything. We now hav to beat WBA 16-0 to go 5th.

• 100 ~Papiss-Toon~ // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM

@toonarmydownsouth

Aye he is. But to be fair to the main in recent years he has been one of the best finishers ever. He has a sweet shot and a sweet free kick on him.

• 101 ~Papiss-Toon~ // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM

to the man*

• 102 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM

check the toastie // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM

hhh… we will take a 1-0 and 6th. :)

• 103 GeordieGesus // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM

16 goals difference tomorrow and we are in 5th place. YAHOO.

HWTL

• 104 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Why ?
    We are 3 points from Cheslea. It is possible. Do we have the quality? I don’t know, do Chelsea have it? I don’t know either, they are playing bad a lot of times this season.

4th is a different thing.

• 105 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I really dont think HBA will want a move. But I think you are right in clubs interest.

Its the Lyon formula. Take troubled players on and they reward the club with loyalty.

Santon will probably prove exceptionally loyal if the rumours are to be believed

• 106 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Barton on the bench against the Unwashed…Shaun Derry now considered a better option than the great philosophical footballer…oh how the mighty have fallen :P

• 107 check the toastie // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Barton and Carroll both warming the bench today, must say dont know how dogleash gets away with it, spends 35 million pound on a striker and then plays Dirk Kuyt instead, my god he has destroyed Big Andy’s career, will be back in toon in three years, free transfer, wot a gud laf that wud be, especially when he finds his form again for the toon and then bags loads of goals against the bin dippers, thats the future me thinks.

Obviously he would need to take a big pay cut.

• 108 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Mar 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Can’t ever see him back in black and white ever again, and it would be a step backwards in terms of footballing philosophy if we did re-sign him. We are assembling a side of technically gifted footballers in order to play attractive free flowing football, AC does not fit into that mould although I do wish him well as he is and always will be one of us.

• 109 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Tds2
    They were in about it in skysports today apparantly he’s had it coming for playing poorly and it sounds like theyre getting sick of his twitter rants especially after Colin got sacked.

• 110 t00ntime // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM

can somebody please tell me why in everybody’s formation, if theres 1 striker its always ba? Ba isnt an out and out striker he always had a partner and when he plays without one he is awful.
    Cisse is more used to the solo role and he is also a smarter forward, he knows when to shoot and when to pass Ba doesnt have a clue imo he is good and all but when he fets to much time starts thinking of glory instead of the simple pass.
    against norwich cisse scored and about 1 min later ba shot (very wide) from 35/40 yds … when cisse was 10 yds away and open… he has done that quite often last few games, he really needs a goal

but with one striker upfront cisse is the one on form

• 111 bills-son // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I wonder if LFool would be interested in swapping Carroll for Xisco ?

Just a thought …

• 112 bills-son // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM

PS. Obviously we’d want some cash as well – up front, no installments.

• 113 bills-son // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM

With a percentage of any sell on fee for Xisco …

• 114 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Wigan have won a pen!!

• 115 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Wigan1 Bindippers 0 get in!!!!

• 116 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM

This is just too good!

Wigan Athletic 1 Nil up against the mighty Liverfool, at Anfield no less!!

Agent Kenny doing a job for his former employers ;)

• 117 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Wow, if results remain as they are currently are, Villa are precariously placed and could get dragged into it, especially with these fixtures:

Chelsea H
    Liverpool A
    Stoke H
    Man U A
    Mackems H
    West Brom A
    Spurs H
    Norwich A

Liverpool losing too! :lol:

• 118 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Jesus bolton are on fire 2-0!
    @pardews fist pump would be hilarious if villa got relegated!

• 119 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Hmmm, “…are currently are..” – think I got a tad carried away ;)

• 120 check the toastie // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM

dont even like watching dogleash winge and look sour, i would just prefer he he just sloped off back beneath the stone he crawled out from. A most disagreeable character, top of my dislike list at moment, even above his buddy saurez,

Gud news for big sam as well 2-0 down, west ham fans are having the same nightmare we had, he is about to set their club back 5 years, think thats the length of nolans contract. utterly clueless.

• 121 dreamboat // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Surely the way liverfool are playing currently, we can beat them. On the other hand, thought the same against them away. Look what happened then.

Hopefully enrique will have a terrible game!

• 122 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM

toonarmydownsouth

I’m sure we’d all have trouble muffling our laughs :P I’d be howling!

• 123 check the toastie // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Double Agent Dalgleish, never really thought about that, you never know, he did get a gud payoff from us after destroyning keegans team, may still hav a sweet spot for the toon………scottish turd.

• 124 check the toastie // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM

for next week wud defo put jonas down right midfield to counter enrique and put benny over on the left to torture the scousers yung full back, flanaghan wud get sent off, kelly should be injured dodgy knee. Pardew in crowd, for me should see that.

• 125 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Love seeing the bindippers looking so hard done by!!!

• 126 BringBackTav // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Does anyone else think that Cabaye’s ability is wasted out wide on the left? I mean he’s not overly pacy and I’m pretty sure he’s got a much better right foot than left. Maybe we could go with something like this
    Krul
    Simmo Willo Colo Jonas
    _____Perch Cabaye
    HBA_____BA___Fergie
    ________Cisse_______

Put Guthrie in for Perch if you want but it’s still the same formation. We can win with this on the field.

• 127 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Come on Wigan! Wolves! QPR! Villa!
    Steal some points from your rivals.

• 128 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:58 PM

BringBackTav // Mar 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM

As long as we will pass the ball, move and give passing options, pressure and move upward all together as a unit, we can have a lot of different formations, this one will work too.

The problem is that we are not doing those things for a good proportion of the time.

• 129 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM

1-1 the fool…damn

• 130 Jarralad // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Results appear to be going very well for us, but it’ll mean nothing if we cannot steal the points (or at least a point) tomorrow

4-5-1 (and agreed the 1 is Cisse for me)

damnit, 1-1 to the bindippers as I type

• 131 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Pool level bugger

• 132 Jarralad // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM

@ BringBackTav

Like the look of that, but I’d have Ba on the left of the formation and HBA on the right, with Vukic in the central hole

• 133 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Bollocks 2-1 liverpool

• 134 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM

My bad disallowed still 1-1

• 135 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Disallowed so breathe a sigh of relief there chaps haha

• 136 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Suarez with some Kung Fu. But Wigan look like they are about to break, too bad.

• 137 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Get in Wigan.

Really want to see how Martinez would do at a bigger club. He’s got them playing very nice simple football.

• 138 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Wow!!! 2-1 :) Go Wigan. I am amazed.
    How do everyone play well against fools except us?

• 139 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Wigan 2-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

• 140 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I think Liverpool have too much quality, this is why they are loosing (ppppphhhhhhh…..)

• 141 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Hahahahahaha loving it! Gary Caldwell of all people puts Wigan 2-1 up!

• 142 Klatoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Hahahaha

Carroll left on his ar*se by Caldwell who scores… Shouldnt it be the other way round, striker fooling CB before tucking it away?

:-)

• 143 davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM

If scores stay the same we hav to make sure we take advantage of it tomorrow

• 144 davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM

And as some ppl said b4 couldn’t careless how we play along as we win

• 145 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Klatoon to be fair hes been left on his arse by a cb and an overwhelming sense of failure!

• 146 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Blatant fould by Enrique then.

If only Newcaslte could play like this

• 147 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Scum are 3-0 up how did they manage that

• 148 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM

QPR decided this time to make it even more difficult. with 10 players and down 3-0.
    Ok, now it is the time for a comeback, go QPR hhhh….

• 149 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Good QPR, another 3 to go.

• 150 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Liverpool has scary many skinheads… Could explain the racicst culture in the club.

• 151 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM

so if Liverpool lose and lose again and teams below them win and they end up 9th or 10th will dalgleish take the flak or let his players take the fans blame as usual?

• 152 ilovetoon8788 // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM

atleast daglish didn’t make the sub during the set=piece. pardew can learn a thing or 2. basic.

• 153 Thump // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

He’s not a streaker? That’s good news.

• 154 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM

as much as im loving us being above Liverpool ill love it more if everton get above them. especially considering the comparative spending

• 155 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Excellent if it ends this way! Real chance of Europa I would say, if we can win the next two games it seals it.

Don’t worry about the unwashed, they have a rock solid run-in starting with Man city away followed by spuds at home!

• 156 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Don’t want Everton to go on a run though – they could challenge us soon.

• 157 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Wow. What a goal by Arteta. Arsenal are very sharp. Even thou they didn’t score so many times, but they were 100% the better side. We should learn from them, when we score first, a lot of times we just relax and start playing sloppy and give the ball away too much. They are doing it perfectly. Frustrating the other team.

• 158 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM

So Chelsea got just a point, and liverpool got beat! Lady luck is smiling – can we do it? Can we actually finish 6th.

Some freak results will happen at the business end of the season with everyone fighting at both ends of the table!Gonna have to be brave, play football and show some heart and passion!

HWTL!

• 159 davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Spuggy if we finish 6th we won’t get Europe unless Liverpool Chelsea spurs fa cup final

• 160 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Oh my – I’m so excited.

The win tomorrow is absolutely essential now – or at the very least a point!

• 161 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Dear God, it’s even MORE important that we win tomorrow. We’ll be 8 points ahead of L’Pool and 10 ahead of 8th.

We HAVE to win, we bloody HAVE to win.
    Did i tell u how important it is that we WIN!?

• 162 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM

davybtoon

I know but that’s quite likely. If chelsea or spurs win the FA cup, then we can get Europa in 7th place!

• 163 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM

To finish 6th and ahead of liverpool would be unthinkable at the start of the season with Caroll, Enrique, Nolan and Barton all shipped out.

Who would have thought. I remember when Ba was bought we were like where’s our no nine! Haahahha

• 164 davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Yea our season all depends on Liverpool v Chelsea n spurs final of fa cup, but we cud still get 5th yet

• 165 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Wow, Arsenal with 21 points in 7 games. They had 34 points after 23 games and now 55 after 30 games. That is crazy. I didn’t think that Spurs would let go of that 3rd place.

• 166 davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Well fans should hav more faith in there team instead of slagging them all the time, a big high five to all the believers who said we wud hav a good season

• 167 LGFUAD21 // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Dannyo

I noticed that. Liverpool have a team of skinheads.

Wigan made fools of them today and they resorted to kicking Wigan players.

Really happy for Wigan. Always a team I like to see get a result

• 168 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

All the more important tomorrow that the traveleres for WBA show their force. We’ll need that 12th man, atm, we have EVERYTHING to play for and EVERYTHING to lose.
    It’s a bloody nervous sitation and the players will feel it unless we get a convincing win.

• 169 allan666 // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

i will be so happy when westham dont get promoted ,

• 170 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

All team around us are asking to take the points and get closer to the 4th-5th place, will we take it now? after letting it go already twice this season? lets hope so.

Liverpool with 0 out of 6, Chelsea with 1 points out of 6. Spurs with 2 points from their last 5 games. 4 points between 8th and 14th place.

• 171 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I hope that tomorrow the fans in the stadium will make some noise. It is a bit of a cemetery sometimes in SJP, it is so quiet. Make some freaking noise!!!

• 172 davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Oleg it will b silent tomorrow bcoz were playing at wba

• 173 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:19 PM

that’s do funny pic of dogleash – click on the result for the liverpool game on bbc!!!

• 174 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Barton didn’t even get on for QPR tpday and yet a certainty to start with us. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• 175 niafron // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Bonsoir messieurs.

What are the last news?

• 176 bills-son // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM

@ 43 Correct, fans giving Pardew stick is a joke.

Only 4 players were regular first teamers last season – Colo, Simmo, Tiote and Guti – that means he’s had to fit 7 new regulars into the team. A bloody hard job for ANY manager. No wonder we’ve looked a bit disjointed at times.

And yet .. he’s kept us in the top 6 all season!

Magnificent achivement.

Absolutely fkn MAGNIFICENT.

Any fan who criticises Pardew wants to give themselves a fkn good shake.

• 177 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Hi Naifron.

Well, Chelsea draw and Liverpool got beat at home so it’s all rosey in the black and white garden. Can we take 3 points from WBA though away from home and make it count tomorrow.

Here’s hoping!

• 178 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:24 PM

A win tomorrow take us level with chelsea in 5th (apart from goal difference) and 8 point, yes that’s 8 whole points above liverpool!!

• 179 Spuggy // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Oh and we play them after WBA – if we can hit them for a six-pointer and win tomorrow then 6th place is ours.

• 180 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Wow charlie nichols is really struggling to explain liverfool get done at home! Phil thompson looks like hes been kicked in the bollocks!!!

• 181 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:36 PM

“liverpool and their fans belong in europe” ummmmmm fu ck off charlie fed up of liverpool fans thinking european football is right for them, they cant except that they haven’t been a european standard yeam for a few years now and they certainly shouldnt be turning there noses up at the europa league!!

• 182 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:36 PM

9 games to go, 6th place, 5 points clear of 7th with a match in hand, a fairly balanced fixture list in the last 9.
    We can do this lads, we can honestly really do it. 6th place in our 2nd season since promotion.
    Bloody hell Pardew, if we win tomorrow, it’s Pardews black and white army for sure.
    It’s ours to lose now lads. Home or away, we need to be the 12th man!

• 183 Tommyy // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM

If we beat West Brom tomorrow, it’s a massive game next week! Tell you what though, if we lose to Liverpool it will hit me harder than any other game this season, Sunderland apart.
    Cannot stand Dalglish and their supporters!

• 184 niafron // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Well, about tomorow, i would say:

Il ne faut pas vendre la peau de l’ours avant de l’avoir tué.

Or if you prefer:

One must not sell bear’s skin prior to kill him. Got alot of sense in french.

• 185 steve // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Great result today, fantastic, shame Spurs couldn’t of beaten Chelsea but we can’t be too greedy I suppose.

As someone mentioned earlier, this needs to be followed up with a win tomorrow or it will be a big opportunity missed. It wont be easy but we have enough quality to see us through.

HWTL !!!

• 186 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Definetly due a win at West Brom,beat them there the season we both went down,but just as important were due to play well, a good performance will set us up nicely for Liverpool at home.

• 187 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM

There’s been 2,5 goals in average on our encounters, deffo should be interesting.

• 188 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I want this lineup to happen:

————————–Krul———————-
    ——-Santon – Willo – Collo – Fergy——–
    Obertan – Guthrie – HBA – Cabaye – Gutti
    ————————-Cisse———————

I think this lineup will happen:

————————-Krul———————-
    ——Simmo – Willo – Collo – Santon——-
    ——-HBA – Cabaye – Guthrie – Gutti——
    ———————Ba – Cisse——————-

• 189 Tsunki // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Oh my word I have been staying in the Toon until just now and haven’t even had a sniff of the results until I scanned today’s blogfest. What can I say but what is going on with the Scouse? And Chelsk v Spuds wasn’t all that bad a result, because it’s a good canceller in view of the (remote perhaps) possibility of reaching – dare I even utter it’s name – 4th spot? :o

Shame about the Land that Bathtime Forgot winning today, although the false sense of security they will get from beating a plunging qpr will stand them in good stead to be stuffed next time out. Elation has obviously kept the mackem multi-troll diverted as well, which must have made for quite a constructive day on here too!

• 190 Tsunki // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Dannyo @ 188 – yeah I have been hankering after your wishlist lineup for some time too but you do realise you would have to tie a rope about 15 yards long from each goalpost to those FB’s? If you did though, the speed and trickery of that 5 man mid would definitely end in much scrubbing of shorts for the Baggies laundry lady on monday morning!

Is the Tiote absence absolute yet? No ‘late’ fitness test tomorrow then?

• 191 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:47 PM

@Tsunki
    Hehe, very true, i just like an offensive and creative team ;)
    Pardew said he wouldn’t risk Tiote, and yesterday in the presser he said Tiote was 50-50.
    So i doubt we’ll see him mate, could be on the bench, but i doubt it.

• 192 super magpie // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:50 PM

omg! peter Crouch! What a f****g goal!

• 193 BringBackTav // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM

@132-Jarralad
    Do we really want our top scorer(albeit in a tough run of 3 games) wide left? I mean I realize he played there in Germany and at West Ham but I just don’t like the sound of it. I agree, in a perfect world Vuckic would play more, as would Abeid. I think we’re moving towards a team next season that looks something like this depending on Santon playing RB and as much as I dislike the thought of BA wide left.

Krul
    Santon Saylor Colo Jonas
    _____Vuckic Tiote_____
    HBA____Cabaye____BA
    ________Cisse_______

I think unless we make Europe, Guthrie is gone so Vuckic and Abeid will come through. Streete should get SOME time at CB along with our one or two new ones. A new LB even though this Jonas thing WORKS wouldn’t hurt as well as a DM because as much as I love how Perch has played we need someone ahead of him, keep him as a squad player though.

• 194 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Wow!! What a gem from Crouch.

• 195 super magpie // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Omg! Peter Crouch! What a goal, you have to see that goal if you haven’t

• 196 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:54 PM

super magpie // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Indeed. Wow. But that was a flop, lets be real. He didn’t even look.

• 197 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:55 PM

davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:19 PM

oohh…. em… aaamm… wow… ooooookkkk….

Sorry hhh…. I was for some reason sure that we are playing at home.

• 198 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM

chieck tiote doesnt get married, he takes a bride

• 199 niafron // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM

See you tomorow lads.

Bonne soirée messieurs.

• 200 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:08 PM

all peanuts have a chieck tiote allergy

• 201 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Toure VS Crouch? Who’s goal was better? what a rocket.

• 202 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM

YaYa Toure, holy balls! 35 meters and in the goal. Yet another cracker of a goal in that game.

• 203 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM

the only reason light moves so fast is it heard chieck tiote was coming

• 204 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM

crouchs was much better, yayas was a deflection

• 205 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:12 PM

jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Well, I think Crouch’s was more lucky. Toure’s was more skillful. Both are beautiful goals either way.

• 206 Oleg G // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM

oh… now I saw that it was a deflection off the defender. Well, still a powerful shot, good goal.

City needs to win. We don’t want Stoke to get any extra points.

• 207 9 // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

JfA@186.and here’s me thinking we drew 1-1 at The Hawthorns in the first match of the season we both went down. We don’t do very well against this lot. We have lost our form. It would be great to win, 5th would be our ultimate aim if we can get the 3 points and the match at Chelsea would be magnetic!

• 208 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

we watching the same goals? crouches control and volley beating hart outright or a shot that would have been saved if shawcross hadnt headed it past the keeper.
    not trying to start and argument or anything would just like to know your thinking?

• 209 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

just saw that post ignore 207

• 210 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM

crackin second half tho

• 211 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM

———-krul———-
    santon–saylor–collo–pieters
    hba–cabs–tiote–hoilet
    ——-ba—————–
    ————–cisse——

———???————-
    simmo–mbiwa–virgil van–fergie
    obertan–abeid–crognet–sammy
    ——-rhodes—strolla————-
    that could be an a and b team next year with a bit of investment and i didnt include jonas guthrie vuk ect
    only one i think is a long shot is hoilet tbh

• 212 shearer 9 // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Crouch was far better was far better yayas took a defleaction

• 213 toonthompson // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Apparently we’ve had someone from Barnsley on triaL with us

• 214 Dannyo // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

@toonthompson
    Aye, he’s played the last two U-18 matches for us against Derby and Sheffield Utd.
    No clue how he’s done. I’ve asked the youngsters on twitter, but no proper response.

• 215 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

jakesome @210 that would be European ambition having two payable teams

• 216 Pardew's fist pump // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Your criticism of Crouch’s goal is that ‘he wasn’t looking’? Erm, I think that makes it even better, instinctively knowing where the goal is. I mean, I think he should know approximately where the goalposts are situated on the field, by now…. ;)

Super strike, up there with the best goals I’ve ever seen.

• 217 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

playable even

• 218 Jail for Ashley // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM

@9
    That was the first match back in the championship,that wnker Damien Duff scored.

• 219 Mancgeordie // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Team tomorrow
    krul
    simo willo colo jonas
    perch
    guthrie cabaye
    hba ba
    cisse

• 220 toonthompson // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Joey Barton was being booed by the makems when he reminded them what the score was 5-1

• 221 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM

@219 you think we should beat west brom with a short passing game dominating them through the centre of the park?
    with a strong back four to repel them and not roam too far forward?

• 222 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

@220 makes a change from his own fans booing him

• 223 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

i we’re in europe and seriously want to push for the domestic cups we’ll need every player in the squad to be at a certain level i.e no players like smith who wouldnt get in ahead of a 19 year old.
    even so those two starting 11 i posted only comprise of 7 new players and thats taking into account possible depatures

• 224 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM

/\
    @215

• 225 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM

@223 i like that the new buys in your squads are all pretty realistic though. but i think well end up with a few more strong youngsters than strong 24-26 year olds. more backup and future first team than slotting right into the first team set up

• 226 BringBackTav // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Just seen Crouch’s goal. WHAT. A. STRIKE. Beat Hart by a country mile.

• 227 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM

personally looking at persistent rumours i think
    pieters – first team
    corgnet – first team/bench
    amalfitano – bench/late bloomer/prospect
    mbiwa – first team/bench
    hoilett – first team

then i think we’ll get 2-4 around abeid/vuckic level

• 228 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

have we heard any more about James tomkins, harry maguire or Lewis dunk?

• 229 MagPieMan // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

“apparently Benndtner is the best striker in the world, how much do you think he would cost?”

This just reminded me of something that was in a newspaper.

Benndtner- “I feel like the best striker in the world”
    To which the editor wrote- “Bendtner, you’re not the best striker in the world, You’re not even the the best striker in Sunderland.

• 230 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

@225 your probs right. some 18-22 year olds that we havnt heard of but are going to be linked with chelsea and liverpool next season. in carr we trust

• 231 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:40 PM

magpieman that’s classic

• 232 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM

@228 dont think were going to meet west hams valuation of tompkins. no new links to mcguire or dunk. but did hear that arsenal are now interested in the montpellier captain
    ?mbiwa? he looks really solid neat and tidy none of the williamson hold your breath and pray type of defending.
    also im hearing good things about vergil van dijk, hes a big lad with skill and the sooner we get him and he gets used to the epl the better, i could be wrong.
    (names may appear incorrectly spelled)

• 233 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM

@jakesome as long as that’s not Alan Carr.
    “these lads will be really ‘hot prospects’. this lad can go all day and throw in his hard tackle like nobodys business”

• 234 pardew no 1 // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM

i hope this will be the team
    santon collo perch (for pace) fergy
    ————————-tiote
    ————-guthrie cabaye
    ———————-hba guitrez
    ——————-cisse ba
    i think that would be r best team with cabaye helping fergy down the left what u think

• 235 pardew no 1 // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

sorry didnt mean cisse meant krul in goal hahaha

• 236 jakesome // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM

i dont think graham and alan look for the same qualities in a man

• 237 davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Jus watching Madrid n that varane who we nearly signed is playing what a player n only 18 gonna b some cb

• 238 davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I think this mite b the team

Krul
    Santon willo colo fergy
    Hba Guthrie perch cabaye Jonas
    Ba

• 239 catchy in norway // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:57 PM

davybtoon // Mar 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM

id drop perch and put cisse back in,

the reason is when we have lots of defensive players in the team we tend to sit back,

guthrie and cabaye are more than good enough, but ask ba or cisse to drop a little deeper

• 240 Tsunki // Mar 24, 2012 at 9:01 PM

catchy if you drop perch without tiote in the team then both dreamboat and spidermag will drop back and they will have at us. I can just see santon at their corner flag too, with jonas at ours.

• 241 cheick Norris // Mar 24, 2012 at 9:04 PM

@jakesome they probably do.
    a good tackle, plenty of stamina, knows his way around a ball, maybe somebody who can slip into a tight space?

• 242 lesh // Mar 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM

For hell’s sake will you negative pillocks wake up and apprecuate what you’ve got.

There’s a good squad, a helluva good manager and dare I say it, an owner in Mike Ashley who, like it or noy, has put YOUR club onto a solid footing.

We’re sitting sixth, results have gone for us today and to get on level points with Chelski (a club that’s spent realtive zillions to get to where they are)…. joint 5th…geddit!!

You should be ashamed of yourselves when a non geordie, a US citizen who’s taken Newcastle United to his heart,

It just beggars belief that said samee man, Sergeant Hegarty has to tell you sad gits to be more positive and appreciate what’s been achieved at Newcastle United!

FFS wake up and thank Ashley, Llamabias and Pardew and his staff that we’re not bottom of the pile and heading down

Good man Sarge, step forward that man and let the majority of us fand salute you. You’re a star.

• 243 lesh // Mar 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM

* … You should be ashamed of yourselves when a non geordie, a US citizen who’s taken Newcastle United to his heart should have to take you to task……

• 244 toon-crazy // Mar 24, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I know a bit of target , but if we get Jrn hoilet , what do wages do u think we will offer him and Do we think we could
    Get him ?

• 245 cupiddstunt // Mar 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Is he an oxymoron or just a moron???????

Calls himself cool hand luke and posts 1st how f*king un cool is it it to act like a child.

:roll: :roll:

• 246 9 // Mar 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM

JfA@218
    You’re quite right, my apologies, I mis-read “the season we both went down” as “the season we both were down” because I was really tense about that first fixture at the time. Morale was pretty low all round at the time.
    I don’t recall our result the season you refer to, but I’m quite happy to take your word for it. I’ll try to think more clearly in future!

previous post: Newcastle Plan To Bring In Top Players To Move Club Forward