Newcastle After Young Real Madrid Striker

There is some news, which may or may not be true,  that Newcastle are interested in Real Madrid’s young striker, Alvaro Morata.

Alvaro Morata – Real Madrid 19 year-old striker

The news  is in TribalFootball, so it’s hard to know how much of the story is based on actual fact.

The 19 year-old 6’2″ Madrid-born striker, was signed from Getafe in 2008, and he has made 52 appearances for Real Madrid Castella.

That”s Real Madrid B, or the Madrid Reserve side,  which plays in the Spanish second division – and he has scored 26 goals over the last two seasons.

And from our archives,  it seems that this is the first time Newcastle have been linked with the player.

He  has so far made four appearances for the full Real Madrid side, two this season and two last season.

That’s  too too bad a record of goal-scoring in the Madrid Reserve side, and the news is the lad is now in search of first team football in the summer.

Alvaro  has played for all the Spanish Youth sides through the U19 level, and has scored 11 goals in just 13 appearances for their strong Spanish U19 side.

Morata was in the Spain squad for the 2011 European U-19 Football Championship in Romania, and he helped the Spanish  team win the tournament by scoring six goals, and was the highest goal-scorer in the competition.

He is also very good in the air and at holding up the ball, Alan Shearer style, and he is a very good finisher.

He is fast and mobile, and he’s  been compared in style to Spaniard and former Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes, who spent an unsuccessful stint at Liverpool from 2005-2006.

We have no idea if this story is true, but after looking at this lad, he looks a top young player in the making.

• ToonDownSouth

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Tribal Football? 😐 Have they ever got anything right??

He’s highly highly rated in Spain, so I doubt there’s any chance of us getting him.

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM

No nothing about him, but sounds perfect. Not sure if I’d prefer Rhodes though…looks a right good player

• Dannyo

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Tribal football are based in Australia. Why on earth would an austrailian website link someone from Spain to a PL in England and be right about it?

Never heard of the lad. We have strikers in our club who’s getting released who has better scoring record than him for the reserves…

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:47 PM

TDS…It’s a highly unlikely story. Thanks for the table you posted up. On my previous comment, I have noticed we have a game in hand over the scum (11 vs 12 in 2012)

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Not much weight in this article speculative journalism at best. Down right lies at worst. Looks like a good player from the brief reading of his stats though and if the price was right then do a deal, if not then don’t.

I think though that looking into a young English striker could be a wiser move, might cost a bit more but we could be losing Guthrie and Simmo in the summer, thus depleting our home grown contingent

• Robby Bobson

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Someone posted a Spanish link to this story on the blog yesterday…so the stories originated from Spain.

Apparently Arsenal wanted him in January.

• Robby Bobson

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Plus its great looking at all these young talents from around europe, but if the likes of Guthrie and Simmo looking like they may leave, we need to keep a close eye on our foreign quota.

• FatmanJoe

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Clyne and rhodes have been linked and far more likely.

I’ve read a lot recently about ranger and other fans think we’re harsh on the lad..

I wouldn’t let him back in the city never mind let him play again. There are far better English options out there than him. Get rid surely?!

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Re-post from last thread

I fear that we will be lumbered with the gangsta Ranger unless his explodes into goal scoring form in League One with the Owls and a team like Huddersfield see potential in him. If he does then he could yet prove useful for NUFC…by acting as a make weight in a transfer for Rhodes…that would be heavenly!!! One numpty out and a bright young talent in his place. Although we did say that about Ranger when he first signed…

“over the line…” As much as I love Pards if he utters those words in the summer I will scream! haha

As a great man once said…if the facts don’t fit the theory…change the facts!

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Realised that I forgot to mention who I was directing each individual part of that post to…the first part was to WWJBD and the last part was to Ibiza to clear up any confusion haha

• geordiejamie89

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I think Newcastle has a little bit more weight now when it comes to signings, but I’d rather see somebody like Rhodes given the shot. And that would probably help when strengthening the rest of the team.

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Hmm…just tried to post some links from SS, but it’s awaiting moderation. Is that normal when putting links in a post?

• estechco

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM

The lad already suits black and white – sign him up!

• Alan_Pard_Who

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM

C’mon guys.

Anyone saying ‘I’d prefer Rhodes over this guy’ I must say is being ridiculous.

I’d prefer someone who has been thoroughly scouted by the same team that has brought us so many talented footballers over the past few years.

I’m not saying this guy (who has an incredible record btw) is better than Rhodes but if we choose him over Rhodes I’ll be more than happy as I know it’ll be the right choice.

Rhodes is great but I would gladly take a Carr choice over him any day of the week!

• FatmanJoe

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM

14 – Spanish don’t do well in toon tho aye?!

• davybtoon

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:18 PM

these are the exact type of signings am expecting us to do in the summer 18 to 20 year olds who are very highly rated cost between 1m/4m

• WWJBD

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Ruddy
    Aye I dont see us getting rid of Ranger anytime soon if am honest didnt think it was a good idea to give the kid a new contract at the time but could see why it happened shame it didnt work out

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Pard_who…is this guy a carr find then? We’re not even sure if the story holds any truth let alone whether we’ve watched him. I trust in Carr absolutely. Just going on Rhodes as he seems to be a great prospect and is British

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Just been reading a story about Pards quotes on Tiote,I wonder if he would have got straight back in the side of Collo wasn’t injured ?

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM

JFA…which story was that?

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Ibiza,
    Some app on me phone,everytime a bit o news linked with us it sends the story.

• ToonDownSouth

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Jail

The cync in me says it’s Pardew preparing us for selling Tiote in the summer 😉

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Bloody useful things them modern phones!

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM

TDS…I don’t think it’s the article where they put Tiote in the shop window. More on that he’s not really fit to return, but as colo is out he is needed. Haven’t read it, so Jail will have to confirm

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Thanks TDS…know what you mean. Quite an odd thing to come out and say.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM

TDS,
    If it’s true that were not selling unless for a ridiculous fee I can’t see him going.

• Tsunki

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Apparently this unseasonally early summer-type weather means that such plantings as Rape tend to flower far too early, therefore jeopardising its chances of survival should a return to cold weather befall it in the short term, which, in turn, signals economic disaster for the smaller arable farmer.

Oh, sorry, thought this was the random news posting section. Is this what life was like last time our heads popped up over the Euro parapet? getting linked to every famous second-stringer and his dog even though the transfer window is light years away? Bahh. 🙁

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:35 PM

OK fellow posters. I am off…for now anyway. Fingers crossed for Everton and Spurs victories tonight!

• Tsunki

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Yes come on yer Bluenoses! Don’t get Cattermoled!

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Tsunki,
    Wasps die as well making life easier for summer picnicer’s.

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM

One last thing…Tsunki…the first part of your post could be a perfect metaphor for Newcaslte qualifying for Europe 🙂

• pardews waxwork lips

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Off topic but does anybody know of a travel bus for the swansea game preferably which allows you to drink don’t fancy backpage..

• ToonTranny

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Spanish strikers as a rule flop in the Premier League, although flops here can flourish there, Forlan, I know he is Italian & had time under Roeder Rossi, would much rather buy Rhodes as back up. Will not even mention Xisco!!! Oops sorry just did 🙂

• ToonDownSouth

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Tsunki

Except last time we were in Europe, we’d have paid £10m for this kid and thrown £40k a week at him.

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Uruguayan ToonTranny, so he is practically Spanish haha

• Tsunki

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Eebeetha! you’re right man – I just didn’t see it when I wrote it but now you point it out I do! 🙂 I wish I’d said that because now I would have seemed very clever and philosophical. Damn.

Hang on I can rescue this – Jail’s ‘Wasps die’ thing could also allude to our previously seemingly irresistible predatory foes (scousers) being brought to nothing under our mighty hand, making ascension to European glory at last attainable and free of the bitter sting of another stoopid damn 4-3 er?

Eh? EH?

• Tsunki

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM

TDS – lol. You forgot the Hummer with the gold spinners….

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Pards lips,
    The clock in Hebburn or the Ashley in South shields run a bus,not sure about the alcohol as I’ve never touched the stuff.

1 2 3 8