Newcastle Must Do Well To Attract Top Players

Newcastle are certainly flying high at the moment with two wins on the trot,  and a top game at home to Liverpool on Sunday afternoon, when the lads could go 11 points clear of the Merseyside side with a win.

Alan Pardew – has done great at Newcastle – not worried about speculation

And we’re not even going to mention the £116M that Kenny Dalglish has spent on new players in the last 15 months, since taking over from the sacked Roy Hodgson at Liverpool.

With Newcastle doing so well this season, other top clubs are eyeing some of Newcastle’s star players, and Chelsea in particular, have been linked with three of them – Cheick Tiote, goalkeeper Tim Krul and Demba Ba.

But there would be no really good reason (wages aside), for our players to leave Newcastle, if the Magpies can qualify for the Europa League.

And Newcastle seem to have a great chance of doing just that,  if only we can perform well in the final eight games of the season.

And Newcastle’s success and qualification for Europe will also really help the club attract some top class players in the summer, as the Tyneside club goes into action to vastly improve the squad – we hope!

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, who has done fantastically well since arriving on Tyneside, seems not to be worried about all the speculation:

“Speculation is part of the game and I have no problem with that – but all of our best players are on long-term contracts here.”

“Anyone who looks at this football club will know we are difficult sellers. Someone is going to have to pay a lot of money to take one of our players away – especially considering where we are right now and are having success.”

“We have some really, really good players here. My focus is to ensure that they are focused.” “If we can get one win and something from the other two, or get a couple of wins, then we are really well set for the last six.”

“If we do it, it’s not just a great reward for the players but it will help attract players. I said last week, we must now focus on that, change our goals to focus on Europe.”

Pardew came up with an excellent game plan for West Brom last weekend, and the lads were 3-0 up at the half, and have had many compliments for their exciting style of attacking play, which was just great to watch.

Maybe not too great if you were a West Brom supporter of course, and Roy Hodgson didn’t look too happy in that first half, come to think of it.

This week the Newcastle players and coaches will be coming up with a game plan to beat Liverpool on Sunday, and if can do that we’ll be flying high indeed, on 53 points, and still 7 games to play.

It’s all looking very rosy at Newcastle right now, and we have to hope it continues through the end of the season.

Howay The Lads!!

• rozehnal

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Marvin Martin????

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Defenders, defenders, we need defenders!

• davybtoon

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

From last thread if we finish 5th n scum reach cup final n play someone already qualified we both get Europe

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Moving from the last thread.

Quite like the idea of both of the north east teams in Europe. Not sure I could handle the waiting to see if we get 5th though. I think i’d be happier with them losing tonight and forgetting about the possibility of them qualifying and us not

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Ruddy…So you think we need a new striker? Personally I think defenders are needed as a priority, but we’re all allowed our opinions

• eric

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Pardew will sign who hes told to going in to the last half of the season with only two fit centre halves criminal and amateurish

• WWJBD

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Barnetta is on a free this summer if my information is correct whats the odds on us going after him again? Or is it more like the Larsson situation?

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Oh of course I know we are all entitled to our opinions and I actually half expect the club to sign one maybe 2 up and coming young strikers to bolster the ranks, on top of 1 maybe 2 players to boost the midfield ranks a little too. I was merely stating my desperation for a new batch of defenders to seriously challenge our current back 4, serious case of complacency has set in in my opinion

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I was only playing with you. Definately need defenders and to bolster the squad in general.

WWJBD…I bet the odds of us being linked with him are certainly good

• FatmanJoe

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I reckon they’ll bring in 5-6 youngsters and 1 major defensive signing.

Don’t think we’ll get the star winger (hoilet) or the bigmidielder (as tiote won’t leave) so we’ll be looking at youngsters all over the field.

The only position we need filling is lb/cb and a player who can do both roles.

Bassong anyone

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Couldn’t be having my closest ally of OV saying I’m not open to other people’s opinions…playing right into beetle’s hands there 😉

• bollance

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM

If we beat Liverpool on Sunday they will be closer in terms of points to 15th placed Aston Villa then us.

Somebody tell that to Enrique

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Beetles. He has made me smile once or twice.

• WWJBD

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I reckon 2 defensive signings LB/CB for first team a RB if Simmo is on his bike, a couple of CMs (Diame and Martin my hopes), a winger/RM (Ryad or Holliet again hopes) and a young striker (Rhodes or that kid from City who is on loan)

Though I think we should be looking at more English players

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM

If he is going to change his name to anything he should ditch the apocalyptic dross and adopt his new name BEETLE, embrace the laughter BEETLE!! 😀

• WWJBD

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:38 PM

CODARM
    Aye without doubt but if he doesnt sign as soon as the window opens we arent getting him imo

• bollance

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:38 PM

If Aston villa beat Chelsea which we hope they do then AV will be 6 points away from liverpool yet probably still 15th

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Could even change it to Beattie the optimistic Beetle? Or Bob…wait a minute…

• Dannyo

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM

@WWJBD
    He’s an RW isn’t he? Looks a similar player to Larsson tbh, and he’s 26. But we need a good RW. I’d like to think he’s a bit down the pecking order as far as RWs go tbh.
    I think we’ll be aiming for Hoilett and/or Knockeart first.

• FatmanJoe

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Agreed on English players. We have a few but only squad players. Trouble is they cost more. Don’t think it fits our policy.

I like onouha despite playing for the scum and if Simpson left would try everything to get him.

• rozehnal

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Shud have a look at couple blackburns players cos we could them on cheap and hoilett free

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM

WWJBD…I hope after the past couple of windows, they will not spend so much time waiting on unsure players. if they don’t like what’s put in front of them, move to the next target. Also, would be delighted with your players in @14. What a team we’d have

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM

TDS…interesting table. thanks for posting it.

So the scum above us? Liverpool in relegation spots. Majorly mixed feelings there

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM

WWJBD

Young striker on loan at Feyenoord? Guidetti? Looks amazing and is really tearing it up over there…much akin to a certain Mateja Kezman though 😛 remember him guys?

I would love to see Douglas arrive on a free or Erik Pieters, the guy can cover CB and is a very good LB. If Simmo goes the decision is to either sign a first teamer for RB or give Tav a crack at it.

Guthrie is all but out the door I think so a new CM is necessary, although given that Abeid, Vuckic and Gosling all play there I would not be inclined to sign any more than just the one. If we get into Europe we may need 2.

Rhodes should have been snapped up in the summer, who knows a deal could have been put in place when Clarky was in charge. Here’s hoping

• WWJBD

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Dannyo
    He is indeed though I have no idea if he is a speedy whip a cross in winger, a slow Barton type winger or a HBA type cant remember haha

CODARM
    Yeah I think thats how it will work now after last summer. I doubt the players I named will be coming in but Id love it if there did 😉

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Everyone who says that our form in 2012 has been shocking take a look at the table that TDS has just posted!!!

It is hard to beat cold hard facts 😀

• WWJBD

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Ruddy
    Thats the kid couldnt remember (or spell) his name like haha sounds a cracker but could be off to bigger than us.

Those are the two defenders I am expecting but could be shocked and get players we haven’t been linked with in the end. If Simmo goes Id want us to go all out for Clyne and offer him a big contract and first team football as a given but who knows what will happen with him.

Rhodes has a lot of press but maybe we could give them Ranger in trade in order to get him over the line 😉

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Ranger for Rhodes…Yes please

Ruddy…It is hard to argue with facts, but there will be some who will try

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I fear that we will be lumbered with the gangsta Ranger unless his explodes into goal scoring form in League One with the Owls and a team like Huddersfield see potential in him. If he does then he could yet prove useful for NUFC…by acting as a make weight in a transfer for Rhodes…that would be heavenly!!! One numpty out and a bright young talent in his place. Although we did say that about Ranger when he first signed…

“over the line…” As much as I love Pards if he utters those words in the summer I will scream! haha

As a great man once said…if the facts don’t fit the theory…change the facts! 😛

• geordiejamie89

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I think seems Simpson hasn’t been tied down, Santon to move to prefered RB, and we sign a left back like Pieters and a CB like the Dutch CBs we’ve been linked with. I think this would make us strong enough, especially considering Steven Taylor should be fit and back in the team next season. A good squad next season again.

——————————Krul—————————
    Santon——–S Taylor———-Collocini——-Pieters
    —————————–Tiote—————————-
    ———–Ben Arfa——Cabaye—-Gutierrez———–
    ———————-Demba——–Cisee——————

Subs:—(New keeper)—(New CB)—Corgnet—R Taylor—(New right winger)—Rhodes—(new striker).

• geordiejamie89

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM

And then don’t forget all the other players trying to break into the squad, forcing players to work hard in training: Obertan—Perch—Williamson—Sammy Ameobi—Vuckic—Marveux.

• Dyer8

———-Cabaye–Martin
    HBA——————————-Ba
    —————–Cisse

• Nipsey

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM

If we can get
    Junior Hoilett & Douglas on a Free it will be very good. After that we can Buy Mbiwa 4M , Pieters 6M then look for one Creative midfielder + a Defensive Midfielder if we can

• JP...from The Rock

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM

@#1-rozehnal – Marvin Martins would be my dream signing after Cisse!

He would fit into our team perfectly and is an immense talent that is only recently making a name for himself. He still isn’t World Famous so we have a slight chance in getting him. But this kid will become a star very soon-watch this space.

• mansize scotty

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Wot goes BEEP BEEP BEEP ? Sunder lands open top bus reversing back in 2 the garage. Hahahaha

• JP...from The Rock

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM

mansize scotty – hahaha nice 1 m8 😛 But I have to admit I am a bit worried they might reach the final knowing our luck

• JP...from The Rock

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Dyer8 – I just creamed myself fantasizing about your amazing team….aaaahhh

• brklyngeordie

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:38 PM

We will need a whole lot of players if we qualify for Europe and want to remain in the top 6 of BPL and be in contention of the domestic cups…I reckon at least 8 players with some of our own leaving.. we need to touch on all basis of squad from GK DEF MID ATT Academy…I put them in this order- DEF,ATT,Academy,GK,MID..It will be a great bargaining chip especially for younger players to join the club and convince them we are onwards and upwards as a club if we qualify for Europe.. HWTL!!!

• JP...from The Rock

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM

OK…sorry about now seriously that team is perfect. An amazing attacking team and it’s exactly what I wish Newcastle will become soon. really think it’s possible and all those names you mention are within our grasp. If only we do it. After all the success we’ve had building this team I am very pleased that Pardew said that the building never stops. The man knows like us that we need those type of players you listed and I am confident Pardew and co will deliver again. These are very exciting times indeed for us NUFC fans even if we end up losing this Sunday against Liverfool. I think we’ll sneak a late equalizer to make it 2-2 but I am hoping for a win obviously. We must get into Europe it’s our mission this season and behind the scenes always has been. I am a bit down that I couldn’t make it to the game as I had planned all year as I know this will be a great match to watch, can’t wait!

Bring it on Liverfool!!