Alan Pardew – I’m Loving It At Newcastle

In Alan Pardew’s first game in charge of Newcastle he had been at the club only a couple of days, and Alan Pardew’s team beat Liverpool 3-1 on Saturday 11th December.

Alan Pardew – I’m loving it at Newcastle

And Newcastle will meet Liverpool tomorrow in the same fixture this season, in front of a sell-out St. James’ Park, and he will be hoping again to grab all 3 points.

The Newcastle manager has admitted to finish above Liverpool this season would  be very special:

“To finish above them, I have to tell you, the wine will taste nice in the ­summer. But that’s not going to be easy ­because their run-in is much smoother than ours.”

“I think it’s very important we don’t lose. If somebody said, ‘Would you take a draw?’ I would.” “But we will be trying to win for our fans, who are really up for it, and our stadium will be rocking.”

“It might be a high-scoring game with the players on the pitch. If I have to suffer a 5-4 victory, I will have to take it!’’

Newcastle are currently 8 points above Liverpool, and in 6th position with only 8 league games to play, and there  is some hope the lads can qualify for the Europa League for next season.

And as far as Alan Pardew seeking another manager position,  he seems not to be interested,  and says he just loves it at Newcastle:

“I’m loving it here. I don’t want to go anywhere else.”  “In the past when I’ve been a manager, I’ve kept one eye on ­vacancies and thought, ‘That would be nice’.”

“But I don’t think like that now. You get to a certain age as a manager and you know that the grass isn’t ­always greener.”   “It’s not just about me.”

“It has been a team effort right across the board from everyone at the club. We are all able to take a little bit of credit for the balance sheet. But, above all, it is about results.”

“We have a strategy in place which has proved successful.” “We have sold players but we have gone out and identified replacements such as Demba Ba, Yohan Cabaye and ­Papiss Cisse who have gelled quickly.”

The Newcastle strategy is being executed almost flawlessly this season, and Newcastle have never been as high as 6th position, since Bobby Robson was managing the club from 1999 through 2004.

But there is a decent chance that Newcastle can finish in 6th place,  and with a little luck that should be enough to get back into Europe for the first time since the 2006-2007 under Glenn Roeder, when we finished in 7th place and won six of our last seven league games.

It would help a lot if Newcastle can get all 3 points tomorrow afternoon against Liverpool.

Howay The Lads!!

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:34 PM

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Strange comments from Pards there,reading between the lines (check) he’s admitting the defence is sh*te but we’ve got a lot up front ?

• Baro

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Can’t wait for the match tomorrow…..

We have a really great squad. There is everything here. We have Team Spirit, which isn’t easy to get with every team. Then we have a awesome attack force, which some dream of. We have a young outstanding and possibly goalkeeper of the year in Timmy Krul. Then we have a very hard working defense who sometimes fall asleep, but overall have been pretty good, considering our best defender is and was out for a pretty long time, and done for season. Our midfield has been really good, it has changed a little.

But, all i want tomorrow is that win! Its a St.James’ and we really really need this win to push on our magnificent season, and close in on a Europa League spot……

Howay The Lads!!

• Baro

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I’d go with this tomorrow…..

Krul

Simmo—Willo—Perch—Santon

Tiote—Gutierrez

Cabaye

Ben Arfa—Cisse—Ba

• Baro

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:54 PM

hey guys i know we have a way to go b4 the season is over..

but, who is you player of the season?

Mine narrows to 3
    can’t decide yet…

Tim Krul

Demba Ba

Jonas Gutierrez

• Baro

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:58 PM

sums up what he wants….

“I’ve always tried to show what makes me different. I’m not interested in going on to the pitch and making pointless two-metre passes like some players do”

• Baro

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM

anyways will b on here once prematch kicks off….

game is on sky

howay the lads!!

Lets do it tomorrow!

• Toon Tang

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM

sometimes i need a wheelbarrow to carry me balls in.

• shieldsmag

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Not the most flattering pic of Pardew. What’s happened to his left ear?

Will happily settle for a draw tomorrow too.

• Think I finally cracked who we can compare ourselves too now…

Napoli
    Scary attack… shite defence at the moment

• Toon Tang

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM

im going 3-3 tomoz anyway . dont think we’ll manage a clean sheet but will defo bag a few . gonna be a wee cracker

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Toon tang
    I can’t recall ever winning a bet from a correct Toon score in me life so not gonna try this one.

• soap

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:22 AM

@ Baro,

I’d probably give it to Colo. He’s barely had a poor performance all season and seems to be a solid choice for our captain. The team has gelled so well with all its new key players and I would imagine Colo has played his fair share in this.

Also he has helped Santon and Raylor before him immensely. It must be frustrating to be surrounded by potential errors, but he is always prepared.

If you took Colo out of our lineup for the majority of the season, I think we’d be looking at a lower half of the table finish.

• Kc-Toon

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I would agree with colo for the player of the season. Players like tiote and cabaye have had their injuries and suspensions, yet the team have barely lacked in any way when replacing them, yet when colo misses games, we look a total diffrent side in regards of out defense. 1 solid signing away from a very sturdy defense, would love a cheap young player like dede

• geordiejamie89

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I’d have to go. . . . . Demba, IF he signs a new contract haha, if not Colo.

• out of toon

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:31 AM

@Baro

Great link cheers – We’ve all seen his ability to boss and win games, maybe now some consistency… and hopefully he’ll still be playing at St James in three or four years.

It’s Colo or Demba for me… Ba if he can score a few more goals before the end of season

Strange results yesterday. 6th v 8th this afternoon eh???

• geordiejamie89

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:37 AM

@out of toon – lets hope Everton can keep up good form (except in the game against us) and finish above liverpool aswell.

• bills-son

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2012 at 11:34 PM – Forgetting to tax one of his motors and getting a ticket for it in Lidl car park is too good for Ashley.

Corka!

Jail – why don’t you get all of your ‘too good’ sayings into a book and send it to Ashley? It would make a cracking Xmas present.

• jesperfuglsang

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I am hoping for a 3-1 to us, but am affraid it is going to be the other way around with our defense.

Pardew need to be at his best tactically today.

Anyways looking for to the game; having been as exicited for a long time 🙂

HWTL