The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Top Players Hit By Virus – To Miss Liverpool Game

2:30 am, Sunday, April 1st, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 46 Comments

We are receiving some worrisome news that some top Newcastle players have been affected by a virus on Saturday.

Tim Krul - could miss his first league game of the season

Apparently one or two players were feeling a little unwell at training yesterday, and that some of our players will not make it for the important  game today against Liverpool.

The players affected are thought to be Tim Krul, Mike Williamson, Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba and Ben Arfa.

If they cannot make it then Newcastle will need to draft in players like Rob Elliot, Haris Vuckic,  Danny Guthrie, Shola Ameobi, and we expect Danny Simpson to have to play at center-back again with James Perch.

Newcastle are also  trying to get James Tavernier back from MK Dons, but he played for 73 minutes for them yesterday, in their 2-1 loss at home to Brentford.

It’s certainly a little worrying playing with Perch and Simpson in central defense, especially with former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll, with his aerial ability, very likely to start at center- forward for The Reds.

This is what Alan Pardew told the press late last night:

“It seems like some kind of  bug or virus as far as we can tell, and yes,  a number of our players had to stop training this afternoon.” “They are resting and we’ll just have to see how they are this morning.”

“The Newcastle doctor has seen to each one of them, but there’s not much you can do if indeed it is a virus.”

“But on the positive side,   it will  now be a chance for some of other players to show what they can do against Liverpool.”

It doesn’t look good,  but we can still win against Liverpool – can’t we?

Isn’t it really good that today is April Fool’s Day!

Even I feel better now! :D

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Newcastle News · Other News

46 responses so far ↓

• 1 Baro // Apr 1, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Let’s keep it going….

On April 1st 2012 Carroll to score a hatrick .. Lmao!

• 2 MacToon // Apr 1, 2012 at 2:42 AM

:lol:

• 3 DarloGeordie // Apr 1, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Had me going for a second there Ed :-)

• 4 the_besty_show // Apr 1, 2012 at 2:47 AM

lmao diiiiiiickkk i was about to try catch the bookies out and back liverpool

• 5 irishtoon086 // Apr 1, 2012 at 2:48 AM

you little git dont be saying things like that

• 6 geordiejamie89 // Apr 1, 2012 at 3:00 AM

ahhhhhhh

• 7 ~Perchinho the Pheonix~ // Apr 1, 2012 at 3:23 AM

APRIL FOOLS.

I just stained my pants…. thanks Ed…

• 8 JP...from The Rock // Apr 1, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Damn it Ed I was nearly having a stroke reading that and I am only 30!! lol

Can’t wait for tomorrows game, it should be a cracker!

• 9 LGFUAD21 // Apr 1, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Omgd. Horrible trick that

• 10 Robby Bobson // Apr 1, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Started off panicking…

then thought ohhh its April the first haha…

then ended up panicking again because it reminded me my dissertation is in in a week.

Cheers Ed, thanks alot!!!

• 11 Robby Bobson // Apr 1, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Biggest April Fools is the quote from enrique…

“I accept I did criticise the owner and what I said in the past, I still think the same.

“After Carroll left they should have strengthened the squad and should have taken a step forward.

“This season they have got new players and Newcastle have improved. This tells me I was not wrong to say what I did.”

How was he not wrong…we challenging for the top six…liverpool are 8 points behind. Someone was proved wrong and cant hack it!!

• 12 Dondatta13 // Apr 1, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Ha ha …. Had me hook line a sinker!

• 13 Thump // Apr 1, 2012 at 4:18 AM

For years your April fools jokes have had me laughing as soon as I see the headline… but you had my heart going there like Ed! Haha

• 14 Ben3arfa // Apr 1, 2012 at 4:32 AM

Thank you for the april fool’s scare Ed :D

I really genuinely hope we beat liverpool well today , I absolutely dislike that team and their manager

• 15 KINGSMILL (The Poster Formerly Known as Niff) // Apr 1, 2012 at 4:44 AM

… SCREW YOU ED… SCREW YOU!

>.< Can't believe I bought into that…

• 16 KINGSMILL (The Poster Formerly Known as Niff) // Apr 1, 2012 at 4:44 AM

( because it’s march 31st still over here…)

• 17 BringBackTav // Apr 1, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Very funny Ed, I was sweating the entire time. That had me biting nails til the end and then RELIEF. I mean, let’s think about this one. Elliot (unproven in the Prem) in goal. Perch and Simpson (good defenders, but no height) at CB and out of position. No Tiote. Scary. At least there’s a rumor of bringing back Tav :)

• 18 t00ntime // Apr 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM

first of all I thought sh1t were screwed… then I saw the pic of krul and rememberd him saying on twitter that training was great :P put 2 and 2 together and though its a joke… sure enoug :P phew we are already mssing colo nevermind krul

• 19 ilovetoon8788 // Apr 1, 2012 at 5:22 AM

gave me a scare! very clever ed! Simpson and Perch at centreback is a nightmare!!

• 20 Norwegian_geordie // Apr 1, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Ole Soderberg has apparently signed for Molde (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer s Club in Norway)

Any News?

• 21 Klatoon // Apr 1, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Just read that Johnson,Agger and Kelly were available today. Hope its another fools day prank because im looking forward to Carragher and Flannagan getting raped by Ba and Cisse :-)

• 22 Dannyo // Apr 1, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Dear me, i hate u Ed… :P
    Well, i really don’t, but bloody hell that was cheeky.

• 23 obatoyou // Apr 1, 2012 at 6:39 AM

U sorry sod, tho smelled funny, if demba ba and hatem ben arfa were sick, there’d be more articles about it heh, we have 50 articles when a squad player is injured!

• 24 Expat MAG // Apr 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Ed, you had us all going there bonny lad. Not good to lose any players and Colo will be sadly missed today.

Can’t see a goal less game today and only hope we can out score them; another 4-3 score line will suffice provided this time the toon win!!!

HWTL

• 25 scdoty // Apr 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Did not need to wake up to that, not that keen on you now Ed if I’m honest. Lol.

As I was reading it was thinking of formations for today in my head & they where horrible. I could see a 0-5 thrashing on the cards.

Well and truly had.

Anyway got a £10 4-2 win on for today, 66-1. Although I’d happily win 1-0 & loose the money.

Really exited today.

HWTL

• 26 Belly // Apr 1, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I just shit myself lol

• 27 check the toastie // Apr 1, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Totally gutted about the virus joke, has put me in a bad mood and im struggling to shake myself out of it, hope we beat the scumpool, but as normal i am totally pessimistic, it goes to show how desperate we are when im devastated simpson,perch and williamson are out. Reality chreck for me and i would be more than happy with a draw.

• 28 JAMSHA // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:05 AM

EDDDDDDDDDDD UUUUUUUUU LOL. THAT SCARED ME . WAS GONA MSG MA FRND TO TELL BOUT IT :@

• 29 ramajama // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Haha man you got me good Ed. i shat my pants big time

• 30 xfer // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Was waiting for this article! I recalled the same thing I read, not the content, last year. Told myself I shan’t fall for it. But for a sec, I believed it cos it’s more surreal this time round. Haha. Gj Ed.

Howay the lads!

• 31 alip123 // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Bloody hell, Ed. Had me going there!

• 32 fungus44 // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:11 AM

good one ed you had me going ,and i have to go to work and ferry the fan,s in to town on the bus so if it was true my life would be hell

• 33 Dennis Twice // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM

…thanks : )

• 34 Oleg G // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Ed I hate you!!!!!!! :)

40 sec of reading this post, already had so many thoughts and feeling sorry for us again. arghh!!!

• 35 Les Grossman // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Shittest, most obvious April fools ever!!
    Now Id like you to take a huge step back……….and F11CK your own face!!!
    Thanks

• 36 LewSpi // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Wow. That’s a fairly cruel trick, hook line and sinker over here.

• 37 FatmanJoe // Apr 1, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Haha that was good.

Even my fiancé shit herself hearing krul wouldn’t be in goal tonight!

• 38 Hawaiian Geordie // Apr 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Saw it on forum first, otherwise I would have been had.

Ed got me last year or the year before, with that buyout rumor.

HWTL!!!!!!

• 39 stretchintoon // Apr 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM

oh dear,hook line and sinker,on another note i wont be booing carroll as much as i’ll be booing enrique..hope the little twat has a mare against ben arfa…come on lads stuff them bin dipping toe rags!!!

• 40 nico // Apr 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Nice one Ed. Had me going for a minute. I’d love to see Enrique have a stinker. Come on Perchie Boy show us what your made of.

• 41 Szarka // Apr 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Man, my heart stoped for a minute :)

• 42 Sambo from belgium // Apr 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM

oh ED XD I screamed out loud in my room and my mom came in. She asked me what was wrong xD I hadn’t read the whole article yet… good one… good one xD

• 43 moonraker // Apr 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Freakin hell Ed I nearly fainted! just been mouthing off to my Bindipper nephew and then read that report!

• 44 Whistler // Apr 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Lol thank god it’s April 1st….

On another note, I read a headline in one of the newspapers this morning to an article in which Enrique is calling for respect from the Newcastle fans today….I nearly choked on my toast!
    How can he dare ask for respect??? a man who strung the fans and the club along for over a year, stalling on a contract re-negotiation which in hindsight he clearly had no intention of agreeing to, where was the respect then? Or where was the respect when he rubbished our club and claimed Liverpool was where he always wanted to play? I hope he is shown the same level of respect today that he has shown us….I can’t stand the bin dippers….I will love it Keegan style if we do them today….

• 45 english yeoman // Apr 1, 2012 at 11:49 AM

OMG – got me hook line and sinker too you git!

Was just in the process of telling the wife the devastating news when I got your last line! So very relieved!

Love the blog (never post just read!) Keep up the good work.

• 46 xfer // Apr 1, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Oh ya. That’s right. Last year’s one was the anabi’s(sp?) buyout. Haha. Looking forward to next year’s!

Cheers. Great result against the fools.

previous post: Alan Pardew – I’m Loving It At Newcastle