Newcastle Transfer Work In Full Swing – PSG Want Demba Ba

It seems that Newcastle’s summer transfer work is well underway on Tyneside.

Demba Ba – PSG are interested in Newcastle striker

And if Newcastle can qualify this season for the Europa League, we think there will be even more players arriving this summer.

We expect Alan Smith, Perter Lovenkrands, Tamas Kadar, Xisco, Nile Ranger, Danny Guthrie and others to leave the club in the summer, and new players will be drafted into the club in their place.

This is what Alan Pardew said today to the Sunday Sun when asked about the transfer business:

“We have started,” “You can’t obviously talk to players, which is a problem, but you can talk to clubs, you can talk to agents, and you can generally get a feel for the market.”

“That’s, of course what we’re doing and our scouting has revved up a little. I shall certainly be on my travels between now and the end of the season, and possibly not be around the training ground as much as I normally am.”

“It’s important we get that part of it right.”

Newcastle will bring in a a new center-back and a left footed left back,  with maybe the favorites being 6’4″ Brazilian Douglas from FC Twente,  and Dutch International Erik Pieters of PSV, both of whom play in the Dutch League.

It is thought that the now rich Paris club, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), are very keen to take Demba Ba – and we suppose if the right money comes in then Newcastle will sell.

Be was born in the suburbs of Paris, so a move there may be attractive to him, and PSG will be able to pay him more than he’ll get on Tyneside, and of course the Tyneside club are trying to get the Senegal striker to sign a new deal at Newcastle.

Newcastle are said to be looking at some other strikers to bring in – just in case Ba is sold in the summer.

The scouting activities at the club are also in full swing, and of course Alan Pardew will also be on his travels before the end of the season, to check out some of Newcastle’s targets.

Strangely, the Sunday Sun is reporting that Newcastle are not looking at players who will be out of contract in the summer, so that would include Douglas of FC Twente, but it would be a surprise if they are not at least considering the no- nonsense defender.

• ilovetoon8788

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:18 AM

“If I scored on Sunday then I wouldn’t celebrate,” he told The Chronicle. “I hope I get a good reception from the fans, they’ll be getting one from me.

“I thought I did well for the club when I was there and loved it. I have some great memories from playing there.

“I have always had a good relationship with the Newcastle fans and it stems back to playing for them.”
    ————

This is what Carroll said. I have this funny feeling he’s going to score against us today. We always have this problem of former players scoring against us.

• Indian Magpie

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM

another piece of sunday sun crap

• NottsGeordie

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:20 AM

So i was thinking yesterday, this website should have a forum where people can talk about all sorts of things instead of having to fit it all into the comments section.

• alip123

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM

If Demba did leave for PSG, I would be upset, but as long as he went about it in the right way I wouldn’t be too angry, seeing as he is a PSG fan.

I would love him to stay, and I think he appreciates Newcastle, and that he may not get 1st team footy at PSG

• pengy

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM

If Demba did want to go to PSG id offer tem a swap for Gameiro. he doesnt get too many starts.

• Pecorino ( will let you figure it out)

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Yeah I dont know what to make of it….. I think it would be kind of low, but we all know that players ARE all about money other than the select few.

For example the Bilbao player who opted to play for free for the club….that is missing from football today. I just hope we don’t get caught red handed and are without a quality CF if he does leave.

I don’t know what wages he is on but Krasic from Juve is stunning and the current coach has real boring football happening and he is unhappy would love him at Newcastle but wont happen….

• Pecorino ( will let you figure it out)

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM

+1 pengy but the wages of Gameiro are huge…

• Pecorino ( will let you figure it out)

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM

To be honest I don’t see the appeal of PSG other than wages. They are a club with not much soul in all honesty.

Marseille trump them history wise success wise too. Europe at least I think. They don’t have a certain ring to anybody other than in Paris. I mean Napoli are world famous, the whole southerner mentality, Maradona, their Kit, their immense support, I dont know if you knew but they where (whilst in league 3!) the most supported team in Italy.

Etc etc …. I just cant see why anybody would be so into them, but then again I dont know why human beings support manure….

• jimmymagpie

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM

The appeal is that it is his home, where all his family live. Not to mention the mega wages they can afford to pay. Ed, the right price as you call it, only has to be the amount that is stipulated in his contract. Reading between the lines, and what Pardew is hinting, I think they’ve already accepted that he’ll be off in the summer. My worry is, what effect this will have on Cisse.

• solano

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Stepping Stone Club.

• Dyer8

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Ba = Gameiro or Matuidi

• bills-son

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Ah solano is back ..

No surprise your ‘stepping stone comment’ eh?!

Do you mean a stepping stone to the top 6 of the Prem and European football ?

Coz thats us solano – not the relegation battling team of duff no hopers you claimed we would be under the unmabitious Ashley.

Tell me, how does it feel to be so wrong?

• geordiejamie89

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I hope he stays unless it’s another mega bucks offer.

• Troleibusiukas_LTU

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM

if we sell BA and Loverkrands, Ranger we will buy something like Luuk de Jong, Jr. Hoillet, and youngster.

Guthrie will be replaced with Corgnet or Knokeart,

Simpson will be replaced by pieters (or Mapou) and Tavernier, Douglas and van Dijk as CB, no worries we have replacements line upped for Tiote as well if in case of silly money offers coming in 🙂 Also we have abeid.

• Crawfordladd17

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I know him being a PSG fan but doesn’t mean he will leave because Cabaye is probably a Lille fan, Ben Arfa was probably a Lyon fan and even leaved them for a smaller club Marseille, Obertan a Bordeaux, Abeid a Lens you see what I am getting at, Newcastle better team better squad better league better stadium PSG are a fail Manchester City