Tavernier Back From Loan – Perch Should Be Banned – Nonsense!

James Tavernier, who is well thought of at Newcastle,  has returned from his loan spell at MK Dons, and he goes straight into the squad for the Good Friday game at Swansea City.

James Tavernier – 20 year-old back from loan spell at MK Dons

James has gained a lot of experience over the last 14 months or so on loan at Gateshead (18), Carlisle  United (17), Sheffield Wednesday (8) and MK Dons (6) where he has played a total of 49 games.

And when he returned from Sheffield Wednesday in February, James was very impressive in training,  and manager Alan Pardew said he looked as good as current first choice right-back Danny Simpson.

It seems that Alan Pardew wants to have a look at the lad,  and see how good Tavernier is,  and we expect him to make some sub appearances over the last 7 games of the season.

And it could be that he could become the replacement for Danny Simpson next season, if the former Manchester United player refuses to sign his new deal before the summer, although we expect at least one new left-footed full-back to be drafted in the summer – probably Erik Pieters of PSV.

This is what James said on the Newcastle web-site today about his loan spell:

“It was very beneficial for me,” “It was another loan spell which allowed me to go out and play games, which is what I need, and I really enjoyed it.”

“A knee injury stopped me from playing a few games but I still enjoyed it and hopefully they can go on and get promotion.”  “I hope they get to Wembley in the play-offs and go up.”

“I’d have loved to have had the chance to play at Wembley so it’s disappointing in some ways that I won’t be able to now, but it’s great being called back.”

“And now I might be involved in the last few games of the season for Newcastle, which is exciting. Hopefully that can happen but we’ll wait and see.”

And there has been a lot of nonsense written about the Pepe Reina – James Perch incident on Sunday, and we see a number of Liverpool’s current and former players have chipped in.

Liverpool full-back Glen Johnson tweeted this a couple of day ago:

“What have I just seen? Is Perch for real?! Joke,”

Was it also a joke that Reina butted James Perch and totally lost his control – it’s not James’ fault that Reina now misses three games and the semi-final against Everton, and we noticed there was no appeal of the red card made by Liverpool.

And why do these footballers get involved with these things – they are not supposed to comment on the incidents in games.

And former Liverpool striker Stan Collymore had this to say today:

“Not many suggesting punishments for diving, so is it now with us for good? I say give Carroll/Perch three game bans. They won’t do it again.”

Do what again for Perch?

James was head-butted by the Liverpool goalkeeper – we suppose he wanted James sent off and Pepe slapped on the back for head-butting Perch.

As we said earlier, there’s  been some utter nonsense written since Sunday about that incident,  after Newcastle walloped Liverpool 2-0 and were the better side and are now 11 points clear of Liverpool.

We know Liverpool fans and Liverpool players are not in the best of spirits at the moment – the side has lost six of their last seven league games – but they should look at their own players and not the opposition for where the problem lies.

Liverpool’s revival has to start with their players  starting to step up to the plate,  which they haven’t done this year in the league,  having gained a paltry 8 points from their last 12 games, and 3 of those points were against a badly weakened Everton side.

And so as not to embarrass the Liverpool management, we are not even going to mention that Kenny Dalglish has spent close to £120M on new players in the last 15 months.

• ~Perchinho the Pheonix~

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM

LiverFoolian Ideology.

Perch over react’s once. Ban the guy.

“Hand of God” Suarez, handball’s to get an advantage, spits on people, racially abuses them, kicks them, bites them, dives on a weekly basis, Over react’s on a weekly basis. Give the guy a medal.

If you want a picture that best describes the meaning of hypocrisy. Look at a photo of the majority of Liver – april – foolians.

• tony green

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Which was the best out of the three:

Barton v Arsenal (Gervinho OFF)
    Tiote v 5under1and (Sessegnon OFF)
    Perch v Liverpool (Reina OFF)

Probably Tiote for me….

..though Reina WAS like the icing on the cake.

Was Perch supposed to stand his ground and have a scrap with Reina there and then because that’s the way it was going? We did get a lot of luck on the day but no-one can convince me that any Liverpool player would have acted any differently if Krul had done that to one of their players..

• roe997

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Pardews fist pump

Oh man.all the best with that we all wanting it.i really have that feel good feeling with the run.mind i suspect a bombardment from other managers and media around the corner with unsettling rumours eg transfers and contracts.but as we’ve seen with ba contact etc pardew the coolcat got it covered.one of the hardest jobs is keeping players focused happy and together.i have no doubt about pardews man management,he just needs to at the top of his game with the run. HWTL

• Nick 69

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM

• ~Perchinho the Pheonix~

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM

@Achtoon

Aye, and its not the first time he has done it. This is my personal favourite drama performance by Suarez.

Pushed in the rib. Clutches his head as if he took a hammer to the head.

• toonking

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM

roe997 well i did a top4 of 14-1 and a top 6 at 28-10 to avoid a loss but wish i thought of doing them when it was 80-1 for a top 4 and a top 6 prob 8-1

• GedNUFC4EVA

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I’m guessing that none of the Liverpool backroom staff and Management, or their fans noticed Suarez going down like he’d been smacked by one of the Klitschko brothers, holding on to his face when Jonas put his hand on his chest, the ref saw the incident as did the linesman but on that occasion decided to neither give a free kick to Liverpool, rightly so as it was not a foul,or to do book Suarez which he should have done in my opinion as it was a blatant dive. So if the Liverpool cry babies want Perch banned then so should both Carroll and Suarez, lets see how far they get without them.

• roe997

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I also suspect candle face floppy chops arry redneck to start piping up and spouting shite if we start biting at tottenham spurs.look out welly face we are on the march.

• SHITBALLS (The poster formally known as Beattie25)

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I remember the story of collymore durin the world cup of 1998. He was roughing ulrika Johnson up in a bar and a Scotsman walked over and butted collymore, dropping him in the process. So he has first hand experience of being nutted the knob

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

@beattie. (I simply can’t call you shitballs, you tone lowerer lol)
    Aye collymore is a total nutsack as is anybody who’d hit a woman

• achtoon

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Cisse on twitter now @cissepapiss

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM

James perch injured? Broken face from reinas brutal headbutt? Lol

• SHITBALLS (The poster formally known as Beattie25)

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM

What’s wrong with SHITBALLS?

It has it’s meaning

Statistical Hunter of Irrelevant Tranmissions, Blogs and Anything Lacking Logical Sense.

I love being in the Valley everything smells rosey.

I am not even worried by Perchinhos injury because in optimism valley we believe Colo will be back!

• Klatoon

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Guthrie struggling too but we must maintain the 433, just slot Jonas back in CM and Santon LB.

• toonking

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Europe qualification next season
    on the last blog i read posts saying ways that we can get in europe even if everton reach final of fa cup
    when it comes to qualification of the europa league next season from my understanding everton getting into the final will halt our chance altogether unless we finish 5th or higher because the qualification of europa from premier league position is better than qualification due to cup as 5th place you get straight into the group stage but with the cups you go through a qualifing stage first so chelsea and tottemham finishing above us will mean they would use league pos for qualification therefore everton would get in through fa cup if they get into final.

• Toon Tang

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM

faddj , excellent shots mate. is that strolla eating a slice of pizza pitchside ?? haha

that twitter one of cisse holding the sign is funny as well

• SHITBALLS (The poster formally known as Beattie25)

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM

If Benfica win do you think Chelsea will capitulate?

• geordiejamie89

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I hope Chelsea win. I know we all want to finish above them in the league and this would help, but I hope they win anyway. I’d rather see a British club doing well, with exception to Barcelona. So Chelsea to win against Benfica then go out to Barcelona. And that to halter their league form and help the toon.

• GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous)

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Don’t particularly want Chelsea growing in confidence, a shattering defeat to completely deflalte them for the rest of the season is just what the doctor ordered.

If they win tonight, and go out to Barca they won’t be too upset becasue they’ll have been beaten by the best club in the world. If they lose a 1 goal advantage in a second leg home tie, that might just be enough to halt the Di Matteo honeymoon 😉

• SHITBALLS (The poster formally known as Beattie25)

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

My money is on Benfica. I expect them to play like Bilbao did against man ure. Rhys what my head says anyway.

As for my heart, I hope Benfica stuff them 17-0 and every Chelsea player catches Portugese flu. This illness runs riot throughout London and as a result the first team of Chelsea, arsenal and spurs are all unavailable until the end of the season.

Plausible?

• SHITBALLS (The poster formally known as Beattie25)

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Rhys? That’s

• SHITBALLS (The poster formally known as Beattie25)

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I can see Chelsea sinking down the table next year along with Liverfool.

Liverfool are just not an attractive club anymore and Chelsea need about 15 players to become formiddable again. Citeh and man ure will strengthen buy if Redknapp leave spurs will sink back and as for Arsenal I think Podilski is Van Persies replacement and their defence always will look vulnerable.

Next year we can take 4th spot but we really, really need investment. This summer will once and for all show us the TRUE intentions of our club, owners and management team. Being in ov I’ve got to say it’s going to be an exciting Summer.

By the way what did I say about Benfica?

They look good

• tdt

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Earlier someone said the Perch injury situation had been updated on Lee Ryders’ twitter, could someone with twitter please verify this claim? Thanks.

• Pardew's fist pump

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Maxi Pereira, Benfica’s RB, his contract expires at the end of this season I believe, aged 27 and played 64 times for Uruguay. Interesting watch.

• Marty-Toon

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Faddj
    Really good read and pics on there
    Best of wishes for the future

• Dannyo

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

So, Perch and Guthrie out for Swans, Tav will play for sure, betting Vuckic to take over midfield role.

• Tsunki

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Thanks Beattie for having your crappy name in bold large type I have to scroll down so your name disappears off the page so I can read your posts without family leaning over my shoulder wondering what on earth this site is about 🙂

I think there has been a general decline in the ‘big’ clubs over the last couple of years -Arsenal are holding a run together but look nowhere near as formidable as teams of the past, Chelski have virtually exhausted the world’s supply of ‘top’ managers only to find that it is indeed folly for a billionaire to expect to buy overnight champions time and time again. Now the old guard wo have really ruled the place are knocking on the door of retirement, and a petulant & expensive youth trained by them are following up. Citeh have embarked on the Chelski trail and will burn out far quicker than their peers. Man U seem to have run out of academy talent to ensure their future, and may not have the financial power to buy their way out of trouble. Liverpool are just mugs, living on the past. It looks very much like a new age is dawning where previous upstarts and mid-table botherers such as spurs, everton and our good selves who are run by men who have anticipated the need for more astute financial management, sensible trading and brand building, come into the ascendency.

Only Arsenal seem to have the brand model to sustain their position but I think we should definitely enjoy a few years of high-profile footy and who knows, maybe some silverware. phew – that was a bit of a diatribe, wannit?

• SHITBALLS (The poster formally known as Beattie25)

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

@ Pardew

I love how we have all become mini-carrs and 90% of all toon fans have in depth knowledge of who will be on a free this summer!

I know there was a press release saying we won’t sign free transfers but we deffinatley should. If we signed 4 of the free players we would be immense. If we don’t sgn freebies who will we sign?

Who would you go for fist pump?

• Spuggy

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Welcome to twitter papisto!

@CissePapiss

• SHITBALLS (The poster formally known as Beattie25)

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I didn’t consider the children!

I will change my name back!

• Tsunki

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Maybe if you substitute a few letters with a * so you can remain true to your values 😉

• Spuggy

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

What about Fartball (AKA Sprouts)

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Id spend 70 million bringing in
    colback (sunderland 20 million)
    McEachran (chelsea 25 million)
    Townsend (tottenham 25 milliofbfdcvg
    Dhfxcfdvgfcvgf

sorry guys. just had to wrestle my phone off Dalgleish

• Anth

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I find it highly amusing that stan says all that shit. Well if perch deserves to be banned then what about him for his woman beating escapades. He should not be anyway involved with football weather it be radio or on tv. F****g double standards in my opinion! F u stan! On the flip side just got my ticket for stoke ! HWTL!!!

• Tsunki

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

hey ho is that Papiss’ first tweet? ‘I wanna speak Geordie’ ? what a guy! 🙂

• tdt

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

This Chelsea game is demonstrating what happens when a ref tries to be smart and set an early example for booking every little foul.

The result is that there’s a second yellow given to someone before 40mins for 2 soft fouls. This match has been totally changed due to this stupid situation.

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

@beattie. Replace hunter with predator or punisher.
    Et voila SPITBALLS

• Toon Tang

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM

haha’s at hovis , im sure there would be no wrestling needed though

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

@toon tang. true. I just distracted him by saying there was a black fella behind him

• lualua17

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Geordiejamie89 @ 24 I would rage that if Williamson’s challenge was classed as a pen then so should Skrtl’s hold on Ba it was pretty much the same thing but none of the commentators highlighted that one If that was the case in my eyes it would be 2 pens each.