Fast Counter-Attacking To Be The Newcastle Plan At Swansea

It’s going to be a tough game tomorrow at the Liberty Stadium in Swansea.

Alan Pardew – hopes to take chances at Swansea tomorrow

There’s no doubt about that and Swansea this season have given Arsenal and Manchester City defeats when they visited South Wales, and the sell-out crowd tomorrow will be looking forward to making Newcastle United their next victims.

Alan Pardew and Brendan Rogers are good friends, and Alan talked about Brendan and the game tomorrow:

“Brendan is a good friend of mine and he’s doing great.” “He plays an expansive game but of course that leaves them vulnerable.”

“If you can steal the ball like we did at West Brom, we can hurt them fast. That’s what we need to do against Swansea.”

“The game might appear like it is being dominated by Swansea but I think we carry the greater threat.”

“They beat Man City there and Arsenal.”  “They’ve had a couple of big scalps at their place.”  “It’s tough place to go and the atmosphere is terrific.”

“They’ll be looking forward to us coming to them.”  “I will be going to Bolton on Saturday.”  “It will be great for me to see them before we play on Monday.”

“They have one less day recovery than us and it could be significant – so we’ll see how that all unfolds.”

Swansea have played 15 games at home this season and have won six and drawn six and lost only three, and their home form is better than their form on the road.

We’ve received some emails from a number of Swansea supporters,  and the seem a good bunch, and they are certainly looking forward to the game, and they have also been very complimentary on what Newcastle have been able to achieve this season.

It’s likely to be a good and competitive game tomorrow, and very good to watch, and it’s live on TV around the world – a good time for Newcastle to be at their best.

We just have to hope that our counter-attacking works as well as it did at The Hawthorns, when we tore West Brom apart in that first half.

And we hope also that Demba Ba can get back on the goals trail, although we’ll take goals from anybody in a black and white shirt tomorrow.

A win would be tremendous, and would help put Newcastle closer to getting that Europa League place for next season.

Comments welcome.

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I’d take a Newcastle goal from any of the 22 players on that pitch 🙂

I think we can hurt them tomorrow. We have a confidence about us and are on a run. If we play as we have recently I can def see another 3 points for the toon

• Vask

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Repost from last thread.

Anyone would think Ed’s just been using my posts as a template for his article.

All hail my vast footballing knowledge.

I reckon it’ll be RTaylor or Santon LB and Jonas in Midfield for sure. I’d say RTaylor at left back is the most likely for his experience and defensive qualities. It’ll be interesting to see how we get on against a side who move the ball so well. We’ll see counter attacking football from our lads, and if it works as well as it did against the Tbaggers then we should edge it.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Fast counter attacking blog postings here Ed.

We need to close them down and challenge them in possession all the time, harry and give them no time on the ball then get the Trois Terroristes to finish them off

• Faddj

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

guys, I’m a young photographer trying to get a bit of recognition, I was sat pitch side at the game on Sunday for the ‘Wembley to Soweto’ project, if you have a minute have a look at my blog please, cheers!

• Vask

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM

MFH are you suggesting our front three are Muslim Terrorists? I’ve never witnessed such bigotry since Tsunki.

Before you start, I’m only kidding, I know you’re not a bigot. 😉

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Vask…for all I know you are Ed 🙂

Faddj…Nice work. Keep it up mate

MFH…I think Pardew will be comfortable with his game plan and team. I’m pretty confident they can pull it off.

• sirtoongospel

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM

off topic but is Steve Bruce for real?

He turned NUFC down, then later on takes the 5under1and job, and expects to be universally loved? He claims to be a Geordie but has done NOTHING to back up his theory. Being born around here is one thing, but actions speak louder than words. The unwashed hate him but more so because he was completely sh*t. His excuses are lame and he doesn’t deserve another job in the Prem.

Compare him, with his tired style and tactics to a young vibrant manager like Clarky. I know who I would have. Mrs Doubtfire needs to stop blaming others and get himself sorted out.

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

SirToon…How can you say agent Bruce never showed his loyalty to the toon. I miss him at the scum 🙂

• Beattie25

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Holy moly

I turn my back for half an hour and the I see ed had blogged 15 new stories.

Regarding Simmo on the previos thread. I fully believe his is solid, rigid and a good option at RB but is he good enough to take us forward? I don’t think so but it’s my opinion. I’d love to see him stay as he adds excellent depth but if Santon plays the full back position is unbalanced. It is no coincidence we have won 3 games where Santon hasn’t played. Not because of any inablilties but due to the fact that Simmo cannot speed forward and back like santon and this means our back 4 is often enough diagonal!

I would think there are better options available in the summer and that adding someone who could compliment santon is a neccesity! I’d like Simmo to stay to add depth but if he won’t sign a new contract it would be logical to cash in!

• Vask

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Ibiza, for all I know I’m Ed you never can be too careful, I do have a beautiful mind, this blog probly doesn’t exist.

I’d love to see Lee Clark get back involved in the club. I still owe him a quid and haven’t been able to track him down since 1995. Actually I better avoid him the interest will skint me. In all seriousness though Lee Clark as a future Newcastle Manager would suit me fine, Obviously not next week but in a few years when pards has run his course. I learned my footballing face from Lee.

• sirtoongospel

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Now on topic!

Swansea play really tidy stuff but if we are organised then it will be in front of us mostly. Cheick will look after us and if we break quickly we can pick them off.

Also, I fancy Demba to score tomorrow with a header, wouldn’t be surprised if Jonas back in midfield (Santon or Raylor at LB) sees us go 4-4-2 defensively but HBA making it 4-3-3 when we win it back.

We look organised recently and we work hard, so hopefully a devastating performance on the break will see us take them apart.

Prediction? A fantastic 4-1 win for the boys.

• sirtoongospel

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM

CODARM – he was doing a cracking job, but I just despise his face.

• winaldo1990

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Faddj

That’s a really nice piece man

Good on u

I think I’d whimper if met tiote lol

• papiss_on_your_parade

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I would say Raylor at LB, but i don’t fancy him up against the pace of sinclair, so i’d say Santon at LB, Raylor off the bench if he struggles with his ‘confidence. Who knows why he has these reservations, he’s a quality player in the making and he’s played for inter and now a top 6 premier league team!

4-3-3 again tomorrow? or perhaps a 5 man midfield to control the game against a fluently passing swansea?

Not sure about anyone else, but i’m not happy with the idea of gosling tomorrow, not been impressed with him so far, and tomorrow will be a tough game.

Hope perchinio is fit, him and collo at cb, jonas cabaye and tiote in midfield?

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Sirtoon…It’s a funny old face, agreed.

Beattie…Agreed.

Vask…If that is the case, then thanks for imagining me up!

• LooneyToon41

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I’ll be very surprised in Jonas doesn’t play in midfield.
    @14. Are you saying Colo is fit? News to me!

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM

The ‘Trois Terroristes’ are our French speaking front 3 who attack and strike fear into the opposing team’s defence…and their supporters itoof the blogs are anything to go by… 🙂

nothing to do with religion at all

• Tsunki

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Vask @ 5 – Oi! Stop spreading rumours! 🙂

We need to be vigilant and keep up with the pace, take our eye off and we could be left behind woefully in no mans land. He plays a speedy and opportunist game and if we are caught unawares there’s no catching up and we will be yesterday’s news. I’m talking about Ed’s posts BTW nothing to do with Swansea 🙂

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Tsunki 🙂

Papiss…do you want to drop Willo?

• xmindcrimex

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Love the pics Faddj. 🙂

• papiss_on_your_parade

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM

@looneytoon, of course he’s injured til monday isn’t he!

what to do at CB if perch and collo are injured then?
    I’d like to see tavernier play either LB or RB maybe as a sub?

• Vask

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Nice Tsunki, a brilliant parallel drawn there, if I was wittier I’d say something clever. Sorry about the whole bigot thing, I just love taking the piss out of bigoted view points/ PC nonsensical over sensitivity.

HEY EVERYBODY TSUNKI ISN’T A BIGOT, OK?

NIETHER IS MAGFLYHI.

• Ollieh51

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM

@ Beattie – Interesting about Simo working forwards too as he is still statistically the best in the league AND has played more games?

Full backs that can get forwards and backwards equally in the mould of Ivanovic, Sagna, Jose, Baines, Richards are quite rare and come at a cost.

I’d much rather have a quality RB than a RWB that goes galavanting up the pitch and you worry about when he loses the ball as Ben Arfa isn’t covering for him.

Needs to be balanced across the whole team like that.

Jose looked so good as he worked so well with Jonas.

He’s still decent but looks more vulnerable as he is being left exposed more.

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

So lads. Any news on perchs “knock”?

• Tsunki

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Er drop Willo? Now? I suppose there’s the lady who makes the tea for the boardroom. Actually some on here have spent a lifetime whingeing about our ‘paper thin’ squad ha ha (ok it was me…) But the way Pards has developed the entire squad I don’t think I would be too concerned with a new face in the back line, such as Tav, as long as its not Shola or HBA. And DEFINITELY NOT Tiote. We would be 3-3-3 within 30 seconds of KO.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I remember being apprehensive before we went to Stoke what with their reputation on their own patch and Pards out thinking them and we got a great result. The same is achievable tomorrow on our current form.
    Perhaps I should be more nervous about this game ?

• irishtoon086

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

we play on friday not monday get it right

• CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon)

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

We play Swansea Friday (6th) and then Bolton Monday (9th)….Is that right? I had assumed when people said Monday they meant a week later (16th).

• TOONALE

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Hovis
    The news on Perch is that he has had a scan on his head, and the scan showed he has a small growth on his brow, that acts as a trigger point
    and makes his legs give way, it will get better with time, but until then, he is advised to keep away from goal keepers.

• Robby Bobson

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I think Brendan Rodgers deserves alot of credit, but I think he’s taken too much credit for the way Swansea play, that was put in by Martinez and have always done it. I remember them passing us off the park whilst we were in the Championship.

Anyway, it will be difficult tomorrow, but we do work very hard, so we are well equipped to close them down quickly and hopefully force a few mistakes.

• geordiejamie89

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Swansea have done great this season I’ll give them that. But saying they play some of the best football in the league is over the top.
    They keep hold of the ball nearly as well as Man Utd in build up play, yes. But they’re not great going forward, and their defence is embarrising at times. And it’s not like they have a David Silva or Hatem Ben Arfa skinning four or five players, that’s good football.
    You can hold the ball up as much as you want, but the best football to me is clearly dictated at the end of the season by the table. I know there’s a few games left, but as far as a prem team goes, they’re average.
    As far as the game tomorrow goes, Newcastle should win, but we dropped two points against Wolves not long ago, so anything can happen.