Cisse – The Manager Has Confidence In Me – The Fans Too!

Papiss  Cisse seems very down to earth, after his amazing efforts of yesterday in South Wales.

Papiss Cisee assaulted by Shane Ferguson after great second goal

And that’s good because the last thing we want from any Newcastle player is to get too carried away with their success.

But the two Senegal lads, Cisse and Demba Ba are both humble people, and that’s good when you are a striker.

Papiss wants to play in Europe next season, but he says we cannot get too far ahead of ourselves:

“Sure they can dream, and it’s their right – but for us we must stay focused, that’s pretty much our duty.” “That’s exactly what we plan to do.”

“But I’m delighted for our fans, they made so much noise and traveled such a long way.” “They deserve to be in Europe.”

“We can’t think about Europe yet. We must take it match by match.” “We hope to play in Europe next season, but we can’t look beyond the next game.”

“It is fantastic to play for these supporters – it’s a pleasure. I was happy for them.” “My first goal was thanks to Yohan Cabaye.” “His pass was superb, and he made it easy for me.”

“I was very pleased with the second goal.” “The manager has confidence in me, and this gives me the confidence to score goals like that.”

“Confidence is so important for a striker, and when you’re scoring goals, you are always confident you can score more in the next game.” “I just have to keep working hard.

“Fortunately, I’m scoring goals, and my confidence couldn’t be higher.”

Even the Newcastle fans are not getting too carried away with things at the moment (kind of), and a few years back we’d be saying all kinds of daft things.

But it’s possible Newcastle can make the Europa League, and that would be a huge unexpected bonus for the Newcastle club, and we could see the squad both strengthened in skill and numbers  in the summer.

A place in Europe may also see Newcastle offer players like Danny Guthrie and Danny Simpson improved contracts,  to get them to stay on Tyneside.

But all that matters now is to win against Bolton on Monday afternoon, and anything but 3 points will dim the exploits of  yesterday in South Wales.

It’s got to be another three points on Monday.

Comments welcome.

• Cardboy

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Three points should be well within our targets for Monday on current form. Lets hope the SJP crowd is rocking the place as we all know it can. HWTL

• Graeme

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Great game yesterday, the best team, by a large margin, won it with two superb strikes. The first was a fantastic finish from a brilliant through ball.

The 2nd was an amazing finish; Pappiss was off balance, on one leg, falling over and STILL managed to put it in the far corner – truely awesome finishing ability, Very much reminds me of Andy Cole.

• G

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I said at the beginning of this season, that top 8 was our target, and for the most part, most people on here agreed with me (Those with a sense of realism anyway). Just like to say how delighted I am with the teams current position. If we finish top 5 or 6, that is incredible progress from where we were at 2 years ago. I have had to eat my words on the performances of both players and managers abilities, and I am happy to continue to do so. If we do snatch a place for any European competition, we are going to need to put some more bodies in the squad, and it sounds like that is G. Carr’s primary task if rumours are to be believed. Anyway, it’s a great time to be a toon fan.

• SpaceGhost

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM

we had a clear plan & we executed it well yesterday. it wasn’t easy viewing watching Swansea play their slick passing. credit to them for never stop trying to breach our defense. and this was without Captain Colo & Tiote!

I love this well drilled, organized & stubborn Newcastle team. Wonderful away performance. Just wonderful. Reminds me of the great Italian teams of the past with their no-nonsense defending.

• MacToon

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Cisse’s second goal was pure class in my books. A goal machine playing for Newcastle 🙂 howay, catch up Ba lol

1st half yesterday was one of the worst half of football I’ve seen this season and all down to Swansea’a negative passing game. They lost 1-0 playing it too.
    2nd half and they changed their plan, passed in a slightly more attacking style and still lost the half 1-0 😉

I liken that game to a boxer’s training, the sparring partner danced around and looked pretty but the pro threw a couple of good punches that landed and hurt.

• Klatoon

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Ok then, lemme support this team playing Tottenham. Im calling it Athletic Bilbao reserves

🙂

• Dannyo

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Yesterday was a Papisse of Cake.

• toonking

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM

watching football focus has shown more than anything that getting into any european league is a must if we want to get a better profile if it was manure chelsea or liverpool who won yesterday the first thing they would talk about is that game but because it is newcastle who played they don’t think that way and will call this season a lucky season.
    so i hope and prey we reach europe because it is so frustrating that we are not getting the praise we deserve

• Dannyo

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

@MacToon
    I think Pardew was right in his assessment tho. We didn’t work hard enough yesterday. But at the same time, that can be dangerous. Cause if u work so hard against Swans, they can tire u with the passing game aswell as open up rooms if u’ve got 3 players going for one ball.
    Imo, Pardew got it spot on yesterday, cause he knew we wouldn’t be as good as them passing it.
    But there’s a balance, and that showed a bit more in the 2nd half.

Scary game plan tho, but terrific to have the confidence to see it through.

• Oleg G

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

How am I suppose to want Spurs to loose if I cannot think about saying “go Sunderland” I feel sick.

When they got the ball, I want them to loose it, to get an injury, I cannot control this. I want spurs to loose, but they are playing against the unwashed.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Strange and totally wrong that our season could hinge on the Liverpool v Everton FA Cup semi-final.

Hopefully a Chelsea v Liverpool final, as we play Chelsea three days before.
    It would also be good if Manure won the title before we play Citeh.

• Wor Shearer

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

@toonking

The North East is constantly overlooked (not just in football).

Newcastle are easily the biggest club in the region so are probably the highest profile team to be ignored. We’ll always be the underdog….until we win something! 😉

• Oleg G

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Dannyo // Apr 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM

haha… nice one mate!!!

• Spuggy

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Surely the toon game will be on MOTD tha neet??!

• Wor Shearer

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I see the scum game as a win-win. Happy with any result really!

• oldbobaycliffe

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

nufc were without our 2 first choice defenders yet they never played their main strikers until the 67th minute because they were beaten in the previos 2 games i think swansea were set up for a draw even though they were at home,as nufc are a selling club what will happen if someine comes in for cisse not to much was made of selling carroll because of the money was way over the top but selling cisse would be different

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM

@oldbobaycliffe

Why are we a selling club?
    If some one bids crazy money well above the actual valuation of a player we might sell. There’s no evidence we sell players for just a few million profit.

• alkinou

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

As anyone, I’m a bit torn about this Sunderland – Tottenham match. My basic instincts want the mackems to lose, but then I’d like it for us to close down on the top four. But I’d rather go past Arsenal than Tottenham (quiet like this tottenham team) but I’d be happy in any case. On another hand Arsenal are playing City, I want them to lose points but it’d be nice if the title race is over when we play City …
    This is too much my head’s gonna explode!

• toonking

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

@worshearer

in terms of being overlooked i think it is only england which seems to ignore us. but the most annoying thing about this is they only ignore us when things are going positive every time negative things are happening in the north east we are on the front and back pages.
    i think if we did not have shearer on MOTD and jeff wasn’t on soccer saturday thing would be even worst.

• Wor Shearer

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

@oldbobaycliffe

I think everyone is agreed that £35m for Carroll was too much. So I wouldn’t compare player values to the Carroll sale, as it was a mistake.

It’s very unlikely we’ll be getting many +£30m offers for any of our players, even if we finish as high as possible.

[I’m not saying we’ll sell, I just don’t think we’ll get Carroll-like offers]

• Dannyo

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

The “selling club” image that has been portrayed of us is completely, and utterly untrue.
    We’ve sold Andy Carroll, we sold nuggets that wanted more money or went out for other reasons in the summer.
    We sold players due to us being relegated.
    None of these things indicates that we’re a selling club. It indicates that we’re a club which is not in Europe. Yet.

• Wor Shearer

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

@toonking

Shearer’s a legend but I don’t think his time on MOTD help’s us too much.

It’s lucky he’s such a nice guy because he could put the nation to sleep if it weren’t for Lineker and the Liverpool mafia.

• Dannyo

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Cattermole? More like Clattermole. My least favorite player in all of the PL. Followed by Barton.

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

@dannyo #7 do you not mean a papiss of papiss?

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I hate clattermole. Him and barton i agree. Never liked rooney he’s too petulant. Just starting to warm to bellamy bit he’s still a pillock

• toonking

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

why would people want to bring things like we are a selling club back onto this blog.
    at times like this i would hate to talk about negative things.
    oldbobaycliffe if you are a toon fan talk postively otherwise just admit it and go support you team as they are playing spurs right now
    we geodies want to talk positive right now

• HOVIS (the poster formerly known as cheick norris)

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Notice he has “bob’ in his name?

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

@toonking

If thats @oldbobaycliffe’s perception of the club then that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to express it.

The blog needs all opinions or it’s boring.
    Solano, Jail For Ashley, Stuart, Boater, geoff777, MacToon, Bills-son, Indian Magpie

All interesting diverse posters and they’ve all either stopped posting or post less which is a shame.

• Oleg G

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Yorke played for Sunderland?? Didn’t know that.

• super magpie

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

since everyones talking about which footballers they hate who are your top 5 most hated footballers. Mine are-

1)suarez
    2)van persie
    3)rattermole
    4)rooney
    5)kenwyne jones- i just generally dislike him

• super magpie

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I think he went there after he left Man u, Not 100% sure, but im pretty sure he was there when they got promoted in 2007.

• Pecorino ( will let you figure it out)

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM

super magpie

why kenwyne?

For me its

1. Ronaldo
    2. Gooney
    3. Van Persie
    4. Cattermole
    5. Skrtel

• toonking

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

@hatem 28
    people including myself will take negative opinions but there is friendly banter opinions people then there is total negative opinions people.
    let me ask you this would you be happy to see someone say perch is still rubbish after how he played against norwich?

• pardew no 1

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

ranger scores for sheifield wednesday

• toonking

2 capello
    3 daglish
    4 alex mclish so boring
    5 ferguson

• alkinou

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Ranger scores for Sheffield W, if we don’t keep him a few goals might rise his price …

• toonking

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM

nile ranger is our baletelli
    is very good and can score goals on the pitch but very poor off the pitch

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM

@toonking 33

They’d be deluded but still entitled to say that.

Someone said Ferguson was terrible yesterday.
    I thought he was pretty good considering he only gets a few minutes a week. So did most oof the other posters but the guy was entitled to comment and it was interesting.

• Tsunki

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Howdy gents, am I in time for the Athletic Bilbao B v Spuds game banter 🙂

Who is this oldBOBaycliffe then? On an unwashed matchday too. Hmm.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM

We should all hope Nile Ranger scores a lot and gets his act together. He might make the first team squad next season. Handy for when we lose players to the ACN again!

1 2 3 7