The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ameobi – The Sky’s The Limit For Newcastle

11:25 am, Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 178 Comments

Shola Ameobi looks in good form, and we’ve been hearing from the Newcastle manager Alan Pardew that the 30 year-old has been impressive in training.

Shola Ameobi – after scoring equalizer against Sunderland

And certainly Shola used all his vast experience on Monday when he came on for Demba Ba after 64 minutes and played very intelligently.

The way he set up Newcastle’s second goal was great to see, and Shola is a good man to have on the field near the end of a game Newcastle are winning.

That’s because he has the experience,  and doesn’t give the ball away too much,  and knows exactly what to do.

And when Newcastle are losing, as we were against Sunderland at home, he’s pretty good at that too, as he got the equalizer in injury time.

Shola played in Europe when Newcastle were in the Champions League when the great Sir Bobby Robson managed the club, so he knows what it’s all about.

And Alan Pardew keeps saying that Shola is a strong and experienced force in the Newcastle dressing room.

Shola has been interviewed today and this is what he told the local Newcastle press corps:

“There are a lot of very good teams above us who probably think they deserve the Champions League spot more than we do.” “It’s who can get out from these next five games on top.”

“It’s about who can manage their expectations, and go out and execute what they have to do.” “Like I said, we’ve got no pressure on ourselves. We want to play in Europe. That’s what we want – European football.”

“People talk about the Champions League, but let’s focus on the next game, and making sure we stay in a European spot.” “That’s as far as we want to look.”

“If we get more than that, great, but what want to do is secure European football.”  “We looked at the last 10 games, and set ourselves targets.”  “To win five games in a row is pretty fantastic.”

“We’re in this position – and we’ve been in it for a while now – and we want to stay there.”  “We want to keep that gap between ourselves and the rest.”  “We knew that we had a little stretch where we could do very well, especially at home.”

“We’re excited.”  “The last five games are a different proposition. The sky’s the limit for us – there’s no pressure at all.”  “I think you can see that when we go out on the pitch.”

Newcastle must hold some advantages over Chelsea and Tottenham in the run-in since Newcastle are the team in form having won their last five games.

Chelsea have the FA Cup semi-final coming up and the semifinals against Barcelona in the Champions league and their fixture list is becoming very packed.

And Tottenham can’t see to do too much right and they will need to turn things around quickly if they are to get more points than Newcastle in the run-in.

The other thing that’s on Newcastle’s side,  is that the players and Alan Pardew are hardly getting carried away with things, and they will take each of the last five games as they come, and do their very best to win every single one of them.

And if we can do that,  we’ll definitely be in the Champions League next season – 100% certain.

Why don’t we just do that – just to make sure. :D

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Europa League · European Champions League · European Competition · Newcastle News · Shola Ameobi

178 responses so far ↓

• 1 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

“Ameobi in the skkkkyyy with Demba’s” – Lucy in the sky with diamonds? Working atm – so no real thought or reflection has gone in to that – Sad disclaimer I know :)

• 2 Munster Mag // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I think Tiote’s fitness is vital to us from here to the end. His energy is key.

• 3 Toon_Tom // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Cabaye has also upped his game over the past few weeks too. His passing and vision is immense!

Nobody would have thought we would have won the last 5, so why cant we win the next 5 and finish 3rd and then we can all laugh at the cockneys ;)

• 4 MAGIC10 // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

HBA vs bolton alls highlights HD

• 5 Klatoon // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Actually look forward to Shola’s cameo’s these days, especially when we are leading. Wins every ball and relieves pressure with his deceptively laid back style. And the way he switches postions from CF, RW, LW, CM :-)

• 6 Toon_Tom // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Klatoon – I agree mate, he is like a better version of Berbatov!!!! ;)

• 7 Rodney Cisse // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Shola comes on and does a great job every time drawing fouls and setting up chances, something he doesn’t do when he starts.

• 8 catchy in norway // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

catchy in norway // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

tsunki

come on man, you could double the tallent obertan has and he still wonldnt be good enough, what he has, infact all he has is pace,

from day 1 you say the fact that fans could acctually see he wasnt good enough its there fault we didnt get a few more points, when those same fans were asking for HBA to play and pardew wouldnt for so many reasons,

obertan will never make it at any team in the prem, and i think he would even struggle in the championship,

sometimes the fans are right,

• 9 Klatoon // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:57 AM

The same way the ‘fans’ were right about Perch not so long ago ?

• 10 martoon // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Don’t let Indian & Brutoon catch you praising Shola – there will be nowt the matter…………
    Ibiza @1 – don’t give up the day job :)

• 11 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Catchy…That’s quite a statement there mate. Having an opinion on whether he will come good is one thing, to say he never will is a bit far fetched. Especially given the job Pardew is doing with under-performing players at the club

• 12 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Martoon…I have no plans to :)

• 13 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM

martoon – he he you’re dead right I am getting my scores mixed up – bad night last night and me old brain is addled!

The mackems in question were gloating about their performance, how they were going to do us in etc, I will have to review but I think we had an early scare or two. I do actually remember how angry I was we’d conceded crappily at the end actually but by that time they were gone so no damage really. Thinking about it, I think I’ve done this before – it was on a camping holiday in scotland where I watched the Germany v England game and it was germans ( and some rabid scots) gloating over their lead – see what the mind does? Must stay away from that stuff!

• 14 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Tsunki…Just read your post on the last thread regarding negative opinions back in December and you make some very good points – as per usual, except maybe when recalling scores / events from games whilst on holiday!

There were certain unknowns back then and there were some poor performances. We made a great start to the season and for me, that was enough to jump on the bandwagon, however, it is perfectly reasonable for others to need more time and to see some further improvement.

• 15 catchy in norway // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM

codarm

i dont think it is,

i have seen nothing from him to suggest he will be any good, he is now 23 and carnt even cross a ball, his control is very poor, he runs fast, but carnt run fast with the ball,

infact i bet, he is the fastest in our team without the ball, but with it he wouldnt get in the top 5 fastest
    he is pooooor

• 16 pbNcl // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I’ve always rated our shola, I’m pleased the hate squad have gone quiet.
    As for obertan, the lad’s just lacking confidence… We should have all learned our lesson from perch! He’ll come good I’m sure of it. If anybody can get the best out of him it’s our pardew!! Come on the toon!!!!

• 17 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Catchy….You are entitled to your view and to be completely honest, he hasn’t shown anyone too much to make them think differently. Perhaps my belief will be proven incorrect down the line, but I do have faith in Pardew to bring the best out of him – how good that will be? Time will tell

• 18 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Catchy…Can I amend something there?

He has shown some glimpses of talent. His run and goal against (Ermm…was it Blackburn) was pretty good. I agree with pbNcl that he is lacking confidence and will need good man management to turn it round. He may not be excellent, but imo, nor is he poooooor

• 19 RobertNufc25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Catchy still slagging off Obertan lol

Get over it mate.

• 20 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Robert….Well we’re a bit short on things to bitch about lately :)

Is anyone else unhappy with the width of the black stripes on our strip this season?

• 21 Indian Magpie // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

i am unhappy abt gosling not getting game time.

• 22 RobertNufc25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Bet ya Catchy has got picture off Obertan on his wall & he throws darts at it all day.

And a cardboard cut out that he punches on a regular basis… ;)

• 23 catchy in norway // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

and you are entitled to yours, :)

infact my only bug bear with pardew is that he persists with players that arnt good enough, when he could use players that have confidence and skill,

dont get me wrong perch hasnt been bad of late, but from what iv seen of abied, he is better now, and will improve faster if given a chance in the first team,

he wont take cabayes tiotes or even guthrie place, but his natural position is DFM , perch isnt,,

on another note, is there any news on marvauxe, there is nothing that i can see saying he is still injured, and in march it was said in april he will be back, he will be a good addition for the last few games

• 24 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM

emba on twitter :-

Dies any one have ever heard about cryo therapie?

no no no lad please tell me they’re not going down that route!

• 25 catchy in norway // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM

robert :)

its not slagging, its stating the truth, but please prove me wrong, show me something that will make me eat my words

• 26 RobertNufc25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Im not having that debate again.lol

If he was as poor as you say,he would be picking strawberrys in a field somewhere,not playing football. ;)

• 27 IrishToon009 // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM

looking at magic10s video, HBA must be so annoying to play against, I love when there is two on him…how will he get out of this one….dunno but he does

• 28 GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Indian

You’re always unhappy about something

• 29 IrishToon009 // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Actually forgot that, see when HBA passed it to Cisse, I think that’s the first chance that he didn’t actually score, only has a 99% chance to goal ratio now! :)

• 30 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Catchy…I get what you’re saying about Abeid…however, as you state, Perch has been very good lately. Pardew obviously see’s things we don’t on a daily basis and I’m positive he’s making his decisions based on that.

If we weren’t pushing for such a high league position and were instead comfortably mid-table, I’d imagine more youngsters would be given more chances as we’d have not a lot to play for. Us doing so well this year, has made it harder for some of the youngsters to get a good run.

On Marveaux…I heard he was due back around now. Not sure just in training or actually being available. Would love him to get some time before the season ends.

• 31 RobertNufc25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Wtf is cryo therapy lol??

• 32 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Ruddy…was starting to think you’d disappeared! How’s tricks?

• 33 RobertNufc25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I was told Marveaux was the Darren Anderton of the french league lol full sicknote apparently.

Shame like because he looks a very good player…

• 34 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Ahh good old sick note :) – Let’s hope it’s not the case

• 35 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Who was it doing that freezing the players b*llcks off thinking it would make them fitter or something? Big Sam? If Demba is asking – why? They’re not surely? Our African lads will be slapping in transfer requests like pizza shop menus.

• 36 GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Not too bad Ibiza! Was celebrating our fantastic win on Monday night and laid low recovering all of yesterday! ha ha

Was reading your comments in a previous thread about the blue skies, blue oceans, bikini-clad women…you’re lucky we’re doing as well as we are or you’d have a lynch mob looking for ya! :P

On the game on Monday, was starting to think that game was going to fizzle out into a 0-0 bore but for that little bit of magic from our “mercurial” Magicain :D

• 37 RobertNufc25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Was that when they were making them jump into Ice cold baths after training??

• 38 GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Magician that should be…still recovering I think! ha ha

• 39 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Just a note for all – don’t trust my recall on personal historical events at all. The other day I mixed up the events of my youngest lads first match. I’m strangely very good with wedding anniversaries though – am I ill? Do I need a check up from t’ neck up?

• 40 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Tsunki…If players aren’t happy to have their balls frozen for the good of the toon then we’re better off – Am I taking this “get behind the team” thing a bit too far?

• 41 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Tsunki…You need to get your priorities straight. Football then the misses!

Ruddy…Good on ya. Hope the head wasn’t too sore! As for the lynch mob, what’s new? :)

• 42 catchy in norway // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM

yeh no one can say anything about perches performances of late, he has been not bad at all,

what he has got is heart, and dosnt go hiding when he makes a mistake,

robert, yeh i heard he has a bit of a history of being injured, but from the little we did see of him, he was quality, out of his last 6 seasons , 3 of them he played over 30+ games haha kind of like dyer

• 43 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

On Marveuax…Didn’t he have an op which was “supposed” to rectify his ongoing problem? Hopefully will put an end to his injury record

• 44 catchy in norway // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:06 PM

he is my nufc hero :)

• 45 GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:06 PM

The benefit he got from the last injury is that we sent him to that Steadman Clinic, think that’s what it was called, and it is like globally reknowned for its approach to sports injuries so hopefully this will be the end to his injury nightmare, Marv is a cracking little player, don’t think any of us realise how good he could potentially be.

• 46 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I believe we got marveaux as a fixer-upper which made him cheap. I get the idea his treatment at our cost has been a tentative success in clearing up a long-standing problem. Hopefully when he’s back he will be the finished article!

Ibiza – I believe a man of your experience will have spotted the clues to my recall probs in the words ‘holiday’ and ‘bar’ lol ;)

• 47 Wor Shearer // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I thought Marv was supposed to back for these remaining fixtures?

I guess not.

• 48 RobertNufc25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Yea one of them french football writers told me that ages ago.

The Darren Anderton of the french league…

Thats not the kind of thing I like to hear. ;)

• 49 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I think he’ll be ruddy marveauxlous personally :)

Alright, i’m off for a bit. Catch y’ll later :)

• 50 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM

lads
    wondering about chamakh
    i figure he’ll leave arsenal in the summer
    reckon he’s worth a bid?

• 51 GHOSD (The poster formerly known as Ruddy Marveaux-lous) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Alright Ibiza mate have a good one :D

• 52 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Tsunki…any re-told story including those 2 words needs to be treated with caution. Not guaranteed reality, that is for sure :)

• 53 Crow59Cdo // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM

saw the douglas treble red vid on you tube hes a legend lol stumbled across this and it made me smile lol

• 54 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Out of toon – no. Just … No.

• 55 Dannyo // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM

@catchy
    Carver said in an NUFCtv interview that Abeid had gone a bit back during the season, but was coming to the fore again the last month.
    So more goes on behind the scenes than what we know.

• 56 Crow59Cdo // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM

• 57 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM

@52 :)

Righto off for shopping (sigh) and watch Battleship (Yay!) Later lads

• 58 Toon_Tom // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM

out of toon – Definitely not mate. Id rather have Chopra back ;)

• 59 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM

tsunki – yeah i know what yr sayin.
    i have the same problem with obertan tho

guess chamakh is a bit older (still i don’t know if wenger played him in right pos) and yeah, anyway just throwin it out there

great time for an extended break, toon looked tired against bolton

• 60 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:17 PM

i actually think shola shud play some part in stoke i mean huth and the other guy will be trying to get a get a grip our dembas then if shola comes on for some one then he can bully them….
    plus i wud like shano to start at stoke. they are not one of those teams that like to play against a pacey football team im sure you d all know

• 61 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Toon_Tom

hhahahah

really keen to know where alan dzagoev (CSKA) will end up in summer… yet to resign and he is another magician, comin to Newcastle will seem like a summer holiday compared to Russia :)

• 62 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM

re-sign even

• 63 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I’m trying my very hardest not to get over excited by this season but I am struggling not to over exagerate. The curse of every toon fan I bleieve is that in the rosey times we think we can win the leauge but in the dark times we think we will end up in the confrence.

I am trying to judgr things with my heart and not my head, but either my heart is overpowering my thoughts or for once my head and heart concur wit one another.

In all honesty I ask of you fellow toon fans, judging our current team with your heads and not your hearts, how many players are we off mounting a serious challenge on the title?

My head tells me that we could literally be 3 starters from having on of the best teams in the leauge. My head also thinks we could be 5-6 players from having tremedous depth due to the versaitillity of the squad.

Please someone tell me i’m not over exagerating this so I can smile and relax.

for e.g, if we were to sign the following players Douglas, Peiters, Amalfitano, Diame, Hoilett & Jay Rodriguez I think we could mount a challenge. Not only a challenge but one that would cost about 10-12 millon to mount.

Our team (if we retained the current squad) would look like this

GK- Krul, Forster, Elliot
    RB- Santon, Simpson, Taverneier
    CB- Colo, Saylor, Willo, Douglas, Streete
    LB- Pieters, Raylor, Fergie
    DM- Tiote, Diame, Abied,
    CM- Cabaye, Guthrie,
    AM- Amalfitano, Gosling, Vuvkic
    RW- Ober, Benny
    LW- Hoilett, Guti
    ST- Ba, Cisse, Ameobie, Best, Rodriguez

In that team we have players that can play in 2-3 positions if called upon. We could obviously allow a few of those to leave to add to our transfer budget but if we get Champions Leauge I don’t think there would be a need to let any leave.

Am I dreaming?

• 64 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Out of toon

The problem with Dezagoev is that his contract runs out in Janurary 2013 (at the end of the season in Russia) so we would have to wait until them to sign him, but my word would that be an immense signing. He is worth easily £20 million and if we could get him for minimal compensation then it would be the best deal yet!

• 65 UpTheRoad // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Hey everyone can you watch my toon vid and give me some feedback? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FS3C8WMTzk&feature=youtu.be

• 66 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM

By the way if you are wondering why Perch has been omitted from my list of players for next season, it is because I am campaigning for him to made our new Director of Football at St James Park!

• 67 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Up the road

Immense video there mate, super stuff!!!

• 68 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Is it just me…

…or am i the only one blogging at the minute

• 69 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Why am I so alone?

• 70 PIBID (the poster formerly known as hattambenarfa) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

aye beattie im here! i think people have realised theyve gotta get work done like, blog gets me so behind its unreal, and im with you… NUFC for champions!!!

• 71 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Ha ha beattie I’m waiting at the post office for my missus right now scanning the quietness of the blog. I will have a look see when I am waiting outside Next … Er … Next lol

• 72 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I feel like Will Smith in ‘I AM Legend’

• 73 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

That’s because you ARE a legend Beattie ;)

• 74 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Beattie…Fear not, I am back.

Did you leave Marveaux out for any reason? Are you campaigning a special role for him too?

• 75 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I shouldve taken my dinner brake earlier

• 76 PIBID (the poster formerly known as hattambenarfa) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

anyone else get the feeling that when marv comes back hes gonna be a star, with 3 of 4 of him, ba cisse, and hba playing, lets us rotate and keep squad fitter :D

• 77 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

So it seems :)

• 78 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Never mind I am Legend its like Day after Tomorrow here hailstones big as peanuts what’s this weather about? Wish I’d stayed in. :(

• 79 Munster Mag // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Beattie, appreciate your optimism but dont think we are at that level, even with three players. Just hope we can get euro football this season – it will really hurt the players and staff if we dont, as its richly deserved. For those who slagged off Pardew so often and so loudly, hope ye are big enough to admit ye were wrong.

• 80 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Codarm

Marveaux was left out on purpose to see if anybosy could spot the deliberate mistake. Congratulations you’ve just won a sports direct mug.

Tsunki

Thanks. Ive been called a lot of things but never a legend

• 81 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Beattie…To answer you’re earlier question regarding the heart and brains feelings towards a PL title…

…Both are starting to feel that it is possible. Doubt it will be next season, even with new additions – I mean can we be as lucky again with new signings adapting so quickly?

We’ll certainly be in with a shout though. If we had had cover when we lost Saylor earlier in the season, who is to say we wouldn’t have continued our amazing start? We’re not really that far off the top, if certain games had gone differently we could have been close this year. However, that mentality is useless really, all teams have those games, you know those “what if’s”.

In conclusion, you’re not insane to be as excited as you are…it’s all part of being a Newcastle fan – I just hope we can change the whole not winning a trophy being a part of the Newcastle culture :)

• 82 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Beattie…an actual sports direct mug? A few months ago, I would of thought you meant mike ashley :)

• 83 martoon // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Tsunki – are you sure it is the post office and you’ve not mistaken it for the butcher’s :)

• 84 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I saw people mention Jack Rodwell recently. Just read he’s had another injury set back – could this be code for he’s toon bound?

• 85 GeordieGesus // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM

• 86 Klatoon // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Demba’s just been frozen :-)

• 87 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM

@ Munster, I know its optimistic and it is highly unlikely we will buy these players but take a moment to consider this 4-3-3 next year and tell me which teams in the leauge have a better starting 11.

—————————Krul—————————–

Perchinho
    Marveaux
    Guthrie
    Guti
    Ba
    Jay Rodriguez

Not many teams could match that player for player. Add to that our team ethic and it is close to a title challenge?!

• 88 PIBID (the poster formerly known as hattambenarfa) // Apr 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM

what nationality is diame? hoiletts canadian right?

• 89 Toon_Tom // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Beattie – i agree with you mentality and optimism but i dont think we can win the title in the next couple of years.

I think we should really push for the FA Cup next season!

• 90 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Go on Beetle – You fight the optimistic battle!

• 91 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Toon_tom – Aren’t we winning the CL next season? Think the FA cup too might be a bit greedy

• 92 magpie6699 // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Am I the only one finding the wait to see if we can confirm 6th or higher, then Europe hopefully, agonising? Am I just a sad git or a devoted Toon fan? (Answers to me on a £5 note, please)

• 93 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Magpie…will a Euro note be ok?

Devoted toon fan all the way – One good thing about the toon performing badly is that I was able to concentrate on work etc easier. Too much distraction all of this excitement

• 94 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Diame is Senegalese!

If we are aiming to progress year on year and this team is kept together then I cannot see why this squad cannot go even further than this year.

Some players have taken a while to get to grips with the PL and next year, with more experience and understanding who knows how good we’ll be.

It is generally the toon fans that applaud our club and see the potential but recently the press is even jumping on our band wagon and that happens once every decade. The great teams grind out results, bounce back from bad performances and win even in the midst of an injury crisis. This year we have been agreat team.

ARRGGGHHH I’m getting to far ahead of myself, deep breath and relax…

• 95 Beattie25 // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Diame btw:

• 96 2_goal_tino // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Watching UpTheRoad’s video reminded me of a few things : 1. I still love Emre 2. Wish we played with white shorts more often 3. Europa can still be fun (bellamy) 4. Shearer… absolute legend.

More than that it made me think how proud I am of our current team. They play with pride, passion and as a collective as oppose to the halfhearted individuals of our relegation season and before. This is something which has been built on for the past three seasons and is ultimately Hughton’s legacy to us which is something I will be forever thankful for. While there have been many changes, this team is still built upon the experiences of our season in the Championship. I was worried that this may be lost with the departure of Chris and many of the core players from that season but it is testament to Pardew that he has continued that on.

A lot has been made of the value of our signings but more than anything I think great credit has to go to the club for only buying players not just on ability but the right personality. One of the most interesting things I’ve heard this season is just how close we got to getting Gervinho. It was down to final negotiations with the player. We then called it off because Pardew said he didn’t like his attitude because he was using his phone while talking to our staff and came scruffly dressed- ultimately Pards thought it amounted to a lack of respect for our club. How good has he been for Arsenal?

Finally, I’d forgotten how many good goals we’d scored this season. Obviously Hatem’s two runs, Raylor vs Everton, the two Man U goals, Jonas’ two Wolves goals, Sammy vs Scunny, Cabaye against Blackburn, Cisse vs Villa and Swansea. All very good goals!!

God, I love the toon!

• 97 Tsunki // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Martoon – I never drink and drive and no it really was hailstoning :) all marbles present and correct.

Now if you were to say the Toon were in for a CL place …errr…. Where’s me tablets, nurse????

• 98 check the toastie // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Beattie- think you need to curb expectations a bit, only a month a go you were saying we were the luckiest team in the league and have pretty much played sh1t most of the year, now we are title contenders, you have certainly changed your tune, i go for somewhere in between, we are a decent side but think we have over achieved in this years position, top six next year will again be a great achievement.

Personally just pleased i can now go to games and watch the team be so intent on trying to play the ‘right’ way, Marvel at some of the great individuals we now have at our club, as long as the boys attitude stays the same and we keep our existing squad, top 8 and above for the following couple of years will be gud enough for me, hopefully we will win some silverware that is the holy grail. Aim higher but keep it real eh.

• 99 Sazzer // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Beattie25
    You forgot Marveux too. If we can rid of people currently not playing anything. Keep those that play, and add few people. And be free from longterm injuries, then we can challenge. However, it also depends on which players the other teams will acquire with their bigger budgets.

• 100 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Check – Nice balanced post. Don’t get on Beattie though, he’s been through a lot of turmoil these past few months, but has risen a positive person – and long may it last :)

• 101 magpie6699 // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:33 PM

CODARM – Exactly!
    Have you ever read “Fever Pitch” or seen the film? It’s about a football supporter – a Gooner – that season Arsenal had to beat Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield in the last game to win the League. He’s OK till Arsenal score a goal – then he can’t stand it. The line is ” The despair I can cope with, it’s the hope I can’t bear!”

• 102 2_goal_tino // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Next year my aim is 6-8th and a concerted effort for the FA cup. We have a fantastic side now but lack depth and consistency. Having said that a few astute signings make a very big difference and I think we can go for fifth. Even comparing our team now with that at the start of the season there is a massive improvement. In September we were starting with Best and Obertan now we have Cisse and Ben Arfa (back to fitness and in form).

We should stick with 4-3-3 get another CM to go with Tio and Cabs, a LB, and a CB. They are the essentials and then a LW would be good.

• 103 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Magpie…I haven’t. Good read / watch?

It’s always the way – only after something is over can you view it rationally. Mind you, we seem to struggle to view things rationally whether they’re future, past or present :)

• 104 magpie6699 // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM

CODARM – good film. Colin Firth is the fan. Not sure I remember much detail but I do think he calls them “stupid” for going and scoring a goal!

• 105 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Might have to check it out then – Can’t be as good as goal though :)

• 106 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Did anyone seen carrolls goal last night?
    First in 4 months

• 107 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Hope Demba ba scores soon

• 108 Trent Toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I believe to be guaranteed champions league we will have to get win 4/5 and draw one. We must take points from every single one of our games. We may scrap through with 3 wins from 5 and 2 draws or a draw and a loss. But any less points than that and we won’t quite get there! Our most important game is the one against chelsea!

Newcastle Fixtures

Current Points 59

Stoke (H)(Win 2-1)

Wigan (A)(Win 1-0)

Chelsea (A)(draw 1-1)

Man City (H)(Lose 0-2)

Everton (A)(draw 2-2)

Prediction 6th (67 points)

Tottenham Fixtures

Current Points 59

QPR (Away)
    - Could be a tough battle for tottenham as QPR aren’t looking too bad at the moment. But i think spurs will get back on track. 3-1 Spurs

Blackburn (Home)
    - I think a fairly easy win at white hart lane. Blackburn just won’t have the quality to stop them. 2-0 Spurs

Bolton (Away)
    - A tricky challenge for Tottenham, i think this is the game that they could (could being the word) drop points. Spurs draw 1-1

Aston Villa (Away)
    - Aston Villa have been poor this season but still can cause trouble to opponents. This one is in birmingham so i can give a goal to aston villa but still think spurs will take a victory. Spurs 2-1

Fulham (Home)
    - Fulham can also trouble to spurs. However i still think spurs will grind out a result. Spurs 1-0

Prediction 4th (72 points)

Arsenal Fixtures (assuming they win tonight)

Current 64 points (assuming victory a wolves)

Wigan (Home)
    - Will beat wigan well. I think wigan might go down this year. Gunners 3-0

Chelsea (Home)
    - Tough to call. Don’t know who to go for as far as toon is concerned. Draw probably likely 1-1

Stoke (Away)
    - Tough bought game for gunners. Im sure the fancy boys won’t like the grunt. Best chance for a loss for gunners , but would have a draw instead 1-1

Norwich (Home)
    - Norwich are in okay form atm but not sure how they will fare. Gunners 3-1

West Brom (Away)
    - West from won’t have too much to play for at this part of the season. Lost points for arsenal is possible but not probable. Gunners 2-0

Prediction – 3rd spot (72 points) — on goal difference

Chelsea Fixtures

Current 57 points

Arsenal (away)
    - as said before. Draw 1-1

QPR (home)
    - Tough for QPR to get a result being away from home. 2-0 chelsea

Newcastle (home)
    - as said before. Draw 1-1

Liverpool (away)
    - Tough game for Chelsea especially if liverpool him some form after the everton win in FA up (if they win) but still have chelsea favourites on this one 3-1

Blackburn (Home)
    - I believe blackburn may be relegated by this stage so I think Chelsea will easily win 4-1

Prediction 5th (68 points)

These are very conservative score lines and do not really show the possibility of an upset. Let hope a few can happen!

by looking at this i think it is safe to say that Newcastle in fact will be relying on other teams to get to champions league. However europa league is a definite possibility.

If Everton win the FA cup match against liverpool then off course newcastle will miss out if they finished 6th (as shown) – this would be very upsetting!

However i think liverpool will win the FA cup semi!

• 109 martoon // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:49 PM

So Ibiza – apart from sit in the sun and look at girls in bikinis (and post on the blog of course) what is it you actually do in Ibiza?

• 110 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Trent – Well thought out predictions. We’re almost guaranteed to have a few upsets along the way – however, they could be upsets for us.

Here’s hoping you’re wrong :)

• 111 check the toastie // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Cod – i believe i have pretty much agreed with most beatties analysis on games this year and had his same concerns right up until pardew started playing Ben Arfa Regular (Arsenal) the boy couldnt be ignored after the 2nd half vs Mackems. Since Benny has played our team has took off, it has been debated many times about pardews handling of him, and personally think he should have been a regular way before he was.

Think that was what myself and Beattie were worried about, the intent to play decent football and not rely on percentages and gud luck, i wouldnt dream of giving beattie a hard time as i was in total agreement with how he had seen the season, however the last month or so i have seen a change in the way we are heading, i may have seen the light, a little late, but i am not easily impressed but boy is the team ad management impressing me now.

We need to curb expectation and let the results and team just flow with unwavering support.

• 112 shay Robson // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM

2goal how did you hear about gervinho really man do tell

• 113 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Martoon – That about sums it up :)

In all seriousness, I run a rental management company here. So basically, advertise, rent, oversee works and deal with clients and crews. I also dabble in site management, which is what I did back in the UK

It’s a small company, but deals with relatively high end villas. So cannot complain.

• 114 Special K // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Everyone has their own reasons for why this season is so special, the clear out, the pre-season expectations, the football we’ve played, the signings etc.

I have two which really mean I can’t keep the smile off my face on matchday or when I look at the table.

1). Two years ago we were watching West Brom, Nottingham Forest and Cardiff’s results to see if we would make a return to the Prem, now we’re looking at Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea’s games hoping they’ll drop points.

2) Two years ago, while we were slugging it out in the Championship, Chelsea were well on their way to completing the Double under Carlo Ancelotti. Now with 5 games left we sit two points ahead of them.

Unbelievable

• 115 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Check – I was only having a bit of fun at Beattie’s change of stance.

You both had / have points to how you felt about the season at various times.

I completely agree we need to not get carried away with shouts for winning the league next season. Another one like this would be just fine. Slow steady progress etc :)

• 116 martoon // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Ibiza – So you get to mix with the rich – ever get any footballers?

• 117 Klatoon // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Promotion to Champs League in 2 seasons ? Has it been done before ?

• 118 benarfa23 // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM

2_goal_tino post 96
    how do you know that pardew call it off, you have the source?
    i think it pretty obvious that gervinho favor arse rather than us at the moment

• 119 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Martoon – Well one doesn’t mix with the commoners! :)

Not had any footballers stay at the houses – did have a stoke player looking and Ben Foster – Told them both to poke it ;)

Apart from them, saw Jonathan Woodgate when he played for Newcastle making a complete fool of himself at Bora Bora (Beach bar / club). He was well past it and decided to stand on a table, smash a pint glass on his head whilst shouting who he was and that he played for Newcaslte – Great publicity!

Also saw stevie g at a beach club last year – sat reading the Sun.

• 120 Vask // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Klatoon, didn’t we finish 3rd when we first arrived in the premiership? Dunno if we got champs league though, we were definitely in a european cometition though, Royal Antwerp and that.

• 121 martoon // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Ibiza – that doesn’t surprise me about Woodgate – good player but nearly as big a plonker as Dyer. Hopefully them kind of players are long gone. In fact I read an article once linking alcohol to injuries like muscle strains etc. Which certainly fits in their two cases.

• 122 check the toastie // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM

yep boys for sure Woodgate was a tool, had a condition thats now known as ‘Ranger’ syndrome, wanted to knock about with plastic gangsters, thinking the only way to make it in life is if someone might be scared of your contacts or even better you. Utter Asholes.

• 123 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Martoon – Sounds about right. I really rate(d) Woodgate. But the guy if a fool and has no place at a club with a mentality such as ours – at last!

• 124 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Check – Not the scary “contacts”?

That for me is the main reason ranger needs to go. With the new set-up it doesn’t matter how good a player you are, personal bullsh*t has no place in the team. I for one support that to the end

• 125 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM

So tonights game of interest would be Wolves vs Arsenal then. The other games have little impact on us. Can’t see Wolves getting anything tonight and fully expect Arsenal to give them a serious beating

• 126 PIBID (the poster formerly known as hattambenarfa) // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM

no pardew and gervinho were in contract talks, gervinho got out his phone and started texting, pardew called it off, said he didnt show passion, was being rude etc. this is why i admire ben arfa, arrogant yes, volatile, yes, but he seems respectful, and not money driven

• 127 toonking // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

well i only can use ps3 atm so won’t blog much but what i will say today is i am starting to believe newcastle stand much better chance of top4 than spurs and chelsea and that’s because our players and manager know this is a bonus so won’t feel the pressure during each game in the same way the other two will

• 128 PIBID (the poster formerly known as hattambenarfa) // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM

i think from pardews signings/ attempted signings, it is evident that from the start pardew has been wanting to play a fluid 433, now he has the players to do so and we are reaping the rewards :D

• 129 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM

PIBID
    im glad pards done that….. hes the manager and he takes no sh1te from anyone….
    glad we never signed him then good player well he’s ok but misses so much sitters…..

• 130 2_goal_tino // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM

@shayRobson & benarfa23
    I have a very close friend at the club who told me in September that thats why we didn’t take it any further with Gervinho. He only has a very minor admin role so doesn’t know about transfer speculation at all but just told me that is what he’d heard from other people around the club in the month after his move to Arsenal. I didn’t really give it a second thought or take it as credible but a similar thing was reported before our match at the Emirates.
    And the insider isn’t my friend before you ask.

• 131 Toon_Tom // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM

texting king Vs twitter twirp :D

Classic

• 132 2_goal_tino // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Continued from 130 it won’t let me post it all together for some reason- there was also a press conference from Pardew back in December about January transfers where he said it wasn’t all about the ability but any transfers had to have the right personality to fit in. He said that they’d met players in the summer but decided it wasn’t right for the club or player so moved on to another target. I can’t find the exact press conference but something similar was said here

• 133 2_goal_tino // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Continued from 130 it won’t let me post it all together for some reason- there was also a press conference from Pardew back in December about January transfers where he said it wasn’t all about the ability but any transfers had to have the right personality to fit in. He said that they’d met players in the summer but decided it wasn’t right for the club or player so moved on to another target. I can’t find the exact press conference but this is a quote from SkySports which I can’t link to for some reason “We’ve got a good group of players and I’d like to bring in a player. But you want to bring in a player that fits into the group, because you don’t want to spoil what we have here.”

• 134 JTOONJ // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Maybe obertan can learn a few tricks of HBA

• 135 2_goal_tino // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

The link to where I got the quotation.

Will this post? If so, I’ve finally managed to get everything from what was a 5 minute one post response put up. It’s only taken 25 minutes and 3 seperate posts

• 136 geordiejamie89 // Apr 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Hopefully, having such a big gap, Tiote will be fully fit, and perhaps any other players could try to get back into the squad. Isn’t Leon best hoping to get back before the end of the season? The more players that are fit and fighting for a spot in the team the better. I think Shola derserves good credit. He spends a lot of time being second favourite in the team. It must to be hard watching Demba Ba put out performances that aren’t great, yet he still starts every game because nobody dare upset him. Yet when Shola’s had the chance he’s made an impact. Hopefully Demba will score against Stoke, and sign a new contract instead of leaving us fans in the lurch wondering whether he’ll leave or not.

• 137 PIBID (the poster formerly known as hattambenarfa) // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM

apparently obertan is more skillful than ben arfa one of the players said, in terms of his actual repitoire of tricks

• 138 benarfa23 // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM

@2_goal_tino
    i guess everything work out the best for us, he is no messi nor ronaldo
    on obertan i think he is similar with walcott he definitely still can improve, just know how to use his strenght and must work on his technic and pardew definitely know what to do with him.

• 139 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Codarm @125

Also reckon the man city game has a bit of importance – i’d rather be playing them in a few weeks with the title firmly in man utd greedy paws (almost hurts to say it) and citeh with nothing to play for (cept maybe to market Ballotelli to prospective clubs – likely AC…). Hoping fr two upsets pls. Hell if citeh fully crash we could be in for second…. ;)

• 140 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

can’t wait for 21st btw
    if its anything like last weekend, and all the results fall nicely into place for the toon, we could be riding the crest of very high and beautiful black and white wave

• 141 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM

UP THE PREMIER LEAGUE WE GO

i watch the telly here in OZ and hear you lads singing week in week out and i’m thinking if we make europe next year i’m coming over for a mad holiday :)

• 142 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

i gotta stop posting – anyone else wondering how the f k liverfool are gonna beat everton with number 1 and 2 keepers out???????

• 143 geordiejamie89 // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Liverpool better hope they don’t get their keeper sent off in the next match. It shouldn’t be hard to do, but Liverpool go about everything the hard way. If that keeper gets sent off they only have teenagers left to stand in I think. I hate hoping Liverpool pull one out the bag and win, but it would be nice to know we have European football, so hopefully Liverpool will win then go out in the final. And hopefully we’ll finish fourth and play Barcelona next season!!

• 144 2_goal_tino // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM

@142- Only hope is that with Pienaar cup tied they will lack all creativity to even create a shooting chance.

• 145 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM

i don’t mind everton, and i reckon that they have a big chance on the weekend, esp considering its a massive derby match.

I know i’ll be happy if carroll bangs in a few tho
    and liverfool scrape through

• 146 check the toastie // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Hope Scumpool get butchered at weekend, and hope it is a really dodgy refereeing decision so dalgleish really has something to complain about, miserable sh1t.

If we make europe it should be through our hard work, not by a favour thrown to us by the bindippers, couldnt stand to see them enjoy a FA cup final, with a potential proper trophy on the cabinet this year, dont want to think about enrique and carroll doing the jig around wembley lifting the cup, hope they get smashed.

Come on the Blues.

• 147 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

check – i know you’re right… with all the points you make.

But it would be a heartbreaker to see all those twats playing in europe and the toon trenched in english only competitions even if we’ve smashed them in the league…

I think they might be in for an absolute smashing tho – pepe reina is worth about a goal a game

but i gotta hope they pip the blues – i just want to see the toon in europe
    and btw this season has been about nothing but hard graft… we’ve pulled off some amazing results against the best teams in the comp and have worked tirelessly in all facets of the club to shrug off all the pre-season taunts and predictions thrown at us by all sectors of the media and manys fans etc. so perhaps a bit of luck to get us a definite europe spot wouldn’t go astray

• 148 PIBID (the poster formerly known as hattambenarfa) // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM

ive got an excel spreradsheet to show yous how can i do it?

• 149 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM

i’m torn is what i’m trying to say

• 150 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM

imagine if obertan lives up to his potential as he was dubbed the new ronaldo in france

imagine him with HBA

WOW I wish i cud see that……..
    in all seriousness i think we shud sell lovenkrands to birmingham and loan obertan to them and we sud aquire nathan redmond on 17years and starts in the champion ship for hughtons blues..

great prospect

• 151 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM

hope Demba Ba and Demba Cisse can make us get a 3rd place finish or even higher

• 152 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM

With the help of rock solid Tiote and playmaker Cabaye

• 153 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Carroll99
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• 154 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

What NUFC 786? u fake NUFC Supporter

• 155 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM

ha

• 156 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Carroll99
    hark who’s talking with the judas name

• 157 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Carroll did do alot for u

• 158 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Carroll99
    u are a scouse here mate i can tell ur sarcasm is what ur putting on this blog

• 159 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM

(us not u)

• 160 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Carroll99
    u know there is an lfc blog somewhere go on there…..

im being polite

• 161 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Iam a die hard NUFC fan

• 162 geordiejamie89 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Scouse on the NUFC blog. Shows how well Liverpool are doing, their fans are trying to sneak on here and following Newcastle instead, because they’re the better team.

• 163 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Wat
    Im from portugal i support Newcastle United FC

• 164 geordiejamie89 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Fair doos but Caroll99 wouldn’t be most NUFC fans’ name of choice? Cisse99 maybe. The only good thing about Caroll is the fact that he’s playing for Liverpool, helping their miserable form.

• 165 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Carroll99
    u admitted to being scouse with ur former comments do not deny

• 166 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM

wat did i say

• 167 PIBID (the poster formerly known as hattambenarfa) // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM

ooh tensionnn

• 168 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:23 PM

PIBID
    i know its killing us init?

• 169 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM

u are a scouse here mate i can tell ur sarcasm is what ur putting on this blog
    159 Carroll99 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM

(us not u)
    Carroll did do alot for u

• 170 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM

um anyone want to test this carroll 99??????

• 171 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM

off with his head!

alan dzagoev
    i think he’s a real steal – out of contract this year

heaps of his highlights around
    i’d hate to see him go to chelski or manu

any ruski’s in the toon squad???

• 172 PIBID (the poster formerly known as hattambenarfa) // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM

in defence of judas99, i think he was correcting himself, saying that carroll did a lot for us, in an attempt to fit in, bless him. since when was nufc a hostel for the trudging battered housewives of kenny dalglish’s liverpool reign?

• 173 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM

half past midnight here in west oz
    gudnight and howay the lads

im dreaming of west brom and wolves triumphs tonite

oh and just saw this:

• 174 nufc786 // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM

PIBID
    well we geordies are considered warm and welcoming….. to alot of people

but to the scouse well maybe except everton i dont think its included

• 175 out of toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM

pretty despo :)

• 176 2_goal_tino // Apr 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Test for Carroll99
    - who did Carroll equalise against in Shearer’s second game in charge?
    - What was nufc song for Andy Carroll?
    - Team Carroll or Team Taylor?
    - What was better his shaved head, short hair, corn rolls or pony tail?
    - Who is a bigger thug Carroll or Ranger?

• 177 Trent Toon // Apr 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

@ CODARM

Yeah, just hope the lads can not lose the games we should win! and cause a few along the way!

Gawd i am wishing for CL

• 178 Sav // Apr 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM

I don’t quite get the logic of Shola’s ‘We really want the CL and the fans and the team are getting excited, so no pressure’ ?? I’m summarising but basically, that’s the gist of it.
    Maybe a bit of mild downplaying of our chances is in order, so we don’t lose the run of worselves. So I’ll point out that we still have far and away the toughest run-in of Chelsea and Spurs in Prem fixtures.

previous post: Alan Pardew Asks Newcastle Fans To Be Patient