Here’s Wishing And Hoping For A Liverpool Win On Saturday

If Liverpool beat local rivals Everton in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday at Wembley then Newcastle will at least be in the Europa League next season.

Jonas Gutierrez – I still speak with Jose

That’s what could happen on Saturday, but when you look at the way Liverpool have been playing recently – hopeless –  we would have to say Everton are the favorites to win that game.

The latest prices from bet365 for the Liverpool v Everton semi-final game are:

Liverpool 6/4
Everton 15/8
Draw 9/4

And since whoever Everton will meet in the final if they get through – Chelsea or Tottenham – will probably qualify for the Champions League – Everton could get the 3rd place spot in the Europa League next season, maybe even at the expense of Newcastle.

But if Newcastle can finish in 5th place,  we’ll automatically get a Europa League position, and 4th place gets us a Champions League position, and both are very possible the way things stand right now.

Jonas Gutierrez, who we suppose is now the Newcastle official vice captain,  had this to say to the local press today about Liverpool’s Jose Enrique:

“It’s hard, but I speak with him. I said ‘you have to focus on the semi-final’.   “That can help us. If I was a Liverpool player, I would think the semi-final is more important than the league.”

“I spoke with Jose before and after the game. He’s a nice guy. They’re not having a good season, but they have good players.”  “They have the semi-final of the FA Cup.”

“They have to think about that, and be ready for the next season. There’s nothing they can do this season in the league.”  “There are a lot of teams taking good results.”

“All the season can change, and they could be brilliant next season. Pre-season is really important for all the teams.”

We’re not too bothered who makes the final between Chelsea and Tottenham, and we’ll be watching the game on Sunday,  but a draw would be a great result for Newcastle, because it would further add to Chelsea’s crowded schedule through the end of the season.

We’ll definitely be watching the FA Cup final on Saturday with bated breath,  and maybe the three former Newcastle players at Liverpool, Andy Carroll, Jose Enrique and Craig Bellamy can help us out – by playing well and helping Liverpool get the win, but of the three only Jose will probably start the game.

Here’s hoping for a Liverpool win. 😀

• Tsunki

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hmm just like King Kop Kenny himself, its a big assk.

• tarie4

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

repost

Beattie25
    he is on 75k mate, signed a new contract this year/ or late last year nov/dec a 5 yr deal, read about it in the manchester evening news..a while ago. city fans dont rate him at all..and rightly so..his attitude stinks!!

• munch27

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM

LMAO The Bin Dippers have sacked Comolli.

• Tsunki

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Re johnson – its the problem with overrating players and overpaying them, plus an atmosphere of petulant stars. Lad is a good player but he’s being ruined by those things.

• davybtoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Lads jus on wages I’d say our wage cap is 70k a week I reckon we sign players on anything from 20k to 50k a week leaving room for us to offer new deals of our top wage of 70k

• Tsunki

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Btw ED – careful with the title you’ll have those nufc m ad fellows screeching for your ‘american’ head again lol 🙂

• Tsunki

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Davybtoon – yeah and if we did sign players like johnson (englishj/overpaid etc) you can bet he’d have to start at the lower end of the pay scale and play his way up to the wages ladder. Won’t happen and that’s why we shop at Carrefour!

• munch27

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Yeh ED lol (snigger) how dare an American support the Toon for shame.

• 2_goal_tino

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

IF we qualified for champs league, would you hold Colo to this or is his hair just too iconic? Not long ago this seemed a very empty promise… how times have changed

• Pardew's fist pump

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM

As long as they’re beaten in the final, I’m happy for ‘fool to go through.

Summer spend:

Douglas
    Pieters
    Martin (then we’d have the French Xavi/Iniesta 🙂 )
    Hoillet
    Farfan

Ker-ching!

That’d allow us to let the likes of Sammy go and have a full season on loan somewhere too, maybe to a newly promoted side or the likes of Wigan, if they stay up.

• davybtoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Anyone watch qpr last nyt I was impressed with diakite

• NUFC STEVE

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Anyone know why we aren’t playin stoke this weekend????

• Indian Magpie

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM

yes bcoz we were suppose to play chelsea this weekend

• davybtoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Bcoz stoke got the quarter finals of the fa cup there was a chance they cud of been the semi this week, n am glad we’ve got a 2 week break let the players rest they’ve looked tired last 2 matches

• ..Dom..

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM

is it because of our re-scheduled fixture with chelsea? It doesnt make sense but i cant think of any other reason…

• davybtoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Indian yea that’s right forgot we were ment to play Chelsea this week I think that’s worked great for us if am honest now playing stoke n Wigan b4 Chelsea got a real chance of goin 7 wins a row

• ..Dom..

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM

my thoughts exactly

• davybtoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Ha floppy chops at it again talking about he cud of signed hba n sessengon b4 they came to the north east give it a rest redknapp n stop goin on about every player you’ve missed out on lol

• Hemel Mag

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Sorry but I can’t bring myself to “cheer on” Liverpool. Its either my deep seated hatred that I have had for them since they were the fair weather fans club of choice in the 80’s. The fact that that dour B*****D Daglish that destroyed all that was good about the Keegan team he inherited, or the fact that the Judas that is Carrol and to a much lesser extent Enrique, will be able to justify their behaviour by saying “show us yer medals”.
    So No, not me I’ll be cheering on David moyes and Everton.
    And at the risk of beingjumped on I’m not sure I fancy europa anyway. I’d much rather have a real push for the Champions League next year (if we don’t get it this year that is) and have a proper go at the cups .
    Don’t get me wrong the UEFA cup in it’s old format was great and there was a sensible amount of games . But starting in June/July and playing every thursday and Sunday for weeks seems to catch up on the teams involved.

HWTL

• Beattie25

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I have seen a lot of posters mentioning Marvin Martin. Is this an actually transfer we have been linked with or, like my mentions of Diame, is it wishful thinking?

• seantoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM

There’s some bargains to me had to push for first team places if these big teams do get relegated this time i.e wolves Wigan
    Moses, Diame, Jarvis, I’d even put a cheeky bid in for Scott Dann if Blackburn went down he just needs a new start he’s decent. All these guys could do a fantastic job if we get European football. I agree with Martin from sochaux too he won’t be staying there for long

• mallyonthetoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM

A liverpool win on saturday will take the pressore off the players then then thay can just get on the pitch and play knowing that thay have achieved somthing special for the fans everybodys hard work from the fans to the backroom staff will hav paid off. We could even see mike ashley back in the croud with his toon shirt on lol

• oo aa demba ba

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

This Saturday will be one of the only times i’ll be hoping for a Liverpool win. In fact i’ll be jumping for joy if Liverpool do win (ideal scenario then getting hammered in the final by spurs/chelsea)

Yes i think we can mount a champions league push (although i think 3rd is beyond us now), but I’d be absolutely ecstatic with the Europa League, as should every other fan.

How many clubs in PL history have qualified for Europe in their second season back?? I can’t be arsed to do the research, but i’d bet that its not many.

With a few additions (and hopefully none of our best players ie Ba and Tiote getting sold) then I think we can hold our own in the Europa League as well as continue our progress in the League

• pardew no 1

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM

hope and pray we do a swap deal for best for heskey anyone consider that

• Beattie25

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I for one would like to thank Damien Comoli for his part in the success of Newcastle United.

Without him advising the American owners, Liverfool wouldnt have spent most of their budget on an unproven striker, a racist forward, a terrible midfield and a dodgy defence.

With his choice of player Liverfool are now acheiving the success they truthfully deserve and with the £35 million in our pockets, we can take up the position we have earnt.

Cheers Damien

• davybtoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Beattie you will b pleased to kno we actually have been linked with diame in the last 2 days

• Beattie25

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Love to have Heskey!!!

• Beattie25

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM

What???????

Where????????

Stiffy alert!!!!!

• sirtoongospel

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Is melted candle face for real? Someone should tell this fool to shut up. HBA couldn’t get in his team? The man has lost the plot. He will get a bit of reality when he is in the Europa League, and we are playing with the big boys.

• davybtoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM

We need a Liverpool win how amazing wud it b knowing that by 3pm on Saturday we will hav Europa league footie at the minimum next season n takes huge pressure off our lads in the race for 4th n I actually think havin Europa confirmed this weekend wud see us take 4 th place not to mention Europa will help us keep our top players n attract better players

• davybtoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Beattie it was on Tuesday the people said us n everton r in battle for diame I got the biggest smile on my face when I read that bcoz he wud b one of my top targets

• Pardew's fist pump

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Beattie

No link recently, but they’ve been numerous in the past. He’s gone public on saying he wants a move too, preferring England. Add to that Sochaux could be relegated, then he’ll fall into our price range.

We can’t miss out on the opportunity of pairing him with Cabaye! Diame would be a solid addition too. Think we may need a 2nd choice GK too, Elliot hasn’t convinced me he’s steady enough to step in for Krul.

—————Krul—————
    Santon-Saylor-Colo-Pieters
    —————Tiote
    ———Cabaye-Martin
    —Benny—————Hoillet—
    —————Cisse

—————NewGK—————
    Raylor–Douglas–Perch–Fergy
    —————Diame—————
    ———-Guthrie-Jonas
    —Farfan——————–Marv—
    —————Ba

Not strictly a 1st/2nd team, allows for plenty of rotation between them.

Could get plenty of youngsters out getting precious experience, with such depth.

My dream 12/13 squad! 😀

• Toon_Tom

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Heskey??????

+holds hand to head and shakes slowly+

• nightfa11

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM

i dont really care who reaches the FA final.. if liverpool, fine..we’re in europe..but if everton..our players just might be more motivated for the rest of the season..

• martoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM

pardew no 1 @22 Heskey? I am going to presume you are joking.
    Beattie – a couple of blogs back you mentioned the link between the toon and SD. I agree with you – I don’t understand why people are getting so hung up about using us a vehicle to promote SD. MA has given us an interest free loan of £140m and sorted out our finances. If that’s all he expects in return then I am prepared to put up with a few tacky signs around the ground.

• WWJBD

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Heskey for Best….someone taking the pee?

Martin was a top target of Carrs last year reportedly not sure why we wouldn’t be looking at him this year when his stock is considerably lower, Ryad as well.

Diame out of contract end of the season isn’t he? Alright player though not getting into Wigans starting 11 isn’t a great sign for me but I wouldn’t sign him anyway as he is african and he would be back up to Tiote so what’s the point really?

• Beattie25

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I literally had to have a cold shower then!

Marvin Martin, Diame, Tiote and Cabaye!

Leauge title? Yes please!

• Dannyo

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Harry Redknapp is a blockhead. When we were in around the table with them last time, he said some shit about Ba.
    Now he’s at our players again. Sue him MA, it’s called tapping up!! Clean out his pockets as well as u can.
    Candleface is getting on my nerves.
    I hope to God he never, ever gets nowhere near our club.
    I feel dirty just thinking about it.

• Klatoon

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Affelay will be made available by Barca, a cheeky loan/bid might do the trick and he’d jump at the chance to restart his career in the EPL especially if we are in Europe.

1 2 3 6