Is Demba Ba On His Way To Home-Town Club PSG?


Demba Ba was born in Sèvres, which is a community in the southwestern suburbs of Paris, France, about six miles from the center of Paris.

Demba Ba – on his way to PSG this summer?

Demba  Ba still has a £7M release clause in his contract and Newcastle have been trying to get him to sign a new deal at Newcastle.

But Demba Ba has every right to refuse to sign the deal and Newcastle would have to sell him in the summer for £7M, but apparently Ba himself would get around half of that and there would be little left for Newcastle.

And that would mount up to a huge mistake by the Newcastle club, since the lad is probably worth all of £20M now, so exactly why that clause was put into the contract will be a good question.

It’s about two weeks ago that Alan Pardew asked fans to try to persuade Demba Ba to sign his new deal.

But there are now rumors coming out of the club that Ba wants to move to his home town club Paris Saint Germaine.

We get told of rumors all the time but we’ve been sent a number of them over the last week or so about Ba, but of course we have no idea if they are true.

And the £3M or so he would get as part of the deal, and the huge wages rich Qatar-owned PSG could pay him,  may have already turned his head.

Qatar Sports Investments is now the sole owner of Paris Saint-Germain, and they  originally purchased 70% of  the club last May, but they have now become the sole owner after the American investment fund, Colony Capital,  sold its remaining 30% stake in the French club only recently.

The club’s new owner, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, has said that he is ready to invest €100M (about £83M) to strengthen the team in the summer, and it looks he could Demba  Ba on the cheap,  which is one reason Ba could get even bigger wages at PSG.

We hope this is all not true, but the longer we hear nothing about Demba Ba signing his new contract at Newcastle, the more chance there will be that we’ll lose him in the summer.

But the way we look at it is that if he doesn’t want to stay and play for Newcastle, so be it.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.