The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Does It Bother Demba Ba Playing On The Left?

1:03 pm, Monday, April 16th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 6 Comments

Demba Ba has hardly looked happy when he has been substituted in the last couple of games.

Demba Ba – happy to play on the left?

But today, he is playing with a straight bat, and says he has no problem at all about playing on the left wing, as Alan Pardew plays an attacking 4-4-3 formation, with Cisse in the center and Ben Arfa out on the right.

While things may be different behind closed doors, Ba says he has no complaints about where he is playing at the moment:

“I work in order to score goals but also so Papiss can score,” “The coach told me he would put me on the left. And for the team I thought, ‘Let’s do it’. Also, I know the qualities of Papiss as a finisher.”

“It does not bother me at all.” “As a striker you like to be in the striking position but now the coach has made a decision. He has decided for Papiss to be there.”

“I do what I have to do to balance the formation for the good of the team. If I can be in the finishing area I do everything to be there, if I cannot, we do the work for Papiss.”

“I like to be up front but lately the coach has decided to play with three strikers (Hatem Ben Arfa is the other) and I do not mind playing on the side.” “If I score, that’s great, but if I don’t score there is someone else who does.”

Ba’s goals  have dried up since he returned from the African Cup Of Nations in early February, and in fact he has scored only one goal since then, in his first back against Aston Villa, which we won 2-1, with goals from the Senegal twin strikers.

A perfect start to the Stoke game on Saturday, would be for Newcastle to get an early penalty and for Demba Ba to ram it home, and if that happens Ba could even end up with a hat-trick.

But all we are wishing and hoping for on Saturday afternoon is another win. :D

Comments welcome.

Tags: Demba Ba · Newcastle News

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tramp // Apr 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Why are so many people worried about Everton? They are 12 points behind us they will never catch us. We wont drop 12 points in our last 5 games and if we were too, Everton will no way win 4 of their last 5.

• 2 nickfish90 // Apr 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM

He plays on the left, he plays on the riiiiight, oh Demba Ba, made Stoke City look shite(er)!

• 3 nickfish90 // Apr 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM

oops, feel free to *** out the last word Ed. Got carried away.

• 4 duncandisorderly // Apr 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I now understand why we’ve done so well in recent games, if we’re playing a 4-4-3 formation! ;)

• 5 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Apr 16, 2012 at 4:34 PM

@1:

The reason a lot of ppl are nervous on here while looking at our last few games is, that their are folk on here who can,t believe how good its gone this season and are waiting for a Big Spanner to be thrown inrto the works~!

Okay Everton are never gonna catch us! But you take the worst case scenario and we end up losing all our last five games, Never gonna happen you would say~! But just supposin~! Piss alot of people off and something would hit the old fan deffo~!

Diffrent things worry different people in different ways in every different way every day! My worry is just who they are going to sell in close season!

Tell me! Whats your worry?

• 6 junior1 // Apr 17, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Newcastle may not drop anymore points if they keep going the way they are and tiotes preforms in the big games and everyone else does but tiote can make it work in the big games like we saw against man city

previous post: Newcastle To Stay Focused And Win As Many Games As Possible