Papiss Cisse Gets Haircut – Mobbed By 50 Fans – Video

There was a bit of a funny end to Alan Pardew’s press conference this afternoon at Benton.

Papiss Cisse – gets haircut in Gateshead – mobbed by fans
He probably hit the bulls-eye with that arrow shot too!

Alan was told right at the end of his press conference that Papiss Cisse had gone for a £6 haircut in Gateshead, and ended up being mobbed by Newcastle fans.

Papiss told the barber that he didn’t need to close the blinds down,  or close the door to keep it private, and that he didn’t mind fans looking into the barber shop.

Well,  would you believe at the end of his haircut there were 50 Newcastle fans that mobbed the Newcastle number 9,  when he had finished getting his hair cut short.

Alan Pardew was asked if he was surprised with that response to Cisse, and Alan said:

“No, that sounds like the Northeast – Ive never had that myself,  I maybe get one or two fans when I get my hair cut.”

“But Papiss has grown into a bit of a cult figure here, with what he’s done and the way he’s conducted himself – he’s a lovely guy.”

“The Northeast is a friendly place and they’ve welcomed him with open arms.”

Such is the passion of Newcastle supporters on Tyneside, that the players are treated like Gods off the field of play – and it’s nothing really new.

That bit about Papiss’ haircut ended Alan’s press conference – so we can all look forward to seeing Cisse with shorter hair on Saturday.

And hopefully he can add to the 10 goals he already has for the Magpies,  in that famous Newcastle number 9 shirt he wears.

Here’s the video of his haircut:

And this is the Sky Tyne and Wear video with commentary, where the barber actually talks about Cisse at the end of the piece.

The barber comes across very well,  and we have to wonder how many youngsters will be queuing up for a haircut at his barber shop today? 😀

Howay The Lads!!

• UpTheRoad

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I love the guy!

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Getting sand in his chips on Shields beach is too good for Ashley.

• super magpie

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Lawro’s predicted us to win, fear the worst…

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Watching sporting Lisbon v Bilbao in the Europa anyone saying they don’t want Europa league is a fool we cud really go for that compition

• super magpie

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Lol

• bambams

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM

hope he left a good tip……………

Please Cisse bag a couple against Stoke……Wigan…..Chelsea……Man City……Everton

what a great season, which could even become tremendous!

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Dunno if any 1 has downloaded the 20 seasons of th prem app on iphone but it is quality!!!!

• lee1892

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Ed – here’s the video of Cisse leaving the shop http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/18433

Some good videos on that site

• Scottishtoon95

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

FOOLS! HIS POWER WAS IN HIS HAIR, LIKE SAMARAS(was that him?).ALL THE GOALS WILL DRY UP NOW! lol

• check the toastie

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Think Europa cup is a pretty gud compo and all teams in the final 4/8 are always pretty classy, loads of super players, wud love to have a european adventure next year, this sounds a bit daft but ideally qualify into it though being knocked out of the champions league.

• Scottishtoon95

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Cisse has such little hair I’m suprised he needs to go, but maybe he needs to go, if he doesn’t go every week he’ll look like felainni and won’t be a speed demon cus of the wind resistance. lol

• darrenfletcher88

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Quick question lads, when do the tickets for the city game go on sale to non season ticket holders??want to take me pops

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Ulot see victor Moses has said he wants to leave Wigan shud we go for him?

I’d love a run in the Europa league or champions league of course the latter would b everyone’s option but even Europa would b amazing

• geordiejamie89

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Pft. When Papiss scored that great goal on his debut, I said he’ll probably go on to out-score Demba Ba this season. He’s only 6 away from matching him with 5 games….. But hopefully Demba Ba will score in that time too and i’ll be wrong.

• Munster Mag

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Davt, to be honest, I think either of those teams would beat the Toon. The technical standard of spanish teams if far higher than the Prem, and the Portuguese are a lovely team too – and signalled early in the competition as very possible winners. That Lisbon right back is excellent…

• darrenfletcher88

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Anyone no???

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I don’t buy this that we would b outclassed by teams in Europe think we would do well were better team than ppl give us credit n honestly I think we can beat anyone at sjp

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Not to mention we will b stronger again next season even if certain players leave I believe in the transfer policy

• rich_toonfan

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM

@davy

the transfer policy we have now is the same as what many clubs in europe employ

scout well, buy cheap, keep as long as possible, then sell for big money

teams like napoli, valencia, and even spurs use that philosophy and as long as each part of t he set up is good it will work, probably wont win the league but have a good chance in a cup….cant argue really

• check the toastie

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM

darren – no info yet on tickets, you cud just pay 25 pound membership which will guarentee you tickets now, also you will be able to get cheaper ones, you may hav to buy dearer ones anyway once general sale is on.

• seantoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Who thinks Sporting left back insua is worth a punt? Dunno if he still belongs to Liverpool or not back he’s having a quality game tonite.

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Rich I exactly aslong we can do what we’ve done this season n keep getting into Europe I’d b well happy n then within a few years maybe we can start thinking about league titles n cup wins

• rich_toonfan

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM

@davy

well look at spurs since they sold he likes of carrick and berbatov

they invested the money well and got some talent in like bale for less money

In reality, in most european leagues its the same few teams which win the league each year (well it is in england and spain)

it is difficult for any club to break the norm, unless they get mega money like chelsea or city have had recently….and even then there is no guaranteed success.

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I’m sorry darrenfletcher I don’t know and I didn’t want to be rude and not answer you.

In other news I think we should just go mad on free transfers and then splash out on youth! We could literally get a top 4 team for next to nowt and have extra to invest in the reserve/youth team.

I’d take these players:

CB – Davide Astoria (Bologna)
    CM – Mo Diame (Wigan) Butterfield (Barnsley)
    AM – Sotiris Ninis (Panathanikos) Amalfitano (Evian)
    LW – Hoilett (Blackburn)

The we could spend a few quid on a decent LB (4 million on Izaguerre) and magix, top 4 team able to challenge on 4 fronts for nearly nothing. God I’m bored.

• check the toastie

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

beattie – are you Mo Diame’s lovechild, he really hasnt done a great deal at all this year and looks on the fat chunky side to me, sooner give Mehdi Abeid the chance to back Mr T up meeself. i suppose hes free but really dont understnd if he is that gud he cant get in wigens team. You need to find a top class RB to replace simpson, thats the priority.

• ash-out

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Darren Fletcher – if you go on to the mag website you can buy tickets for the man city game via the HMV link.

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I think these deals are done amalfitano, butterfield, debuchy, Douglas n maybe Petiers

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Check

I love Diame that is true. I know a good player when I see one and in my minds eye he has already left Wigan. He is a great footballer, and I wouldn’t have him backing up Tiote I’d have him alongside him in some games. It’s all about versaitillity.

Also a decent RB would be Santon? Or are you in the ‘he’s a LB’ camp?

I’d bring in an Italian for Davide and Astori fits the bill as a full Italian international CB on a free. We have been linked with him before aswell.

Hoilett is a given and Ninis is a wonder kid, the others are just who we are probably going to sign!

I’m still bored.

• check the toastie

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Darren – tickets are not currently available to the general public, dont really know what ash-outs talking about, tickets are on sale currently to club members only, and no date for general sale has been released, i imagine it will be week a monday, if we hammer stoke not many will be left by then.

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Davybtoon what’s happening to Santon if we sign Pieters and Debuchey?

I don’t care about any stats I still think Simmo is the weakest player in the starting 11 so if we sell him it will be a good summer.

I’m not a twitter hater as Ive been a hater since day 1.

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I’d like a completely revamped FB line up.

Gotta sell Simmo, send Fergy out on loan and get 2 LBs and a RB.

Peiters and Debeuchy for solidness.

Izaguerre and Santon for attacking.

Add to that a starting CM (Martin) and Hoilett and we have an amazing team, no?

• check the toastie

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Yep, agree santon cud play RB nee bother, cud play all over to be fair as the boy is a gem. Cud play him there on saturday instead of simpson and play gutti or fergy full back, highly unlikely though. You cud always watch Lee Nelsons well gud show its qualiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Beattie I don’t think we will sign debuchy n Petiers but I wouldn’t complain if we did, debuchy can play in cm aswell, but with Petiers keep goin on about us on twitter n cabaye saying he’s convinced debuchy to join us it’s looking like we actually could b getting them both

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Beattie I’d hav santon n Petiers for lb n debuchy n tavernier for rb, then we wud hav Douglas, willo, colo, staylor n perch for cb with Petiers also able to play there that really good defensive options

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Yea agree Martin or corgnet would b great

• Beattie25

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I’m going to hibernate wake me in August.

I can’t take this anymore. I wait an age for every match and the whos and maybes this summer is driving me mad.

• davybtoon

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I also I wanna see fergie, Vukic, abeid, play a bigger role next year we need a big squad n with Europe we need to rotate in matches

• macdonaldtudor

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Lets pray he isn’t like Samson ha ha

• rich_toonfan

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

@davy

yeh i want to see more of them too, but the problem is vukic is very injury prone and abeid just seems to be no where near the level required yet…not even getting a run as sub

• check the toastie

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Must say the blog is much more interesting when the team is playing sh1te and the manager is under pressure, all this talk of success and mutual back slapping is a bit naucious, personally think we have under achieved this year, and still upset at keegen being sacked, pardew il never replace the king.

And personally although we have done better than anybody could ever imagine me still thinks we havent imposed ourselves on any team in the league yet and that is still a bit disappointing, it would be nice to walk out of the ground just once and say, ‘wow we have pasted them today’ just once.