The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Papiss Cisse Gets Haircut – Mobbed By 50 Fans – Video

8:14 pm, Thursday, April 19th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 89 Comments

There was a bit of a funny end to Alan Pardew’s press conference this afternoon at Benton.

Papiss Cisse – gets haircut in Gateshead – mobbed by fans
He probably hit the bulls-eye with that arrow shot too!

Alan was told right at the end of his press conference that Papiss Cisse had gone for a £6 haircut in Gateshead, and ended up being mobbed by Newcastle fans.

Papiss told the barber that he didn’t need to close the blinds down,  or close the door to keep it private, and that he didn’t mind fans looking into the barber shop.

Well,  would you believe at the end of his haircut there were 50 Newcastle fans that mobbed the Newcastle number 9,  when he had finished getting his hair cut short.

Alan Pardew was asked if he was surprised with that response to Cisse, and Alan said:

“No, that sounds like the Northeast – Ive never had that myself,  I maybe get one or two fans when I get my hair cut.”

“But Papiss has grown into a bit of a cult figure here, with what he’s done and the way he’s conducted himself – he’s a lovely guy.”

“The Northeast is a friendly place and they’ve welcomed him with open arms.”

Such is the passion of Newcastle supporters on Tyneside, that the players are treated like Gods off the field of play – and it’s nothing really new.

That bit about Papiss’ haircut ended Alan’s press conference – so we can all look forward to seeing Cisse with shorter hair on Saturday.

And hopefully he can add to the 10 goals he already has for the Magpies,  in that famous Newcastle number 9 shirt he wears.

Here’s the video of his haircut:

And this is the Sky Tyne and Wear video with commentary, where the barber actually talks about Cisse at the end of the piece.

The barber comes across very well,  and we have to wonder how many youngsters will be queuing up for a haircut at his barber shop today? :D

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse

89 responses so far ↓

• 1 UpTheRoad // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I love the guy!

• 2 Jail for Ashley // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Getting sand in his chips on Shields beach is too good for Ashley.

• 3 super magpie // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Lawro’s predicted us to win, fear the worst…

• 4 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Watching sporting Lisbon v Bilbao in the Europa anyone saying they don’t want Europa league is a fool we cud really go for that compition

• 5 super magpie // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Lol

• 6 bambams // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM

hope he left a good tip……………

Please Cisse bag a couple against Stoke……Wigan…..Chelsea……Man City……Everton

what a great season, which could even become tremendous!

• 7 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Dunno if any 1 has downloaded the 20 seasons of th prem app on iphone but it is quality!!!!

• 8 lee1892 // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Ed – here’s the video of Cisse leaving the shop http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/18433

Some good videos on that site

• 9 Scottishtoon95 // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

FOOLS! HIS POWER WAS IN HIS HAIR, LIKE SAMARAS(was that him?).ALL THE GOALS WILL DRY UP NOW! lol

• 10 check the toastie // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Think Europa cup is a pretty gud compo and all teams in the final 4/8 are always pretty classy, loads of super players, wud love to have a european adventure next year, this sounds a bit daft but ideally qualify into it though being knocked out of the champions league.

• 11 Scottishtoon95 // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Cisse has such little hair I’m suprised he needs to go, but maybe he needs to go, if he doesn’t go every week he’ll look like felainni and won’t be a speed demon cus of the wind resistance. lol

• 12 darrenfletcher88 // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Quick question lads, when do the tickets for the city game go on sale to non season ticket holders??want to take me pops

• 13 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Ulot see victor Moses has said he wants to leave Wigan shud we go for him?

I’d love a run in the Europa league or champions league of course the latter would b everyone’s option but even Europa would b amazing

• 14 geordiejamie89 // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Pft. When Papiss scored that great goal on his debut, I said he’ll probably go on to out-score Demba Ba this season. He’s only 6 away from matching him with 5 games….. But hopefully Demba Ba will score in that time too and i’ll be wrong.

• 15 Munster Mag // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Davt, to be honest, I think either of those teams would beat the Toon. The technical standard of spanish teams if far higher than the Prem, and the Portuguese are a lovely team too – and signalled early in the competition as very possible winners. That Lisbon right back is excellent…

• 16 darrenfletcher88 // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Anyone no???

• 17 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I don’t buy this that we would b outclassed by teams in Europe think we would do well were better team than ppl give us credit n honestly I think we can beat anyone at sjp

• 18 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Not to mention we will b stronger again next season even if certain players leave I believe in the transfer policy

• 19 rich_toonfan // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM

@davy

the transfer policy we have now is the same as what many clubs in europe employ

scout well, buy cheap, keep as long as possible, then sell for big money

teams like napoli, valencia, and even spurs use that philosophy and as long as each part of t he set up is good it will work, probably wont win the league but have a good chance in a cup….cant argue really

• 20 check the toastie // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM

darren – no info yet on tickets, you cud just pay 25 pound membership which will guarentee you tickets now, also you will be able to get cheaper ones, you may hav to buy dearer ones anyway once general sale is on.

• 21 seantoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Who thinks Sporting left back insua is worth a punt? Dunno if he still belongs to Liverpool or not back he’s having a quality game tonite.

• 22 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Rich I exactly aslong we can do what we’ve done this season n keep getting into Europe I’d b well happy n then within a few years maybe we can start thinking about league titles n cup wins

• 23 rich_toonfan // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM

@davy

well look at spurs since they sold he likes of carrick and berbatov

they invested the money well and got some talent in like bale for less money

In reality, in most european leagues its the same few teams which win the league each year (well it is in england and spain)

it is difficult for any club to break the norm, unless they get mega money like chelsea or city have had recently….and even then there is no guaranteed success.

• 24 Beattie25 // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I’m sorry darrenfletcher I don’t know and I didn’t want to be rude and not answer you.

In other news I think we should just go mad on free transfers and then splash out on youth! We could literally get a top 4 team for next to nowt and have extra to invest in the reserve/youth team.

I’d take these players:

CB – Davide Astoria (Bologna)
    CM – Mo Diame (Wigan) Butterfield (Barnsley)
    AM – Sotiris Ninis (Panathanikos) Amalfitano (Evian)
    LW – Hoilett (Blackburn)

The we could spend a few quid on a decent LB (4 million on Izaguerre) and magix, top 4 team able to challenge on 4 fronts for nearly nothing. God I’m bored.

• 25 check the toastie // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

beattie – are you Mo Diame’s lovechild, he really hasnt done a great deal at all this year and looks on the fat chunky side to me, sooner give Mehdi Abeid the chance to back Mr T up meeself. i suppose hes free but really dont understnd if he is that gud he cant get in wigens team. You need to find a top class RB to replace simpson, thats the priority.

• 26 ash-out // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Darren Fletcher – if you go on to the mag website you can buy tickets for the man city game via the HMV link.

• 27 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I think these deals are done amalfitano, butterfield, debuchy, Douglas n maybe Petiers

• 28 Beattie25 // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Check

I love Diame that is true. I know a good player when I see one and in my minds eye he has already left Wigan. He is a great footballer, and I wouldn’t have him backing up Tiote I’d have him alongside him in some games. It’s all about versaitillity.

Also a decent RB would be Santon? Or are you in the ‘he’s a LB’ camp?

I’d bring in an Italian for Davide and Astori fits the bill as a full Italian international CB on a free. We have been linked with him before aswell.

Hoilett is a given and Ninis is a wonder kid, the others are just who we are probably going to sign!

I’m still bored.

• 29 check the toastie // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Darren – tickets are not currently available to the general public, dont really know what ash-outs talking about, tickets are on sale currently to club members only, and no date for general sale has been released, i imagine it will be week a monday, if we hammer stoke not many will be left by then.

• 30 Beattie25 // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Davybtoon what’s happening to Santon if we sign Pieters and Debuchey?

I don’t care about any stats I still think Simmo is the weakest player in the starting 11 so if we sell him it will be a good summer.

I’m not a twitter hater as Ive been a hater since day 1.

• 31 Beattie25 // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I’d like a completely revamped FB line up.

Gotta sell Simmo, send Fergy out on loan and get 2 LBs and a RB.

Peiters and Debeuchy for solidness.

Izaguerre and Santon for attacking.

Add to that a starting CM (Martin) and Hoilett and we have an amazing team, no?

• 32 check the toastie // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Yep, agree santon cud play RB nee bother, cud play all over to be fair as the boy is a gem. Cud play him there on saturday instead of simpson and play gutti or fergy full back, highly unlikely though. You cud always watch Lee Nelsons well gud show its qualiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 33 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Beattie I don’t think we will sign debuchy n Petiers but I wouldn’t complain if we did, debuchy can play in cm aswell, but with Petiers keep goin on about us on twitter n cabaye saying he’s convinced debuchy to join us it’s looking like we actually could b getting them both

• 34 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Beattie I’d hav santon n Petiers for lb n debuchy n tavernier for rb, then we wud hav Douglas, willo, colo, staylor n perch for cb with Petiers also able to play there that really good defensive options

• 35 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Yea agree Martin or corgnet would b great

• 36 Beattie25 // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I’m going to hibernate wake me in August.

I can’t take this anymore. I wait an age for every match and the whos and maybes this summer is driving me mad.

• 37 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I also I wanna see fergie, Vukic, abeid, play a bigger role next year we need a big squad n with Europe we need to rotate in matches

• 38 macdonaldtudor // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Lets pray he isn’t like Samson ha ha

• 39 rich_toonfan // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

@davy

yeh i want to see more of them too, but the problem is vukic is very injury prone and abeid just seems to be no where near the level required yet…not even getting a run as sub

• 40 check the toastie // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Must say the blog is much more interesting when the team is playing sh1te and the manager is under pressure, all this talk of success and mutual back slapping is a bit naucious, personally think we have under achieved this year, and still upset at keegen being sacked, pardew il never replace the king.

And personally although we have done better than anybody could ever imagine me still thinks we havent imposed ourselves on any team in the league yet and that is still a bit disappointing, it would be nice to walk out of the ground just once and say, ‘wow we have pasted them today’ just once.

• 41 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I wouldn’t say abeid isn’t anywhere near its jus that with a champions league chance pardew is goin with experience apart from fergie who has been fantastic, would love to see abeid n tavernier get some game time b4 the end of the season

• 42 rich_toonfan // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

how can you say such things check

keegan is a charlatan and tried to ruin our club with his untimely resignation, then he came back to do it again….sounds like agent keegan if you ask me

i am so bored i just want to argue haha

• 43 check the toastie // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

we havent under achieved and i dont wish for keegan back by the way, however i would like to see us win a game by merit and possession football rather than playing tactical football or ‘being a bit below par’. Sitting on a one goal or two goal lead can become a little straining when you have so many quality attacking players on the pitch.

• 44 rich_toonfan // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

@davy

true but if we going for champs league next year he will need to step up

and you would have thought he would get a run for 5/10 mins in a game when we a couple goals up, especially seeing as he is a holding player who could help keep the lead

• 45 rich_toonfan // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM

seriously though guys, do you think keegan is over rated?

he quit every job he has had because things weren’t right for him. surely if its every job it must be down to him and not surroundings.

similar to how martin o’neil will quit sunderland when he doesn’t get his 30mil to spend on british players

• 46 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM

It’s fine balance of signing new players but making sure u don’t ignore your own youth players aswell like fergie, Vukic n tav n abeid, personally I’d use Vukic as a striker he’d b perfect in the left of the front three

• 47 check the toastie // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM

And i still think Ben Arfa is wasted covering Simmo all the time he should be given more license to attack and effect the game going forward, hate to see him doubling up all the time as simpson backs off to his goalline clearance position. Oh yes he clears it off the line you know, ive heard that one before.

• 48 Munster Mag // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a new home kit out this summer? I could do with an updated one, and i have a little boy now who needs to be made a Mag fats ( in fairness he’s only 1 ! ) Tks …..htl.

• 49 Munster Mag // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I mean Mags fan …not Mags fats!

• 50 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Munster mag – yip there is 3 new kits coming out this summer n all new training gear no date on them yet

• 51 davybtoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Munster mag these were leaked jus b4 we signed with virgin so don’t kno if there final but I like the home one

• 52 WWJBD // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

HBA covering Simmo all the time? Hate to see him doubling up on attacking players?

I must be of then I love to see Cisse or Ba helping out at the back and stopping attacks

• 53 Munster Mag // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Nice one Davy.That white collar has Juve all over it . Quality. I never took to the current shirt and want my biy to have a “proper stripes” NUFC jersey. Still reckon we wouldnt be able to hold teams like Sporting Lisbon, and u probably saw what Bilbao did to Man U in Manchester. They play at a faster pace than english teams, with more ball control and fluidity. I dont think they would fancy Shola or either of our big lads coming at them though ….:)

• 54 ochytoon // Apr 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Hey lads, what’s the topic of discussion tonight?

• 55 AmericanMagpie // Apr 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I wonder if Cisse got the #9 cut into his hair. LOL That would be amazing.

• 56 geordiejamie89 // Apr 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I think he should get a golden boot tattooed onto his hand. Then he can put it in the air all next season when he’s top goalscorer……
    Second best striker I’ve seen at Newcastle, Shearer being the first just for the amount of goals he scored for the toon.
    A few more signings in the summer and we can go far, you only have to look at Newcastle’s form this year to see it, despite key injuries in defence.

• 57 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 19, 2012 at 11:51 PM

@davybtoon

Them tops are horrible like, honestly hope that they aren’t our new tops, would rather stick with the kits we have now :)

• 58 geordiejamie89 // Apr 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Newcastle should sign someone massive. I remember when I rocked up to see Michael Owen sign on at Newcastle with another 10,000 or so. It would be great if we had a scene like that over the summer, but with somebody who wasn’t on the bench beforehand, or constantly injured. Someone like Eden Hazzard, or Hamsik or someone. You might think it not possible. Remember how suprised people were when Van Der Vart signed for Spurs? And he’s not even on massive wages. I know Newcastle is different, but there’s still plenty players would go to any club for CL football, IF we get it.

• 59 ImightBe Wrong // Apr 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM

so have we signed that guy?

• 60 Pardew's fist pump // Apr 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

This blog needs a match to shake it up!

• 61 MUTINYbyLEMONS // Apr 20, 2012 at 1:40 AM

@geordiejamie89

Why? Why should we sign someone massive? Why are people happier if we spend more money on players we buy? Especially when same or better quality can be bought by being a bit clever? Tbh I would say Cabaye was a massive signing, I was shocked when he came, he had just won a double at Lille and was their captain, he had champions league, he is in the French starting 11 and yet we got him. Cisse is a massive signing, one of the best strikers NUFC has ever had.

• 62 Tsunki // Apr 20, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Well managed to overdo last nights proceedings hence up with the sparrers with nowt to do except check out the latest banter. And there isn’t any! Nobody’s fault, mind you, just a typical 2 week gap and no controversy how can the collective forces of OV maintain the heady liquor of cheeriness and hope we have become accustomed to of late for that long? Answer = Can’t.
    On ‘big’ signings, what about Benny? what a talent he is, take another butcher’s at the trickery he has dazzled us with this season and you will marvel at just how many astounding games he has had. I don’t know how many players there are in the game, let alone Prem, that displays such fantastic skills. And he plays for us. Be afraid, be very afraid of a ‘massive’ signing because that for me would signal the end of the camaraderie, team spirit, motive force call it what you will, and re-introduce the ‘star’ system that nearly killed our club, and is a constant plague to stupid spending chelski & citeh who are not teams that equal any where near the sum of it’s parts.

I think the current regime have sussed out the new direction in footy, that the big – spenders are overbearing dinosaurs who may yet be overtaken by the financial climate. The days of poorer clubs trying to keep up with the joneses have come to their end, now brains are starting to count where throwing wads of cash around does not get results. No more ‘big’ stars please. No more marquee signings, for every twenty Kluiverts you maybe get one Shearer.

My stomach really hurts.

• 63 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Tsunki,

people pelted me when i said theat Ben arfa should b in the team and shola was crap.

Both have since been proven correct

• 64 Tsunki // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Indian – 50% correct. You got the Shola one wrong. Still.

• 65 Hemel Mag // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM

EVERTON TICKETS NEEDED PLEASE

Guys, I’ve managed to get tickets for three out of our last five games, I’m coming up for Stoke tomorrow, then Chelsea and City, and really want to get to Everton for the last game. I’m a member but the last couple of away games have sold out to ST holders.

Can anyone help with two tickets Please- am happy to TT money or meet up in Toon tomorrow etc will also pay a bit of a premium as a thank you if any of you season ticket holders on here can’t go themselves

Thanks

HWTL

• 66 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:36 AM

okay tsunki,

See it this way, assume if Shola were to retire today how will you remember him by

• 67 Offkey // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Indian – I guess as the man that showed a good touch, strength and brilliant turn to set up Cisse’s last goal. You know, the one that kept his run going…..

Or maybe a makem slayer……

Or maybe a player that could have done so much more with their career were they not to break themselves at the command of their manager when carrying an injury…..

• 68 Offkey // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Its amazing that you are more of a tactical genius than most of our previous managers…….shall we list them……

• 69 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:46 AM

when have i discussed anything tactically

• 70 steinhof // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Or even as our second highest European goalscorer? Lots of accolades the big man would get.

• 71 Offkey // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Playing one player instead of another can be tactical cant it…..or am I missing something.

Or would you have played benny instead of shola because of some sort of strange love……

• 72 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Lies damn lies and statistics

• 73 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Oh please!

Shola is not good enough to start week in week out for NUFC, now he had his chances.

When ppl at other clubs break down consistently they are called sicknotes

Fine Shola had to play through injuries that affected his career.

• 74 Tsunki // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Indian – I appreciate that you have extolled HBA’s virtues all season and nobody could be more pleased that you were right about persevering with him in the starting line up ,but you really have to let the Shola one go. I will probably look back on Shola’s career with fondness actually. As a ‘striker’ he has not been prolific by any means, but as a team player who had various unhailed talents, which have often seen out games where we have held on to a point or three he has been consistently useful. Even if you want to discount his professional example, his loyalty and, if you look closely, his skill on the ball when it counts, his hold – up play, his tactical impact when brought on late in a game, and all this despite his injury problems over the years, you have to wonder why successive managers are more than happy to keep him on the books. YOU have to wonder that is, not me. Even if it’s just for his mackem – slaying exploits, he is definitely hall-of-fame material, at the very least in the same way as honorary doctorships are handed out by universities to those they deem worthy by virtue of their contribution.

Let it go quietly now mate, simply saying ‘Shola is crap’ all the time has pegged your credibility back for some time now – it virtually destroyed brutooon, didn’t it? Take heed at what the sensible majority are saying.

• 75 Offkey // Apr 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Shola didn’t have to play, many players get stretchered off with a bruised shin and dont play for weeks. I believe he played because he loved the club and respected his manager……and probably to a certain extent hoped he would make you happy……being one of the fans

• 76 Offkey // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM

and a wedge of money of course……

• 77 Tsunki // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Indian @ 73 – your statements whirl around like a tornado! so are you saying Shola has inherently never been good enough to play for Newcastle or that his injuries have rendered him useless? And are you now saying that he’s no good to START a game and see it out but maybe inferring he IS good enough to see out that last 15 minutes or so? Where are you going with this?

• 78 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Tsunki

I started watching football in 2001, Then it was claimed by Legendary SBR that shola was going to be a next superstar, fine he had bellamy and shearer in front of him. he had injuries that did not help better players came that did not help.

May be injuries have taken its toll, may be! but now where NUFC are and are heading, i doubt he has what it takes top deliver week in week out, not as a starter any way.

dont worry abt my credibility i am being polite here to shola, if you think he is a demi god fine go along, i have my opinions made on subjective reasoning, you have yours

• 79 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Lunch Time :)

• 80 Londtoon // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I remember you saying that Indian but think Pardew has got it spot on. Benny wasn’t ready physically and mentally. He now plays within the team unit and my word that has done us well.

And in my personal opinion I think Shola puts in a good shift when coming off the bench but I agree that I would not start him. If pards told him to give it 110% for 20-35mins I think we get the best from shola.

• 81 Tsunki // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:26 AM

No, Indian, he wasn’t the next big thing, but neither was Carl Cort or any number of absolute crap that has come and gone in this club. But Shola has stayed despite the fact his injuries have curtailed his mobility. This is because despite this, he still has that latent ability which turns games if used in good tactical measure. That’s what Owen has been doing at Man U lately, and he is an out and out crock! No, Shola can’t really start a game and last out, I don’t think any of his most fierce supporters would say that. But he’s not crap. Maybe you should take this argument up wth the same man who values HBA, ask him why he values Shola?

• 82 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Tsunki,

You may very well shola, but i think he is dispensable, as is any 1 i guess, but you get my flow right

• 83 WWJBD // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM

HBA was not good enough to start earlier in the season hence why he didn’t. He showed very little when he came off the bench and was often worse than the person he replaced, did everything for himself and ran in to trouble all the time then wouldn’t work to get the team out of it. Now he is good enough clearly but that doesn’t mean Pards was wrong early season

As for Shola not being good enough interesting as we wouldn’t be where we are without him this season and he knows he won’t be starting games but coming off the bench with 20-30 minutes to go he has been great also would give his right nut for NUFC which still means something imo. So yes he is good enough

• 84 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Londtoon,

i think pardew should have played him against Norwich and swansea in december

• 85 Offkey // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM

or maybe Pardew should have just sent him round yours for those two matches to sign your HBA duvet and pillow case

I have one with Shola on :)

• 86 Indian Magpie // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM

that wd have been nyc, but why bring smith on when trailing 3-2 or 4-2

• 87 Tsunki // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM

offkey – :)

• 88 LewSpi // Apr 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Tsunki @ 74,

Probably one of the best, most structured and well balanced posts I’ve ever read on this blog. Bravo.

• 89 DeadGrizzly // Apr 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM

previous post: Pardew – Newcastle Are The Least Favorites – That’s Probably Right

next post: Arsenal To Challenge Newcastle For French Defender