It’s now exactly five years since I started the Newcastle United Blog back on Sunday, April 22nd, 2007 with three initial articles.
Alan Pardew – Newcastle’s latest and very successful manager
You can check any and all of the articles in the archives, but at that time Glenn Roeder was the Newcastle manager and Freddy Shepherd was the Chairman.
But since then, Newcastle have had 7 managers in those five years – Glenn Roeder, Sam Allardyce, Kevin Keegan, Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, Chris Hughton and Alan Pardew, and the last two managers have been the star men – that’s for sure.
Mike Ashley bought the club a short two months after we started, and we’ve been relegated, promoted with a massive 102 points in our first season down below, and are now 4th place in the Premier League table, and restoring some of that Geordie pride back to Newcastle United.
To say it’s been a rocky ride for Newcastle over those five years is still a massive understatement however.
But with Newcastle’s great win yesterday against Stoke City 3-0, we are now as high up in the Premier League table, since the great Bobby Robson was manager of the club back in 2003.
Here are juts a few facts and figures about the blog:
- There have been 15,184 articles published – that ‘s an average of just over eight every single day – including weekends
- There have been 756,897 comments posted – an average of around 50 comments per article
- We have had 63M hits – which is over 1M a month over the five years time-frame
- We know of at least six Newcastle Blogs started by some of our former readers since we started out – are they trying to tell us something?
- The blog was shut down for a couple of months from November 2009 through January of the next year, when I did some consulting work for Accenture
My goal is to continue with the blog just as long as my health permits me to – and thanks for all your support over the last five years.