Demba Ba – Rumors About Me Leaving Newcastle Have No Basis

Newcastle striker Demba Ba has come out today, before Newcastle’s most important game for years against Manchester City at St. James’ Park, and said he does not want to leave Newcastle.

Demba Ba – I love Newcastle fans

That’s very good news, and in fact he has come out and said he loves Newcastle fans, and the feeling is mutual, to be sure.

There are reports this morning that Manchester United may be after the Senegal striker, but in our report on that, we mention there seems to be very little basis for the story.

In today’s Sun, this is what the 26 year-old striker said:

“Manchester City are in for a tough afternoon, because we’re determined to win the game and boost our chances of Champions League football.”

“I have said to the Newcastle supporters that I have not forgotten how to score goals and the next one will arrive with a huge celebration.”

“The rumors about me leaving have no basis. Nobody has said they are not counting on being without me next season.”

“I love the Newcastle fans. Since the day I arrived they have shown me nothing but support, so why would I walk away from that?”

“I have never said I wanted to leave.” “We’re going to try and get the win. Not for Manchester United, not against Manchester City,  but for us.”

“I accept my spell of bad luck is unusual but I haven’t become obsessed with it. “I know I will score eventually and the goals could come in any of the two remaining games.”

“I would love to bring the drought to an end against Manchester City today.”

Great words there from the Newcastle number 19, who is of course extremely popular on Tyneside.

And Newcastle have a wonderful chance this afternoon to go above Arsenal in the league table, if  we can get the 3 points this afternoon.

We have lost no confidence in Demba Ba at all, and he has been doing a great job for Newcastle, even though his Senegal team-mate Papiss Cisse has been scoring all the goals recently.

It’s more difficult to score goals from the left wing, but we have a sneaking suspicion that Ba will get on the goals trail in the last two games of the season.

Maybe he will score the winner today?

Comments welcome.

• Dennis Twice

May 6, 2012 at 8:41 AM

1st?

• Oleg G

May 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Can you imagine, if Cisse – At the end of this season – will have scored more goals than Ba? Ba will be depressed. 16 goals, and now this lad comes with 13, amazing.

• WWJBD

May 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Good word and always seems a honest fella but I have my doubts about his motivations I do recall him at West Ham last year being very pro staying then jumping ship very quickly

As for his ability although his goals have currently dried up, imo, his all round play has not decreased unless he is frustrated late on in games normally when he is central

Oh and Ed I love that u have put up links to blog post from years ago really makes u appreciate the huge difference in such a small space of time…though the match preview from 2009 was mildly depressing

• Solaidback

May 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Oleg – Thats what you want frmo your strikers tho… you want them both scoring for fun & it shouldn’t matter if Cisse get more than Ba, they will both be happy with how ever many they get…

Ba will score again but not if he’s played our left as he is being… he’s an out & out striker, same as Cisse & should be played that way but when you bring HBA into the picture, we have no other way of playing except 4-3-3 with either Ba or Cisse out left, unless you want to drop one of them, which i don’t think will happen, as Ba is still playing well, tho it doesn’t look it to some, he’s just not playing as well as when he’s scoring for fun….

I predict a 2-2 draw today, not what we want unless the Vile beat the Spurts, which isn’t a possibility at home but I’m not gonna jinx our result by saying we’re gonna win, tho I think it will be Cisse & HBA on the scoresheet, not Ba 🙁

• bambams

May 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Nice to hear………

Looks like the current crop of players also realise this is the place to be right now.

I dont want to get too carried away, but this team really excites me and the future looks really good.

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Why would he want to leave the Toon, he’s playing next to his Senegal strike partner and will be given the same contract as Cisse (without a get out clause)
    Watch out City Ba wants to end his goal drought today.

• Hoodrat

May 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Agreed – I think its hilarious how much people read into watching players like Ba when Cisse scores or he’s subbed…that then turns into he’s not happy because Cisse is scoring..he’s leaving. Howay man he’s at a club on the up guranteed some form of european football atleast next season..Yes he jumped ship at West Ham..but we are at the opposite end of the table. The only way anyone will leave I think is if a daft bid comes in way over what they are worth, they might then leave..we’ll see.

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

We at last are seeing the passion from the fans matched by the professionalism and commitment from the club and its owner/employees.
    l see no reason why we cannot compete for the title very soon with 3 or 4 quality more quality players of the right character, ability and desire.
    Ashley has found the secret ingredients needed to bring lasting and continuing success to our club.

Pardew must be the manager of the year!

• Addy1892

May 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I’m afraid he’s taken to Twitter to deny being responsible for these quotes!

Either way, a Demba goal would be lovely today!

• JP...from The Rock

May 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I have never felt Ba wanted to leave and always considered it to be paper talk trying to unsettle a perfectly happy unit. Ba is happy here with us as fans backing him up and supporting him, the manager on his side and with his mate Cisse next to him. The media should concentrate on why Liverfool and Dogleash are doing so badly and pick the negatives from there because there aren’t any from Newcastle this season. Pardew deserves a statue next to Sir Bobby’s if he can win us a cup or gets us into the Champions League next year. If he gets us into the CL this year a medal will do for now 😛

HWTL