The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Latest Newcastle Injury Update For Sunday

1:25 pm, Thursday, May 10th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 192 Comments

Danny Simpson will again be missing from the Newcastle side to take on Everton at Goodison Park on Sunday, and Perchinho will again be an able deputy.

Alan Pardew - no new injury problems

The only players who are also not fit for Sunday are Steven Taylor, Haris Vuckic and Steve Harper, although it seems Sammy Ameobi is back in training again.

It’s very likely that Alan Pardew will again play an unchanged side for Goodison,  and play in a modified 4-4-2 formation, with both top Senegal strikers Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba up front.

Alan Pardew as usual, is not giving too much away as to what his starting eleven will be, and he had this to say to the local press today:

“We’re well set. Everybody is fit from the team that faced Man City and apart from the long-term we’re OK.”

“The spirits going into Everton are very good, especially after the Chelsea result which confirmed we will finish at least fifth.”

“We’re just looking forward to Sunday now – and going out on a high.”

Everton never give up in any game, and as usual their top manager David Moyes will have his side ready for this game.

Newcastle haven’t had too much luck in this fixture over the years,  but last season we did win 1-0 there,  with that first great goal from Ben Arfa, on 18th September of 2010.

Even though Everton  don’t have much money to spend in the transfer market compared to their wealthy neighbors Liverpool, they are still one point ahead of the Reds, and the two goal differences of the Merseyside teams are identical at +8.

So that’s another reason why the Toffees will be trying to win on Sunday, if they needed another reason.

It should be good game, and all we can hope for is a Newcastle win,  to make it 8 wins in the last ten  games- and that would be something –  and a terrific way to end a great season.

Then we’ll have to see where we finally end up in the league table, and  if we get up to 4th places – we’ll be supporting Bayern Munich on the following Saturday, as they take on Chelsea in Munich in the final of the Champions League.

If Chelsea manage to win that game, and the German club are 4-5 odds-on favorites to win the final on their home ground, then they become the 4th club entered in next year’s competition.

Comments welcome.

Tags: Danny Simpson · Injuries · Newcastle News

192 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ben3arfa // May 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

2 off the top 5 goals ;)

• 2 neilinho // May 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I’ve stuck a tenner on a Newcastle win, a West Brom win and a Spurs/Fulham draw! £450 due to come in. Champions League football, plus a cracking night out with the winnings!!

• 3 pieceofpapiss // May 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Anyone think we should sign this fella? Imagine the fun the commentators would have!!!

• 4 yorkshire_magpie // May 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM

What do you guys think? Should pardew play 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 which can be played as a 4-3-3 aswell against everton.

• 5 dannyboy // May 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM

neilinho – thats a interesting bet , nothing wrong with a bit of optimisim ! i hope your right ! i might do it myself as its the last time il be betting until next season

• 6 neilinho // May 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM

@ dannyboy, it’ll more than likely be the last bet i place before the Euros. Get to it, put the bet on and i’ll see you for a pint in the Shark Club on Sunday afternoon to celebrate!!!

• 7 pieceofpapiss // May 10, 2012 at 2:13 PM

@ Neilinho

Spurs lose, Arsenal Lose, Citeh/QPR draw, Toon win. £5 bet £750 returns. PaddyPower!!

Im running out of limbs to cross on this. lol

• 8 neilinho // May 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM

@ piecofpapiss, good luck with that one fella!! with a Citeh/QPR draw, i’m surprised you didn’t take a Man Utd win as well.

• 9 Pardew's fist pump // May 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM

With Baines injured, The Toffees have been playing Distin at LB; HBA will have too much zip for him and Distin is a klutz when it comes to facing good dribblers.

3-1 The Toon!

• 10 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM

@ nielinho

I put £5 on the same bet at bet365 and it returns £347…
    £10 would win me £694?!

Shop around man! unless you meant £5 not £10??

• 11 neilinho // May 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Lol no Shane, i did mean £10, i went to Corals (shop, not online) i’ve obviously been screwed!!

• 12 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Ah man!

But hey ho! We’d both take the results more than the money that’s for sure!! :-)

• 13 dannyboy // May 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM

if we dont get into CL this season which is looking likly(if you look at bookies odds) i wont be able to hide the feeling of disappointment, i know 5th place is fantastic and would have bit your 2 hands of 4 it at the start of the season. i just feel we deserve it glory. if we miss out il never forget the recent wigan game,it all could have been so different,we just didnt show up. i suppose its just natural , whats meant to be is meant to be. i just think alot of neutral supporters look at the uefa cup as a waste of time and energy! i couldnt be arsed with the chant ‘your on ch5 with stan and pat’ lol. two pundits which really annoy me! i want to be playing saturdays not just sundays!! UP THE TOON REGARDLESS of what happens

• 14 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM

The cynic in me thinks that Simpson is being left out because of his refusal (love of more money) to sign a new deal , if this is his stance then he should know that he wont win against Ashley and as Barton, Carroll, Jose and Nolan have all found out, he’s easily replaced

• 15 SuperShearer // May 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM

@dannyboy you can’t look at a season that way. Yes the Wigan result was a disappointment but had we won there there’s every likely hood the team might not have been as fired up against Chelsea and we may have lost. Yes CL football would be amazing but considering we’re only in our second year back in the league, finished 12th last year, if you had offered me 5th, with a fight for 4th, at the start of the season I would have bitten your hand off. My only concern right now is holding on to all our quality players in the summer, if we can do that then there’s no telling where we can finish next season.

• 16 pieceofpapiss // May 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I said on a previous thread that at the begining of the season i would have been delighted with a top 10 finish. Our main objective (from a fans point of veiw) would be to finish above the great unwashed.

Top 5 and European football is a spectacular acheivment and even if we didnt qualify for the CL i am chuffed to bits with this season.

Passport dusted, suitcase ready, Toon marching into europe.

• 17 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM

• 18 Pardew's fist pump // May 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM

JB

He’s injured, was wearing a protective boot on the lap of honour,.

• 19 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 2:47 PM

pieceofpapiss – I’m with you on that mate, I had us down to finish 9/10 so I’ve been in dreamland all season long, if Pardew is not named as manager of the year then something is seriously wrong

• 20 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Pardew’s fist pump – Ok. thanks for that mate

• 21 DevonMag // May 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM

lads I haven’t posted on here for about 3-4 years, been a long long time, but have beenr reading religiously ever since. Found out my old password so I could sign on and say Neilinho I made that same bet on Betfair and got £408 for a fiver! Deffo shop around next time. I reckon that will be a popular bet for the weekend…

• 22 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Simpson can go. If he would rather play at a lower team for more money then just get rid. Has he learnt nothing from our previous outgoings!? The rumours about him and Chelsea are bonkers. No champions league team will take him… I could see him at a Fulham or a Liverfool for 20 mill. :-)

He’s been a good RB for us but he is replaceable.

As for Best, i really like him. He deserves to play in a starting 11 somewhere in the premier league. I would love him to stay and be used as a sub and to be an extra body incase of injuries etc.

• 23 dannyboy // May 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM

@SuperShearer – i understand were your comeing from but i think we might have beat chelsea regardless, there mind has been on CL final for a while now,u could flip the coin and say that could have pumped us up even more, but who knows i suppose. but fully agree with you on keeping the quality players situation. if we got CL why the hell would anybody want to leave,great team spirit, city,manager and supporters ! it would give us a incredible platform to attract that bit of ‘extra’ quality player compared to what we would get being in the uefa that we need to compete with the big boys again next year. the CL is were everybody wants to be as the two dembas have mentioned before!

• 24 pieceofpapiss // May 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM

JackButler

Agreed with the Pardew thing but they dont like the North East, it’ll be given to Brendan Rodgers, newly promoted team and it keeps the Welsh from complaining.

• 25 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM

pieceofpapiss

As a Welshman myself I’ll be complaining if Pardew doesn’t get manager of the year, selling three of our top players and giving one away for nothing and taking us to the last game of the season with a chance of taking third in the league,all while having the wage bill reduced and not spending anything other the money brought in from the sale of Carroll.
    I know I’m biased but its a no brainer for me :)

• 26 davybtoon // May 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM

jb pardew has made very clear n public to simpson sign or we will sell you honestly were the hell does he think hes gonna go thats better than here

• 27 toonincheek // May 10, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Minimum 5th.

The glass is 7/8 full, not 1/8 empty.

• 28 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM

davy – Agree mate, Barton, Nolan, Carroll and Jose should be the example, they are all earning more money but all have taken a backwards step to do so, if thats what Simpson wants then ship him out asap Tavernier is more than capable of replacing him

• 29 DevonMag // May 10, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Seeing as I can comment again for the first time in so long I just wanna say davybtoon your posts have been an absolute pleasure to read for the last couple years – your optimism is first class and it was great to see all the n*bheads who were calling you deluded disappear after we started playing so well. Fine work. Also, ToonDownSouth – you are a bit of a sanctimonious chap but I’ve never found myself disagreeing with anything you say; you’re a paragon of reason!

• 30 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Afternoon all…

I’ll try and catch up with the various convos.

Simpson – Great if he stays, fine if he goes. Solid player, but certainly replaceable. For him, I think he should think long and hard what he really wants from his career.

Manager of the year – Has to be Pardew, if it isn’t they would have made a huge mistake – which we all know they’re capable of. Most know he’s the man this season and although it would be nice for him to get the formal recognition at the end of the day it wont matter too much.

Europe – Minimum 5th, auto qualification for EL already. Hopefully we’ll give Everton a great game on Sunday and give ourselves the best chance of CL (depending on Spurs, Arsenal and of course Chelsea in the CL Final). Either way, we’re way ahead of target and can look forward to some great extra games next season – Woo hoo!

:) :) :)

• 31 SuperShearer // May 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM

@Dannyboy agree with CL attracting better calibre of players but from what Carr has been doing I think we can attract and continue to unearth some real gems. I’d still rather pay 7Mil for a Carr find than £20Mil for a ‘superstar’. Football is rapidly changing the way it does business and I’m so happy our team is at the front of that steep learning curve and looking for value for money over a prolonged period of time rather than another Michael Owen type purchase.

• 32 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Hi lads.

Please help me out for 30 secs. answer these questions. Help us decide our future boy’s name.
    (and sorry or not having there some names that are connected with the team, you know the wife is, she thinks HBA isn’t a real name, go figure :) )

• 33 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Oleg G – How about Yohan Papiss Ben Afra, thats a great name :)

• 34 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Please tell us what you think about these names.
    There are no “wrong” answers so don’t worry, we won’t hurt you even if we won’t like your choices. Or maybe we will! no no, we won’t. Or maybe yes! no just kidding. Or am I? no, I am just messing with you (Be very afraid!).

Lol.

• 35 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Oleg G…what’s the surname? First name has to work with it….mind you, any surname will work with JB’s suggestion

• 36 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Well, the family name (surname) is (mine) Goldin (my wife’s) Lopes (Russian, Brazilian, Israeli Jewish, Christian mix going on there hhh…)

• 37 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Yohan Papiss Ben Afra Goldin, the boy will be destined for greatness :)

• 38 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Yohan Papiss Ben Arfa Goldin sounds pretty amazing to me :)

As for your wife, that’s a big mix there….must be an interesting character ;) – I’m sure she’s extremely conflicted

• 39 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM

CODARM – Most women are conflicted ;)

• 40 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM

oh, just to be sure that I explained myself.

I am the Russian, Ukrainian Christian-Jewish Israeli one. She is just Brazilian :) with Indian, African and Portuguese in there somewhere.

• 41 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 3:56 PM

JB…Very true.

Oleg – Just Brazilian? What a bummer :)

• 42 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Oleg – thats one hell of a combination you’ve got mate :)

• 43 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I think Simmo should get rid of his agent and just settle for…hang on….oh sorry everyone, I thought I was posting on a footy blog, my mistake, now I’ll just re-type that URL in that address bar…

oh and by the way I think Oleg is a nice na..oh yeah….

• 44 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Ibiza – What do you mean, just Brazilian? Don’t you know it’s a very big number ?

Now, where is my coat…..

• 45 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Tsunki….We can be flexible with the content of discussion. It’s a Newcastle blog, so we’ll allow Newcastle fan’s thoughts on life etc too…

..think I may have opened up a can or worms there – sorry Ed :)

• 46 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Tsunki…”Just” was an attempt at sarcasm :)

• 47 JackButler // May 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM

• 48 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Ibiza – my ‘strayed onto the wrong blog’ thing was my attempt at sarcasm too. ;)

Just cheked out the ‘innnies n outies’ article at the journallive mentioned above – a reasonable piece of guesstimation and accumulated knowledge, although I believe Besty had a pretty bad knee twist not an ankle injury. Simmo may have changed his agent because he was being too pushy, I dunno, but if he has to he should get rid of his replacement and take the deal, or join someone like qpr who are daft enough to spend big on staying 5th bottom next year. Up to him. Danny Guthrie may well get regular first team footy at Villa because they are absolutely dire and he would shine there, at 6th bottom. In any of these cases, if they do go it will be about money and they will have confirmed their uselessness to us by doing so.

So if Spurs draw, what happens again if Chelski lose the CL final?

• 49 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM

It’s got to be Alan Goldin!

Alan Pardew will be our manager when the bairn is born and he will have got us in to the Champions League… And not forgetting Alan Shearer and perhaps to a lesser extent Alan Carr our super scouts son and even lesser extent Alan Smith.

• 50 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Tsunki….Was that sarcasm too? :) Wonder how long this could go on for? Ha

Spot on with Simmo and Guthrie.

If Chelsea lose in the final I grin from ear to ear? Still, we need to get our result first…which is certainly possible

• 51 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Shane…you were on to something there until you mentioned Smith :)

• 52 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Serious about the name thing what about Joshua? Satisfies both Christian/Jewish criteria plus Josh Goldin sounds like a film star to me. :)

• 53 ToonDownSouth // May 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

We’re not going to sign Elia. He hates Juventus because he doesn’t start regularly, and he has to work hard.

Seeing as our wide players are Ba, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Ferguson and Gutierrez (irreplacable), I think he might suffer similarly!

• 54 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Ibiza lol I forgot I should have put IF we win in before that question ha ha. No, hang on, here’s the question again….

When we win on Sunday, if Spurs draw and Chelski lose th CL final – do we still need Arsenal to lose? I tried to keep up but it got too confusing when I tried to square the result of our GD with the third letter in the town name, carry the one and put the decimal point two places to the right…or was it left… :(

• 55 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Shane // May 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM

hh… My mom suggested Alan. I have no prob. with the name. But it won’t work in Brazil and Israel, and we want the child to have a name that works in different countries, as you never know where he will end up with his parents background :)

• 56 ToonDownSouth // May 10, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Tsunki

I can appreciate Guthrie’s position to be honest. He’ll always be 2nd best here. If we sell Tiote in the summer, we’ll bring in a new 1st choice DM.

• 57 ToonDownSouth // May 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Tsunki

I’m very confused by the conversation, but if Spurs draw and we win, we finish 4th.

• 58 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Considering the fact that we are not religious people (at all!!!), and this name sounds so old in Hebrew
    (Yeoshua – this is wrong on so many levels hh…).

And what’s up with this clock thing? Why is it no Sunday afternoon already?????

• 59 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Hmmm… Fabricio?

… Fabricio Goldin!

How are yours and the ladys locks? If you’ve got a big bushy barnet this could be a winner!!

• 60 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Side note for MARTOON if you’re out there or read this before you jet off to Ibiza….

There is the medieval festival in Ibiza town this weekend, which may be a nice outing for the family. Lots of stalls, food, etc.

Have a great time

• 61 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Tsunki…If we win, we need either Spurs to draw or Arsenal to lose, the other can do what they want and we’d get at least 4th…then it’s down to Chelsea…Be far easier if all London clubs fail

• 62 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Shane // May 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

No, no luck there with the hair, could’ve been a smash.

But the boy will have the mom and the dad family name in there, this is how the Brazilian’s do it, and I like it :)

• 63 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10,

“Be far easier if all London clubs fail”

I think this happens once or twice this season right?

• 64 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Oleg G…got completely sidetracked by the initial question and forgot to say / ask the following:

1) Congratulations
    2) When is he due?

• 65 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM

and maybe this question to:

3) Are you sure it’s a boy? lol

I think so on the London club losses…certainly a possibility. Can see Fulham getting something and Roy will want to leave on a high also. Going to be a bit gutted if the results go our way, but we don’t secure our own match…

• 66 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Oleg. Oh. Sorry.

• 67 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Games without any meaning and won’t change anything for either teams?

Chelsea ? – ? Blackburn R.
    Norwich C. ? – ? Aston Villa
    Swansea C. ? – ? Liverpool
    Wigan Athletic ? – ? Wolverhampton W.

Right?

I see Chelsea putting their academy to play to keep the players fresh for the CL finals. Can be bad for us we it will be relevant after Sunday’s results.

• 68 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Ibiza – your last scenario sounds unfortunately typical Toon.

So if we get 4th and Chelsea lose to Bayern, CL footy eh?

• 69 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Good evening all!

Congratulatinos Oleg! How about Alex? Alex Goldin

Seems to be a universal name accepted in most cultures.

This weekend is really a double edged sword, one of the most exciting weekends for any football fan, but also the last we’ll see of our lads for a few months. I can’t bare to think of it.

• 70 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM

CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Yeah, pretty sure. :)
    If everything goes as planned, he is due around mid July (The formal date of 40 weeks is 19 of July).

Either way he will be fresh and ready for the new Season :)

• 71 dmac // May 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Isnt there a cb called Diego Godin? Very close if you at all rate him haha!

What about Graham after wor super scout!

• 72 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Er the dreaded prelims….

• 73 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 4:45 PM

And thanks for the congrats mates.

Alex is cool. International and all. Just so so common in the Russian history of names. I know so many Alex/Alexander that it is just annoying already, but this name defo came up. But it is like Michael of the Russians. :)

• 74 ToonDownSouth // May 10, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Oleg

Chelsea may not have a single fit, available CB at the club. I honestly think Bayern will tear them apart.

I thought the same about Barcelona, and Chelsea were incredible there, so fair play to them. But this is different. Bayern are the home team, they’ll have about 70% of the support, and they’re a very different proposition to Barca.

Bayern are a threat from set pieces, long shots, long balls, crosses etc. Bosingwa will have to play RB, because Ivanovic is suspended, and Ribery will absolutely destroy him.

• 75 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Tsunki…Indeed. But we’re the new Newcastle United and don’t buckle! lol….let’s hope.

Yes, 4th place and Chelsea lose final and CL here we come!

LewSpi…I’m going to be lost after the weekend and this blog will go in to turmoil with only transfer speculation to discuss *shudders*

Wake me up when the season starts again :)

• 76 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM

By the way. I checked around 2000 names, maybe more. After bringing the list down to 80+, my wife took down another 60. and we were left we 15 or so. And now we are in the final stage of picking, so those who are in that website, are the “finalists”.

It is almost like the CL. Just without the money, or the fame, and with lots of dippers and sleepless nights.

• 77 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Haha I know, countless trolls, arguments, tantrums, rumours and more to follow.

I can’t wait…

• 78 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I think Bayern will target Chelseas right hand side.

Bosingwa vs the overlapping of Ribery and Lahm.

Bonsingwa is good going forward but defensively he’s going to have problems here.

• 79 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM

OK everyone…so if we get 3rd and therefore don’t need Chelsea to lose…Who will you be supporting? Go for English or is there a general dislike towards Chelsea regardless?

Oleg…well I wish you and your wife the best of luck with everything….need to work on his first words at an early age. Apparently my mums was “Milburn” – wouldn’t say my grandpa was a big toon man :)

• 80 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM

As long as the lads will consentrate on the Everton game, and win it. Doesn’t matter what will happen in the other games.

1. Because I am sure one of them will drop points (and yes, with Arsenal just draw and Spurs win, we won’t get 4th). Some points at least.

2. If we won’t win, it won’t matter. So lets just win it. And if anything, finish this season with a victory.

After watching last night the finals of the two Atleticos. I have to say that we can progress there better maybe so finishing 5th, is amazing anyway. Just go and win it against Everton

HWTL!

• 81 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM

LewSpi…what annoys me most is that I get so desperate for football related news I start to believe the hype and speculation. So incredibly foolish but unavoidable it seems

• 82 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Ibiza

If we end up 5th or 3rd I reckon I’ll want Chelsea to win, just to keep it English.

But if we’re 4th, you can bet your winnets I’ll be screaming for Bayern.

• 83 ToonDownSouth // May 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Ibiza

I’d defintely want Chelsea to win. The thought of Lampard lifting the trophy is a nice one.

I also think they’re a lot more likeable now than before. Meireless, Luiz, Torres, Mata and Cahil sort of balances out the hatred I feel towards Terry and Cole.

• 84 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM

LewSpi…I’m with you…always support English, unless it’s at the cost of the toon ;)

• 85 Cabaye4 // May 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM

who did we get knocked out of the FA cup and Carling Cup by???

• 86 Cabaye4 // May 10, 2012 at 4:57 PM

5-0 tottenham
    4-3 blackburn
    4-0 wigan
    3-1 liverpool
    5-2 fulham

• 87 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 4:57 PM

TDS…Terry and Cole…grrrrr….Cole winds me up, but he is a cracking LB. Terry as far as I’m concerned and just disappear of the face of the planet.

• 88 Cabaye4 // May 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM

YNWA

• 89 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM

@ Codarm

Definitely neutral. I just want to see a really great game of football. Which i honestly believe it will be so long as Chelsea dont get the first goal.

I just imagine if they do score first they won’t chase a second they’ll switch to a more defensive formation.

So Bayern to score first and hopefully, game on!

• 90 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Ibiza – In the event of your interesting yet ludicrously outlandish fantasy of us getting 3rd (no offence) I would be in a bit of a pickle there.

Traditionally it would have to be Chelski as the English team (although if sunderland were oh no that’s just ridiculous.) but I do feel a bit sory for Bayern after being mugged by the Mancs a decade ago, and I felt really sorry for Lothar Matthaus who spent most of the second half with a grin that nearly made the top of his head fall off, right up until sheringham and solskjaer..well you know.

But then again I have a bit of a soft spot for DiMatteo, he seems a canny lad.

Blue pill? Red pill?

• 91 euanpolo // May 10, 2012 at 5:01 PM

One for the new look reserve team?

• 92 gonufc (up and Hatem) // May 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM

If Simpson really is refusing to sign a £25,000 per week contract because he wants more then I want him sold ASAP. He is only in the team because we don’t have any better full backs at the moment and is no where near good enough to arrogantly ask for (even) more money.

• 93 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Tsunki…Both :)

Hasn’t the whole of this season been a ludicrously outlandish fantasy? Surely there’s a chance of it lasting 2 more match days – there’s some optimism for you all and this time it’s on the house

• 94 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM

gonufc – I think that’s the general opinion, and as simmo seems to be more affected than most by adverse commentary, he may be finding that opinion about him to be the tipping point in his deciding to go. I just don’t think he feels the love any more.

Another thing to consider is that he may be seeing the writing on the wall – I think he can see players being scouted and lined up to slot into his position, and realises that it may not be long before he’s regularly plying his trade in the reserves rather than europe anyway. This is probably the best tme to make a sideways move before he gets pushed, because I don’t think he is going to be any different a player in one, two or even four years time – whereas I can see someone like Santon being very, very good in a years time.

• 95 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM

gonufc

Ed posted something yesterday (which was sent to him by rich_toonfan), that stated it was the way which it was being paid to him which he wouldn’t accept.

He can either be paid in like a salary or by image rights, if he is paid by image rights, he gets taxed 20%, if it’s salary then it’s 50%.

This is a remarkable amount when you’re getting paid £25,000 a week.

Over 52 weeks, this is a difference of £390,000. Quite a bit of money simply due to which way he is paid. I am not condoning it, as it’s still a stupid amount of money to be paid in the first place.

But I can’t imagine anybody being happy at being charged an extra £390,000 a year.

• 96 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Ibiza – ahhh the warm sun of Optimism Valley beaming down on me and warming my bones. Good to be back home…

• 97 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM

25K a week. Damn. 100K a month. For 4 games a month, for some running around, kicking the ball, passing and defending. That is some crazy life.

How he will finish the month? Food, fuel, clothes. Poor Simmo.

@CODARM

Thanks. I don’t know what we will do thou. He will be listening to 4 different languages (Hebrew, English, Portuguese and Russian), so I hope he will not have a problem speaking words in general, let alone cheering for the toons :)

But I am just waiting for the season to be over (and my exams too) and I am going to buy a gift for him in the nufc shop online. Maybe an outfit?

• 98 Tsunki // May 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM

LewSpi – while I can see that’s quite a hit on the pay packet, and you can feel for the lads predicament, 12.5k/wk is still alright really. I’d take it, at a push. Let’s face it my image rights aren’t worth squat. :)

• 99 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Tsunki…don’t forget the sun cream and welcome back

• 100 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Oleg…Wouldn’t mind that in my size :)

• 101 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM

LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Yeah, passive income is always better. But what is “image rights” when it comes to Simmo?

• 102 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Tsunki

I wouldn’t mind an extra 12.5k either, I suppose it would just get tiring watching the numbers roll in though wouldn’t it.

Oleg

I haven’t a clue who is paying for his image. Ha.

• 103 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Well I’m not sure who’s responsible, but good job at clearing the blog :)

• 104 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Being the last poster, I’ll take the hit. My apologies.

• 105 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM

LewSpi….That’s alright mate. Want to take a shot at redeeming yourself by posing an amazing topic to discuss? One that will pull all Newcastle fans from all corners of the globe in to a frenzy of debate that could possibly last until next season?

• 106 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Sorry guys, The Chase is on the box! :-)

Simpson out! Greedy git. (If it’s all true)

• 107 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Here goes…

Wow, the pressure.

Ok, erm..

Why is it, in your own opinion – why is it that triangular cut sandwiches taste so much better?

• 108 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Not sure I have too much more to add..lol

• 109 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM

In my personal opinion…

Less crust to bread ratio on the old triangle cut!

• 110 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Well, while i respect your opinion, I’m expecting an influx of comments any second now, we’ll see what everybody else has to say before we make any definite conclusions, yeah?

• 111 scdoty // May 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

@neilinho

stuck a tenner on Newcastle win, fulham and westbrom win. 123/1 hell of a night out

HWTL

• 112 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

LewSpi…I think you could compare you expecting an influx of responses to Clattermole expecting CL qualification next season ;)

• 113 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Shane…isn’t it exactly the same ratio whether you cut in squares or triangles?

Lol…this conversation is going to really wind some people up

• 114 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Haha. Yeah I was thinking that, I think you can get a better bite of filling in triangles, so it just tastes a load nicer.

I guess on a crustless loaf, there would be no difference.

• 115 super magpie // May 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

does anyome know when the Match kicks off on Sunday?

Some websites say 4:00 (which is what it was last year) but the bbc say 3:00 and all the games last week kicked off at 2:00 so I haven’t got a clue when we K.O.

Also why is it always a Sunday for the final games of the season?

• 116 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Codarm…

Per 1 triangle sandwich on a round plate with dimensions 15x….

There is one man who know’s the answers to all our sandwich based questions.

David Wheat-er!

Oh dear.

• 117 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Super magpie…pretty sure it’s 3pm kick off. No idea why Sunday. Are there play-offs or some other games of interest on the Saturday maybe?

• 118 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Super magpie

3pm according to Sky Sports Score Centre.

• 119 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Shane….I have no words just a gentle shake of the head :)

• 120 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Lewspi…so we both went to the score centre ay?

Saw this whilst on there:

Makes the stadium name change look less daunting

• 121 MagpiesFlyHigh // May 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Oleg

Alex is a very fine multinational/multicultural name.

Tsunki

From another thread. Our ferry is 20 mins so not too long a trip. Don’t work on the mainland every day.

The choice of my bottle of single malt if we get third could well be an Ardbeg. A most excellent choice. We can see Islay from our island.
    My personal favourite is Longrow a fine Campbeltown malt – but any Islay or Campbeltown malt will do.

On topic
    I’d prefer to keep Simmo – he is pretty solid defensively. I suspect Plan B is to change Santon to RB and bring in a left footed left back who can double up as CB.

If Pards doesn’t make manager of the year I’ll be very surprised. Mancini was being touted but he has had riches galore to play with. The prima donna / toys out the pram brigade quota at Citeh is way too high for true team spirit.
    Anyone know when the vote is done ?

• 122 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM

To add insult to injury,

If David Wheat-er is unavailable for comment due to his current Knee injury Zac Whit-bread might be able to help. :-)

• 123 super magpie // May 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM

IMO there should be a bank holiday the next day :)

• 124 MagpiesFlyHigh // May 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Ibiza

Just imagine if a new Toon owner wanted to change us to red and white stripes with a large dick on the club badge :-)

• 125 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Supermagpie…so it was a question of being able to celebrate afterwards and not having to work with a hangover and not scheduling issues with attending church?

On the bread front…where’s HOVIS when you need him?

• 126 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM

MFH….My thoughts exactly…well besides the badge maybe ;)

• 127 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Anyway…maybe we should keep quiet…don’t want Mike getting any big ideas

• 128 Magpies-till-d3ath // May 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Just seen. Elia has come out and said that he wants to leave juve. He’s made 4 apps this season and only made one start!

• 129 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Read that earlier as well. What was it 90 odd minutes played for the whole season?

• 130 Oleg G // May 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Magpies-till-d3ath // May 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I don’t get it, so he makes apps, or plays football.

I think footballers get more money than apps developers, but then again, depends what kind of app.

• 131 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Oleg G….with the poor money footballers earn they need to look at different avenues of income. It’s quite sad really, we should consider starting a charity for them.

• 132 super magpie // May 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Ibiza

Partly, it’s just that traditionally games are usually played on a Saturday 3pm and only when the FA cup final is before the end of the season, and the last round of games is when all games are on a Sunday (bar arsenal- Norwich last week) I just dont understand why they make the last games on a Sunday. Plus it’s annoying when you look forward to the match and then have to wait another day more. Although next year we’ll play on Sunday a lot we’ll have a mid-week game most weeks.

• 133 Dannyo // May 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

@supermagpie
    Cause more people are able to attend on Sundays as more shops and services as closed, aswell as more people home all over the world to watch the grand finale of their team and follow results.

• 134 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

supermagpie….ahh yes…mid-week games, now that’s put a smile on my face

• 135 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Dannyo…very good answer. perhaps you have some input @103?

• 136 Klatoon // May 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM

If we are looking at Juve cast-offs then we might aswell try for Milos Krasic. Seriously how good is Juve’s 1st team if Krasic cant get a sniff? This kid was touted as the next big thing just last season!

• 137 Dannyo // May 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

@Ibiza
    Lol, nah, i eat the bread with the crust, like a man.

• 138 super magpie // May 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

As it does on mine :)

• 139 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I have a good feeling that Danny Simpson could be a good bargaining chip when it comes to buying a player in the Summer.

I have loved the blog today but not been able to comment. Keep up the good work. Is has been so random that even billy/bob/ted/Eric etc… hasn’t even dared to blog.

• 140 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Beattie…Like a swap with Crystal Palace for Clyne?

Dannyo…Oh I enjoy the crust as much as the next guy, it’s more a question of how to cut it? Either way, please don’t feel the need to answer, it was a joke and one that’s probably been played out enough :)

• 141 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Here’s an interesting question if you like this sort of thing, would anybody take Barry Bannan from Villa?

I liked the look of hin this season, sneaked under my radar until I was thinking of potential transfers. Reminds me of Marvin Martin but not as good currently but could be cheap and is British?!

Anybody else got any ‘under the radar’ players they have liked this season in the PL?

• 142 toonarmydownsouth // May 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

@CODARM maybe we could set up a swap deal for simpson with a local sandwhich shop gor a variety of differently cut sarnies?

• 143 White and Black Army // May 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Simpson is an alreet defender, but not a threat attacking we need another margin buy like santoon who is decent attacking as well as defending. saying this i won’t forget the amount of times Simpson has made offtheline clearances i.e. man united game at old trafford

• 144 toonarmydownsouth // May 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Beattie can he transfer while he still has hours left on his community service???

• 145 munch27 // May 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Oleg Silas Isiah Seth Goldin Silas IS Goldin ><. Forgive me lol.

• 146 White and Black Army // May 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Maybe even a cheeky swap for Heskey i joke i joke

• 147 toonarmydownsouth // May 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

@beattie also whos tge young argentinian midfielder at qpr looked great til he got injured

• 148 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Yes Ibiza or a swap with Sessegnon?

Anyway back to the brad cutting I think it depends on what your doing with the bread.

Toasted it’s gotta be rectangular, when making a cold meat sandwich it’s a triangle, cheese and crisps it should be uncut and with jam or peanut butter cut it into quarters!

• 149 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Fraulin?

• 150 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

tads….Like it. Mike might see it as good business too.

Beattie…Really seen nothing of him, so no idea.

• 151 toonarmydownsouth // May 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Beattie fraulin thats the fella looked good for rangers first half of the season also that mark davies at bolton

• 152 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Beattie…I would answer the footy questions, but the sandwiches have got me hooked :)

When you say cheese and crisps do you mean together or as individual sandwiches. Love a crisp sarnie and am thinking maybe i’ve missed something all of these years?

• 153 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Does anybody else feel really hungry every time they watch man vs food? I’ve just had a big sheppards pie but I’m starving again.

• 154 toonarmydownsouth // May 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Cheese first then cram the crisps on top magic!

• 155 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM

well well well….i will have to give that a go then (and of course no cutting required).

Perhaps I’ve found my football replacement for the summer?

• 156 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

man vs food? Seems i’m missing some cracking tv over here :)

• 157 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

TDS

Good call!

Ibiza

Crisp with a complementing filling. Although cheese goes with many flavour of potatoe chip. Beef and onion on a nice cheddar! Tasty

• 158 Indian Magpie // May 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

How is everybody, when does shola bashing begin

• 159 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Ibiza have you never seen man vs food? It’s immense.

• 160 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Indian… normally when you turn up :)

Beattie…sounds bloody tasty

• 161 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

The shola bashing begins at 10 pm when the babe station babes get their tops off!

• 162 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I have not. Is it downloadable or worth downloading? Should I expect to see men wrestling against various foods? Cos that isn’t really my thing ;)

• 163 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Beattie…not even going to ask why you call yours shola

• 164 Indian Magpie // May 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Watching IPL, listening to some hindi classic songs on you tube, rading articles and blogging. Bit 2 much u think

• 165 super magpie // May 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I love man v food, wish they’d do a UK version though, love to see what mega meals you can get around the country. I’m the same beattie, even if I’ve just had my tea it makes me feel hungry. Some of the food on it just makes me want to beg for it.

• 166 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

No Ibiza although that is a great idea for a new tv show. I’d love to wrestle asparagus!

It’s basically some American guy going around the states taking part in the most insane eating challenges.

Today he drank a 6lb milkshake and ate a 1 /12lb sandwich at the same time. (The sandwich was on a bread roll so remained uncut).

I hope somebody can back me up on its greatness but then again I’m a bit of a moron so I enjoy fat people stuffing their face with 7 hamburgers as they attempt to eat the lot in 30 minutes.

• 167 super magpie // May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Ibiza

It’s this bloke who travels around all of The USA and goes to different restaurants, most of them have their own challenge which only a few people have done. So he has to try and do the challenge, that’s why it’s called man v food.

• 168 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

checked it out online….seems i have 3 seasons to catch up on….going to be a looooong weekend.

I too would love to see you battle asparagus. Do you think you have what it takes though?

• 169 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Yes Supermagpie!!!

I said the same to my missus today about a UK version. I’d love to be that guy!!

He gets paid to eat his own weight in junk food! Ive been practicing on the McDonald’s pound saver menu! 6 double cheese burgers. Munch

• 170 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

cheers super mag…i will certainly check it out.

• 171 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Can I beat Asparagus? I can as long as parsnip doesntinterfere in my match like last time. Oooohhhhhhb yeahhhhh

• 172 super magpie // May 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I know, getting paid to eat mass amounts of food. Couldn’t be any better. It’s just a shame the last series is the last one :(
    But there shoukd definitely be a UK version, I can imagine the curry from hell being on it. If they do I’m applying :)

• 173 Indian Magpie // May 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Man Vs Food starring Shola Ameobi

• 174 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Pesky parsnip :)

• 175 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

New question… Is Messi a rascist?

Royston Drenthe thinks so.

I tell you what the rascist all star 11 is looking healthy.

Suarez, Terry, Emre and Messi.

• 176 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM

On that note, i think i shall take my leave. I bid thee farewell good sirs and wish the best of Thursday evenings to you.

Peace out y’all

• 177 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Damn you beattie….Messi a racist? Have I missed something else today? Where will it stop?

CHEESE and crisp sandwiches
    Man vs Food
    Messi a racist

I might as well just give up. All the optimism in the world can’t make up for these failings

• 178 CODARM (The poster formely known as Ibizatoon) // May 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

just the one crisp mind :)

• 179 Beattie25 // May 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Tasty

• 180 toonarmydownsouth // May 10, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Best crisps to use are the brannigans roast beef and mustard!

• 181 Indian Magpie // May 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Valentin Gjokaj ? @valentingjokaj
    Me at the St. James’ Park! #GreatStadium

• 182 Indian Magpie // May 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM

• 183 LewSpi // May 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Beattie

I’ll back you up mate, Man vs. Food, one of the best (and hunger inspiring) programmes on Dave at the minute. Some of the meat sarnies he has are just incredible.

Ibiza.

You see the influx? ;-)

• 184 JAMSHA // May 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

how bout yordy goldin ;-)

• 185 toonarmydownsouth // May 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Man vs food is good however i work with a fairly overwieght american chap so basically i catch the live show at lunch every day so the novelty wore off pretty quick for me!

• 186 Shiremagpies // May 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM

evening lads, possiby lasses aswell ( so not to be sexist), interesting on the bets going on, out of curiosity anybody check the differences between the actual bets and adding man utd in there aswell for a win??

• 187 tomtoon7 // May 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Indian,who that?

• 188 toonarmydownsouth // May 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Tomtoon7 hes a cb we got on trail

• 189 tomtoon7 // May 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Never heard of him,sonuds like they’ll b plenty of transfer activity til end of deadline day. Wouldnt mind Douglas from Twente playin on the hallowed St James turf. HWTL

• 190 Dannyo // May 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM

@tomtoon7
    I think we’ve had 6 trialists since the start of april mate. And it’s really picking up now.

• 191 Dannyo // May 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Both Best and Guthrie touted to go to Villa.
    Not impossible.

• 192 Shane // May 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM

@ Shiremagpies // May 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Bet365.

Man U – win
    Newcastle – win
    West Brom – win
    Spurs Fulham – draw

Gives 102.99/1.

Wish i had thought about sticking a United win on there!! Doh!

previous post: Magpies’ Defender – The Newcastle Dream Still Alive

next post: Are Newcastle Interested In Blackburn’s Hanley?