Pardew – Not A Forgone Conclusion Demba Ba Sill Stay

There’s kind of some good news and bad news in the papers today regarding Demba Ba.

Demba Ba – unplayable against Manchester United

Alan Pardew has talked about the player and mentioned a situation in his contract, that Newcastle would like to sort out, and we think that has to be that release clause that Harry Redknapp told the world about in January.

But then the Newcastle manager says Demba Ba could also leave Newcastle.

This is what Alan said about Demba Ba today:

“There is a situation with his contract and we are in talks with him and his agent,” “It is not a forgone conclusion that he will stay, but the Newcastle public have played their part by really singing his name. He must love that.”

Alan also added to that statement in the local press today, when he talked further about Ba:

“I want him to stay. There are rumours about his contract and everything else. That unsettles a player.” “Sometimes the most important thing is that you know you’re loved where you are.”

“He is loved by us at the club and the fans. You don’t get that everywhere you go, trust me you don’t.” “The fans have been willing him on. I keep saying Demba has a goal in him before the season is out.”

“And it might be the most important one of the season.”

Demba Ba came out recently and said he never said he wanted to leave Newcastle,  and professed that he is very happy on Tyneside, and just loves the Newcastle fans.

Here is some of what Demba  Ba said in an interview with The Sun, just before last week’s final home game against Manchester City:

“The rumors about me leaving have no basis. Nobody has said they are not counting on being without me next season.”

“I love the Newcastle fans. Since the day I arrived they have shown me nothing but support, so why would I walk away from that?”

“I have never said I wanted to leave.”  “I accept my spell of bad luck is unusual but I haven’t become obsessed with it.”

But there will be some decent players leaving in the summer, and Danny Guthrie wants first team football and will leave, and we thought that was the case,  since he’s not even been included in the squad for the last few games.

Newcastle will let some players leave,  but they will also bring in some new players, and it seems the club have again done their homework for the summer transfer window.

We hope that Demba Ba stays on Tyneside, and signs a new deal.

• petesull

May 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

He’ll be a huge loss…… I hope people havnt forgotten Wat he did for us before Xmas…… Definately player of d season for d first half of d season

• siqkicks

May 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I have always maintained my view that if a player does not want to stay , we should get rid of him ASAP , I don’t want anybody that doesn’t want to play his heart out for NUFC. And seems like Ba does want to stay next season. He seems happy and had a great first half of the season. Adding on to it he has Papiss now to share their senegalese culture. Not too worried even if he decides to pocket the wind fall he’ll get if he goes to another club , with our scouting system nowadays i’m confident carr already has a replacement for Ba in event that he leaves. I hope we sign Luuk de Jong, shola is a good back up striker with a physical presence but i feel we need need somebody with alot of pace , a kieron dyer kind of player.

• Callum

May 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Ive just seen a comment by Alan Pardew on BBC Sport that we are trying to buy someone close to Yohan Cabaye – in the same way we got Cisse, with connections through Demba Ba. Here is the comment.

“If we didn’t have Demba Ba we wouldn’t have Papiss Cisse and we are trying to bring another player to the club who is close to Yohan Cabaye. That is another little connection and a bit of a clue for you.”

Im thinking maybe Eden Hazard or Nolan Roux? But they are just the Lille conections so maybe it could be a player in the french squad? VALBUENA *fingers crossed*!

• zimtoon

May 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Newcastle are where they are in the log because of demba ba’s goals,who could have scored a hatrick against Man U?he really needs 2 stay,only those with a short memory wouldn’t mind him leaving and what would happen if Papiss got injured and we have 2 rely on the strollas of this world again

• Jail for Ashley

May 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Petesull,
    I do apologize if you have a speech impediment but it is ‘the’ season and not d season.

• MrToon

May 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

@ Callum,
    Id imagine thats its the Lille right back whos name escapes me.

• MrToon

May 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

It will defo not be Eden Hazard!!

• geordiesteve520

May 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

@callum, I’ve just read the same interview and the player that sprung to my mind was Mattieu Debuchy, the France and Lille right back who is apparently Cabaye’s closest fiend in football and has been asking all the right questions about moving to us. Should be the starter for France in the Euros now that Sagna is out too, could be another inspired signing.

• MrToon

May 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Well said Jail. surely its not that hard to add two more letters.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

May 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM

No one player should be bigger than the Club !

Pardew is very well aware of how fickle Ashley and Lambs Arse can be when it comes to a Big Money Sale!

It is the Logical that he is trying to shift the blame for any transfers out of big stars to shift any blame from himself!
    Because some people will undoubtedly blame him for any Big name sales done! In spite of how much money comes in!

Its as simple as that!

• Callum

May 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM

@MrToon @geordiesteve520
    Oh, I forgot about him haha! He does seem a very good player and keen to join Newcastle – which is fantastic, always liking players that want to play for the toon, but also are good haha! And to get into the French squad these days you have to be a great player as they have completely turned themselves around and are now a great team in Europe!

• Nick 69

May 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Callum – Id imagine it will be Mathieu Debuchy. Eden Hazard, not a chance, and there isnt a Lille connection with Nolan Roux as he only joined Lille in January, when Cabaye was long gone