Players Have Two Main Issues With Newcastle

It’s true that every player has their price at Newcastle under owner Mike Ashley.

Mike Ashley – every player has a price – but it’s getting higher

But now the club are in such a good financial shape, and that’s only going to get better, the price of most of our players will have significantly increased.

So if a top club did come in for somebody like Papiss Cisse or Yohan Cabaye,  they’d have to pay big big money for them – and probably more than the players are really worth.

That’s what happened with Andy Carroll, and if we do lose some players this summer, it will only be for some big money.

And while it was hard to believe a short year ago, that money will be re-invested back into the club for players, and for upgrading the training facilities, and to bolster the Youth Academy and for increasing the size of the Scouting staff.

All things that will make Newcastle a better and bigger club.

Alan Pardew talked about the two real issues at Newcastle:

“Regardless of who we may lose, we are looking to bring in two or three players.” “There are two real issues here: Salaries and the chances of success.”

“From a salary point of view, there are clubs we cannot compete with. But take the case of Jose Enrique at the end of last season.”

“He probably looked at Liverpool and thought they were going to have a more successful season than us — but I don’t think that has happened.”

“So if we can keep in and around the right figure salary-wise, players can’t say they won’t come because they want European football — they can get that here.”

“We are no different to other clubs. If Arsenal were to finish fifth, I don’t think Robin Van Persie would sign for them again.”

Newcastle are going in the right direction to get European competition every year, and their growing financial health will allow the club to pay bigger wages in the future.

Newcastle now seem to be in very good shape on multiple fronts, and are fast becoming one of the best run clubs in England, but I still get notes arguing that’s not the case.

As far as the financial health of Newcastle is concerned, it’s an awful lot better than league leaders and potential PL Champions Manchester City, who lost £197M in their last financial year.

Newcastle lost £3.9M – so you see what we mean.

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

May 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Havent posted anything really lengthy as this so here we go…

Today I sit proud of my dear Newcastle. SInce I had to leave my country cause of sad circumstances, and emigrated to South Africa. After the shock of emigrating at a tender year of 12, it took me a while to settle once I did I started to look at football again. And bang I switch on the tely and I see Peter Beardsley I cant recall against who running down the left with the black and white stripe jersey and the Blue star on his chest looking for Cole on the middle..

I liked what I saw and I fell in love with Newcastle…. what a club. Then was triumph and sadness for years on over, seeing us relegated I was on a plane coming back from the UK and I heard the news I was gutted…. and today look at us gents….only way is up…. For me what is amazing there is a player profile we signed or we tend to sign wich I like and I love that about this club…the Ginola, the Ferdinand, the Shearer, the Gillespie, the HBA, the Cabaye, the Tiote…

HWTL upward and onward

• Pardew's fist pump

May 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM

We need more than 2 or 3, make it 4 or 5 before anyone leaves and I’m with you. Although I do know it is often just said as a figure of speech.

• Jan Stavik

May 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Another issue is the location, we’ve seen that before that players prefer London to the amazing North East. Don’t ask me why, probably they’ve never been up there… 😉

• dmac

May 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I expect the club to invest in alot of players especially youth. Id be surpised from what i have read if we didnt sign lowinsky and Good. When pardew says 2 or 3 i think he means that will come into contention straight away for first team. Im excited about bringing in Cabayes friend if its Debuchy that would be immense, and i know its probably a ridic dream but imagine if it was Hazard!! Haha or both!

Regardless of what happens today i am a proud geordie.

• indian

May 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Just post online streaming links if ya’ll can,I dont wana see the delayed one on my telivision 😀

• Rotonda heights

May 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I think what is lost on a lot of people is yes there is a basic salary which may not compare to what other clubs may pay.

The big difference with us and Ashley’s other company’s employees is that they are very well remunerated for success, ie performace related which is exactly how it should be. Noland and Barton didn’t want to buy in to that

• davybtoon

May 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Every player at every club had a price stop acting like its only us there is gonna b about 7/8 players come in we’re already losing Simpson lovenkrands smith Guthrie xisco ranger prob

• toonthompson

May 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

You’ve got to see this picture. We’ve got perchiniho

• Crawfordladd17

May 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM

We never sign 2 or 3, we sign 5 or 6, in the summer it was a goalkeeper, a full back, a left winger, a right winger, 2 centre midfielder, and a striker. Plus we got Cisse in the Winter

• Offkey

May 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM

We have never one our last league game in the premier league…………that has to come to an end soon doesn’t it.

• indian

May 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Lets take 3rd spot today!

• Gateshead-Mag

May 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

toonthompswe know it, he knows it

Who needs mouriniho!!!!!

• indian

May 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Luk De jong would be good. But will he come to us?

• Indian Magpie

May 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I Just Hope we do our end of thr bargain, and atleast force Arsenal and Spurs to get a result.

• Offkey

May 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

it must be early for me……..I spelt won as one……..schoolboy error

• LewSpi

May 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

You have to feel sorry for Rangers and wonder whether they’d have preferred Liquidation to having that stupid, fat **** in charge.

Saying that, given that Charles Green is leading the consortium it means that Rangers previous and current owners are Green and Whyte. Where’s Alanis Morissette when you need her?

• pbNcl

May 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Indian, I’m trusting you heard pardew’s interview online….

How do you feel about the mighty shola now, that you’ve heard pardew’s admiration of him?

Toon shirt with ameobi on? Hahaha

Let’s enjoy today lads !!!!!

• magpie6699

May 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I posted this earlier elsewhere.
    Agree with others. When these players signed, we were a mid-table PL team and the “promise” was that we would have plans to progress up the table. Had we finished 7th or 8th this year many people, myself included, would have been well satisfied, especially after all the predictions of doom and gloom. What has happened is that the players have settled in and gelled as a team far quicker and better than anyone expected – as the Manager of the Season put it, the Toon are a year ahead of the plans in terms of achievement.
    Never under-estimate the power of job satisfaction. I know personally that it’s a great feeling building something up yourself from small beginnings and working with a team you feel happy with – better than joining something that is somebody else’s success and perhaps finding cliques and friction. Some players will not be lured by money or “instant” CL – especially if they’re joining a squad where they may warm the bench rather than play all the time and be a big hero. And if they are purely interested in the money then they can b****r off as far as I’m concerned!

• bambams

May 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Magpie 6699…. Good words my friend, well said

• magpie6699

May 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Cheers bambams

• southafricantoon

May 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM

@gorgonzola….. I’m in cape town where u ?

• Robinio

May 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

yes a great season and full credit to Alan Pardew and the players , despite working for the 2 muppets who run the club . The loss of £3.9m you reefer to Ed was actually a profit of £32m , check the accounts filed at companies house . You cannot believe a word those guys say , remember they said they would never change the sacred St james name and promised all the AC money would be reinvested , to name but 2 . Most fans I speak to are more worried about who will be sold rather than bought and the FCB has taken money out of the club every season . lets watch what happens close season before giving those 2 clowns any credit

• Rangerman

May 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

It was £3.9 million before player trading which is how most clubs go off their base cost.

Also the £32 million profit is not a true profit btw, we spent around £10 million last season which will come off over the length of the players contract through amortisation if that makes sense.

• alanlondon

May 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM

And that loss of £3.9m was almost totally accountable to Alan Smith’s wages!

• onebigsoapbox

May 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Robinio, you are a moron. The club openly stated that they made a 3.9m OPERATIONAL loss, which does not include players in or out! They also stated that including player sales, we were in profit, and this profit was due to be reinvested, which it currently has to the tune of £20m + since the departure of Andy Carroll. Please do some kind of research before posting these absolute absurdities.

• chuck

May 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Ed. i’m not sure whether you are being paid for the articles you write for this blog, by NUFC PR dept.
    If not, you should be, cause all you write are feelgoog stuff, which is very pro Ashley & Co..

• chuck

May 14, 2012 at 5:24 PM

ROTONDA Heights
    Should the slave laborers from third world countries who’s sweat generates Ashleys billions, also be on incentives, perhaps they could work twice as hard or eighteen hour days as opposed to only twelve